Wolverine VS Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

python99
classic or current it doesnt matter
who takes it

grey fox
Cable every time.

masterbruce
prob more like a stalemate...what could cable really do to wolverine?

Rick/Genis
Destroy his mind and rape his thoughts...

python99
Originally posted by grey fox
Cable every time.

every time? maybe not. a majority? yeah

grey fox
Originally posted by masterbruce

Let's see...Mindrape him , fling him into the sun , tear every lump of organic material off of his skeleton , pull him apart by ligaments, cause his internal organs to explode.

I haven't even begun yet so please continua to doubt...

masterbruce
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Destroy his mind and rape his thoughts...

doesnt wolverine have high resistance against Telepathy? Cable couldnt DESTROY logan's mind.

grey fox
Originally posted by python99
every time? maybe not. a majority? yeah

No EVERY time.

Even IF Wolvie could get into H2H distance to Calbe he's easily rectified by a forcefield.

Rick/Genis
Let's see...Mindrape him , fling him into the sun , tear every lump of organic material off of his skeleton , pull him apart by ligaments, cause his internal organs to explode.

I haven't even begun yet so please continua to doubt...

Mine was shorter and sweeter.

Rick/Genis
doesnt wolverine have high resistance against Telepathy? Cable couldnt DESTROY logan's mind.

Not Cables Telepathy...

grey fox
Not Cables Telepathy...

thumb up

Can someone say crispy fried Canadian !

capt it up
current cable would destroy logan however classic cable would not. classic cable ability were quite weaker. current cable would destroy logan easily.

Rick/Genis
This is actually a really stupid thread... but I continue to post on it... weird.

python99

I knew it the people who think wolverine wins everytime. Nobody can beat Wolverine roll eyes (sarcastic) . Nobody can do anything to hurt him roll eyes (sarcastic) .

python99
No EVERY time.

Even IF Wolvie could get into H2H distance to Calbe he's easily rectified by a forcefield.

Hey I have no problem with Cable winning everytime, its just I dont want to be a Wolverine hater

grey fox
Originally posted by capt it up
current cable would destroy logan however classic cable would not. classic cable ability were quite weaker. current cable would destroy logan easily.

Nope , Classic Cable still wrecks him.

python99
This is actually a really stupid thread... but I continue to post on it... weird.

Stupid threads for some reason always have the longest discussion.
Why? confused

Rick/Genis
Nope , Classic Cable still wrecks him. thumb up

python99

Wolverines healing factor in his classic days are no where near what he can do now.

Loot
which version? if its death cable lying in the floor, wolverine takes it eek!

grey fox
Wolverines healing factor in his classic days are no where near what he can do now.

Thus he get's wrecked even harder rock

capt it up
yet classic cable never defeat logan after countless battles with him

Kallark-Kent

Cable wins, under KMC rules, meaning current. Cable wrecks him.

Uhh, are you disagreeing with capt? On Wolverine?!?!?!?! Your Crazy!

python99
Thus he get's wrecked even harder rock

Yup big grin

guy222
classic or current it doesnt matter
who takes it

Logan slashes his damm throat

grey fox
yet classic cable never defeat logan after countless battles with him

I'd like scans

capt it up
classic cable really had quite limited powers due to the legacy virus. Some times it was so bad he was merely a man with guns sicne his other abilities were focused on keeping the virus at bay

grey fox
Originally posted by guy222
Logan slashes his damm throat

...and hit's a forcefield , or gets his muscles ripped away from his bones , or maybe even he's just levitated a few inches out of reach so he can feebly wave his arms like some child.

python99
Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
Cable wins, under KMC rules, meaning current. Cable wrecks him.

Uhh, are you disagreeing with capt? On Wolverine?!?!?!?! Your Crazy!

Huh? confused

capt it up
I'd like scans
don't have them. One thing I don't have is there fights. I have comcis leading up to there fights. The closest cable ever came to w in was knocking logan off a ledge.

I think your over thing classic cables abilities he was pritty handy cap due to his viruses.

capt it up
...and hit's a forcefield , or gets his muscles ripped away from his bones , or maybe even he's just levitated a few inches out of reach so he can feebly wave his arms like some child.
to bad classic cable could due non of that unless he felt like dieing from the legacy virus.

masterbruce
Capt's word on Wolverine is as good as gold. If he says logan will whoop classic cable, then you better believe it.

capt it up
Capt's word on Wolverine is as good as gold. If he says logan will whoop classic cable, then you better believe it.
lol thanks. I don't think he whoops classic cable. I am not even sure he would win however classic cable not defeating logan easily.

current however is another story.

python99
Anyone out there got scans of these 2 ever fighting?

grey fox
classic cable really had quite limited powers due to the legacy virus. Some times it was so bad he was merely a man with guns sicne his other abilities were focused on keeping the virus at bay

...and other times he could fling your poster boy clean into orbit.

Tough cheese , get me scans or it'll STILL stay a 10/10

don't have them. One thing I don't have is there fights. I have comcis leading up to there fights. The closest cable ever came to w in was knocking logan off a ledge.

I think your over thing classic cables abilities he was pritty handy cap due to his viruses.

Yet he could STILL kick Stryfes ass as well as Nates when he had the Nanotech virus and the Legacy virus.

grey fox
to bad classic cable could due non of that unless he felt like dieing from the legacy virus.

Still count as a win for him.

masterbruce
...and other times he could fling your poster boy clean into orbit.

Tough cheese , get me scans or it'll STILL stay a 10/10

Yet he could STILL kick Stryfes ass as well as Nates when he had the Nanotech virus and the Legacy virus.

you show me scans where cable flung wolverine into orbit please

grey fox

You show me pictures of you in 'Beat the scum of the earth' gear and I'll find you pictures of him doing that .

capt it up
Closest match cable ever came to beating logan I thinkl he even states it. He nockes logan off the thing there fighting on.

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075134fz.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075143qg.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075154sy.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075169to.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075176ve.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075183fb.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075199rj.jpg

python99
Closest match cable ever came to beating logan I thinkl he even states it. He nockes logan off the thing there fighting on.

http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075134fz.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075143qg.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075154sy.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075169to.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075176ve.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075183fb.jpg
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?...ble075199rj.jpg

scans aint comin' up

capt it up
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/361370_16-respect-wolverine

check it here then

Rick/Genis

He has all the means of flinging Wolverine Into orbit (currently). Have you read what recent cable can do lately? He fought Silver Surfer... didn't he break his board?

masterbruce
He has all the means of flinging Wolverine Into orbit (currently). Have you read what recent cable can do lately? He fought Silver Surfer... didn't he break his board?

i was talking about classic cable.

grey fox
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/361370_16-respect-wolverine

check it here then

That's Death Wolverine whom was doing off the wall shit. So it doesn't count.

ExtraMision5555

yeah, he did, but that verison of cable is long passed

still, current cable shoudl win every time

as seen in cables fight with deadpool, cable got cleaned up in h2h, but when his tk reactivated, thier wasnt really anything deadpool could do to him

Cable had the entire white house + a very small militant force & a few hummers suspended in air

Rick/Genis
i was talking about classic cable.

He was talking about current cable. And Anyway, I think Classic Cable would win, too (though not an orbit flinger)

capt it up
That's Death Wolverine whom was doing off the wall shit. So it doesn't count.
LOL it does not count becuase you dislike what it shows hahahaha. It was wolverine it happen and it not the first time thses two have abttle as stated even in the issue.

It was no out of logan power set to do so. Death wolverine did nothi ng that was out of his powerset people just dis like logan so they try and just ignore what he does. Sorry, but know. You asked for prove I got you it.

so no 10/10 just aint happening

Soleran
Yeah and that was also the Cable with NO powers just his Psimitar!

Rick/Genis
LOL it does not count becuase you dislike what it shows hahahaha. It was wolverine it happen and it not the first time thses two have abttle as stated even in the issue.

It was no out of logan power set to do so. Death wolverine did nothi ng that was out of his powerset people just dis like logan so they try and just ignore what he does. Sorry, but know. You asked for prove I got you it.

Death Wolverines Powers so WERE Augmented... how can you say they weren't. anything Apocalypse did to his horsemen made them Augmented. Are you saying Archangel was the Same as Angel?

capt it up
Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah and that was also the Cable with NO powers just his Psimitar!
actaully cable had his powers. They were just very very weaken due to the viruses. That why I said classic cable won't be winnign every time. He ahs every limited powers due to his viruses.

capt it up
Death Wolverines Powers so WERE Augmented... how can you say they weren't. anything Apocalypse did to his horsemen made them Augmented. Are you saying Archangel was the Same as Angel?
Arch angles powers were stated as such. Logan were not. He was in fact augumented how ever it was only him getting his adamatium skeleton back. Nothign eleses was ever stated. so ya and Logan had his adamatium skeleton before so that not really a big deal.

Rick/Genis
Arch angles powers were stated as such. Logan were not. He was in fact augumented how ever it was only him getting his adamatium skeleton back. Nothign eleses was ever stated. so ya and Logan had his adamatium skeleton before so that not really a big deal.

Nothing was stated when Hulk became War but for some reason he stopped juggernaut... hm.

capt it up
Nothing was stated when Hulk became War but for some reason he stopped juggernaut... hm.
actaully his was stated and they were stated when they were stripped away as well. Logan never had any thing stripped away.

They also stated they were amping hulks powers with a certain type of rays

python99

HMMMM When I put up AOA Wolverine getting owned by Fury you made a big fuss about it. I wonder why confused

capt it up
HMMMM When I put up AOA Wolverine getting owned by Fury you made a big fuss about it. I wonder why confused
AOA wolverine is not 616 wolverine. He not the same guy.

Death wolverine is 616 just mind controlled by apoc.

Rick/Genis
actaully his was stated and they were stated when they were stripped away as well. Logan never had any thing stripped away.

They also stated they were amping hulks powers with a certain type of rays

"They" didn't say anything... APOCALYPSE said that he took away the frustrasions that were plaguing Hulks mind (IE his father constantly berrating him)

Wolverine SO WAS Augmented and you know it. ADMIT IT!!! ADMIT IT!!!!!! stick out tongue

batdude123
This is absurd.

Logan is not getting a single victory.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by batdude123
This is absurd.

Logan is not getting a single victory.

no, he isint, your aboslutely right

although, i think the debate has sidetracked a bit

capt it up
"They" didn't say anything... APOCALYPSE said that he took away the frustrasions that were plaguing Hulks mind (IE his father constantly berrating him)

Wolverine SO WAS Augmented and you know it. ADMIT IT!!! ADMIT IT!!!!!! stick out tongue
actaully they said they took away the abilties they had given him. I think jinzin owns the issue ask him for it.

Logan only up grades were his adamitum skeleton. He never got any thing elese. Also if he did who took it away? That would mean he still had it which would mean it part of his character now.

The fatc is he enevr got any thing other then the adamtium. You can wish all you want, but it won't make it true. They never did any thing over his abilites that he really not done before.

capt it up
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
no, he isint, your aboslutely right

although, i think the debate has sidetracked a bit
The debate is with classic cable.

current there not doubts he win every time how ever classic is pritty handy capted due to the viruses.

Rick/Genis
actaully they said they took away the abilties they had given him. I think jinzin owns the issue ask him for it.

Logan only up grades were his adamitum skeleton. He never got any thing elese. Also if he did who took it away? That would mean he still had it which would mean it part of his character now.

The fatc is he enevr got any thing other then the adamtium. You can wish all you want, but it won't make it true. They never did any thing over his abilites that he really not done before.

so by your logic... he's still Death Wolverine... he can still do EVERYTHING he did as death.. I doubt it.

capt it up
so by your logic... he's still Death Wolverine... he can still do EVERYTHING he did as death.. I doubt it.
first you have no prove his was arguement above his adamtium skeleton.

It a fact that was the only stated up grade.

It fact he was never down graded.

it fact you have nothing and are merely saying stuff with no evidence to prove it.

There realy not a thing detah wolevrien did that none detah wolverien has not done or could do.

You wanna have there arguement which me and jinzin and srank have had with countless people on the board and have proven people wrong over and over again. Be my guest.

Beta Ray Howard
Wolverine is gonna get killed by Cable. no expression

Rick/Genis
first you have no prove his was arguement above his adamtium skeleton.

It a fact that was the only stated up grade.

It fact he was never down graded.

it fact you have nothing and are merely saying stuff with no evidence to prove it.

There realy not a thing detah wolevrien did that none detah wolverien has not done or could do.

You wanna have there arguement which me and jinzin and srank have had with countless people on the board and have proven people wrong over and over again. Be my guest.

I don't understand why you're getting so defensive... Here I go:

First of all: I never said ANYTHING that requires me to show proof
Secondly: I don't care if it never Stated flat out that Apocalypse didn't augment him... it's widely known that Apocalypse Augments EVERY horsemen he creates.
Thirdly: Pertaining Your Anger over me not commenting on his getting his adamantium back... I DIDN'T COMMENT ON IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T DISAGREE WITH YOU!!! . Stop arguing things I agree with you on... it makes life more pleasant. And Please just TRY to check your spelling.

capt it up
I don't understand why you're getting so defensive... Here I go:

First of all: I never said ANYTHING that requires me to show proof
Secondly: I don't care if it never Stated flat out that Apocalypse didn't augment him... it's widely known that Apocalypse Augments EVERY horsemen he creates.
Thirdly: Pertaining Your Anger over me not commenting on his getting his adamantium back... I DIDN'T COMMENT ON IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T DISAGREE WITH YOU!!! . Stop arguing things I agree with you on... it makes life more pleasant. And Please just TRY to check your spelling.
I am not getting defensive your just using the same lame attempt as many before have used.

The fact is he was aguemented by getting his adamatium skeleton as stated.
That was it. it was the only thing stated. He never got his aguements takens away. So If he was agument beyond that even though it was never ounce stated then who took it away? arch angles kept his till they got caught off. Caliban still has his. The fact is all he got was his skeleton back as stated and nothing beyond that.

Soleran
Death Wolverine almost killed Hulk

Death Wolverine WALKED through a huge blast of Cyclops

Death Wolverine destroyed a door that X-man was holding with TK.

These are not normal Wolverine things, anyway.

Cable still wins this fight.

Rick/Genis
I am not getting defensive your just using the same lame attempt as many before have used.

The fact is he was aguemented by gettign his adamatium skeleton as stated.
That was it. it was the only thing stated. He never got his aguements takens away. So If he was agument beyond that even though it was never ounce stated then who took it away? arch angles kept his till they got caught off. Caliban still has his. The fact is all he got was his skeleton back as stated and nothing beyond that.

What Attempt? I'm not attempting anything. Just questioning what you wrote.

Really doesn't matter anyway, because I do believe cable would still win this fight...

capt it up
What Attempt? I'm not attempting anything. Just questioning what you wrote.

Really doesn't matter anyway, because I do believe cable would still win this fight...

current wins no problem how ever I not sure if classic wins and if so it not a slaughter

Rick/Genis
Not a slaughter... but I think he'd win.

capt it up
Death Wolverine almost killed Hulk
Ya a hulk who healing factor was weakened. It not a big surprise. Logan actually fear worse in that fight then he nomraly does how ever he was able to land a hit in Hulks throat which is not beyond his powers. He been able to do it before such as in Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine vs. The Incredible Hulk issue 61

Death Wolverine WALKED through a huge blast of Cyclops
Wolverine taken scots blast full force ones with out being moved before.

Death Wolverine destroyed a door that X-man was holding with TK.
It was being held shut and logan was clawing through it which again is with in logan abilities to do.

These are not normal Wolverine things, anyway.
Says you, but what you say is not fact.

Soleran
Says you, but what you say is not fact.

Maybe however what I say is a fact though.

Cable takes the mjority over Wolverine

even weak TK is gonna schmoke him.

capt it up
Maybe however what I say is a fact though.

Cable takes the mjority over Wolverine

even weak TK is gonna schmoke him.
no what you said was not fact

weak TK? how about pritty much no TK since it was all spent on his virus.

Rick/Genis
okay... so basically you're saying that a cable without telepathy could win against Wolverine.... that's fair. Too bad he ussually HAS it, so your point is moot.

Soleran
no what you said was not fact

weak TK? how about pritty much no TK since it was all spent on his virus.

Dude even classic cable had enough powers to use against X-man, so stifle it.

Haha and you didn't get my play on words, wasted on some folks I tell you.

xmarksthespot
Wolverine taken scots blast full force ones with out being moved before. blink when?

capt it up
okay... so basically you're saying that a cable without telepathy could win against Wolverine.... that's fair. Too bad he ussually HAS it, so your point is moot.
no I saying a extremely weaken tk and telepathic powers are gunna have a hard time actaully putting logan down.

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
blink when?

I try and find the issue I may even have a scann of it.

Rick/Genis
But if he focuses what little TK he has around Wolverines throat... well, what say you?

capt it up
Dude even classic cable had enough powers to use against X-man, so stifle it.

Haha and you didn't get my play on words, wasted on some folks I tell you.

classic cable had one good showing vs x-man. That was far from his cosistent abiltiy. cable conistently used weapons ove rhis powers due to the fact the virus weaken him greatly.

I really don't care who wins this since it no longer classic cable. How ever logan not gettign curb stompped in the elast.

capt it up
But if he focuses what little TK he has around Wolverines throat... well, what say you?
He better hope he really far way from logan or did you for gett logan can hold his breath many times longer then a normal human?

Rick/Genis
If he crushes his windpipe and keeps it crushed... hmm... Not to mention, what's to stop him from just giving Logan a heart attack? is that beyond the abilities of Cable?

capt it up
If he crushes his windpipe and keeps it crushed... hmm... Not to mention, what's to stop him from just giving Logan a heart attack? is that beyond the abilities of Cable?
have you ever seen cable do this? Also you do reealizes he need to sue uite a bit of TK to do that and that could cause him self to die.

Not to mention what would stop logan from healing and getting back up?

Rick/Genis
Okay, if Cable can fling a Chair at a door with his mind... then WHY can't he push someone's heart down into their stomache and out into the open air? the body is very maleable, save wolvie's bones... and if you say he'll regrow a ****in' heart then this "seemingly" legitamit conversation is over!

capt it up
Okay, if Cable can fling a Chair at a door with his mind... then WHY can't he push someone's heart down into their stomache and out into the open air? the body is very maleable, save wolvie's bones... and if you say he'll regrow a ****in' heart then this "seemingly" legitamit conversation is over!

Logan body is actaully enchanced human not normal human. Also how do you push in his heart when he can't break logan ribs? Also logans body is beyond human durability

So Logan who is immortal can not regrow a heart?

Seeing as how Logan has had his heart exploded and then he regrow it such as in Nick Fury Secret War.

So if you find it not legitamit to state some thing logan has done and which is with in his own power set to do then well maybe you should brush up on your knowledge of the character you are debating.

Rick/Genis
Logan body is actaully enchanced human not normal human. Also how do you push in his heart when he can't break logan ribs? Also logans body is beyond human durability

So Logan who is immortal can not regrow a heart?

Seeing as how Logan has had his heart exploded and then he regrow it such as in Nick Fury Secret War.

So if you find it not legitamit to state some thing logan has done and which is with in his own power set to do then well maybe you should brush up on your knowledge of the character you are debating.
That's so ****ing ridiculous! I'm done arguing this.. You think it's not PIS and complete and utter bullshit that Someone who's had his hand shot off in alternate Realities (Yes, that's not cannonicle but it's still happened to basically the same character) and NOT grown it back can regrow his damn heart. It's people that argue this fanboy creation that make me hate wolverine more and more. I take it he should be able to beat lobo now, too right?

Wolverine is the ultimate posterboy for marvel and now should just be able to beat galactus with his claws and his healing. This is freaking ridiculous. If he's immortal, then maybe he shouldn't even be argued and should be banned from this forum all together.

FACT: Bones don't grow back, same with Organs... FACT FACT FACT!!!!

Human's heal too, same as wolverine, just not as fast... that was the point of his creation... he heals FASTER than the average human, he doesn't heal things that DON'T FREAKING HEAL!!!

If he's this powerful then why do you say the other cable can beat him.

Anyway, you have just made this argument pointless, and I will no longer respond to it. Sorry.. bye.

Sparkz
When Logan was Death Didn't he punch a huge steel door down while X-man was holding it back? That doesn't seem like something Wolverine normally does, I know someone earlier said that Logan was clawing at it, but it looked like it was being punched and even if he was clawing at it how could he Cause Nate to truly Struggle with when all he was doing was pushing against a door with TK?

Didn't he also have psychic abilities as Angle stated "Its a psionic attack! He's taking out the telpaths first" And Death wasn't even to be seen at that point. Now last time I checked Wolverine doesn't have psychic powers.

He also took on a full force barrage of TK from Jean and just stood there.

Hell I can even be as petty as to say he deflected a small TK blast from Jean with his sword.

Now this seems like a very augmented Wolverine to me, granted after that one story he never seemed to show much of anything eles maybe it was just supposed to hype Death up but this still all happend.

Sparkz
That's so ****ing ridiculous! I'm done arguing this.. You think it's not PIS and complete and utter bullshit that Someone who's had his hand shot off in alternate Realities (Yes, that's not cannonicle but it's still happened to basically the same character) and NOT grown it back can regrow his damn heart. It's people that argue this fanboy creation that make me hate wolverine more and more. I take it he should be able to beat lobo now, too right?

Wolverine is the ultimate posterboy for marvel and now should just be able to beat galactus with his claws and his healing. This is freaking ridiculous. If he's immortal, then maybe he shouldn't even be argued and should be banned from this forum all together.

Human's heal too, same as wolverine, just not as fast... that was the point of his creation... he heals FASTER than the average human, he doesn't heal things that DON'T FREAKING HEAL!!!

Anyway, you have just made this argument pointless, and I will no longer respond to it. Sorry.. bye.

Actually Logan does regrow organs and stuff never liked it but he's done it a couple of times, he's also immortal so even if died he'd be back

ExtraMision5555
(off subject)
speaking of death,

is gambit a horsemen right now?

capt it up

capt it up
Originally posted by Sparkz
When Logan was Death Didn't he punch a huge steel door down while X-man was holding it back? That doesn't seem like something Wolverine normally does, I know someone earlier said that Logan was clawing at it, but it looked like it was being punched and even if he was clawing at it how could he Cause Nate to truly Struggle with when all he was doing was pushing against a door with TK?

Didn't he also have psychic abilities as Angle stated "Its a psionic attack! He's taking out the telpaths first" And Death wasn't even to be seen at that point. Now last time I checked Wolverine doesn't have psychic powers.

Hell I can even be as petty as to say he deflected a small TK blast from Jean with his sword.

Now this seems like a very augmented Wolverine to me, granted after that one story he never seemed to show much of anything eles maybe it was just supposed to hype Death up but this still all happend.

No he used his claws

He had a device given to him from apoc

He had TK protection in his armor.

all was stated with in the comics. The mental device was a one time thing though and it was like an energy attack.

jinzin

ughhh no he doesn't...

cable and wolverine made a reference to them having had multiple battles in new mutants 92 and 93, never there being an official winner.. hell in that very fight logan plasters cable with a solid right boasting that he doesn't even need claws to beat cables ass, whether that's true or not I don't care, but were those close out on impact.. cable would be no more.

jinzin
Anyone out there got scans of these 2 ever fighting?

actually I got all their fights..

the first2was in new mutants 93, it's a stalemate.
the seconsds in an x force book during the x ecutioner's song saga, they're stalemaiting again till bishop lends a hand to wolverine.
the third was another x factor book vs. deathwerine.. I think it's more or less a stalemate until wolverine falls off of a ledge which isn't technically a win on the forums anyways....

all their other referenced fights occur off panal, all noted have been stalemates.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by jinzin
ughhh no he doesn't...

cable and wolverine made a reference to them having had multiple battles in new mutants 92 and 93, never there being an official winner.. hell in that very fight logan plasters cable with a solid right boasting that he doesn't even need claws to beat cables ass, whether that's true or not I don't care, but were those close out on impact.. cable would be no more.

Cable proved that claim wrong you do realise?he popped wolverine after some H2H combat who then popped out his claws and even then at the end cable was holding him in the air,so he could have simply tossed him away.

jinzin

not really.

wolverine was augmented.. sure.. he was given an adamntium skeleton.. but that was it...

any other enhancements were stated as a part of his suit, grenades, energy blasts, psionic defenses, adamntium sword, a como mode on his suit, teleportation.... HOWEVER, no enhancements were made for his physical stature, at least non of his weapons came into play during his fight with cable..

everything in terms of durability, or strength, whatnot that deathwerine was doing, wolverine has either done before, or been doing since, so I really don't see how people can automatically write deathverine off like his feats don't matter.

jinzin
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Cable proved that claim wrong you do realise?he popped wolverine after some H2H combat who then popped out his claws and even then at the end cable was holding him in the air,so he could have simply tossed him away.

what part of my post weren't you paying attention to? confused

like I said, whether what wolverine said was true or not, I don't really care, the fact is that if his claws were OUT that fight would have been over in the first hit... same as their second fight...

as for cable holding him in the air.. yeah holding him in the air, about to lose his arm.. big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin

actually war hulk's physical enhancements WERE stated, that's were we found that hulk actually derives his power and reserves of strength from a pocket demension, the suit that apocalypse gace him drew power from a second pocket demension which was explained to be the green glow around hulk during that saga. His enhancements were stated no such thing exists for wolverine other than what was already described.

jinzin

actually that wasn't aoa fury that was house of m or hom fury... and probably because it never actually happened outside of wanda's imagination. erm

Martian_mind
what part of my post weren't you paying attention to? confused

like I said, whether what wolverine said was true or not, I don't really care, the fact is that if his claws were OUT that fight would have been over in the first hit... same as their second fight...

as for cable holding him in the air.. yeah holding him in the air, about to lose his arm.. big deal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Despite that fact that he was holding the Him with the cybernetic one which he showed he could fix roll eyes (sarcastic) good for wolverine.Anyway if just once cable used enough TK to just give Woverine an enurism that wouldn't make him lose control even classic could lift a hammer,so he would have enough strength to scramble wolvies braincells,thus your claw point is moot as in all their in comic fights,cable has never used TK.

jinzin

in terms of physical feats... yes.. that's the assumption.

again most of the physical feats that deathverine performed wolverine's at some point ALREADY DONE ANYWAYS...

although when as wolverine these would be considered high end feats, in wolverine 166 logan states that apacalypse made him realize what'd he'd REALLY be like if he wasn't holding himself back. what he was REALLY capible of.

Rewmac
Current Cable would wipe the floor with Logan. Teleporting him into the space, blowing his heart, brains out. Better I suppose with the high classed TK Cable had in his tip top form he could have ripped the adamantium out of Wolverine and that we know would hurt him a lot.

jinzin
Despite that fact that he was holding the Him with the cybernetic one which he showed he could fix roll eyes (sarcastic) good for wolverine.Anyway if just once cable used enough TK to just give Woverine an enurism that wouldn't make him lose control even classic could lift a hammer,so he would have enough strength to scramble wolvies braincells,thus your claw point is moot as in all their in comic fights,cable has never used TK.

considering that they've have numerous fights and cable
sever dones this it's not moot.
considering that wolverine has a 100% batting average of hitting cable in a fight it's not moot.
considering that cis isn't exempt from these battles, it ain't moot and considering the question
how much concentration and time is needed to perform something like that for classic cable?

cause if it's more time than this:this:http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-17.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-18.jpg

IT AIN'T MOOT

Rewmac
Telepathic Abilities (mind readin) >>> Wolverine....Nuff said

capt it up
Originally posted by Rewmac
Telepathic Abilities (mind readin) >>> Wolverine....Nuff said
were not talking about current cable. were talken classic.

also mind raping logan a lot easy said then done.

Not only does he have animal side, but his mind is harder the enter any ways and then add in the level 9 tp blocker.

jinzin

so let me get this straight, you talk about cable doing something that could possibly kill him, something that is against this scope of CIS to do, something that we've never seen or heard him do before and that's okay?

BUT

if cap retorts with wolverine doing something that we've seen him do, something that we KNOW is within his ability to do, something HE HAS DONE BEFORE... more than once.....

then it's automatically not a legit conversation anymore?

What the f**k?

roll eyes (sarcastic) figures. pffft

jinzin

sigh.....

unfortunately your "facts" don't hold much presidence over a fictionalized, irrational mutated superpower I'm afraid.

the "fact" is that wolverine CAN heal things that can't be healed, that's been part of his character since the mid 80's now.

you can't heal from mortal wounds, crushed organs, missing dody parts.. wolverine does.

as for aoa wolverine.. sure he got his hand blasted off by cyclops in a noncanonical world, but does that hold much barring over 616 wolverine who DOES regrow limbs? and who DOES stand up to full power cyk blasts with only singes to show for it? I think not.

Redatom65
I wonder when this'll reach page 22 like the Wolverine v.s Wonder Woman thread

Soleran
so let me get this straight, you talk about cable doing something that could possibly kill him, something that is against this scope of CIS to do, something that we've never seen or heard him do before and that's okay?

Cable won't kill people?

Classic Cable also did have enough control over his powers that he could fly and shield with TK and beat X-man. That's more then enough to take down Wolverine.

Not to mention KO's equal a win which is well within Cable's TK powers with scrambling brains and such.

Rewmac
were not talking about current cable. were talken classic.

also mind raping logan a lot easy said then done.

Not only does he have animal side, but his mind is harder the enter any ways and then add in the level 9 tp blocker.

Sorry, you got me wrong I wasn't talking about mindraping. I was talking about Telepathy. Mind reading. Godlike Cable would be able to know what Logan wants to do before Logan.

Classic Cable would be owned. Seriously okay he has some cool feats like knocking out The Hulk from Green to Grey. But if the hunt is on I suppose Wolverine would hunt him down. But Cable ability to feel people behind him is also good. But if Wolvie is fast enough he can do him up, but if he isn't a TK Blast will send him flying with his flesh melting.
Other possiblity full classic Cable (beginning of his appearences) more gunz than brains stuff. That one surely be wiped by Wolverine.

jinzin

well we do have to consider a number of things here...

he was stated to be shredding through the door by cyclops at the time, assuming this is true it COULD be just artist inperpretation vs. storytelling and nothing more...

for a second explanation there's the possibility that he was using his grenades and/or energy blasts that he used to damage colosus and rogue with, characters well more durable than titanium... we never DO see wolverine pummbling the door barefisted

a third explanation could be that his suit's psionic failsafes were making x-man's contribution a non factor there, wolverine's admantium powered punches should EASILY be able to pummble titanium,

actually these all have two very easily explained circumstances.. one, wolverine again... had psionic failsafes as part of his hardware... any tk or tp attacks attmepted on him were practically worthless...

second, he engaged nearly all of his enemies with some degree of prep.

batman regularly pulls stunts like this, but no one questions him when it comes to h2h brawls, so I continue to wonder why the same doesn't hold true for wolverine?

Redatom65
anyway cable wins straightup no expression

jinzin
Cable won't kill people?

Classic Cable also did have enough control over his powers that he could fly and shield with TK and beat X-man. That's more then enough to take down Wolverine.

Not to mention KO's equal a win which is well within Cable's TK powers with scrambling brains and such. never said that, you're just assuming all out again...

cable's also knocked himself unconsious just fighting in h2h while concentrating on keeping his virus under control....

that said, the brainscrambling thing I've already argued against...

jinzin
Originally posted by Redatom65
anyway cable wins straightup no expression current versions: I agree.

Soleran
never said that, you're just assuming all out again...

cable's also knocked himself unconsious just fighting in h2h while concentrating on keeping his virus under control....

that said, the brainscrambling thing I've already argued against...

I didn't assume one thing (irony pouring out here.) I asked a question, you responded with a snide comment.

Great so lets use all the low showings that makes alot of sense, right.

The brainscrambling thing is a viable tactic agaisnt Wolverine, Cable knows it won't kill Wolverine.

Once again Classic Cable for the win unless like Rewmac said his VERY first showings where he wasn't a child of the summers.

jinzin
I didn't assume one thing (irony pouring out here.) I asked a question, you responded with a snide comment.

Great so lets use all the low showings that makes alot of sense, right.

The brainscrambling thing is a viable tactic agaisnt Wolverine, Cable knows it won't kill Wolverine.

Once again Classic Cable for the win unless like Rewmac said his VERY first showings where he wasn't a child of the summers.

Not necessarily low showings, I'm just saying cable might be able to do that, but not all the time, you can't assume that his high end showings set up the standard when they're out of character.

lets face it, classic cable and wolverine have had battles all were stalemates, all battles mentioned to have taken place before THAT, were stalemates, not to mention the fact that wolverine, powerless has faired better against lady deathstrike and omega red at the same time than cable did against omega red alone...

then of course there's the fact that captain america's been all over classic cable, deadpool...fought cable to numberous stalemates.

sabretooth, bashed cables face in.

cables', had a real tough time subduing caliban... wolverine did it in 3 punches.

cable's been helpless at gr's hands, wolverine stalemated gr.. twice.

you can't just ignore all the facts in place of your own assumptions.. classic cable does not mop the floor with logan.. period.

Soleran
you can't just ignore all the facts in place of your own assumptions.. classic cable does not mop the floor with logan.. period.

I never said Classic Cable would mop the floor with Wolverine, not anywhere in this thread.

The only person ASSuming here is you.

jinzin
then why are you arguing with me? that's what I've been responding to since I entered this thread... (the issue of classic cable vs. wolverine)

if I'm at fault for assuming here, it's only based off your own incompetence.

Redatom65
was that a mean pun!?!?!?! Let the insults fly up until page 16

Soleran
then why are you arguing with me? that's what I've been responding to since I entered this thread... (the issue of classic cable vs. wolverine)

if I'm at fault for assuming here, it's only based off your own incompetence.

Haha save the ASSualts here because you get frustrated.

You're inability to read and comprehend before posting a response is your own ineptitude lets not pass the buck. We've all done it at sometime in the past just don't get defensive, you got called on it.

Rick/Genis
not really.

wolverine was augmented.. sure.. he was given an adamntium skeleton.. but that was it...

any other enhancements were stated as a part of his suit, grenades, energy blasts, psionic defenses, adamntium sword, a como mode on his suit, teleportation.... HOWEVER, no enhancements were made for his physical stature, at least non of his weapons came into play during his fight with cable..

everything in terms of durability, or strength, whatnot that deathwerine was doing, wolverine has either done before, or been doing since, so I really don't see how people can automatically write deathverine off like his feats don't matter.

Well it negates what Deathverine did to cable as he wouldn't be wearing any form of psyblocker unless stated as wearing such item in the beginning of the thread.

jinzin
Haha save the ASSualts here because you get frustrated.

You're inability to read and comprehend before posting a response is your own ineptitude lets not pass the buck. We've all done it at sometime in the past just don't get defensive, you got called on it.

nonsense, what I've been arguing for and against is clear since I've come into this thread.. don't backtrack to save face.

Martian_mind
considering that they've have numerous fights and cable
sever dones this it's not moot.
considering that wolverine has a 100% batting average of hitting cable in a fight it's not moot.
considering that cis isn't exempt from these battles, it ain't moot and considering the question
how much concentration and time is needed to perform something like that for classic cable?

cause if it's more time than this:this:http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-17.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/crfroma/Wolverinev1-068-18.jpg

IT AIN'T MOOT

Yes they have fought many times and cable has never done that,i thought i actually said that in my first post.Tell me,in all their many fights has wolverine ever speedblitzed cable?If so then those scans are moot because cable has always held his own.As for the mental challenge,an enurism is a blood clot that stops blood reaching the brain it doesn't even need to be a centimetre in volume and it will completely incapacitate wolverine.

Unfortunately for wolverine if his healing factor tries to overcompensate to regain the blood,his brain blows up,a win for cable.Yes i know cable has never done this,but when has woverine ever laid a lethal strike when his claws are drawn?

jinzin
Well it negates what Deathverine did to cable as he wouldn't be wearing any form of psyblocker unless stated as wearing such item in the beginning of the thread.

true enough, and I don't much care how badly the more current versions of cable would plow wolverine, since that's really more of a non fight than an actual challenge.

jinzin
Yes they have fought many times and cable has never done that,i thought i actually said that in my first post.Tell me,in all their many fights has wolverine ever speedblitzed cable?If so then those scans are moot because cable has always held his own.As for the mental challenge,an enurism is a blood clot that stops blood reaching the brain it doesn't even need to be a centimetre in volume and it will completely incapacitate wolverine. uhh yeah he did in both of their first two fights actually.

Unfortunately for wolverine if his healing factor tries to overcompensate to regain the blood,his brain blows up,a win for cable.Yes i know cable has never done this,but when has woverine ever laid a lethal strike when his claws are drawn?
no, out of charity. both occasions were circumstantial and not an affliction of cis but of the occasion.. what's cable's excuse?

Rick/Genis
sigh.....

unfortunately your "facts" don't hold much presidence over a fictionalized, irrational mutated superpower I'm afraid.

the "fact" is that wolverine CAN heal things that can't be healed, that's been part of his character since the mid 80's now.

you can't heal from mortal wounds, crushed organs, missing dody parts.. wolverine does.

as for aoa wolverine.. sure he got his hand blasted off by cyclops in a noncanonical world, but does that hold much barring over 616 wolverine who DOES regrow limbs? and who DOES stand up to full power cyk blasts with only singes to show for it? I think not.

I thought the only difference between the AoA world and 616 was suppossed to be that Apocalypse is ruler and charles is dead. I wasn't aware that Every character had different abilities as well and wolverine WASN'T the same character. Shame on me.

As for the Heart moving... what would stop Cable from doing it if he can move something else that is physically tougher... that's all I was saying. I don't need you to be sarcastic toward me. I was asking what's to stop him... that was it. And again, deathverine had enhancements that NORMAL wolverine does not, regardless of whether or not it was done to his body or a suit he wore. The fight between them is not relevent because cable would normally be able to use his TK (which apparently he couldn't against death due to his suit )

Soleran
nonsense, what I've been arguing for and against is clear since I've come into this thread.. don't backtrack to save face.

Seriously dude, show me where I am backtracking AT ALL. Show me where I said Classic Cable mops the floor with Wolverine.

Since it's not there and it's you making statements based off ASSumptions then crying when you are called on it you need to just chill out.

I recomend you move on with this slighted debate now that you are blowing wind.

It is within Classic Cables powers to pull an upset on Wolverine consistently.

Current Cable mops the floor with Wolverine.

jinzin
I thought the only difference between the AoA world and 616 was suppossed to be that Apocalypse is ruler and charles is dead. I wasn't aware that Every character had different abilities as well and wolverine WASN'T the same character. Shame on me.

well to be honest, in aoa he's not even called wolverine.. in aoa he's reffered to as weapon x..

wolverine in aoa is sebastion shaw working under apocalypse...

in any case.. yes the characters are more or less SIMILAR to their 616 counterparts and they DO have the same basic powers however they ARE different..

this was proven when darkbeast entered 616, though he's still beast he's weaker than his mainstream counterpart, he's also faster, but less agile and sabretooth marked that he had a distinctly different scent than the 616 version.... sabretooth can match up parents to children by their scent and STILL he marked aoa beast as different.. kinda tells me they must be different then.

As for the Heart moving... what would stop Cable from doing it if he can move something else that is physically tougher... that's all I was saying. I don't need you to be sarcastic toward me. I was asking what's to stop him... that was it. And again, deathverine had enhancements that NORMAL wolverine does not, regardless of whether or not it was done to his body or a suit he wore. The fight between them is not relevent because cable would normally be able to use his TK (which apparently he couldn't against death due to his suit )

I don't care what current cable can do, classic cable couldn't do that due to the fact that taking the focus of his powers off his virus would result in his death during a h2h fight.. so what's to stop him? well... THAT.. and wolverine hacking away at him.

Martian_mind
uhh yeah he did in both of their first two fights actually.

no, out of charity. both occasions were circumstantial and not an affliction of cis but of the occasion.. what's cable's excuse?
In their first fight Cable snuck up on Wolverine,and there was not a speedblitz if i recall correctly.

And cables excuse is CIS,he could defeat most opponents that way if he had wanted but he chooses not too,I think the reason neither is willing to use both their abilities to the fullest is because they want to see who's H2H is better,hell cable says he wants to see once and for all to death wolverine.Personally i think all out Classic cable 7/10 cable Vs wolverine with claws is Wolverine 7/10 and Just H2H is an even 5/5 split.

jinzin
Seriously dude, show me where I am backtracking AT ALL. Show me where I said Classic Cable mops the floor with Wolverine.

Since it's not there and it's you making statements based off ASSumptions then crying when you are called on it you need to just chill out.

I recomend you move on with this slighted debate now that you are blowing wind.

It is within Classic Cables powers to pull an upset on Wolverine consistently.

Current Cable mops the floor with Wolverine.

OMFG

you RETORTED vs. a post that I made in reply to rick, who was under the assumption that classic cable wins.. kinda makes it look like you think he wins too, it's not complicated to follow.

as for classic cable, he'd need to prove it first.. he never did

jinzin
In their first fight Cable snuck up on Wolverine,and there was not a speedblitz if i recall correctly. the next attack was wolverine speedblitzing cable, punching him before cable could even react...

And cables excuse is CIS,he could defeat most opponents that way if he had wanted but he chooses not too, EXACTLY, and cis isn't exempt from these debates.

Redatom65
wolverine batkicks cable and then uses his healing factor to gain quadrouple the strength. To make him Galactus par. Game ova

Match over

ExtraMision5555
Classic cable had pertty mininal TK, correct?

well, recently, deadpool beat cable's anus pertty much in pure h2h, cable was getting rocked untill he got his TK back,

if i recall correctly, classic cables tk wasnt THAT awsome

and going by that showing, wolverine SHOULD, be able to handle classic cable

jinzin
SOLERAN:

for what it's worth, I'm sorry, I know that these things can kinda get outa control after a while, and everyone's not always on the same page, so my bad for jumping down your throat. i apologize.

jinzin

well, recently, deadpool beat cable's anus pertty much in pure h2h, cable was getting rocked untill he got his TK back,

pretty much "EXACTLY" on par there. wink

Martian_mind
the next attack was wolverine speedblitzing cable, punching him before cable could even react...

EXACTLY, and cis isn't exempt from these debates.

Not once in that fight is cable speedblitzed confused i have the 2 issues infront of me and after cable hit's wolverine the first time wolverine lunges and gets cracked in the noggin again.

I know CIS isn't exempt from debates,which is why i said ALL-OUT CABLE takes it are we clear on that?As for the "he needs to prove this power claim"just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't.By your logic LT Couldn't destroy a universe because he has never done it on panel. roll eyes (sarcastic) I know what you'll say "well if that's the case then it means that for all we know wolverine could shoot rainbow lasers from his arse" but no because this is simply Cable Utilising his powerset in a certain way,not a new ability.

Redatom65
(martian mind love your sig)

Martian_mind

Would you also like to mention how in that issue that cable was recording a tape to show the world how evil deadpool was and even said he was holding back?or are you referring to when cables Virius was running rampant and slowly killing him?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Redatom65
(martian mind love your sig)

Thanks big grin Questions always good.

Redatom65
well i'm a big fan of BRB and an ultra fanboy of atom and I love juggy. three charcters who are a ok with me

jinzin
Not once in that fight is cable speedblitzed confused i have the 2 issues infront of me and after cable hit's wolverine the first time wolverine lunges and gets cracked in the noggin again.

I know CIS isn't exempt from debates,which is why i said ALL-OUT CABLE takes it are we clear on that?As for the "he needs to prove this power claim"just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't.By your logic LT Couldn't destroy a universe because he has never done it on panel. roll eyes (sarcastic) I know what you'll say "well if that's the case then it means that for all we know wolverine could shoot rainbow lasers from his arse" but no because this is simply Cable Utilising his powerset in a certain way,not a new ability.
hmmm I coulda swore wolverine decked him sans claws right after that sneak attack...

meh, he did it in their second fight then...

in any case.. no you're misunderstanding me, if cable chooses not to do something through cis then he can't... that's all..

as for you taking cis away, no that was not clear before...

finally, I still ask how much concentration or time he needs to do something like that?

Martian_mind
hmmm I coulda swore wolverine decked him sans claws right after that sneak attack...

meh, he did it in their second fight then...

in any case.. no you're misunderstanding me, if cable chooses not to do something through cis then he can't... that's all..

as for you taking cis away, no that was not clear before...

finally, I still ask how much concentration or time he needs to do something like that?

He doesn't need time for him to do this,once he pinches of the blood flow wolverine is incapable of moving and having seizures,and he'd only need to exert as much force that is used in moving ones finger.As i stated,yes cable would not do this due to CIS but a bloodlusted cable just might,get it?

StarsNeverFall7
In all honesty Cable really doesn't use that much of his power to keep the virus in check. About 27% percent. That gives him far more than enough to smack around Wolverine. His forcefield is constant as he always has it active, unless you count the two minutes after he bodyslides. Adding that, the TP and TK, stepping in between the moments, etc he smacks around Wolverine easily.

Cable takes it every time..

don't shiv
wolverine "how about a game of one on one"

Cable "whatever you say Wolverine..... but You'll Lose."

so one sided

spetznaz
Simple ...Cable wins.

Why?
Because it has been shown that one of the things that Wolverine's vaunted (read: Oft quoted and fanboy imbued) Adamantium claws cannot cut through is a forcefield.
Guess what Cable can throw up, down, about (and for a price he can even do so to Christmas carols)! Yep, forcefields.

What is even more interesting is that once an X-team (included Wolvie, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Colossus, Rogue, and maybe one or two I have forgotten .......plus Lady Deathstrike who had joined them after almost being killed by some Omega Sentinels) went against Stryfe (in essence, a clone of Cable).
Now, Wolvie did his whole (rather stupid and myopic) berserker attack against Stryfe, but his claws couldn't even pass through (at which point Stryfe told him that even though his claws can cut through almost anything, one of the things they cannot cut through is a forcefield ....particularly one backed by one of the most powerful minds yadayadayada).

Now, you have the clawed Mutie going against one of the more formidable psionic types around. A mutie who needs to be within physical reach of his foe to do harm, versus a potent mutant who can flay your skin from your bones with his bloody mind. A mutant whose major offensive potential is his (rather effective) claws, against someone whose offensive potential stems from his psionic capability (implying TK, TP, and with applied use even PK). A short runt of a Canadian versus some hombre who can literally make you kill yourself simply by planting the thought in ya noggin'!

Oh ....and to that add the fact that there is NOTHING that Wolverine could do to hurt Cable. Cable is absolutely invulnerable to Wolverine as long as he keeps his TK shields up. Now, it has been shown that it is possible to overload even the most powerful shields, but that capability is (sadly) not within Wolverine's grasp. All he could do is hack and slash and hack and slash and hack and ......to no avail.

Conclusion: Wolverine is out of his league here. He has no way of harming Cable, and Cable has several ingenious ways of hurting Wolverine (yes, I have priced Wolvie's 'healing factor' into that statement).

Asking if Wolverine can defeat Cable is ltantamount to asking if the Huntress can defeat Manchester Black! Or if Cyborg can defeat Despero. Or if Jubilee can triumph against Onslaught.

Cable 10/10.
Unless Wolverine miraculously develops other powers that can enable him to stand up to one of the more powerful TK/TP/Psi types around. And as far as I know Wolverine is still an 'Adamantium claw-Healing factor' pony.

python99
Originally posted by spetznaz
Simple ...Cable wins.

Why?
Because it has been shown that one of the things that Wolverine's vaunted (read: Oft quoted and fanboy imbued) Adamantium claws cannot cut through is a forcefield.
Guess what Cable can throw up, down, about (and for a price he can even do so to Christmas carols)! Yep, forcefields.

What is even more interesting is that once an X-team (included Wolvie, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Colossus, Rogue, and maybe one or two I have forgotten .......plus Lady Deathstrike who had joined them after almost being killed by some Omega Sentinels) went against Stryfe (in essence, a clone of Cable).
Now, Wolvie did his whole (rather stupid and myopic) berserker attack against Stryfe, but his claws couldn't even pass through (at which point Stryfe told him that even though his claws can cut through almost anything, one of the things they cannot cut through is a forcefield ....particularly one backed by one of the most powerful minds yadayadayada).

Now, you have the clawed Mutie going against one of the more formidable psionic types around. A mutie who needs to be within physical reach of his foe to do harm, versus a potent mutant who can flay your skin from your bones with his bloody mind. A mutant whose major offensive potential is his (rather effective) claws, against someone whose offensive potential stems from his psionic capability (implying TK, TP, and with applied use even PK). A short runt of a Canadian versus some hombre who can literally make you kill yourself simply by planting the thought in ya noggin'!

Oh ....and to that add the fact that there is NOTHING that Wolverine could do to hurt Cable. Cable is absolutely invulnerable to Wolverine as long as he keeps his TK shields up. Now, it has been shown that it is possible to overload even the most powerful shields, but that capability is (sadly) not within Wolverine's grasp. All he could do is hack and slash and hack and slash and hack and ......to no avail.

Conclusion: Wolverine is out of his league here. He has no way of harming Cable, and Cable has several ingenious ways of hurting Wolverine (yes, I have priced Wolvie's 'healing factor' into that statement).

Asking if Wolverine can defeat Cable is ltantamount to asking if the Huntress can defeat Manchester Black! Or if Cyborg can defeat Despero. Or if Jubilee can triumph against Onslaught.

Cable 10/10.
Unless Wolverine miraculously develops other powers that can enable him to stand up to one of the more powerful TK/TP/Psi types around. And as far as I know Wolverine is still an 'Adamantium claw-Healing factor' pony.

Damn

grey fox
Damn

Spetnaz is VERY thorough.

python99
Spetnaz is VERY thorough.

I know that now. but damn

jinzin
He doesn't need time for him to do this,once he pinches of the blood flow wolverine is incapable of moving and having seizures,and he'd only need to exert as much force that is used in moving ones finger.As i stated,yes cable would not do this due to CIS but a bloodlusted cable just might,get it?

non cis cable could do this..

given what said is true..

any scans or proof for the time/concentration factors I asked about?

Rick/Genis
Sooo... you won't respond to what speznaz said?

capt it up
Sooo... you won't respond to what speznaz said?
no need for him to. His whole defense is around a force field. which is great in theory however wolverine has cut force fields many times.

also he not talking about classic cable either

Soleran
no need for him to. His whole defense is around a force field. which is great in theory however wolverine has cut force fields many times.

also he not talking about classic cable either

That is classic cable.

Or better yet Capt, you tell me WHAT period of Cable defines him as "classic" and we can go from there.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>