The official gaming and Hobby thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Pielover~
This is the thread where we can discuss games (Warhammer, D&D, etc.) and hobbies. (Trading Card games, model building, etc.)

Basically, I made this thread because there isn't really anywhere to put it, but there's a decent-good amount of people for it to bar a least a general discussion thread.

So for me: I'm a fan of D&D. I played it during camp for a few weeks, and it was pretty cool. Something to do if your bored during a power outage, or if you're chilling with nerds.

I do some TCGs. MY school used to be really into Yu-Gi-Oh, so I picked up some cards and joined up. Just like every Y-Generation child, I have stacks of Pokemon cards. I've looked into Magic, but I never bought anything.

I've done a few models, but I really don't have the time or the incentive to do any of those insane type of "Aircraft Carrier ships" that take nine months to finish. I wouldn't mind picking it up though....

Anyway, that's all for now, I guess. Pick up the chat on whatever topic you like.

Regards,
Pielover

~Da Rev~
i believe there is a official gaming and hobby forum. Go there.

§P0oONY
Pie Lover you square... At least wait for the decision on the forum.

soin2cal
yep there is

~Pielover~

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by ~Pielover~
This is the thread where we can discuss games (Warhammer, D&D, etc.) and hobbies. (Trading Card games, model building, etc.)

Basically, I made this thread because there isn't really anywhere to put it, but there's a decent-good amount of people for it to bar a least a general discussion thread.

So for me: I'm a fan of D&D. I played it during camp for a few weeks, and it was pretty cool. Something to do if your bored during a power outage, or if you're chilling with nerds.

I do some TCGs. MY school used to be really into Yu-Gi-Oh, so I picked up some cards and joined up. Just like every Y-Generation child, I have stacks of Pokemon cards. I've looked into Magic, but I never bought anything.

I've done a few models, but I really don't have the time or the incentive to do any of those insane type of "Aircraft Carrier ships" that take nine months to finish. I wouldn't mind picking it up though....

Anyway, that's all for now, I guess. Pick up the chat on whatever topic you like.

Regards,
Pielover
does drinking count as a hobby?no expression

Marxman
Should probably be in the GDF instead of the OTF.

But still good job. If we can get a little bit of a discussion going here there might be more incentive for the forum.

Blanka
can we talk about yu-gi-oh cards here?

Eclipso
Originally posted by Blanka
can we talk about yu-gi-oh cards here?

Yes but it will cost you a trip to the shadow realm...

Blanka
Originally posted by Eclipso
Yes but it will cost you a trip to the shadow realm... wanna duel me?cool

Eclipso
wanna duel me?cool

I admit I used to play, Now I have the decks I made from the show.

Blanka
I admit I used to play, Now I have the decks I made from the show. i used to be the best in the world but its boring now since they are making powerful cards

~Pielover~
i used to be the best in the world but its boring now since they are making powerful cards What's the point of NOT making powerful cards?

Eclipso
I just like playing the decks from the show. Who's your 3 fave characters?

~Pielover~
Dark Magician, Red-eyes, and Jinzo.

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by Dr. Badass420
does drinking count as a hobby?no expression

~Pielover~
No. You're not funny. Get out.

Marxman
I just like playing the decks from the show. Who's your 3 fave characters? Celtic Guardianyes

Blanka
What's the point of NOT making powerful cards? using statagey, nowadays the cards are way to strong, like this one cards that make you win the game automaticlyOriginally posted by Eclipso
I just like playing the decks from the show. Who's your 3 fave characters? Black skull, Red eyes metal dragon,Exodia

Blanka
Originally posted by Marxman
Celtic Guardianyes laughing out loud he looks like link

Eclipso
Original Show: Bakura, Marik, Dartz

Cards: Red Eyes, Winged Dragon of Ra, Guardian Deathscythe

GX: Aster, Chaz, Zane

Cards: Raviel, Cyber-End Dragon, E-hero Neos

~Pielover~
using statagey, nowadays the cards are way to strong, like this one cards that make you win the game automaticly Black skull, Red eyes metal dragon,Exodia Meh, that's too gay. There comes a point where that crap gets annoying.

Though Exodia makes you automatically win the game......

and it's five cards.....

~Pielover~

Cards: Raviel, Cyber-End Dragon, E-hero Neos GX blows.

§P0oONY
I stopped playing with cards after Pokemon got unpopular and I got bored of Magic. Yu Gi Oh is for losers.

Dr. Badass420
No. You're not funny. Get out.
well I dont know what else to talk about here, cuz I had pokemon cards, when i was a little kid, but those were the only TCG that I did confused

~Pielover~
well I dont know what else to talk about here, cuz I had pokemon cards, when i was a little kid, but those were the only TCG that I did confused This isn't only Trading Card games, guy.

Blanka
Meh, that's too gay. There comes a point where that crap gets annoying.

Though Exodia makes you automatically win the game......

and it's five cards..... they this one cards now that if there is 5 monsters in the graveyard then you automatically winOriginally posted by Eclipso

Cards: Raviel, Cyber-End Dragon, E-hero Neos Gx sucks

Eclipso
D&D is cool too, Drows rule!

Dr. Badass420
This isn't only Trading Card games, guy.
thats why I asked if drinking counts no expression

~Pielover~
D&D is cool too, Drows rule! I'm more of a paladin....

Eclipso
There are Drow Paladins...... #msn-wink#

~Pielover~
There are Drow Paladins...... #msn-wink# Very true...

§P0oONY
YU GI OH IS REALLY GAY!

D&D is alright..
hmm

~Pielover~

Eclipso
Spooner, whats your fave game?

Dr. Badass420
the classic "whos in my mouth" eek!

§P0oONY

I'm not really the game type... I used to play Magic: The Gathering though... That was fun back in the day.

Eclipso
Magic was fun before rules laywers discovered the stack and manipulated it all to hell.

§P0oONY
Magic was fun before rules laywers discovered the stack and manipulated it all to hell.
Must have happened after I stopped playing.

Dr. Badass420
wait what's Warhammer?

Lana
I'm more of a paladin....

Thief/Rogue w00t

First learned to play DnD when I was 12 years old stick out tongue

Eclipso
Drow/Rouge/Ninja!!!!

Dr. Badass420
wait what's Warhammer?

dave_kodak
wait what's Warhammer?
Warhammer. is great, i play it.
its little models that you build and paint, then use to battle to the death!

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Lana
Thief/Rogue w00t

First learned to play DnD when I was 12 years old stick out tongue A couple years ago...I was 12 at the time too....hmm.....

Dr. Badass420
Originally posted by dave_kodak
Warhammer. is great, i play it.
its little models that you build and paint, then use to battle to the death!
oh ermm

oh now that I thought of it, I did play d&d, on a video game though. embarrasment

Lana
A couple years ago...I was 12 at the time too....hmm.....

Well, for me it was nearly 9 years ago stick out tongue

My parents used to play DnD from when they were in high school right up until a few months before I was born, and it was my dad who taught me to play. Which thus set me off on my RP obsession.

I think geekiness is hereditary laughing out loud

~Pielover~
Well, for me it was nearly 9 years ago stick out tongue

My parents used to play DnD from when they were in high school right up until a few months before I was born, and it was my dad who taught me to play. Which thus set me off on my RP obsession.

I think geekiness is hereditary laughing out loud No, becaus nobody in my family has been interested in anything remotely geeky except me.

Well, my mom got into Sudoku, but that's just numbers....any idiot can do that.

Eclipso
Lana, fave race?

~Pielover~
I like halfling.....daggers are fun.

Lana
No, becaus nobody in my family has been interested in anything remotely geeky except me.

Well, my mom got into Sudoku, but that's just numbers....any idiot can do that.

Well, with my family...my parents both loved Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, I've been playing video games since before I was three (they got an NES for Christmas), my mom's a huge Harry Potter fan...big grin

Lana, fave race?

Elf or Half-Elf, usually, though I've also played Human and Halfling. My first ever character was a Halfling Thief.

I've noticed that almost all of my RP characters tend to be light, fast fighters, very sneaky, or both.

Can't say I really play DnD though anymore. System is too flawed and too easily abused.

Though the last game of DnD/D20 I played was beyond ****ing hilarious laughing out loud

AOR

Regards,
Pielover

Wrong place wallbash. Now, my only refuge from the realities of this world will be destroyed by the ADD fools of the OTF weep

Lana
Originally posted by AOR
Wrong place wallbash. Now, my only refuge from the realities of this world will be destroyed by the ADD fools of the OTF weep

There's no forum for this sort of thing, so that would make the OTF the proper place for it.

Marxman
I've always liked the half-elves. I connect with them since I'm half-white, half-Puerto Rican. And I always liked the druid. I just thought it was cool to turn into animals.

Eclipso
I like the Drow, a dark and ancient culture. And I love Rouges and Sorcs and they are great for Drow.

Dr. Badass420
wait is this D&D thing, played with cards?

staraddict93
DnD?! what has this world come to?!

~Pielover~
Well, with my family...my parents both loved Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, I've been playing video games since before I was three (they got an NES for Christmas), my mom's a huge Harry Potter fan...big grin
I got a sega for Christmas when I was three.....I see mass similarities....

The system is pretty flawed, which is why I susually don't use the dice. Just have a non-partial Dungeonmaster control everything, and such.

But daggers are still fun. I had this one Dagger, where I could stab a guy, chant a phrase, and activate a magical effect that caused it to disentegrate into their bloodstream. I would lose the dagger until I repeated the phrase, which would also kill the guy.

I forget what it was called though.

~Pielover~
wait is this D&D thing, played with cards? Dungeons and Dragons. This isn't just for TCG's, and I told you about 3 times before. D&D is mentioned specifically in the first post of the thread.erm

Lana
wait is this D&D thing, played with cards?

No.

I got a sega for Christmas when I was three.....I see mass similarities....

The system is pretty flawed, which is why I susually don't use the dice. Just have a non-partial Dungeonmaster control everything, and such.

But daggers are still fun. I had this one Dagger, where I could stab a guy, chant a phrase, and activate a magical effect that caused it to disentegrate into their bloodstream. I would lose the dagger until I repeated the phrase, which would also kill the guy.

I forget what it was called though.

I like tabletop RPs with dice and all that stick out tongue

And I always would use a bow, and have a dagger as a backup weapon. I like to shoot things happy

~Pielover~
No.

I like tabletop RPs with dice and all that stick out tongue

And I always would use a bow, and have a dagger as a backup weapon. I like to shoot things happy I had a barbarian that tagged along with me who (somehow) used a bow...I have no clue how that happened.....

Though bows were my secondary weapon.

Dr. Badass420
Dungeons and Dragons. This isn't just for TCG's, and I told you about 3 times before. D&D is mentioned specifically in the first post of the thread.erm
i dont get it, how is this played, cuz i played it on a video game once no expression

~Pielover~
i dont get it, how is this played, cuz i played it on a video game once no expression D&D wouldn't make a good video game. Too much can happen for a video game to capture.

Lana
I had a barbarian that tagged along with me who (somehow) used a bow...I have no clue how that happened.....

Though bows were my secondary weapon.

Last game I played we had a wizard shoot an orc pointblank with a crossbow.

And I got killed in the very first turn of the game due to a lucky crit.

And later, I stood on top of a bunch of rocks and sniped things from a distance laughing out loud

Yeah, it was interesting.

i dont get it, how is this played, cuz i played it on a video game once no expression

Try googling it as I personally don't feel like explaining and I find it hard to believe that someone doesn't at least have SOME knowledge of DnD/pen and paper RPing/gaming.

~Pielover~

And later, I stood on top of a bunch of rocks and sniped things from a distance laughing out loud

Try googling it as I personally don't feel like explaining and I find it hard to believe that someone doesn't at least have SOME knowledge of DnD/pen and paper RPing/gaming. Now that I think about it more, I had endless daggers, so I threw those pretty often.

Dr. Badass420
D&D wouldn't make a good video game. Too much can happen for a video game to capture.
the game was Neverwinter Nights, it was alright for an RPG

Try googling it as I personally don't feel like explaining and I find it hard to believe that someone doesn't at least have SOME knowledge of DnD/pen and paper RPing/gaming.
I will do that

AOR
There's no forum for this sort of thing, so that would make the OTF the proper place for it.

The GDF would have been better...

~Pielover~
Originally posted by AOR
The GDF would have been better... Well, OTF works well enough.

Eclipso
I love the new map packs and tile packs D&D has been putting out, the computer artwork on them is amazing.

AOR
Well, OTF works well enough.

I hope so...

Mišt
This would be much easier if there was a dedicated forum.... glare

Does anyone collect space marines? ermm Cause I want to know about the different chapters and I reeeeeally dont feel like reading all the codex books ermm

DarkC

Mišt
I hate Ultramarines, everyone uses them glare

DarkC

Mišt
Nah, I've already got Chaos for Fantasy, dont want to have another Chaos army, Ill get bored.

Hey you know the novels, are they just fiction or considered canon for lore?

DarkC

Mišt
Are Librarians available for all chapters? Those Terminator Champions look maddroolio

DarkC

Coldfire
My uh "hardcore" gaming consists of Mariokart... ninja

DarkC
Originally posted by Coldfire
My uh "hardcore" gaming consists of Mariokart... ninja
mhm

Coldfire
Originally posted by DarkC
mhm
haha trust me, I think you would wet your pants laughing or smack me if you watched me play those games like splinter cell lmao

Eclipso
I hear there's a new expansion for WoW? Anyone have info on this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.