whos faster superman or quicksilver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
i personally think quicksilver but im not sure.

juggernaut74
Quicksilver got some upgrade didn't he? He very well may be faster than Supes.

King_Mungi
No he isn't close to Superman, he has no speed anymore he merely time travels now but his reflexes are still a normal human.

hunbu04
superman speed is just under light even if quicksliver had his speed he is still not even as fast as clark

King_Mungi
Superman has shown to go multiple lightspeed in space actually.

batdude123
At Pietro's fastest, he'd still be a slug compared to Superman.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Superman has shown to go multiple lightspeed in space actually. Really? You have scans or issue #'s? I didn't think he was much over lightspeed.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Quicksilver got some upgrade didn't he? He very well may be faster than Supes.

That's like saying a snail is faster than a cheetahno expression

Scoobless
What I don't get is how Quicksilver was constantly annoyed at how slow everyone around him moved, yet Flash and Superman never seemed to notice.

no expression

King_Mungi
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Really? You have scans or issue #'s? I didn't think he was much over lightspeed.

I have the scan, I will get it in the other thread. He flew to Jupiter's moon after he found out Lex became president

Demonic Phoenix
I have the scan, I will get it in the other thread. He flew to Jupiter's moon after he found out Lex became president

Saturn's actually.

juggernaut74
How do you know he went over LS though? Is there a timeframe or something?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by batdude123
Saturn is 821,190,000 miles away. In 4 minutes, light travels approximately 44,640,000 miles. So 821,190,000 / 44,640,000 = 18.3958333333333 etc. faster than the speed of light.

Although, it can reach close to a billion miles away in which case he'd be flying approximately 22 times light speed.

smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7676905

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Saturn's actually.

Your right I double checked

batdude123
Flying Darkseid to the sun in moments:

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanvsdarkseid5rp4.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanvsdarkseid6lg1.jpg

Going to one of Saturn's moon's in 4 minutes.

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedfeatin8.jpg

juggernaut74
Holy sh!t! That second scan he is hauling @ss. The first one is kinda iffy cause there is no timeframe or actual speed given but it's still nice.

rotiart
Originally posted by xmeat

Quicksilver can travel through time...

Essentially... if a test of speed is distance travelled... over time...

And they both travelled for "1 second... superman travelling even at the speed of light 186000 miles per second...

The earth is 3958 radius...
To figure its circumference we take 2 x pi x r
2 x 3.14 ... x 3958 = 34856.24

if Quicksilver could run 10 miles an hour.. and hold that for 10 hours a day... ( its a comic book.. so we'll say he can do more than twice our speed at more than twice the average endurance)
He'd run only 100 miles in a day..... in a year thats 36500 miles...
to make up 186000 miles he'd have to run for 5 years nonstop...

if it was a matter of velocity... of distance over time... quicksilver would win...

but if anyone said... likes run for an hour and see who'd go the farthest? quicksilver owuld die from old age just trying to keep up.

it takes quicksilver about 5 years to do what superman does in 1 second. :P

Fast... is a measure of velocity... distance travelled over time...
which means quicksilver wins.

xmeat
they both raced flash so dont be so sure although flash was just toying with both of them.

Darth Macabre

.....You're joking, right? What the f**k?

xmeat
no im not like supes quick also raced flash.

playa1258
superman. no question

SpunkySmurph
Aunt May

ThePittman
340.29 m/s (speed of sound) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 299,792,458 m/s (speed of light)

pitt_shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
.....You're joking, right? What the f**k? No, sadly, I don't think he is. It's what happens when the mentally handicapped have access to the internet.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
Flying Darkseid to the sun in moments:

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanvsdarkseid5rp4.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanvsdarkseid6lg1.jpg

Going to one of Saturn's moon's in 4 minutes.

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedfeatin8.jpg

IN that fight with DS, it looks as if DS was hit with his own power, Thus defeating himself. It also looks as if He got his bearings from his own attack after Superman took advantage of the fact that DS has hurt himself. When DS says Enough, It looks like he was just recovering from his own attack. HMM. I must study this battle with more scruitiny. Thanks for posting that.

The Pict
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
No, sadly, I don't think he is. It's what happens when the mentally handicapped have access to the internet.

That's harsh sad

Maybe he's just young, like no more than 9 years of age.

Magee
Maybe he's just retarded.

StarsNeverFall7
Quicksilver is roughly around the speed of sound, Superman easily surpasses that. Lets not even get into the Flash vs. Quicksilver debate, that fight was a joke.

The Pict
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Quicksilver is roughly around the speed of sound, Superman easily surpasses that. Lets not even get into the Flash vs. Quicksilver debate, that fight was a joke.

I think the debate is about Quicksilver after his upgrade though.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Scoobless
What I don't get is how Quicksilver was constantly annoyed at how slow everyone around him moved, yet Flash and Superman never seemed to notice.

no expression

I think that's more of an impatience thing than speed stick out tongue

Kurash
Originally posted by rotiart

And they both travelled for "1 second... superman travelling even at the speed of light 186000 miles per second...

if Quicksilver could run 10 miles an hour.. and hold that for 10 hours a day... ( its a comic book.. so we'll say he can do more than twice our speed at more than twice the average endurance)

if it was a matter of velocity... of distance over time... quicksilver would win...

but if anyone said... likes run for an hour and see who'd go the farthest? quicksilver owuld die from old age just trying to keep up.

superman

King_Mungi
Originally posted by The Pict
I think the debate is about Quicksilver after his upgrade though.

I'm almost positive he was talking about classic QS.

playa1258
Superman would be him running backwards

Redatom65
anyone who votes for Quicksilver is a down right Superman hater

Jyppe
Originally posted by Redatom65
anyone who votes for Quicksilver is a down right Superman hater

Or just dumb as hell.

The Fake Macoy
Before he lost his powers, QS was far faster than the speed of sound. However, he's still nothing compared to Superman.

carver9
IM sorry to say this but its a lot of people on this site that dont know what they are talking about Im reading a interview in the wizard book and writer jeph loebs and writer (just give his last name) john states that superman speed is only at 2000 mps. Thats nowhere near the speed of light. Also in a race that I seen with him and the flash, the writer simply states that superman move above the speed of sound at 2000 mps. When you see superman moving at speeds that is coming close to the speed of light or at the speed of light, he is either getting help from somewhere or the writer is messing up something. I remember when superman and the jla got capture by some dude that took control of the jla and had them building some kind of citedal, it was when the jla teamed with rann and he needed the jla to help get his wife from a alien being. Rann created something that shot a light beam at a ship that his wife was in and the beam moved at the speed of light. Superman specifically said that his speed dont come close to rival that of the light beam to save ranns wife so flashed lend superman his speed and superman caught up with the beam and saved his wife. The wizard book that i got the interview from was wizard 174.

Kurash
Originally posted by carver9
IM sorry to say this but its a lot of people on this site that dont know what they are talking about Im reading a interview in the wizard book and writer jeph loebs and writer (just give his last name) john states that superman speed is only at 2000 mps. Thats nowhere near the speed of light. Also in a race that I seen with him and the flash, the writer simply states that superman move above the speed of sound at 2000 mps. When you see superman moving at speeds that is coming close to the speed of light or at the speed of light, he is either getting help from somewhere or the writer is messing up something. I remember when superman and the jla got capture by some dude that took control of the jla and had them building some kind of citedal, it was when the jla teamed with rann and he needed the jla to help get his wife from a alien being. Rann created something that shot a light beam at a ship that his wife was in and the beam moved at the speed of light. Superman specifically said that his speed dont come close to rival that of the light beam to save ranns wife so flashed lend superman his speed and superman caught up with the beam and saved his wife. The wizard book that i got the interview from was wizard 174.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

xmeat
quicksilver raced flash nuff said.

Redatom65
uhh flash lent superman his speed huh

And Superman raced the Flash too. SO nuff isn't said. >:O

Kurash
quicksilver raced flash nuff said.

what does that mean? Puttin aside the fact that Superman has tied the Flash like 3 times, a 2 year old kid could "race" the flash. . . they would just lose.

Redatom65
speakin' of which find me a 2 year old kid! We gotta test this one out!

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by rotiart

/thread

Thanos_THOTU
Ultimate Quicksilver when he still was a kid could run in 10 Mach (10 times speed of sound).
But I think Supes takes this.

Runner anyone -.-"

Galvaclaw
During there race it was stated that they were both running at 2000 miles per second. They continued to accelerate. Later in the fight Superman fired his heat vision at Flash, but it was not fast enough to reach him as he was travelling faster than the speed of light. This is a speed feat for Superman as well as he is keeping pace with Flash at that speed.

I'd argue that Mark Waid was in error durring that story. The Zeta beam by it's very nature as a medium to allow faster than light travel must travel faster than the speed of light. A Zeta beam can travel across the galaxy in moments. If it only travelled at light speed it would take centuries to get to Rann.

ThePittman
OK, if they are traveling at 2000 miles per second then they are traveling at about 3,200,000 m/s and the speed of sound is 340 m/s and if you times that by 10 (as someone said) is 3,400 m/s. See a big difference.

Validus
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression
Flash (Wally) once spent what seemed to him a few weeks watching an opera. Needless to say he was pretty annoyed.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Flash (Wally) once spent what seemed to him a few weeks watching an opera. Needless to say he was pretty annoyed. And lets not even touch on how bored and annoyed Bart gets.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Juntai
And lets not even touch on how bored and annoyed Bart gets.

Which might be the biggest problem with speed related powers. The flow of time is so skewed and divergent that it must be hell being like Flash (or even Quicksilver). Everything seems to move slower than molasses, and after a while one's powers must start to seem more like a curse than a blessing.

Badabing
Why wouldn't their perception of time and such be in proportion to their speed?

carver9
Im sitting here looking at the wizard book right now and its specifically says that superman max speed is 2000 mps and it got earth 2 superman in here and it says that he runs 1740mps. Do I believe fans of superman or do I believe writers. I have witness this many of times that superman can only go around that speed. Im sitting here looking at it right now and it specifically states by jeph Loebs that superman top speed is at 2000 mps. You all just made that stupid assumption up that superman can go as fast as light. The speed feats that superman do, going at 2000 mps he would still be able to accomplish the things that he do.

Im going with the writers instead of the fans and if im reading that superman top speed is 2000 mps, then thats what it is.

ThePittman
Im sitting here looking at the wizard book right now and its specifically says that superman max speed is 2000 mps and it got earth 2 superman in here and it says that he runs 1740mps. Do I believe fans of superman or do I believe writers. I have witness this many of times that superman can only go around that speed. Im sitting here looking at it right now and it specifically states by jeph Loebs that superman top speed is at 2000 mps. You all just made that stupid assumption up that superman can go as fast as light. The speed feats that superman do, going at 2000 mps he would still be able to accomplish the things that he do.

Im going with the writers instead of the fans and if im reading that superman top speed is 2000 mps, then thats what it is. Did you read this post?

Originally posted by ThePittman
OK, if they are traveling at 2000 miles per second then they are traveling at about 3,200,000 m/s and the speed of sound is 340 m/s and if you times that by 10 (as someone said) is 3,400 m/s. See a big difference. This puts QS to shame, also if you look at what it takes him to go from planet to planet in the time frame is much faster. So basically they say it wrong or draw it wrong.

carver9
Did you read this post?

This puts QS to shame, also if you look at what it takes him to go from planet to planet in the time frame is much faster. So basically they say it wrong or draw it wrong.

Well since the writers are lying and the fans are correct, since I like wolverine, his strength is 10 tons. Since I hate galactus - wolverine vs galactus, wolverine would win because Im a fan and Im right and the writers dont know what they are talking about.
band

outavodka
So QS actually jumping futher in time is defeated by Supes going really fast?thumbdown

xmeat

Im going with the writers instead of the fans and if im reading that superman top speed is 2000 mps, then thats what it is. you said it

carver9
you said it

glare

I said what

DevilGoblin
Quicksilver by far

(we are not talking about flight speed, right ?)

MattDay
if u meen who's faster on foot... i'm not too sure, superman kicks quiksilvers ass if he's flying, i would even say his fighting speed is faster as well, problem is can his foot speed match or beat quiksilvers... not too sure?

ThePittman
Well since the writers are lying and the fans are correct, since I like wolverine, his strength is 10 tons. Since I hate galactus - wolverine vs galactus, wolverine would win because Im a fan and Im right and the writers dont know what they are talking about.
band Way to miss read a post thumb up All I said is that if his max speed is 2000 mps and they draw and right the dialogue of him flying to a planet that is millions of miles away in a few seconds (which they do regularly) then they ARE wrong and not following the specs of the character.

juggernaut66666
1.Jeph Loeb? laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
2.Wizard? laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Originally posted by DevilGoblin
Quicksilver by far

(we are not talking about flight speed, right ?)
I'm wondering why you said that maybe because Hulk was able to hit Quicksilver while he was running so he must be faster then Superman so you could use this "feat" in the Superman Vs Hulk thread by saying
Hulk can match Kal-El's speed but this is just my speculation.

MattDay
Way to miss read a post thumb up All I said is that if his max speed is 2000 mps and they draw and right the dialogue of him flying to a planet that is millions of miles away in a few seconds (which they do regularly) then they ARE wrong and not following the specs of the character.

your referring to flightspeed, not his on foot speed, which he dont need to use if he can go near lightspeed off the ground

Kurash
band

no actually, since that little example right there shows no relevance at all to this discussion

Galvaclaw
The comic in question doesn't say that 2000 miles per second is his maximum speed. It's just the speed he's running at the time. He clearly accelerated as the race went on. Otherwsie Flash who was running at FTL speeds at the end of the race would of left him behind.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IN that fight with DS, it looks as if DS was hit with his own power, Thus defeating himself. It also looks as if He got his bearings from his own attack after Superman took advantage of the fact that DS has hurt himself. When DS says Enough, It looks like he was just recovering from his own attack. HMM. I must study this battle with more scruitiny. Thanks for posting that.

GET OVER THE LOSS!!!!

It was PIS.... everybody knows it. Just leave it alone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I mearly posted those scans to show Superman's speed. Nothing more.

carver9
Superman cant and will not reach light speed ever again unless its an error in the comics. Superman is fast but the word light have left him a long time ago. It has been stated maaaaany of times that superman can go only up to 2000 mps breaking the sound barriers. Just like when superman was flying to get louis off of a ship that had some high jackers on it. It said that in the book that superman flies at 2000 mps breaking the sound barrier. It also stated in the wizard book that superman earth 2 moves at 1740 mps. Stop amping superman up like you all are because hes not that fast anymore, not even close to light speed.

Even though I hate quicksilver, I do think that he can move faster than Superman, by far.

Badabing
Superman cant and will not reach light speed ever again unless its an error in the comics. Superman is fast but the word light have left him a long time ago. It has been stated maaaaany of times that superman can go only up to 2000 mps breaking the sound barriers. Just like when superman was flying to get louis off of a ship that had some high jackers on it. It said that in the book that superman flies at 2000 mps breaking the sound barrier. It also stated in the wizard book that superman earth 2 moves at 1740 mps. Stop amping superman up like you all are because hes not that fast anymore, not even close to light speed.

Even though I hate quicksilver, I do think that he can move faster than Superman, by far.
So, in essence we should discount every on panel speed feat from Superman on your word?eek2 wacko eer blink What the f**k? shocking

Kurash
i think thats what hes saying, according to carver9 every Superman coomic ever written until this moment is considered obsolete

King_Mungi
Just like when superman was flying to get louis off of a ship that had some high jackers on it. It said that in the book that superman flies at 2000 mps breaking the sound barrier.

annnnnd your wrong. I have Superman #217 and he flew all across the world and caught a bullet even after it was fired. No where did it state his actual speed

Also to break the sound barrier is 760 mph (Mach 1) champ, and we see Superman going vastly faster than mach 10 regularly.

Kurash

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

bigbran
Wait, this is actually a thread?

Symmetric Chaos

Also to break the sound barrier is 760 mph (Mach 1) champ, and we see Superman going vastly faster than mach 10 regularly.

All PIS

Every example of Supes doing anything is PIS

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
All PIS

Every example of Supes doing anything is PIS

Your right, it's PIS he is even married sad

Badabing
Is his cape now PIS?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Is his cape now PIS?

Not exactly

But the fact that the fasion police haven't arrested him for it is.

xmeat
flying supes may be faster but running speed pietro is faster.

Draco69

http://lelombrik.free.fr/LoMBriK/STFU%20n00b%202.jpeg

juggernaut66666
laughing laughing laughing laughing

srankmissingnin

sad

Symmetric Chaos
*sigh*

xmeat
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
i agree xmeat

thanks juggy

jasofisc
didn't quick silver get a major upgrade recently? If so i might be inclined to go for Quicksilver but if not supes is way way way faster then quicksilver. Now ultimate quicksilver can go light speed or close to it and would be about as fast as supes.

xmeat
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
yes

thanks

Draco69
Originally posted by jasofisc
didn't quick silver get a major upgrade recently? If so i might be inclined to go for Quicksilver but if not supes is way way way faster then quicksilver. Now ultimate quicksilver can go light speed or close to it and would be about as fast as supes.

Ultimate Quicksilver hasn't shown to go at lightspeed. Even against the Hurricane.

ANY speedster worth his salt can disengrate a foe if he was bloodlusted.

And Quicksilver has the useless ability to time-travel for a moment and re-power de-powered mutants making HoM absolutely redudant...

juggernaut66666
ZOMG I'm so stupid that everyone laughs at me all the time.
srug

xmeat
Originally posted by Draco69
Ultimate Quicksilver is faster except it.

wow draco where did that come from.

Draco69
wow draco where did that come from.

Xmeat's Family Tree:

His Mother -

http://badgas.co.uk/moments/moment_113.jpg

His Father -

http://www.dierinbeeld.nl/animal_files/mammals/hamadryas_baboon/baboon_male.jpg

Explains alot doesn't it...

no expression

Superherovandal
you just edited his quote is all. Draco never said Ultimate Quickie is faster than Supes cause he isn't. He has never even reached lightspeed yet.

jasofisc
Ultimate Quicksilver hasn't shown to go at lightspeed. Even against the Hurricane.

ANY speedster worth his salt can disengrate a foe if he was bloodlusted.

And Quicksilver has the useless ability to time-travel for a moment and re-power de-powered mutants making HoM absolutely redudant...

most speedsters go lightspeed

they were going so fast they looked like they were turning to light.

how fast does someone need to go to disengrate another speedster

Badabing
Xmeat's Family Tree:

His Mother -

http://badgas.co.uk/moments/moment_113.jpg

His Father -

http://www.dierinbeeld.nl/animal_files/mammals/hamadryas_baboon/baboon_male.jpg

no expression
Damn! jawdrop That's harsh.

xmeat
Xmeat's Family Tree:

His Mother -

no expression

leave family out of this you son of a *****

anyway quicksilver speed greater already proven in crossovers.

juggernaut66666
leave family out of this you son of a *****

anyway I'm a retard already proven .

Draco69
most speedsters go lightspeed

they were going so fast they looked like they were turning to light.

how fast does someone need to go to disengrate another speedster

No. They don't...

I could name a dozen speedsters who don't go at lightspeed...

erm

Quicksilver was going so fast that everything was turning into a blur. This phenomeneon is commonly seen by airforce pilots when they use Blackbirds.

How fast? A little above the speed of sound....

no expression

The human body isn't that durable.

xmeat
No. They don't...

erm

Quicksilver was going so fast that everything was turning into a blur. This phenomeneon is commonly seen by airforce pilots when they use Blackbirds.

no expression

The human body isn't that durable. how do know how fast his speed was going it didn't even state it.

Draco69
how do know how fast his speed was going it didn't even state it.

And you're assuming he went at lightspeed even though it wasn't stated so?

no expression

He hasn't shown anything conclusive as to say he was moving at lightspeed.

The feat could have easily been replicated by Jay Garrick, Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder-Girl, etc.

jasofisc
No. They don't...

erm

no expression

The human body isn't that durable.

if I remember the scan correctly (I don't know if I do) wasn't there light all around

this wasn't just any human it was a speedster who is used to going mach speeds.

ok name some true speedsters that are unable to go light speed. (that are in marvel and dc)

nice real world example how ever this is comics where not only does a speedster not experince such things normally when just going mach speeds but they can also talk at light speed.

jasofisc
And you're assuming he went at lightspeed even though it wasn't stated so?

no expression

He hasn't shown anything conclusive as to say he was moving at lightspeed.

The feat could have easily been replicated by Jay Garrick, Captain Marvel, Superman, Wonder-Girl, etc.

all go close to light speed

Draco69
if I remember the scan correctly (I don't know if I do) wasn't there light all around

Which is seen by pilots when they go at high-speed.

Or it's just an artist thing.

Either way it doesn't prove he was going at lightspeed.

this wasn't just any human it was a speedster who is used to going mach speeds.

And he simply pushed her beyond her limits. Maybe her limit was Mach 20. And he ran her at Mach 21.

It never stated nor implied he was going at lightspeed.

ok name some true speedsters that are unable to go light speed. (that are in marvel and dc)

Are f'ing serious?

Quicksilver (Classic)
The Whizzer
Speed Demon
Wonder-Girl
Captain Marvel Jr.
Inertia
Red Bee
The Blur
Hermes
Mercury

The Flashes are the ONLY speedster who's only power is superspeed who can go at lightspeed or beyond.

nice real world example how ever this is comics where not only does a speedster not experince such things normally when just going mach speeds but they can also talk at light speed.

They talk at hyper-sonic frequencies. Which is theortically scientificially sound...

Draco69
all go close to light speed

You're missing my point, dunce.

There's NOTHING to indicate Ult. Quicksilver was going at lightspeed. He could have been going at Mach 30. Or Mach 50. Or Mach 100.

You're making baseless claims....

don't shiv
Superman's speed allows him to pull away from the sun's Gravity.

jasofisc
You're missing my point, dunce.

There's NOTHING to indicate Ult. Quicksilver was going at lightspeed. He could have been going at Mach 30. Or Mach 50. Or Mach 100.

You're making baseless claims....

ok well you shouldn't use examples of people who go close to lightspeed to make your case

no need for names

jasofisc
Which is seen by pilots when they go at high-speed.

Or it's just an artist thing.

Either way it doesn't prove he was going at lightspeed.

And he simply pushed her beyond her limits. Maybe her limit was Mach 20. And he ran her at Mach 21.

It never stated nor implied he was going at lightspeed.

Are f'ing serious?

Quicksilver (Classic)
The Whizzer
Speed Demon
Wonder-Girl
Captain Marvel Jr.
Inertia
Red Bee
The Blur
Hermes
Mercury

The Flashes are the ONLY speedster who's only power is superspeed who can go at lightspeed or beyond.

They talk at hyper-sonic frequencies. Which is theortically scientificially sound...

Just because pilots see it that way or if it's an artist thing doesn't mean he's not going light speed. I agree with you that there is nothing in there to indicate quick is going light speed or what speed he is going. It just looked to me that they were going so fast they were about to turn into light (or appear that way)

So you too have no idea what her limit is other then quick silver must have been going fast to reach it.

what about zoom can't he go light speed

all the rest you mentioned are very argumentative if they can go close to light speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.