Jack Kirby fans rejoice!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Coming in May 07 DC comics is printing a FOURTH WORLD OMNIBUS VOL. 1 book.

If you're a fan of the New Gods and the Jack Kirby's fourth World. This is one you will defenetly pick up.

THE FOURTH WORLD VOL. 1 features the debuts of Orion of the New Gods, the evil Darkseid, super-escape artist Mister Miracle and many others, and features numerous appearances by Superman, from the pages of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN #133-139, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-3, NEW GODS #1-3 and MISTER MIRACLE #1-3!

Very much looking forward to May. smile

juggernaut66666
w00tw00t

Beta Ray Howard
Awesomeness.

guy222
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

If you're a fan of the New Gods and the Jack Kirby's fourth World. This is one you will defenetly pick up.

THE FOURTH WORLD VOL. 1 features the debuts of Orion of the New Gods, the evil Darkseid, super-escape artist Mister Miracle and many others, and features numerous appearances by Superman, from the pages of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN #133-139, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-3, NEW GODS #1-3 and MISTER MIRACLE #1-3!

Kirby is the man. He brought us the Celestials stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
Finally I hope Jack puts back Darkseid to his place....

Black Adam

sounds great.

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
w00tw00t

that smile looks constipated...

Psyquis52
He's right. The smilie looks constipated.

WrathfulDwarf
He just got too excited. wink

pr1983

no expression there is a god.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by pr1983
no expression there is a god.

Many gods stick out tongue

pr1983
Many gods stick out tongue

but the god of kirby is answering my prayers... pity there's no marvel equivalent... i'd kill for some of his surfer stuff...

Grimm22
cool

Maybe I will have enough money after Civil War to buy it stick out tongue

Deathstroke
Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that Jim Starlin is doing a New Gods series after he's done with Mystery in Space?

DarkCrawler
Jack Kirby. God of cosmic stories. Nobody can draw cosmic stuff better then he does.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Finally I hope Jack puts back Darkseid to his place....

How is it going to change anything ?, everyone knows that Pre Crisis Darksied has Skyfather feats beyond any other, its the Post OWAW Darksied that has done all the 'jobbing'. How is a comic that came out 30 years ago going to help his rep ? I've known about this for A long time now, and i really cant wait for it. I might even get the hard back cover, I can't wait to get his Eternals omibus aswell, just haven't been able to afford it over the last year.

Doctor S.T.D.
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that Jim Starlin is doing a New Gods series after he's done with Mystery in Space?

Now that is interseting !!!!!!!!!!! I would rather have Mike Carey do it though, or Even Niel Gaiman droolio

Galan007

Very much looking forward to May. smile So this will have the "classic" Darkseid stories correct?

By "classic" I mean back in the days where he was the most powerful being in DC.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Deathstroke

It is still a rumor. However, it is the reason why I been following Captain Comet's resurrection in the pages of Mystery in Space. I trying to spot any hints in the writting that might indicate Jim will work on that possible project. I also got a feeling there might be some clues in The Omega Men current mini-series.

Originally posted by Galan007
So this will have the "classic" Darkseid stories correct?

By "classic" I mean back in the days where he was the most powerful being in DC.

The Classic indeed with all it's glory!

Galan007
The Classic indeed with all it's glory! That's great news! smile

Doctor S.T.D.

I don't think he has ever been illustrated as D.C.'s most powerful being (I think Spectre was always depicted in this role), and i don't think we'll be seeing any of his more Impressive feats during this collection. (If you want to see Darksied at his most powerful read The Great Darkness Saga, Legion of Super heroes, that came out). But in all honestly, WHO CARES. This is vintage Kirby Sci Fi madness at its best. What other reason do you need for reading it ?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.
I don't think he has ever been illustrated as D.C.'s most powerful being (I think Spectre was always depicted in this role), and i don't think we'll be seeing any of his more Impressive feats during this collection. (If you want to see Darksied at his most powerful read The Great Darkness Saga, Legion of Super heroes, that came out). But in all honestly, WHO CARES. This is vintage Kirby Sci Fi madness at its best. What other reason do you need for reading it ?

Then if WHO CARES why you even botherin posting?

Doctor S.T.D.
Then if WHO CARES why you even botherin posting?

Because I like illustrating how Sad i think people are, who read comics to help them debate on here !

I anticipate a Backlash, that will involve retorts about how supposedly sad I am for making this pretty accurate observation,

OH and the customary sock gibes. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Galan007
Because I like illustrating how Sad i think people are, who read comics to help them debate on here ! I hope that was not in any way directed at me.

WrathfulDwarf
Because I like illustrating how Sad i think people are, who read comics to help them debate on here !

I anticipate a Backlash, that will involve retorts about how supposedly sad I am for making this pretty accurate observation,

OH and the customary sock gibes. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

No, it's not sadness is just plain stupid and over generalize ignorance.

This is been brought back for the new generation of readers who haven't been introduce to Jack Kirby's Fourth World. It is basically introducing new readers to the Epic that occur prior to events in the Crisis of the Infinite Earth and Infinite Crisis.

Many new readers to the DCU don't know or are aware of the Fourth World. This will be a great introduction.

For those of us whom have read the Epic are glad this compiliation is been made. It is a great way for us to remenber how simple and great story telling was back in silver age.

Doctor S.T.D.

This is been brought back for the new generation of readers who haven't been introduce to Jack Kirby's Fourth World. It is basically introducing new readers to the Epic that occur prior to events in the Crisis of the Infinite Earth and Infinite Crisis.

Many new readers to the DCU don't know or are aware of the Fourth World. This will be a great introduction.

For those of us whom have read the Epic are glad this compiliation is been made. It is a great way for us to remenber how simple and great story telling was back in silver age.

I agree, which i why i think its quite SAD, when members start speculating about how powerful Darksied will be portrayed in the series.

Galan007
I agree, which i why i think its quite SAD, when members start speculating about how powerful Darksied will be portrayed in the series. I love it when people post in various threads for the sole purpose of flaming other users. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doctor S.T.D.
I love it when people post in various threads for the sole purpose of flaming other users. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its hardly flamming, well not yet anyway. Youre point is bolllocks anyway as I am CLEARLY debating with you in another thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/437136_1-superman-1-million-versus-odin

Galan007
Its hardly flamming, well not yet anyway. Youre point is bolllocks anyway as I am CLEARLY debating with you in another thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/437136_1-superman-1-million-versus-odin I wasn't refering to our other debate.

You were in THIS thread flaming other users (something you do alot of).

This crap ruins good threads, so I don't see why you do it.

Doctor S.T.D.
I wasn't refering to our other debate.

You were in THIS thread flaming other users (something you do alot of).

This crap ruins good threads, so I don't see why you do it.

No you where suggesting that I solely flamed, which I clearly proved as a fallacy !

I love it when people post in various threads for the sole purpose of flaming other users.

And as stated previously it was hardly Flamming ! People in here seriously have to grow a backbone and stop being so bloody passive. smile

Galan007
And as stated previously it was hardly Flamming ! People in here seriously have to grow a backbone and stop being so bloody passive. smile Case in point.

Anyways, I'm not going to clog this thread with anymore off topic posts.

Good Day. wink

invisiblewoman
No you where suggesting that I solely flamed, which I clearly proved as a fallacy !

And as stated previously it was hardly Flamming ! People in here seriously have to grow a backbone and stop being so bloody passive. smile

thats your opinion not your decision!

The Joker#1

Awesome.

Good old Jack. He never got his full due respect off Marvel back in the day.

WrathfulDwarf
UPDATE!

TricksterPriest
drool *Hallelujah starts playing in the background* The gods smile upon us. Praise the Source. laughing And Praise Jack Kirby. thumb up

Zahit
Jack The King Kirby rulez!!!!

I can't wait for this.....it's the new crack.

book

WrathfulDwarf
Recent article on The New Gods

Galan007
So the 4th World Saga is going to be collected into 6 TPB's correct?

WrathfulDwarf
It should be....the first volume of the Omnibus will be in May. Volume two should come somewhere in July or August.

Galan007

Juntai

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
The only new ones there is the omnibus', the rest are older collections. I just remembered that the Omnibus' will collect the entire 4th World Saga.

Don't know where my mind is at today. embarrasment

Isn't there going to be four Omnibus novels, which will collect all of JK's work?

Martian_mind
Yep.

WrathfulDwarf
Not Kirby's work....but here is some in depth to the later New Gods stories...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=109325

WrathfulDwarf
Just got my copy!!! Happy Dance

I had to use all my regular money for weekly comics to get it....but hot damn! It's worth it!

Galan007
Happy Dance

I plan on picking it up sometime this week.

WrathfulDwarf
Today volume two of Kirby's Omnibus will be release. If you liked the first one then the second volume might catch your eyes. smile

WrathfulDwarf
Volume 4 is out and it's the figth not to be missed.

DARKSEID!

pray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.