Conan vs. Cap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
This is peak human vs. peak human; Bronze age vs. Tech; face off in an battle arena...onle 1 will live, who?

Conan has battle axe Cap has his shield

http://www.ccqhumor.com.br/artigos96a00/imagens/conan,%20o%20selvagem.jpg

http://i.1asphost.com/robbyramos/marvel_dc/captain_america.jpg

cowboy
cap

Alfheim
Cap.

srankmissingnin
... Not only has this been done before but one of the threads was bumped to the first page.

Francisco
Oh man that Conan picture is ugly as hell. Cap wins. Bronze vs Admantium not a good match.

By Crom!
Conan wins!

By Crom!

Alfheim
Originally posted by By Crom!
Conan wins!

By Crom!

You would say that! roll eyes (sarcastic)

By Crom!
Originally posted by Alfheim
You would say that! roll eyes (sarcastic)

By Crom you are right!

ThePittman
Already done

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/391468_1-captain-america-vs-conan-the-barbarian

tru-marvell
sorry folks, I did a search but didn't turn up anything...pretend this nerver happened wink no

By Crom!
Originally posted by ThePittman
Already done

Many agreed, many disagreed but Conan made himself a king and slayed gods and wizards regularly not Batroc ze Leaper so BY CROM! CONAN WINS!

Modt
By Crom you are right!

laughing .Man,check out the size of that Cimmerians sword. big grin

srankmissingnin
By Crom you are right!

I think you mean "Alfheim you are right" because By Crom is your name. wink

By Crom!
Originally posted by Modt
laughing .Man,check out the size of that Cimmerians sword. big grin

By Crom! A man is judged by the size of his blade in Cimmeria that is a mere trifle.

By Crom!
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think you mean "Alfheim you are right" because By Crom is your name. wink

By Crom!

Alfheim
Many agreed, many disagreed but Conan made himself a king and slayed gods and wizards regularly not Batroc ze Leaper so BY CROM! CONAN WINS!

Cap has beaten people much tougher than Batroc...Take a look at The Cap respect thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/390466-respect-captain-america

Modt
Anyways,welcome to KMC

Alfheim
Anyways,welcome to KMC laughing out loud

By Crom!
Cap has beaten people much tougher than Batroc...Take a look at The Cap respect thread.

He does not regularly beat the likes of Thoth and Kulan Gath the latter of whom has beaten the avengers and Xmen combined before with merely his courage and a blade.

Anyways,welcome to KMC

Thank you, may your children be fair and your wife comely! By Crom!

srankmissingnin
Conan was having a hard enough time with old man Solomon Kane. wink

... that it matters though since young or old Kane was badass.

By Crom!
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Conan was having a hard enough time with old man Solomon Kane. wink

... that it matters though since young or old Kane was badass.

And Cap lost to a fat Sumo once. I think he was called the General or something.

Alfheim
And Cap lost to a fat Sumo once. I think he was called the General or something.

I dont think so somehow. Anyway Cap beat The Wrecker at a time when he could lift 40 tons.

By Crom!
I dont think so somehow. Anyway Cap beat The Wrecker at a time when he could lift 40 tons.

Trust me he did it's in a 60's comic reprinted by Marvel in an 80's pocketbook I picked up at a jumble sale.

This isn't that Sumo but there is another one called Kono who first appeared in Marvel Fanfare 11 in 1983 who has also beaten Cap at least in round one.

ThePittman
Conan gets his butt handed to him, big time.

*Cap throws shield, flies past his head*
Conan: You missed, funny dressed man!
*Shield bounces off wall, hits Conan in the head*
Cap: No I didn't.

By Crom!
You're right Cap doesn't beat gods and sorcerers regularly j/k

Trust me he did it's in a 60's comic reprinted by Marvel in an 80's pocketbook I picked up at a jumble sale.

This isn't that Sumo but there is another one called Kono who first appeared in Marvel Fanfare 11 in 1983 who has also beaten Cap at least in round one.

Alfheim

Well if even if it did it dont mean jack. That is what is known as a low showing, sometimes some writers make characters perform badly.

The fact is Cap is considered to be one of the earths finest combatants and has beaten very powerful opponents on a regular basis.

By Crom!
Well if even if it did it dont mean jack. That is what is known as a low showing, sometimes some writers make characters perform badly.

The fact is Cap is considered to be one of the earths finest combatants and has beaten very powerful opponents on a regular basis.

Gods and sorcerers almost on a par with Doctor Strange most months?

By Com Conan made himself king by his own hand in a world were great warriors were round every corner!

Alfheim
Gods and sorcerers almost on a par with Doctor Strange most months?

Well how the hell is he going to beat a sorcerer without magic and a god?

By Crom!
Well how the hell is he going to beat a sorcerer without magic and a god?

Ask Thoth and Kulan Gath, Ask the eater of souls etc. etc. Because he is Conan, Cimmerian, nothing more need be said.

It was General Wo in Tales of Suspense I#61/2 who was the fat Sumo who beat on Cap I was thinking of. Cap beat him second time out.

Daredevil1
Conan got owned by some ninjas. For those bringing up Cap struggling with Batroc. And Batroc would own the ninja that gave Conan problems.

But anyway Cap 7-8/10

Alfheim
Ask Thoth and Kulan Gath, Ask the eater of souls etc. etc. Because he is Conan, Cimmerian, nothing more need be said

No this is a debating forum explain how he beat them, not even Cap can beat Dr Strange or Thor. There is no rational explanation of how Conan can beat a god or somebody as powerul as Dr Strange without magic.

It was General Wo in Tales of Suspense I#61/2 who was the fat Sumo who beat on Cap I was thinking of. Cap beat him second time out.

Bro I already explained that to you...low showings. Besides DD has beaten both Hercules and Cap at the same time before years ago, that aint gonna happen now.

Originally posted by Daredevil1
Conan got owned by some ninjas. For those bringing up Cap struggling with Batroc. And Batroc would own the ninja that gave Conan problems.

But anyway Cap 7-8/10

In all fairness Conan written properly would do better than that.

P.S. You seen what we did to the cap respect thread?

By Crom!
No this is a debating forum explain how he beat them, not even Cap can beat Dr Strange or Thor. There is no rational explanation of how Conan can beat a god or somebody as powerul as Dr Strange without magic.

And yet he does it every month almost, it doesn't matter whose imprint the book is.

Soleran
Conan is SO much cooler then Captain Americasmile

Conan takes this match 6/10!

Alfheim
And yet he does it every month almost, it doesn't matter whose imprint the book is.

Yeah thats what we call PIS on this forum.

No Mentioning Events of PIS

Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman.

Character Induced Stupidity, or CIS, on the other hand, refers to any natural mental limitations that characters impose upon themselves and reduce their ability to use their own skills and powers effectively. Unlike PIS, CIS does not occur because the plot requires it, but because the character is genuinely that dumb. Examples of the CIS-afflicted include characters such as Rhino or Jar Jar Binks. Events of CIS are not exempt from debates.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Soleran

No Conan takes it 7.5555555 out of 10 roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThePittman
Most of the demons and such that Conan fights can be killed with a sword, Dr. Strange can summon things that can only be killed or defeated with magic. Unless Conan has some type of weapon to defeat such things he is toast.

Badabing
No Conan takes it 7.5555555 out of 10 roll eyes (sarcastic)
Conan takes 0/10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

By Crom!
Conan never loses Kulan Gath has beaten the Xmen and Avengers combined and the Xmen more than once, yet Conan has beaten him alone.
Cap has had trouble with the tumbler for gods sake and more than once.

Alfheim
Conan never loses Kulan Gath has beaten the Xmen and Avengers combined and the Xmen more than once, yet Conan has beaten him alone.
Cap has had trouble with the tumbler for gods sake and more than once.

*sigh* You're not listening are you? Anyway I gotta go...

By Crom!
*sigh* You're not listening are you? Anyway I gotta go...

On feats and foes faced Conan wins.

Badabing
On feats Conan wins.
Cap ftw. Conan isn't getting past teh shield!!!!!!1111one

By Crom!
Originally posted by Badabing
Cap ftw. Conan isn't getting past teh shield!!!!!!1111one

Kulan Gath magic > Caps shield and you know what Conan did to Kulan Gath.

Badabing
Jobber aura>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>magic.

By Crom!
Jobber aura>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>magic.

It usually takes two modern Super teams to take Kulan Gath down today, in the Hyborian age it just took Conan and/or Red Sonja.

Badabing
SS serum + vibranium shield = Cap winning.

By Crom!
SS serum + vibranium shield = Cap winning.

King of Aquilonia by his own hand, no need for magic, vibranium, technology or superpowers.

Conan is the real peak human.

Francisco
The Kulan Gath of today isn't the same of the hyborian age. Conan can't beat the Kulan that took down the Avengers.

The demons, gods and monsters Conan has beaten all had some sort of exploitable weakness. Hell, If we could place Captain America in any of the adventures Conan has had Cap would perform just as good if not better than Conan.

Soleran
Um Cap doesn't have the personailty to overcome Conan nor to immitate his feats!

CA lives in a field of flowers compared to Conan!

By Crom!
Originally posted by Francisco
The Kulan Gath of today isn't the same of the hyborian age. Conan can't beat the Kulan that took down the Avengers.

The demons, gods and monsters Conan has beaten all had some sort of exploitable weakness. Hell, If we could place Captain America in any of the adventures Conan has had Cap would perform just as good if not better than Conan.

You say this but he is exactly the same Kulan Gath in the Marvel team up Spiderman/ Red Sonja Vs. Kulan Gath reference is made to Conan. Actually he's a weaker Kulan Gath as he resides in the amulet.

ThePittman
OK, lets say that Conan is peak human, which I doubt then you must add in their fighting knowledge. Conan is a straight brawler and Cap knows all forms of modern combat.

Francisco
King of Aquilonia by his own hand, no need for magic, vibranium, technology or superpowers.

Conan is the real peak human.

I can see almost every single peak human from Marvel and DC becoming king under their own hand were they placed in the same world as Conan.

How many times did Sonja and Zula save Conan's butt? And how many times did Conan lost his army before becoming king?

By Crom!
Um Cap doesn't have the personailty to overcome Conan nor to immitate his feats!

CA lives in a field of flowers compared to Conan!

So true.

By Crom!
OK, lets say that Conan is peak human, which I doubt then you must add in their fighting knowledge. Conan is a straight brawler and Cap knows all forms of modern combat.

Conan has been trained by numerous weapons masters. He has been a champion gladiator. He doesn't lose to Kono the Sumo one on one.

ThePittman

ThePittman
Conan has been trained by numerous weapons masters. He has been a champion gladiator. He doesn't lose to Kono the Sumo one on one. Cap is also train in melee weapons as well as dealing with modern technology which Conan could only dream of.

By Crom!

ThePittman

By Crom!

King KAM
ive also seen conan lose battles to small groups of regular men. The fact is conan beats damn near any human, who isnt too overly skilled. But someone like cap who is more skilled and stronger gets conan.

ThePittman

guy222
Originally posted by tru-marvell
This is peak human vs. peak human; Bronze age vs. Tech; face off in an battle arena...onle 1 will live, who?

Conan has battle axe Cap has his shield

http://www.ccqhumor.com.br/artigos96a00/imagens/conan,%20o%20selvagem.jpg

http://i.1asphost.com/robbyramos/marvel_dc/captain_america.jpg

Conan

Conan defeated Thor in What If

ThePittman
Originally posted by guy222
Conan

Conan defeated Thor in What If What If's don't coun't.

By Crom!
What If's don't coun't.

True but h did defeat Thor in an alternate Universe so if we set this battle in that alternate Universe. smile

Soleran

Kid Kurdy
I really really really think Captain America is the better fighter. But Conan is not to be underestimated.

I think it's a draw or so. They are pretty equal.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I really really really think Captain America is the better fighter. But Conan is not to be underestimated.

I think it's a draw or so. They are pretty equal.

Conan is though much cooler, By Crom!!

ThePittman

By Crom!

ThePittman

Francisco

Francisco

By Crom!

ThePittman
Caps usual opponents are also often a group of guards. Interestingly in Howards books and in faithful comic renditions like early marvel and Busieks Darkhorse stuff, he hardly ever had an entourage. Nah, Cap never beats Wizards like Kulan Gath, Baron Blood is enough magic to cause him huge problems. Cap deals with magic, future tech, aliens and their technology.

Rick/Genis
Doesn't Conan have an Army? Isn't that a team... that's bigger than a team... right?

Cap Doesn't need an Army...

guy222
What If's don't coun't.

In my opinion, they do

Its a comic

smile

Rick/Genis
In my opinion, they do

Its a comic

smile

it's not cannonical though. So your opinion is worthless in the rules of the debate.

ThePittman
In my opinion, they do

Its a comic

smile Well I could draw Slapstick kicking LT's butt, however that doesn't count either stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
weird... Living Tribunal seems to be the topic of the day...

guy222
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
weird... Living Tribunal seems to be the topic of the day...

Isn't he

guy222
it's not cannonical though. So your opinion is worthless in the rules of the debate.

My opinion is mine

You have yours

Anything else

batdude123
This guy ftw!!!

http://centerclick.org/conan/pictures/misc/Picture1198.jpg

shifty

By Crom!
Doesn't Conan have an Army? Isn't that a team... that's bigger than a team... right?

Cap Doesn't need an Army...

Only when he becomes king Conan or is a mercenary, most of the time Conan fights alone. Catain America is also part of an army his rank denotes that.

Conan beats the king of the Vampires, Cap has trouble with Baron Blood nuff said.

Rick/Genis
I saw Conan Almost die by falling off a horse because a snake scared it.... What a clutz!

By Crom!
I saw Conan Almost die by falling off a horse because a snake scared it.... What a clutz!

smile

Yes falling off horses because snakes scare them is the riders fault. no
What a clever observation.

Batroc ze Leper
The Tumbler
The Sumo laughing

Sure are on The likes of Fear and the Devourer of souls level. no

Rick/Genis
He should have seen the snake coming dawgonnit!

Rick/Genis
basically all Cap has to do is scare Conans horse to win...

Francisco
Only when he becomes king Conan or is a mercenary, most of the time Conan fights alone. Catain America is also part of an army his rank denotes that.

Conan beats the king of the Vampires, Cap has trouble with Baron Blood nuff said.

This is an utter lie. Conan did not beat Varnae. Zula and Red Sonja did it with a magic spell. Conan was as good as dead until Zula and Red Sonja saved his sorry butt!

By Crom!
basically all Cap has to do is scare Conans horse to win...

Not really, i've see Cap lose because General Wu the Sumo sat on him. I guess using your logic all Conan has to do is sit on him.

smile

Good Call.

Kulan Gath > Red Skull

Rick/Genis
Red Skull With Cosmic Cube > Kulan Gath

By Crom!
This is an utter lie. Conan did not beat Varnae. Zula and Red Sonja did with a magic spell. Conan was as good as dead until Zula and Red Sonja saved his sorry butt!

Conan has faced him more than once read "The Blood Stone" in the Black and White Conan magazine.

smile

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
This guy ftw!!!

http://centerclick.org/conan/pictures/misc/Picture1198.jpg

shifty
Ahhhhh, the pain! laughing

Rick/Genis
Bullets > Magic

By Crom!
Red Skull With Cosmic Cube > Kulan Gath

Devourer of Souls "Old God"

Fear also a Dr. Strange villian

Dweller in the Darkness also a Doctor Strange villian

Thoth Amon greatest evil sorcerer in history.

http://corky.net/dotan/log/images/ConanThor03.jpg

hey is that Thor Thoth is f.ucking with?

Lots of things which would take the Avengers to stop oh and the snake people as a culture.

http://www.kabooom.ch/pix/conan1.jpg

and the Spider people as a culture

smile

Rick/Genis
Cosmic Cube almost if not = Infinity Gauntlet...

and Thor <<< Infinite Gauntlet and Cosmic Cube...

LordFear
Well I will say that Cap has a better chance than Bat's in my opinion on taking down Conan. I see this going fifty fifty

Francisco
With his toys Batman would do short work of Conan.
Conan is overrated.

Alfheim
Devourer of Souls "Old God"

Fear also a Dr. Strange villian

Dweller in the Darkness also a Doctor Strange villian

Thoth Amon greatest evil sorcerer in history.

http://corky.net/dotan/log/images/ConanThor03.jpg

hey is that Thor Thoth is f.ucking with?

Lots of things which would take the Avengers to stop oh and the snake people as a culture.

http://www.kabooom.ch/pix/conan1.jpg

and the Spider people as a culture

smile

Conan loses fanboy. You cant debate.

Symmetric Chaos
Bullets > Magic

depends on the magic

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
depends on the magic

Stop following me around! j/k stick out tongue

don't shiv
Conan wins with pointy axe toss. beer

Francisco
Conan has faced him more than once read "The Blood Stone" in the Black and White Conan magazine.

smile Conan ran from Akivasha scared like a child but somehow he would beat Varnae lord of vampires. Yeah right!

By Crom!
Conan ran from Akivasha scared like a child but somehow he would beat Varnae lord of vampires. Yeah right!

Conan beat him on his own read "bloodstone"

Conan loses fanboy. You cant debate.

rather than debating the point you invoke the call someone a "fanboy" option thereby losing the argument by default. smile
I feel for you. no

Originally posted by don't shiv
Conan wins with pointy axe toss. beer

About right.

Interestingly the posters on this thread are split smile

Badabing
Cap wins. All those who oppose his shield must yield.

By Crom!
Cap wins. All those who oppose his shield must yield.

smile

Much as I love Cap this simply isn't true. I would post his face after Tony gave him the recent beating or his face after he lost his right to be cap the first time Jonny Walker beat him up as proof.
Cap has lost many times. He's still a great character, he will never be as great as Conan though. Hence why Conan gets successful films and Cap gets the like of the 70's early 80's see through shield motorcycle helmet pilot and the awful early nineties version.

Badabing
smile

Much as I love Cap this simply isn't true. I would post his face after Tony gave him the recent beating or his face after he lost his right to be cap the first time Jonny Walker beat him up as proof.
Cap has lost many times. He's still a great character, he will never be as great as Conan though. Hence why Conan gets successful films and Cap gets the like of the 70's early 80's see through shield motorcycle helmet pilot and the awful early nineties version.
Wow, I'm convinced now! eek! I mean equating a character's movie success with how they'll battle in a comic versus forum. laughing

stick out tongue

By Crom!
Wow, I'm convinced now! eek! I mean equating a character's movie success with how they'll battle in a comic versus forum. laughing

stick out tongue

No, I compared there quality as characters to the respective movie success.

smile

ThePittman
Well after debating the Cap Vs. Gambit thread I have no doubt that Cap would beat the living crap out of Conan. Cap for the curbstomp.

Rick/Genis
thumb up

By Crom!
Well after debating the Cap Vs. Gambit thread I have no doubt that Cap would beat the living crap out of Conan. Cap for the curbstomp.

Conan and Gambit in the same sentence laughing

yup, an interesting train of thought. no

smile

rock

ThePittman
52 card pickup to Conan's chest and it's all over.

The Nuul
Bump.

Daredevil1
Cap wins but not easily.

Warrior18

yes

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Whirly

Cap defeated the General easily.

Daredevil1
Dude, CA did NOTHING like what Conan did in the wars.

Conan ripped people apart with his bare hands, cleaving them limb from limb.

Cap accidentally killed a man with a punch. By accident seriously the people that Cap fights against who are way stronger then Conan like USagent, Masterman, Warrior Woman, Hyde, Rhino, Huge Kree can all rips guys like tissue and are way stronger then Conan and don't care if they do that to there opponents neither.

And Cap has straight up tore through them that's how good Cap is but then again he is a Super Soldier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.