Used Car Salesmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Naz
So I've had my eye on this pretty yellow Monte Carlo in a used car lot, but they're asking about $8,000 more for it than waht Kelly Blue Book says that car in excellent condition should be worth. Does anyone know good ways to haggle with used car salesmen? Tips to offer me please?

§P0oONY
Start by asking for a lower price... hmm

Naz

Marxman
Originally posted by Naz
So I've had my eye on this pretty yellow Monte Carlo in a used car lot, but they're asking about $8,000 more for it than waht Kelly Blue Book says that car in excellent condition should be worth. Does anyone know good ways to haggle with used car salesmen? Tips to offer me please?
Ask for lower that the blue book price then work your way up. You're gonna probably have to pay more than the blue book price simply because this is a capitalist society and he's gonna try to get the most he can.

Black Dalek
1) Ask for a test drive

2) Make the used car salesman drive with you

3) Drive CRAZILY

4) GO Max Speed

5) Drive random places in max speed and circle everywhere crazily.

6) Say something like 'WHATS THE PRICE NOW *****!?'

Dusty
Originally posted by Naz

EASY. Show him the price listed in the blue book.

If he sees that you're interested, he'll change his price really fast.

I know these people.

Barker
Originally posted by Black Dalek
1) Ask for a test drive

2) Make the used car salesman drive with you

3) Drive CRAZILY

4) GO Max Speed

5) Drive random places in max speed and circle everywhere crazily.

6) Say something like 'WHATS THE PRICE NOW *****!?'
BJ?

Mišt
Get a guy friend to go and have a look (preferrably one who knows a fair bit about cars) cause he'll be able to haggle with the salesman a lot better than what a female could (not being sexist, but thats how it is...).

Barker
Maybe if the Car guy is a little... gay..?

...?

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Naz
So I've had my eye on this pretty yellow Monte Carlo in a used car lot, but they're asking about $8,000 more for it than waht Kelly Blue Book says that car in excellent condition should be worth. Does anyone know good ways to haggle with used car salesmen? Tips to offer me please? Start by saying 'I used to sell cars, and I know the bullshit, give me the straight deal, or you won't be getting commission from me."

That usually scares them.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Dusty
EASY. Show him the price listed in the blue book.

If he sees that you're interested, he'll change his price really fast.

I know these people.

*nods*

Mr. Bacon
decline his offer and hint you think you can get a better one somewhere else

Strangelove
Kevin's or Dusty's seems like the best bet yes

I know, I'm worthless no expression

Storm
Good hagglers are always upbeat, polite and patient.
Haggling quietly and out of earshot of other customers will allow the person in charge to be more flexible when agreeing to bargain.
Arm yourself with advertisements, printed Internet pages or notes on pricing and policies. They offer a visible comparison to show a salesperson.
Ask if it is going to be marked down. Many times a sales associate will offer to hold the item until the markdown day arrives, or just honor the markdown price if it is going to be changed within a day or two.
Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Storm
Good hagglers are always upbeat, polite and patient.
Haggling quietly and out of earshot of other customers will allow the person in charge to be more flexible when agreeing to bargain.
Arm yourself with advertisements, printed Internet pages or notes on pricing and policies. They offer a visible comparison to show a salesperson.
Ask if it is going to be marked down. Many times a sales associate will offer to hold the item until the markdown day arrives, or just honor the markdown price if it is going to be changed within a day or two.
Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

such a copy paste job.roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Bloigen
Bring a shotgun and fire in the air a couple of times, also, give him a Bj. 13

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by Bloigen
Bring a shotgun and fire in the air a couple of times, also, give bloigen a Bj. 13

embarrasment

Bloigen
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
embarrasment

Cha? Are you mental?

LifeInSepia
mantal? cha? ?? i honestly expected better from you.

oh yeah, and if they get all salesmany on you with your well fabricated lies, kick him in the nuts, nick the car and head for mexico.

Bloigen
Originally posted by LifeInSepia
mantal? cha? ?? i honestly expected better from you.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/42Strangelove/raped.jpg

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by Bloigen
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/42Strangelove/raped.jpg
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.