Vodo vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mizukage Yoda
THis time Vodo has a double Bladed saber to match his Students stick out tongue

Advent
Exar wins with little, if any, exertion.

Mizukage Yoda
Explain

xxXAcStylesXxx
Theres no need too Kun still owns the shit out of him.

Advent
There's not much to explain. Exar Kun was able to best Vodo when he was merely a student, and as we see later on, Vodo "doesn't stand a chance against Exar Kun", and is "no match" for him. What will be different now? Exar can outduel him, his stick is irrelevant given that he wields it as well as any lightsaber (source: POTJSB).

Anyways, an amulet blast would destroy Vodo, along with the myriad of Sith abilities he possesses, he really doesn't even need to waste time in bladed combat.

Plus, you're giving Vodo a weapon he has absolutely no experience with, nor knows jack shit about (as Exar created the first known double blade). I would go into further depth, but this thread really doesn't deserve it as it's basically a squash.

jollyjim311
It was a "Furious" battle the first time, but, Vodo has never used a double bladed saber.

Exar... again.

darthsith19
Um, Kun won once and there's no reason why he wouldn't do it again. The double-bladed lightsaber will just f*ck Vodo up since he's never used one before.

HK69
Arm Vodo with his regular weapon, and he definitely wins this. However, with an unfamiliar weapon, he'd have to force a force duel, which he could possibly pull off.

Darth Sexy
rofl.. right

HK69
Wonderful rebuttal.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Considering how idiotic your response was, it was a wonderful rebuttal

Advent
HK69, the sheer ignorance you've displayed in the three posts I've seen thus far is beyond my comprehension. However, I'll entertain your "argument" (if that's what you'd consider it) as it were.

Originally posted by HK69
Arm Vodo with his regular weapon, and he definitely wins this.

We have equipped Vodo with his walking stick, twice actually. As I'll make the assumption that you haven't actually read TOTJ (by your idiocy), I'll back up my reasonings in the form of logic, scans, and quotes.

"and had even bested Master Vodo's quarterstaff during sparring practice." (Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, pg. 102)

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3997/kundoublets6.th.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9326/padawankunmr1.th.png

Shown above is Exar Kun, before his creation of the double-bladed lightsaber, was able to best his former master as a mere student still under his tutelage. Vodo even goes so far as to title Exar Kun as "the most formidable ever had". Exar later goes on to create the aforementioned weapon, which disregarding the fact it was the first known (and thus unfamiliar to Vodo, which still applies now), we know numerous things about the blade itself. It's similar to a dual phase lightsaber, except Exar can modify the blades' length, which can be contracted to half a meter or protracted to a meter and half (which is longer than a customary blade).

Furthermore, he could adjust the degree of intensity the blade generates, through which could cause an opponent to lose their balance and be left open for a death blow (from Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology). Now, his hilt is also shorter than a standard hilt, too.

Anyways, the point is his style would be foreign to Vodo (and everyone in general, given that the style assumably died with Exar). That itself is a major advantage for Kun when you consider that he would know Vodo's style through the years of training he underwent with him.

This is put into effect later on in the series, when we see Vodo confront Exar inside the Senate Hall.

"In the process he once more faced his former master, Vodo Siosk Baas, this time armed with a double-bladed lightsaber of his own construction. Master Vodo did not have a chance, and fell to his former student." (Darkside Sourcebook, pg. 78)

"The two fought, and Vodo-Siosk Baas was no match for Exar Kun's double-bladed lightsaber and deep reserve of dark side power. Vodo-Siosk perished, slain by his former apprentice." (Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, pg. 102)

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/526/kunvododuel2xh2.th.png
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6293/vodokunduelwr7.th.png

As we see, Exar was being contemptuous with Vodo, trying to commute him to the dark side, when that fails, he casually steps back, ignites the other end of his lightsabers, gives a short sermon, and cleaves Vodo in two. Now, you could bring up the bullshit from earlier texts, however I find that to be highly irrelevant, anyways. If Vodo "did not have a chance" and "was no match" for Exar Kun, your assertions beg the question: what would be different now?

"Possibly pull off"? There's a snowballs chance in hell for Vodo in a force battle. I'd pose the question, "what proof to you have to back up that ass-ertion?", but I already realize the answer, none.

Vodo-Siosk Baas has exhibited a limited amount of force abilities, much less displays of having power remotely near Exar's own. We know that Exar has an innumerable amount of Sith abilities in his arsenal. Among which are: force whirlwind, force lightning, force grip, projected fighting, a technique which even post-RotJ Luke had no defense for, and Sith magic he's learned from Naga Sadow, and Freedon Nadd.

He's mastered Naga Sadow's teachings, and was described as "the darkest power in the galaxy". Along with such, he made Odan into his *****, the same Odan who stripped Ancient Sith for breakfast. He was also able to control thousands upon thousands of Senators effortlessly (able to walk around, fight, and talk with no strain whatsoever while in the act), and knows techniques Vodo hasn't even heard of. His Sith magic was able to knock out Aleema for an amount of time:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8224/kunaleemablast2pw4.th.png

Something Vodo hasn't shown to be able to defend against, not that he'd even be able to, anyways. He also is in possession of two Sith amulets apparently, which are said to "radically enhance the wearer's telekinetic ability", and are able to disintegrate Massassi (force users), a Sith Wyrm, and temple rock:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1476/sithbeastkunkd8.th.png
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/1344/kuntempleamuletak7.th.png
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2174/kunamulet23rbgw6.th.png

If you take a look at the gargantuan size of the beast, which is stated to "swallow Jedi whole in one bite", we see that Exar turns it into nothing more than rotted flesh, and bones; of course, he also disintegrates half the body, too. A finely placed amulet beam to Vodo would end the match in a sound second, which Exar can fire with no apparent downtime, and are seemingly instantaneous (or at least, rapid in fire rate).

Do tell, how does Vodo stand a chance? When the only relevant techniques he's demonstrated to know were summoning a walking stick, foresight, and only temporarily cutting off Ulic's use of the Force off? Also note that the latter was done with six other individuals, along with Nomi "Force Prodigy" Sunrider.

QED, noob.

General Kenobl
Damn, pwnedation by Advent.

Darth Sexy
http://hokiestone.net/v/WINSLOW-OWNED.gif

General Kenobl
That's added to my profile under Darth Sexy pwnage.

HK69
Vodo never went full out against Exar; in Jedi Academy, he contemplates how he could have stopped Exar and defeated him there and then in the Senate Hall, but he didn't out of love for his padawan. and blames himself for all the terror that followed.

And Vodo was extremely strong in the force; he was able to remain a spirit for about four thousand years, and help defeat Exar's own. He was also able to make his wooden staff as strong as a lightsaber, and utilised it to great effect.

And do tell how Exar's amulet blasts will have any effect on Vodo, given how insanely fast he is. Vodo would most likely jump over the amulet blasts, spin around Exar and break him into pieces with his stick.

Darth Sexy
A few things Advent. We know Odan stripped Ancient sith from the force, but you can't speculate which ancient sith, because from what we have seen, a lot of them are no better than an average Jedi, so that doesn't put Odan Urr on another pedastal. Next thing, where does it state his abilities? I don't have any of those sourcebooks..
Next thing. I won't argue with this because Kun is the most powerful being in the galaxy at his time, but how does being the darkest power in the galaxy equate to being the most powerful?
Next thing. And Lightsnake is right about this I think, but what did Kun learn from Nadd? There was nothing Nadd could have taught him according to the comics. All he was doing was goading him to the darkside, and he killed Nadd before Nadd could teach him, so I consider that speculative.
Last thing. I don't consider his stasis field to be very impressive, I don't think you would either, considering a mad dark Jedi did it with no effort whatsoever, so it's not a feat worth mentioning.

Darth Sexy
Vodo never went full out against Exar; in Jedi Academy, he contemplates how he could have stopped Exar and defeated him there and then in the Senate Hall, but he didn't out of love for his padawan. and blames himself for all the terror that followed.
It's irrelevant what Vodo's feelings were, this argument has been defeated time and time again. Vodo was no match for Exar Kun, as all the sourcebooks state, the end.

I take it you never read I, Jedi, so I won't bother. Not to mention his abilities as a spirit have nothing to do with his abilities as a living being. And him making his staff as strong as a saber doesn't really make him strong in the force, just skilled in certain areas.

I love this ridiculous argument. "Well his blasts were never shown to be used on a Jedi so they can't". Give me a break. It destroyed a sith wyrm, and made a giant hole in the Massassi temple. Whatever it hits, it destroys. Not to mention it's multiplied by the users rage, so it's not very limited in its power. And Vodo jump and spin around? Yes, because we've seen him move oh so fast.

Tangible God

And Vodo was extremely strong in the force; he was able to remain a spirit for about four thousand years, and help defeat Exar's own. He was also able to make his wooden staff as strong as a lightsaber, and utilised it to great effect.

And do tell how Exar's amulet blasts will have any effect on Vodo, given how insanely fast he is. Vodo would most likely jump over the amulet blasts, spin around Exar and break him into pieces with his stick. LMFAO.

I know I'm being an ass, but Jesus Christ, wtf is this?

HK69
Irrelevant? How so? The fact that he was holding back in such a way, of course he would be no match for Exar Kun, but that's not to say that he wouldn't be a match for Exar if he had in fact been going full out.

I think it would be you who hasn't read I, Jedi my friend. And his abilities as a spirit tell us a lot about his abilities as a living being; namely that whatever he did as a spirit, he would be able to do a thousand times better as a living being.

No, it makes him strong with the force...

I never said that.

Neither are as fast as Vodo, and neither have a valid defence.

When defenceless, yes...

Vodo was a member of an alien species that was noted for its speed, kind of like Yoda's, and judging by how strong with the force he is, and how quickly and agile he is able to move in the comic, I'd say it's safe to say that he could dodge them.

General Kenobl
Vodo isn't that weak. He's pretty powerful, but he's not much against the (what I consider) 2nd most (opinion) powerful Sith Lord.

Gideon
Vodo is no Yoda.

Tangible God
I think it would be you who hasn't read I, Jedi my friend. And his abilities as a spirit tell us a lot about his abilities as a living being; namely that whatever he did as a spirit, he would be able to do a thousand times better as a living being.er have a valid defence. Could not the same argument apply to Exar? Or are you gonna say that Exar's spirit was nothing compared to his old master's.

Especially since Vodo required the help of all the Jedi in the praxeum, the future Solo gods, and Luke too I think, I'm not sure if he did anything.

Yeah, it's obvious that Vodo's spirit by himself would tool Exar's. The evidence for that is overflowing.

Vodo is no Yoda.

HK69
Originally posted by Tangible God
Could not the same argument apply to Exar? Or are you gonna say that Exar's spirit was nothing compared to his old master's.

Especially since Vodo required the help of all the Jedi in the praxeum, the future Solo gods, and Luke too I think, I'm not sure if he did anything.

Yeah, it's obvious that Vodo's spirit by himself would tool Exar's. The evidence for that is overflowing.

Vodo is no Yoda.

Not in this sense, and I'll explain why. Sure, Exar's spirit was more impressive, and Exar was definitely stronger in the force, but when considering that Exar by TSW hadn't reached anywhere near his full potential, whereas Vodo quite clearly had, it doesn't quite make a case for Exar.

Tangible God
Not in this sense, and I'll explain why. Sure, Exar's spirit was more impressive, and Exar was definitely stronger in the force, but when considering that Exar by TSW hadn't reached anywhere near his full potential, whereas Vodo quite clearly had, it doesn't quite make a case for Exar. I honestly don't know what TSW stands for so I'll wing the timeline.

Exar had defeated Vodo, when he wasn't even at his full potential? Geez I'd hate to see him when he is.

Darth Sexy
That's too bad you can't predict what his potential is and when he can hit it.

HK69
Originally posted by Tangible God
I honestly don't know what TSW stands for so I'll wing the timeline.

Exar had defeated Vodo, when he wasn't even at his full potential? Geez I'd hate to see him when he is.

That wasn't my point, read over my post again, you might get it.

Darth Sexy
no thanks, bye sock.

Mizukage Yoda
What if Vodo was armed w/ a reglar saber

jollyjim311
Basically, Vodo isn't winning this.

Mizukage Yoda
Alright Then

kamhal
What's the point of making fights already seen? This debate is the same to me as the dooku versus anakin debate, exar kun won before, while shouldn't he win again? Obviously exar beats vodo...

Tangible God
This thread was pointless, but Mizukage Yoda thought that giving Vodo a weapon he had no experience with would perhaps tip the odds in his favour.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I love Exar Kun but I believe Yoda is way too much for him to overcome.

kamhal
who talked in yoda?

jollyjim311
Probably a misread for Vodo, no biggie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.