Protecting Children from Older Men in Chat Rooms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Molly Hayes
Reposted from elsewhere

Question: Our oldest child is 15 and likes to visit chat rooms. She does this at the local library because our kids cannot log in by themselves at home (our PC is password-protected). It seems she started chatting with a 32-year-old man. About a month later, she received a phone call from him. Our daughter has refused to give us any information on this man. How do I protect her?

Answer: Step one is succeeding at some form of authentic communication with your daughter. If she is withholding information from you about the man on the Internet, she could just as easily withhold information about a face-to-face encounter with someone, or about any of a hundred things. Your challenge here is not the bogeyman on the Internet -- it's the failed communication with your daughter. That's where I'd put my attention, maybe even seeking help outside the family (e.g., family counselor).

I also propose to you that by this age, there is no information about men and the world that your daughter needs to be protected from. Information is now her armor. I'd suggest you and your daughter might benefit from reading How to Get Through to Teenage Girls,'' from my book Protecting the Gift.

Thoughts?

Capt_Fantastic
Dude, come on. Give it up.

soin2cal
15 is not really a child, when i was 15 i was on them, i felt old enough to be, 16 is the age limit on a lot, which is only one year ahead, which is definitely not a child.
Depends on how the person is, how sensible they are, a lot of 15 year olds can be like adults when being on the internet. I would say a child was 12 and under, a proper child. I understand what you mean though, but a proper child is different to a 15 year old, in their restrictions. I was seen as differently to a child at age 15.

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by soin2cal
15 is not really a child, when i was 15 i was on them, i fewlt old enough to be, 16 is the age limit on a lot, which is only one year ahead, which is definitely not a child.
Depends on how the person is, how sensible they are, a lot of 15 year olds can be like adults when being on the internet. I would say a child was 12 and under, a proper child.

I'm almost 17 but I avoid talking to much older guys on the web, I just put them on ignore. It just feels wrong, I wouldn't do it in real life it's kind of icky to do it here.

soin2cal
Yes, i will not talk to older guys either. No matter whether you are 19-15 or what, which are very similar anyway, i think everyone has to be so careful. In my own opinion.
I have seen television programs on older than myself, and also younger, where people were wanted for sex etc, at about 18. And they were talking to 50 yr old menmessed

Molly Hayes
Yes, i will not talk to older guys either. No matter whether you are 19-15 or what, which are very similar anyway, i think everyone has to be so careful. In my own opinion.
I have seen television programs on older than myself, and also younger, where people were wanted for sex etc, at about 18. And they were talking to 50 yr old menmessed

I agree.

A lot of really young kids are on here, talking to adults abot adult themed things.

Originally posted by Ichigo66666
Thanks Entity, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm only 13. I was 12 when I joined. But the mods don't need to know. stick out tongue

debbiejo
I talk to people of all ages. I feel down inside that people are just people and one has to have some smarts on what they do or not do......simple.

soin2cal
I think in general, that people should get along with any ages, i love mixing with all ages, i often look upto them too. I have a lot older friends that what i am, though as long as it isnt some weirdo, i do not care. But like you say, you cannot prove that the man is decent by talking to him on the internet. Shamly. That is why me and my friends usually have webcam conversationslaughing out loud
Oh well, i am sure you act olderstick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
And they were talking to 50 yr old menmessed

psst...you're doing that right now. Your friend Molly is a 45 year old dude.

Bardiel13
Oh, so only men are internet creeps?! I think I take offense! I will not tolerate such stereotyping! mad

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
psst...you're doing that right now. Your friend Molly is a 45 year old dude. laughing out loud

soin2cal
she is a woman thoughmessed It is rarely women that are the weirdos. And Molly is 16.

Molly Hayes
Having seen what that Capt Fantastic who is on my ignore list because he thinks I am someone else said in Debbies quote, I am not a 45 year old male. What a weird thing to say. Anyway I look forward to reading peoples thoughts when i'm online again.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Molly Hayes
What a weird thing to say.

Weird? Weird is a 45 year old man coming onto an internet forum pretending to be a 17 year old girl.

Don't worry about responding. I can wait until someone comes along a quotes me.

Robtard
Another thread that can be sumed up by:
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/882/cryingbabyrt0.jpg

Lord Urizen
It's the parent's job to protect thier kids against possible internet predators, that much I agree with.

But to b*tch and moan about how you don't want to talk to older men is pointless Molly...no one gives a sh*t

If you don't want to talk to older men, then don't talk to them...that simple. Stop whining about it on KMC, we don't need to hear it.

soin2cal
A she, not a hemessed

finti
laughing out loud

debbiejo
There's medication for that........

soin2cal
This is confusing. I am sure that he said she was a 45 yr old femalemessed

PVS
will somebody please ban this old man already?

Bardock42
Weird? Weird is a 45 year old man coming onto an internet forum pretending to be a 17 year old girl.

Don't worry about responding. I can wait until someone comes along a quotes me.

True, very weird it is.

Bardock42
A she, not a hemessed

...wow...

Didn't you jsut say to be careful? But you take it he's a she just because he said so in his profile?

soin2cal
I am meaning being careful of older men that i talk to.
I do not mind talking to women older because they arent usually weirdos, men are. It is more common in men than women.

PVS
some 45 year old man has fixated himself on me
and types paragraph after paragraph to lure my attention.

how............hot *pinches nipples*

soin2cal
messed

Bardock42
I am meaning being careful of older men that i talk to.
I do not mind talking to women older because they arent usually weirdos, men are. It is more common in men than women.

BULLSHIT

I thought about adding something, but that basically sums it up.

What do ya know, now I did.

soin2cal
whatmessed?
I know that women can be weirdos too, but how many weirdos , that actually try to harm people are women? Not half as many as they are men.
Therefore i am fine about talking to older women, as long as they too have a webcam for proof.

Molly Hayes
I just asked my mum to see what I had types and she wanted to see why I had so many people on ignore and looked at what they said. She doesn't want me coming on this site anymore cause of these weird old men who keep trying to say I am 45 and even older than them. So I guess this is my last post. I hope you, enjoy talking sexy to little girls young enough to be your kids and increasing your post counts. Maybe one day you'll meet your own someones and start a families yourselves. I would guess you spend so much time posting on here you don't do much in the real world but perhaps you'll meet them from cyber space, although that's a bit icky meeting someone off the net. Now i'm back at school i couldn't post much anyway.

Bye

Storm
Set a random password, then logout and delete the forums from your bookmarks.

Lord Urizen
laughing

Lord Urizen
I just asked my mum to see what I had types and she wanted to see why I had so many people on ignore and looked at what they said. She doesn't want me coming on this site anymore cause of these weird old men who keep trying to say I am 45 and even older than them. So I guess this is my last post. I hope you, enjoy talking sexy to little girls young enough to be your kids and increasing your post counts. Maybe one day you'll meet your own someones and start a families yourselves. I would guess you spend so much time posting on here you don't do much in the real world but perhaps you'll meet them from cyber space, although that's a bit icky meeting someone off the net. Now i'm back at school i couldn't post much anyway.

Bye

Wow, you are certainly an isolated individual, aren't you ?

soin2cal
Hmm you are not so young to decide what forums you go ontomessed I understood you, i also thought you were what you said you were, now i am confused. No one is a weirdo on here, as far as i know. If they were, just avoid those.
I know, it is kind of hard to understand, for example, why leave hereif you say you are 16? Leaving makes it suspiscious.I think you will find that people are generally playing when they say your that age, i had this when i startd coming on here, took it rather heartly at first.
She does have a point though. People are far too jokey at times, people are not always aware that you are only kidding.

debbiejo
You guys are so mean..........what if you're wrong??

Robtard
Who wants to bet this is just another "Cry Wolf"... 2-3 days ago he/she said the same thing "I'm not coming back, waa-waa-waa", but low and behold, it reared it's ugly head again.

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo

"Inconceivable!"

soin2cal
who are you aiming atstick out tongue?
Well i am used to this nowlaughing out loud though if this person is new to this forum, she may not be, i wish people would consider that.

Capt_Fantastic

Bye

What would your kid think if he/she knew you were pretending to be a 17 year old girl on the internet?

Besides, I don't know too many 17 year old girls who show their mums what they do on the internet.

Just a word of advice. Next time, don't be such a parody of what you think a 17 year old girl would act like, just act normal.

Also, your poor grammar and intentional typos are not very good at looking like unintentional mistakes.

And, finally, don't act like you used to act. Whenever you create these sock accounts you say something inflammatory as though your new persona doesn't know they're insulting or trolling. It's one of your trademarks and the major reason why your new accounts are so easily spotted.

PVS
and spamming the forum with the same troll topic over and over.

predictable and pathetic little person.

debbiejo
I suppose that is true........hmm

Bardock42
whatmessed?
I know that women can be weirdos too, but how many weirdos , that actually try to harm people are women? Not half as many as they are men.
Therefore i am fine about talking to older women, as long as they too have a webcam for proof.

....you are ridiculous.

Then she is stupid.

Marxman
The overuse of icky gives it away as well.

soin2cal
How do you have proof that this person is not 17? you are assuming. I also know that people on here can be rather mean, for example, bardock, you are judging my own opinion on something there. Most weirdos that stalk etc are the men! I agree, that some weirdos can be women too, of course, though not many women i have spoke to actually were, they proved they were a woman, not some man.

Symmetric Chaos
So the theory is that she's a 45 year old man who imitates a 17 yr old girl in order to do what exactly?

Bardock42

soin2cal
What has being on here a lot longer got anything to do with this?
You have not experenced people on here that faked their age as twice as older have you? If so, fair enough. But it seems to me as one person assumed that this woman was 40 something, but actually had no proof, so then many other members decided to go along with it. Isn't that quite unfair? It would show me up if people did that to me, though i am not a weirdo, i admit.
I am not disagreeing with anyones opinion, just please accept minestick out tongue
Sometimes, we do have to experience things, but there are things in which you do not have to experience to realize, for example being on here for a short period of time, unless you actually had experienced weirdos. Forget the age compltely here, i understand your duriation of being on here has been longer than mine. However i can realize things like this in another 5 months or so of beoig on here. I am startng to realize what people are like on here by being on here for a short while, then in a couple of months i shall realize fullystick out tongue

Bardock42
What has being on here a lot longer got anything to do with this?
You have not experenced people on here that faked their age as twice as older have you? If so, fair enough. But it seems to me as one person assumed that this woman was 40 something, but actually had no proof, so then many other members decided to go along with it. Isn't that quite unfair? It would show me up if people did that to me, though i am not a weirdo, i admit.
I am not disagreeing with anyones opinion, just please accept minestick out tongue
Sometimes, we do have to experience things, but there are things in which you do not have to experience to realize, for example being on here for a short period of time, unless you actually had experienced weirdos. Forget the age compltely here, i understand your duriation of being on here has been longer than mine. However i can realize things like this in another 5 months or so of beoig on here. I am startng to realize what people are like on here by being on here for a short while, then in a couple of months i shall realize fullystick out tongue

That I can probably spot similarities to older troll members better.

Also, not a woman. A man.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, but I have been here 24 times as long as you.

This quote got me thinking...so I checked everyone who has posted in this thread. With the exception of finti, who's been here since 2000, I'm the oldest member in terms of post and membership. I even predate Storm by 15 days. How time flies.

Not that any of that is relevant.

soin2cal
what do you mean? Yes you would probably spot weirdos on here more than me, as you have been on here much longer than i havestick out tongue
I was just talking about this person, and how people got the impressions that she is 40 somethingmessedMaybe she is, but i just do not understand. I, myself could have spotted that.

Bardock42
This quote got me thinking...so I checked everyone who has posted in this thread. With the exception of finti, who's been here since 2000, I'm the oldest member in terms of post and membership. I even predate Storm by 15 days. How time flies.

Well, I guess it is relevant in a way. Because people who never experienced Whirly might not understand why others think that is him.Originally posted by soin2cal
what do you mean? Yes you would probably spot weirdos on here more than me, as you have been on here much longer than i havestick out tongue
I was just talking about this person, and how people got the impressions that she is 40 somethingmessedMaybe she is, but i just do not understand. I, myself could have spotted that.

He

soin2cal
laughing out loud

No one answered me.messed

Capt_Fantastic

Dear, no one said that "she" was in "her" 40's. "She" said "she" was 17.

It's not only a matter of having been here long enough to recognize the posting habits of a particular member that has decided to create sock account after sock account.

It's a matter of the "new member" jumping into a forum and instantly have issues with specific members who have been here far longer than they have. (or are pretending to have been) This "chick's" first post was a thinly veiled bash of several older members.

If you need more explaination, you can read back to my post and PVs' posts on the last page.

And it's too bad. I've spoken with Whirly. He can be intelligent and insightful. But instead of contributing, he seems to prefer just pissing people off. He only does it to get his rocks off.

soin2cal
Oh i see. But what sort of thing got you thinking that she is that agestick out tongue?
I truly understand you when you say, the experience of knowing what people write etc when giving themselves away to be older, i agree.

Marxman

I've been here a full month now!

soin2cal
Hmm it appears the person that wrote this must be older as she wrote in "moms" position there. It kind of makesit look suspicious, i just noticed "our children!

quickshot
Molly if you don't like what we say leave, and don't cry to your mum no-one here has flamed you that bad. you've made another thread about moaning

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by quickshot
Molly if you don't like what we say leave, and don't cry to your mum no-one here has flamed you that bad. you've made another thread about moaning

how old are you quickshot?

I'd guess not 14 yet. Yet these guys want to talk to you that is so weird, i'm only a couple of years older than you and i don't want to. There like 20 years and they do. I said it before and i'll say it again icky.

soin2cal
I thought you were not posting again?
Your first post, saying"our children" makes you seem 40 though. You cannot see that.

Molly Hayes
I thought you were not posting again?
Your first post, saying"our children" makes you seem 40 though. You cannot see that.

The first post is a quote, read it it says reposted Soin2. I've been naughty and decided to post again.

Bardock42
how old are you quickshot?

I'd guess not 14 yet. Yet these guys want to talk to you that is so weird, i'm only a couple of years older than you and i don't want to. There like 20 years and they do. I said it before and i'll say it again icky.

Oh...are you an age Hitler?

Whether someone is 14, 40 or 84 is of no matter to me as long as they are agreeable people. Now you, whether you are 17 or 40, are just a major ass.

soin2cal
I am not underdstanding the whole of that molly. It appears that people come on here and try to get away with making themselves out to be 30 years older than what they say.If you ask me, this just proves it as it seems you do not realize how you are giving yourself away here. Then again maybe distaughtion.

Molly Hayes
I am not underdstanding the whole of that molly.

It's taken from another site Soin2, I didn't write the first post it's a prepost from an advice site.

Robtard
The first post is a quote, read it it says reposted Soin2. I've been naughty and decided to post again.

Oh look, how predictable... You said you were leaving and have said "bye" about seven times now... No one is impressed, it's time to kill this sock and make another one and have the decency to not make it so obvious that the frequent posters can spot your ruse after your first post. Take a few weeks, think it out and make a truly genuine persona that will actually fool people; otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

Or... Get a need hobby besides pretending to be different people, just an idea.

soin2cal
But why would you paste that here if you are apparently 17messed?
You would cetainly write your OWN pieve of writing, rather thanc"our or my children" it makes everything sound suspisious. Maybe we are jumping in here too much, its just how it seems, which is not great.

Bardock42
You would cetainly write your OWN pieve of writing, rather thanc"our or my children" it makes everything sound suspisious. Maybe we are jumping in here too much, its just how it seems, which is not great.

...well, that's really just a repost. He didn't want to alternate it.

Actually it is probably not a repost. But if it was it would make sense.

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh look, how predictable... You said you were leaving and have said "bye" about seven times now... No one is impressed, it's time to kill this sock and make another one and have the decency to not make it so obvious that the frequent posters can spot your ruse after your second post. Take a few weeks, think it out and make a truly genuine persona that will actually fool people; otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

You're a frequent poster, is that your aspirational target. I'm a girl stop jumping on the bandwagon because you want to have friends online to make up for your life offline Rob.

soin2cal
Then again, are you telling us a story that someone ELSE has wrote, tnot yourself? If so how can anyone think that she is 40, as she took a report out of a site and pasted it here to make a discussion about men and children.
I have to say this, i was judged too when i first came on here, people got the wrong impression of me, maybe this has happened here because molly just stated something that she saw over a website and thought it would be ok to start the thread to discuss the matter of the weirdos around. Which in my eyes, is totally fine. We do not always have to talk about ourselves do we? If people want to discuss this sort of thing they mey state something they have seen in order to start the whole thing lol.

Molly Hayes

Because a 32 year old guy was chatting up girls my age in another thread i said it was icky and he kept going on about me being 45 which is so weird.

Molly Hayes
Then again, are you telling us a story that someone ELSE has wrote, tnot yourself? If so how can anyone think that she is 40, as she took a report out of a site and pasted it here to make a discussion about men and children.

That's why it says reposted from elsewhere at the top of it.

Because it's a discussion starter.

Marxman
Again, who really says "icky"?

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by Marxman
Again, who really says "icky"?

It's very common in Croydon where are you from?

soin2cal
I understand that.If anything can be discussed on this forum, there is no harm in starting a thread about "weirdos", some may just find it amusing, like on any other thread, to start a conversation about it. I am sure many others have copied a chunk of text off another website, onto here and stated what they thought of itstick out tongue
I live in staffs.

Molly Hayes
I understand that.If anything can be discussed on this forum, there is no harm in starting a thread about "weirdos", some may just find it amusing, like on any other thread, to start a conversation about it. I am sure many others have copied a chunk of text off another website, onto here and stated what they thought of itstick out tongue

Yup it was just something relevant I found.

Robtard
You're a frequent poster, is that your aspirational target. I'm a girl stop jumping on the bandwagon because you want to have friends online to make up for your life offline Rob.

When I said frequent, I really should have said "long time" posters... You may or may not be a girl (i never mentioned it), I couldn't care less and it's funny how you pointed that out again, another flaw in your game, but it is obvious that you are not this Molly Hayes, a 17 year old who's naive yet tough. People have pointed out your obvious flaws, the main one being that in your first few post you trolled and attacked people who you wouldn't know if you just joined directly. Your ruse is up, take it like a man, kill this sock and either come back as yourself or greatly improve your sock/troll skills so it isn't so blatantly and pathetically obvious. Have a little dignity.

soin2cal
I personally cannot see what makes you think that this is not a girlmessed Maybe i just havent seen it, but to me, she just like i said, pointed a statement out. Also, what had a baby picture got anything associated with this? Not as i understand at the beginning why people thought that this was not a male. I thought people were just jokingmessed

Molly Hayes
When I said frequent, I really should have said "long time" posters... You may or may not be a girl, I couldn't care less, but it is obvious that you are not this Molly Hayes, a 17 year old who's naive yet tough. People have pointed out you're obvious flaws, the main one being that in your first few post you trolled and attacked people who you wouldn't know if you just joined directly. Your ruse is up, take it like a man, kill this sock and either come back as yourself or greatly improve your sock/troll skills so it isn't so blatantly and pathetically obvious. Have a little dignity.

I never attacked anyone, please find where I have used any names. I generalised about forums as a whole the fact some people I don't know chose to see themselves in my generalisations perhaps makes them quite accurate Rob. O.K. So you're a frequent, long time poster. That sounds cool.

soin2cal
There is just too much arguing here, in my opinion. About a misunderstanding as to what appears.
Though i must say, when i was involved in an argument thread once, i couldnt help but reply as people wouldnt listen, understand me. Maybe that is why molly, you are replying in here still?

Molly Hayes
There is just too much arguing here, in my opinion. About a misunderstanding as to what appears.
Though i must say, when i was involved in an argument thread once, i couldnt help but reply as people wouldnt listen, understand me. Maybe that is why molly, you are replying in here still?

Sort of, yeah, I guess.

PVS
i thought you werent going to post anymore trollysplat

soin2cal
well some just cannot leave things, like myselflaughing out loud Hmm even if you do not know the people you re aguing with, its as if you want them to realise your side of the story.

Molly Hayes
well some just cannot leave things, like myselflaughing out loud Hmm even if you do not know the people you re aguing with, its as if you want them to realise your side of the story.

That's exactly it Soin2, I don't care if these older guys and some girls think this stuff is O.K. I respect myself to much not to.

Robtard
I never attacked anyone, please find where I have used any names. I generalised about forums as a whole the fact some people I don't know chose to see themselves in my generalisations perhaps makes them quite accurate Rob. O.K. So you're a frequent, long time poster. That sounds cool.

I'm not going to play your games, other people have already pointed out your obvious flaws. Have enough sense to know when the "gig is up" and just make a new sock that isn't so obvious. Cpt Fantastic gave you a great tip, if you're going to play a "young girl", don't make a "parody" of it, that just makes it obvious. Just like the 'Intellectual Aristocrat' sock we had a few weeks ago "Dr Flotsam", the idiot didn't have enough sense to spell check his profile which was littered with moronic grammatical and spelling errors, who knows, maybe that was your sock too.

Another hint, don't say "im leaving because my mommy said I had to" and then repeatedly come back.

soin2cal
what do you mean?Could you name an example as to what you are meaning, that you think seems part of this game apparently? It might show everyone what makes this so obvious to you.

Storm
I'm not going to play your games, other people have already pointed out your obvious flaws.
You are by replying.

soin2cal
Dont you mean, carrying on the argument, by thinking this is a game?stick out tongue I think everyone wants to get their points out here, but not one person is understanding another persons point.

xmarksthespot
You guys are so mean..........what if you're wrong?? Meh, who cares.

Look... puppies...
http://www.lakeland-terrier.org/puppies-cup-large.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by Storm
You are by replying.

That was my last reply to that sock, I was trying to use logic and talk some sense into him/her and see if "she" would have the dignity to realize when "she's" lost and just leave. Obviously, it was a waste of time.

soin2cal
so you are wanting this person to leave, but you do not know hermessed? And for those that simply do not care here, why replymessed?

Robtard
so you are wanting this person to leave, but you do not know hermessed? And for those that simply do not care here, why replymessed?

Yes, once a sock has been blatantly exposed, the troll should have the dignity to leave and "kill" that persona. I do not know her, but as other people pointed out the obvious flaws and just reading "her" post it is fairly obvious. I initially replied to try and talk some sense into the sock/troll, I happen to like this forum so I get mildly annoyed when sock/trolls litter the forum with bogus post. That and I do not appreciate the half-assed attempts at "socking", if you're going to sock/troll, have the dignity to make it convincingly passable, do your homework, think about the persona you're going to impersonate and make in convincing.

Molly Hayes
I'm not going to play your games, other people have already pointed out your obvious flaws. Have enough sense to know when the "gig is up" and just make a new sock that isn't so obvious. Cpt Fantastic gave you a great tip, if you're going to play a "young girl", don't make a "parody" of it, that just makes it obvious. Just like the 'Intellectual Aristocrat' sock we had a few weeks ago "Dr Flotsam", the idiot didn't have enough sense to spell check his profile which was littered with moronic grammatical and spelling errors, who knows, maybe that was your sock too.

Another hint, don't say "im leaving because my mommy said I had to" and then repeatedly come back.

Rob you really want to seem cool on the net, that's O.K. you might get a girlfriend if you go outside once in a while. I am 17 and a girl, I have a boyfi=riend perhaps that's why I don't need any advice from you.

Storm
You heard the bell ring but have no idea where the clapper is at soin2cal.

Molly Hayes
You are by replying.

I still don't understand your problem with me storm. Like I said i'm just another girl.

Molly Hayes

Thank you Soin2 you're the one person whose nice to me in this thread.

soin2cal
I do not understand exactly what your sentences mean Robtardmessed

Molly Hayes
I do not understand exactly what your sentences mean Robtardmessed

I don't think he does Soin2 he wants to be cool.

soin2cal
judger.

TRH
How do you protect young men from older women?

soin2cal
messed

Molly Hayes
judger.

Yes I guess i'm getting trapped into it the same way. You're right.

ThePittman
I'm 15 pitt_shifty

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by ThePittman
I'm 15 pitt_shifty

You said you were in your 30's respect to you though you have never been pervy.

ThePittman
You said you were in your 30's respect to you though you have never been pervy. Then my plan has worked pitt_victory

soin2cal
Originally posted by ThePittman
I'm 15 pitt_shifty

oh, i would say you appear oldersmile

LethalFemme
shouldn't this be in the GDF anyways?

soin2cal
what is that?

Storm
Originally posted by LethalFemme
shouldn't this be in the GDF anyways?
It derailed from page one.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Molly Hayes

Which was a real shame. People trolled it.

LethalFemme

Either way we know it would have ended up like this.shrug

Whats shakin' mami?stick out tongue

soin2cal
I do not understandmessed?

ThePittman
Which was a real shame. People trolled it. What wrong with Troll's?

http://schestowitz.com/Amusement/images/erik-funkenbusch.jpg

Röland
I don't like that troll pic TH. fear

quickshot
Which was a real shame. People trolled it.

including you

LethalFemme
I read this thread and it dumber than the last one. Anyone can talk to anyone of any age it just depends on the subject.erm

soin2cal
Precisely. Maturity levels vary too, for example, people that are older can be just as immature. Or not even maturuer than molly.

Molly Hayes
I read this thread and it dumber than the last one. Anyone can talk to anyone of any age it just depends on the subject.erm

You think? I think some subjects shouldn't be spoken about and i don't really think i've got anything in common with gus 15 years older than me.

Röland
I think it's pointless to make a big deal about this, you can choose not to talk to people older than you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Molly Hayes

soin2cal
My good friend is 24, we always share discussions alike, as she is no different to me really. So actually, sometimes best friends can be totally different ages, if both are mature and get along. I have always found that i am better off with people in their 20's, 30's because they are grown up, unlike a lot of younger ones.

LethalFemme

Molly Hayes
My good friend is 24, we always share discussions alike, as she is no different to me really. So actually, sometimes best friends can be totally different ages, if both are mature and get along. I have always found that i am better off with people in their 20's, 30's because they are grown up, unlike a lot of younger ones.

How old are you soin2? What do you think you have in common with them?

Molly Hayes
Which would be why I said "depends on the subject".

So do you have much in common with them? Do you think?

soin2cal
We are randomly talking about anything.messed
What do older genrally have any different to younger? Not necasarilly anything if you are naturally older at heart. I do not mix with younger as they can only talk about nothing but sex all the time! I find my self past the stage of their level, so i have to mix with oldersmile All makes sense to why i do not hang with younger a lot of the time. Maybe younger than myself, because they can be lovely! People that are 17ish to me are just immature/childish half the time. I do not mean youlaughing out loud

LethalFemme
How old are you soin2? What do you think you have in common with them?

She's gonna be 20.erm

Röland
Exactly like I choose not to talk to you.yes

laughing out loud

Molly Hayes
We are randomly talking about anything.messed
What do older genrally have any different to younger? Not necasarilly anything if you are naturally older at heart. I do not mix with younger as they can only talk about nothing but sex all the time! I find my self past the stage of their level, so i have to mix with oldersmile

From what i've seen if it's around young girls older want to talk about sex as well if they are guys. They also get really smarmy and nice, you know they are checking you out all the time, or I feel they are.

soin2cal
It also depends on if the older person minds hanging with me, but if they are easgoing like i am, there is absolutely no problemsmile We talk about normal life things, that just makes a good friendship, also as i look upto them.My college is full of bitchy girls. Those are what i cannot stand, because i am grown up more than them. Hard to explain but i thought everyone would know what teens are generally like, most of them. Annoyinglaughing out loud The answer to why i cannot bare hanging with them, they are not growing up in my opinion.

LethalFemme
So do you have much in common with them? Do you think?

Who said we have to have much? If we have one thing we can talk about we have something. I don't know what you're thinking but, I don't PM them or anything nor vice versa. So your point is nulled.

SpadeKing
Reposted from elsewhere

Question: Our oldest child is 15 and likes to visit chat rooms. She does this at the local library because our kids cannot log in by themselves at home (our PC is password-protected). It seems she started chatting with a 32-year-old man. About a month later, she received a phone call from him. Our daughter has refused to give us any information on this man. How do I protect her?

Answer: Step one is succeeding at some form of authentic communication with your daughter. If she is withholding information from you about the man on the Internet, she could just as easily withhold information about a face-to-face encounter with someone, or about any of a hundred things. Your challenge here is not the bogeyman on the Internet -- it's the failed communication with your daughter. That's where I'd put my attention, maybe even seeking help outside the family (e.g., family counselor).

I also propose to you that by this age, there is no information about men and the world that your daughter needs to be protected from. Information is now her armor. I'd suggest you and your daughter might benefit from reading How to Get Through to Teenage Girls,'' from my book Protecting the Gift.

Thoughts?

sounds like something that belongs in general discussion if you want a serious answer ermm

Molly Hayes
It also depends on if the older person minds hanging with e, but if they are easgoing like i am, there is absolutely no problemsmile We talk about normal life things, that just makes a good friendship, also as i look upto them.

I don't think we should always look up to older people especially from what i've seen on sites like this. Especially guys. I like you though don't have anything ini common with the 13 year olds on this site.

Röland
From what i've seen if it's around young girls older want to talk about sex as well if they are guys.

Your facts are wrong, every guy want to talk about sex.

Molly Hayes
Originally posted by SpadeKing
sounds like something that belongs in general discussion if you want a serious answer ermm

Yeah I thought the same.

Bloigen

Molly Hayes

Yuna_And_Tidus

LethalFemme

soin2cal
My ex was not so into talking about that a lot, whenever we did, we would talk about it naturally. Unlike most of these younger ones that talk about it in the disgusting way, target you to know about the other things you do in sex, its annoying, immature the way they do it.
But i agree, most guys do, though i would not say all. I do not mind talking about it, but hate how all these younger ones talk about it.

Thorinn
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar81723_34.gif

Molly Hayes
My ex was not so into talking about that a lot, whenever we did, we would talk about it naturally. Unlike most of these younger ones that talk about it in the disgusting way, target you to know about the other things you do in sex, its annoying, immature the way they do it.
But i agree, most guys do, though i would not say all. I do not mind talking about it, but hate how all these younger ones talk about it.

I just find the older guys who hit on younger girls or even flirt with them online creepy.

soin2cal
Yes, totally.smile

Bloigen
Originally posted by Thorinn

Look at it go. herbtouched

soin2cal
whatmessed?
So are you on here permantely mollybig grin? I think i am one of the most peple that have replied on this threadlaughing out loud

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Thorinn

You should upload that and make it a smilie and call it hotness.ermm

Molly Hayes
Yes, totally.smile

That's the only point I was making earlier, and the older guys in the GDF freaked. I kinda get why it was like so untactfull.

soin2cal
what do those initials stand for?

Molly Hayes
whatmessed?
So are you on here permantely mollybig grin? I think i am one of the most peple that have replied on this threadlaughing out loud

I don't know, it seems some people here in this forum are not as weird. I asked Storm if my brother could make an account she said no. He's 21.

soin2cal
why notmessed?
what is GDF?

Molly Hayes
why notmessed?
what is GDF?
As I understand it that's the shorthand for General Discussion Forum.

Capt_Fantastic
Yet these guys want to talk to you that is so weird

You think? I think some subjects shouldn't be spoken about and i don't really think i've got anything in common with gus 15 years older than me.

See, it's things like this that let us know it's you Whirly. Because you are pretty good at creating sock accounts and then innocently posting left handed comments. You're insulting everyone on here older than 17 that actually engages in debates (and get into heated conversations) with a 14 year old. I understand you think you're so far above it all, but then you start thread after thread about the same subject.

We get it. We all get it. You think you're smarter than everyone else here. We also understand that you enjoy getting called out on being a sock. If you didn't make it obvious, then maybe we wouldn't get the insult. Don't you think coming on here and acting your age and being a legitimate member would be a better way of showing off your intelligence?

soin2cal
what do you mean by sock?
I know, something does seem a bit odd here, the conversation with this person has a catch. Cannot explain it, just that something does seem a bit weird in this thread, by how wording is being usedmessed Yet still this has turned out as one really weird thread.

LethalFemme
See, it's things like this that let us know it's you Whirly. Because you are pretty good at creating sock accounts and then innocently posting left handed comments. You're insulting everyone on here older than 17 that actually engages in debates (and get into heated conversations) with a 14 year old. I understand you think you're so far above it all, but then you start thread after thread about the same subject.

We get it. We all get it. You think you're smarter than everyone else here. We also understand that you enjoy getting called out on being a sock. If you didn't make it obvious, then maybe we wouldn't get the insult. Don't you think coming on here and acting your age and being a legitimate member would be a better way of showing off your intelligence?

She didn't insult me cause I'm pretty.curlers

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>