Eragon 2: Eldest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trav6612
Any ideas on whether or not they will make the second book in the trilogy as a movie? Or has there been any news about it?

Dusty
Well, they sure as hell shouldn't.

roughrider
It's sucking at the box office.
Next film - if it gets made at all - goes straight to DVD.

The Core
It's doing fine in the box office outside the US. That said, I think it's going to suffer from the "Riddick" curse. A Sci Fi trilogy that has already been planned to be released regardless if the first is a hit or not.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Dusty
Well, they sure as hell shouldn't.

agreed yes The film disgusted me i hate the first one from start to finish i was bored and the acting was just awful they make the Harry Potter guys look like oscar performers .

Bicnarok
They´ll have to make a second eragorn so he can fight the other bad dragon riding chap. Can´t leave a story unfinished now can we.

sithsaber408
No way they'll make a 2, the first goes ass to mouth.

Originally posted by Supreme being
agreed yes The film disgusted me i hate the first one from start to finish i was bored and the acting was just awful they make the Harry Potter guys look like oscar performers . L laughing out loud L Z!

Like Allan Rickman, Gary Oldman, and Maggie Smith?

Those actors are Oscar performers. stick out tongue

trav6612
Originally posted by The Core
It's doing fine in the box office outside the US. That said, I think it's going to suffer from the "Riddick" curse. A Sci Fi trilogy that has already been planned to be released regardless if the first is a hit or not.
Do you really think they were already planning a second? How well is it doing outside the US?

roughrider
No film with a $100 million-plus budget, grossing less than $80 million in North America, is going to get a sequel on the big screen.

melenor
if they make a second they really need to go back to the book because they saw what happens if you don't follow the book.

it flops..

trav6612
Originally posted by melenor
if they make a second they really need to go back to the book because they saw what happens if you don't follow the book.

it flops..

I think you are right. They need to go back to the book, cause that kind of ruined the movie for me.

ragesRemorse
It was a bad book, inspired by a child who liked star wars so wrote a book about star wars but with dragons, and found a childish director who never made a movie before to make a childish shitty movie with no substance, character bonding, character exploration, maturation or story evolvment of any kind other than the colors which changed from scene to scene. Eragon...bad movie.

EL-3ASHIK
VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

MildPossession
Did you even read the rest of the topic...

A second movie would be terrible, just like the first.

Kazenji
Even if they got a decent director thats read the book ?

niraka
well even if the first wasn't that great they still should make a second because they ended it in a spot to where they need to make another one. But I agree with everyone else, they should stick to the book better because I was complaining about how whatever didn't happen in the book the whole time.

siriuswriter
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I watched what I think was twenty minutes of the first movie, and died.

That's why I'm not sure whether or not it was twenty minutes or not.

Walker.I
Just because they ended it in a spot where it hasn't ended isn't enough reason to make another movie. The movie flopped financially, which is not what the studio wants, so it's done.

Besides, the book and movie both sucked.

Aztec123
I actually enjoyed it, i didn't expect a lot from the beginning but once i saw it, i was amaze. Eragon was better than the first lord of the rings and harry potter. imo...

Final Blaxican
The movie sucked as much as the books do, which is a lot.

Walker.I
Originally posted by Aztec123
I actually enjoyed it, i didn't expect a lot from the beginning but once i saw it, i was amaze. Eragon was better than the first lord of the rings and harry potter. imo...

You have a right to your opinion, but Eragon can't compare with Lord of the Rings.

jimmyjames
yes they should make a #2 eragon i liked all the books and the movie i have been waiting for the #2 for ever!!!!! big grin

dracodraconis
to all if they had made the first eragon film so it followed the book exactly it wud av been more than a day long and then you wud av complained at it being to long! you are all a bunch of wanna be film critics without the first idea of wot it takes to produce a film that has the basic story so people who avnt read the book can understand it. personally i think they shud make the second. if you all go on about the money it makes then all films are flops as hardly any of them make more money in the first weekend to wot they cost to make in the first place.

omgchos
Originally posted by Aztec123
While the production value was great, and the Jeremy Irons is always good. In no way does it compare with lord of the Rings. but its true, you have the right to your opinion. I have to say i got that Tingly awesome feeling when he shanked the shade in the chest.

jinXed by JaNx
Eragon was actually a lot better than i had expected. It was a good little movie but i'm not sure that there is reason for a sequel.

Eminence
Originally posted by dracodraconis
to all if they had made the first eragon film so it followed the book exactly it wud av been more than a day long and then you wud av complained at it being to long!Yeah, it's not like we have sub-24 hour adaptations of any of the 600+ page Harry Potter books, or the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Geass
They messed up big time on the first one,hopefully they won't make another.

silenthawk
they left loads out of the first movie like murtagh is in the book way more than he was in the film and everything just seemed to be all in the wrong order if they wind up making a second then they best stick to the book more.

davidconnor
I think they will not check their luck once again ..
Eragon is big flop movie so they wont make 2

XanatosForever
No...NO...NO! *fires an bazooka at a random target* mad

siriuswriter
i know this is very much like an off-topic post, but not really.

whenever i read "eragon," it comes out in my head like "aragorn."

dude, millions of books by teenagers are published. it's just that this dude had parents who had connections and money to play for hype.

i would rather see 'queen of glass' published then have any books or movies from eragorn.

or eragon. sorry.

Incanus
THE MOVIE WOULD BE **** THEY DESTROYED THE FIRST ONE!!! With every extreme innacuracy a little part of me died....... and alot of me died the day i saw it.......... But if they stick to the book it would be good.

Himaloy
first one was flop right ? next will be same *hide*

SaphiraPaolini
As a huge dragon fan and having a celestial sigh of the fire dragon, I loved the Eragon movie even as sappy as it was. It had great personality and was funny. My daughter and I still watch it on a regular basis. She is a Metal dragon. We love all things Dragons being we were born in the year of the dragon!!! Bring on the squeal already, but stick to the book this time!!!

quanchi112
I liked the original but to think it's in the same conversation as the first Lord of the Rings is crazy talk.

juggerman
I was very disappointed by the 1st film but i can honestly say that had a lot to do with the fact that i read the book 1st. Had i not i may have liked it. It's no LotR tho and im not even a huge fan of that

ChasUGC
Eragon was a great movie in the Dragon genre. It was fun and entertaining. The movie sold well too. It was amazing to think that a 12 year old wrote it. This is probably why it was so good. The imagination of a 12 year old doesn't have the constraints of adults (without drugs that is). Heck, if they can make 9 Hellraiser Movies, 3 Phantasm Movies, and all the other god awful trilogy's and Nightmare's that had sequels that lasted way too long, they can do this great dragon story. Accept the story from the softness of a child's mind, and don't harden yourself through an adults mind. Open your mind, and enjoy. This is what the kids did who loved it, and most of them did love it. This was not an adult movie and it shouldn't be judged that way, or by adults. Ask the children, they loved it. And, those who are kids at heart, like me.

juggerman
Originally posted by ChasUGC
Eragon was a great movie in the Dragon genre. It was fun and entertaining. The movie sold well too. It was amazing to think that a 12 year old wrote it. This is probably why it was so good. The imagination of a 12 year old doesn't have the constraints of adults (without drugs that is). Heck, if they can make 9 Hellraiser Movies, 3 Phantasm Movies, and all the other god awful trilogy's and Nightmare's that had sequels that lasted way too long, they can do this great dragon story. Accept the story from the softness of a child's mind, and don't harden yourself through an adults mind. Open your mind, and enjoy. This is what the kids did who loved it, and most of them did love it. This was not an adult movie and it shouldn't be judged that way, or by adults. Ask the children, they loved it. And, those who are kids at heart, like me.

A 12 year old did not write the movie. He wrote the book. And honestly the movie and the book were very different.

siriuswriter
Actually, Christopher Paolini was 18. The first book was first published for vaniity reading.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.