Thanos/Darksied vs. Odin/Shazam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Do the Good guys have what it takes to take out the stone faced Baddies?

Thanos/DS have one hour prep, no outside powerups.

They have to beat Shazam and Odin in Asgard on the Rock of Eternity.

Beta Ray Howard
Uh, yeah. That's a bit obvious that Thanos and Darkseid are toasted.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Uh, yeah. That's a bit obvious that Thanos and Darkseid are toasted.

I wouldn't be so sure. DS was able to beat Mordru a being at or near Odin's own lvl of power. And Thanos is well thanos. Seems more even than it appears.

mighty adam
.... right thanos mind with darksied's power/ evil tec= odin and shazam getting their ass beat very very bad.

mighty adam
plus thanos is the god of prep, but darksied is not that far behind. then darksied and the new gods got some of the best tec in the dcu.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Do the Good guys have what it takes to take out the stone faced Baddies?

Thanos/DS have one hour prep, no outside powerups.

They have to beat Shazam and Odin in Asgard on the Rock of Eternity.

Odin/Shazam

Bentley
Straight ahead Odin and Shazam win easily. With prep I have to say that Thanos and DS stand a chance, although one hour may not be enough.

Evangel94
If they weren't fighting in Asgard and the Rock of Eternity, then I might be slightly inclined to vote for Thanos and Darksied because of their prep.

But 1 hour of prep isn't enough.

Plus your fighting Odin in Asgard who can draw a lot extra energy from Asgard and the Asgardian people.

Homefield Advantage is greater than 1 hour prep.

Mider999
thanos is not even a factor in this battle, but that OE is a factor isnt it, if not then i just dont know, darkseid compared to other gods is suppose to be stronger then an entire pantheon combined.

Bentley
Thanos could be a factor thanks to his prep. Odin is strong compared to gods, the highest of the marvel skyfathers. You could argue about DS against Odin, but with Shazzam in the mix he really has no chance.

thanospimphand
Originally posted by Mider999
thanos is not even a factor in this battle, but that OE is a factor isnt it, if not then i just dont know, darkseid compared to other gods is suppose to be stronger then an entire pantheon combined.

darkseid isn't a factor either since he has been stomped by supes on many occations

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by thanospimphand
darkseid isn't a factor either since he has been stomped by supes on many occations

We are talking about KMC rules. No PIS or Jobber showings allowed on either side.

xmarksthespot
Does using mystical artifacts in the Rock of Eternity count as outside power-up for Shazam?

Evangel94
We are talking about KMC rules. No PIS or Jobber showings allowed on either side.

Darkseid has had too many jobber showings for all of them to be ignored.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Evangel94
Darkseid has had too many jobber showings for all of them to be ignored. He only has jobber showings against Superman. Neither Odin nor Shazam are protected by the source or Superman's jobber aura so those showigns dont' count for this battle.

Evangel94
He only has jobber showings against Superman. Neither Odin nor Shazam are protected by the source or Superman's jobber aura so those showigns dont' count for this battle.

That's a lot of showings to suddenly ignore. A few bad showings may be possible ignore, but not as many bad showings Darkseid has made recently in the last couple years.

He may have been very powerful figure in the past, I'll give him that, but now he's been DC has unofficially depowered him. We all have to simply live with it.

Juntai
That's a lot of showings to suddenly ignore. A few bad showings may be possible ignore, but not as many bad showings Darkseid has made recently in the last couple years. He may have been very powerful figure in the past, I'll give him that, but now he's been depowered and put down a few levels by DC. His two losses to Supes?
Supes beats everyone, shouldn't knock em down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Juntai
His two losses to Supes?
Supes beats everyone, shouldn't knock em down.

And if I remember correctly it isn't like DS lost to a regular Superman. Superman was getting his ass handed to him once until Diana Stepped in. The other If I remember correctly he was sun amped and DS got defeated by the Source wall, Not By Superman. Superman didn't even KNock DS out. DS was on the source wall concious.

boriquaking55
This has to be spite. Darkseid and Thanos lose 9/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by boriquaking55
This has to be spite. Darkseid and Thanos lose 9/10.

Spite against Whom?

boriquaking55
Against DS and Thanos of course.

Evangel94
Spite against Whom?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who do you think?

You may not like it or refuse to see it, but boriquaking55 is refering to spite against Darkseid and Thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who do you think?

You may not like it or refuse to see it, but he's refering to spite against Darkseid and Thanos.

That would just be Dumb. I"m like one of DS biggest Fans. I wouldn't make a spite thread against DS. Besides, Surely if Thanos Can give Odin a good run, Then DS with Thanos can team up to give Odin and Shazam a good run. Everyone knows DS fighting SUperman was jobber. He never used his reality powers or his superior Telepathy, which does work against Superman type beings. This is a close match. Shazam is nearly as powerful as Highfather, and from all Past showings DS kicks highfather's ass.

boriquaking55
That would just be Dumb. I"m like one of DS biggest Fans. I wouldn't make a spite thread against DS. Besides, Surely if Thanos Can give Odin a good run, Then DS with Thanos can team up to give Odin and Shazam a good run. Everyone knows DS fighting SUperman was jobber. He never used his reality powers or his superior Telepathy, which does work against Superman type beings. This is a close match. Shazam is nearly as powerful as Highfather, and from all Past showings DS kicks highfather's ass.

Ok, so by your definition, this is not spite - because DS is sooo much superior to Thanos, Highfather, and Shazam, having Thanos is not necessary.

I'm sure he could solo Odin & Shazam....in your mind

Evangel94

Wow...just..wow.

You just don't see it do you?

Trying to explain to you how Darkseid would lose is like trying to describe the color "purple" to a blind man.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wow...just..wow.

You just don't see it do you?

It's like trying to describe the color "purple" to a blind man.

I just love the way you turn my thread into a way to bash DS and sneak insult me. Way to go. Any way, You just don't see it do you? Superman has never beaten DS without outside mitagating circumstances. Show me Supers beating DS without a source wall or someone interfering and then your right. Until then, leave DS alone.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok, so by your definition, this is not spite - because DS is sooo much superior to Thanos, Highfather, and Shazam, having Thanos is not necessary.

I'm sure he could solo Odin & Shazam....in your mind

How do you know my mind? DS is Odin's Peer. Thanos is Shazam's Peer. Thank you for being able to read my mind. You need to upgrade to jean grey lvl. you got it wrong.

boriquaking55
How do you know my mind? DS is Odin's Peer. Thanos is Shazam's Peer. Thank you for being able to read my mind. You need to upgrade to jean grey lvl. you got it wrong.

There is nothing in recent years that has showed Darkseid is Odin's peer. How the heck can anyone make that conclusion? You're jumping to that assumption far too quickly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
There is nothing in recent years that has showed Darkseid is Odin's peer. How the heck can anyone make that conclusion? You're jumping to that assumption far too quickly.

I'm just going by DS recent use of the Omega creating Pocket Realities and Bitching all of the New Gods. Your right, That is not enough. Being able to destroy the 4th world and beating ALL of the New Gods and using the Omega (not the Ale) to create Pocket realities. And the fact that neither Odin nor Shazam are protected by the source like SUperman, gives DS some credit to be the equal of Odin.

Wally West
Thanos realising the spite in the match-up makes a strategic departure as soon as the fight starts and leaves Darkseid to get his ass kicked alone.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos realising the spite in the match-up makes a strategic departure as soon as the fight starts and leaves Darkseid to get his ass kicked alone.

I"m so sick of you KMC ers calling Spite all the damn time. It's not a spite thread. Who exactly is it a spite thread against? You could even look at it this way, DS could Defeat Shazam rather quickly while Thanos gives Odin another run for his money, Then DS and Thanos Double team Odin for the win. So spite against Whom? Or Odin could Take out Thanos and Help Shazam against DS if Shazam can do as well as he did against the depowered Spectre. This match is not spite, it's close. And given the fact that Thanos and DS have an hour prep, is amazing that people can call spite. DS was able to trap Ares wielding the God wave with prep.

Wally West
Thanos did not give Odin a run for his money, he just managed to survive the fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos did not give Odin a run for his money, he just managed to survive the fight.

It doesn't matter, Odin wasn't able to put him down fast. In a battle like this, If one person can survive long enough against the other, then it' becomes a two on one, in which either side clearly gets a victory then. So I fail to see the spite. forgive me if I dont'.

Evangel94
I"m so sick of you KMC ers calling Spite all the damn time. It's not a spite thread. Who exactly is it a spite thread against? You could even look at it this way, DS could Defeat Shazam rather quickly while Thanos gives Odin another run for his money, Then DS and Thanos Double team Odin for the win. So spite against Whom? Or Odin could Take out Thanos and Help Shazam against DS if Shazam can do as well as he did against the depowered Spectre. This match is not spite, it's close. And given the fact that Thanos and DS have an hour prep, is amazing that people can call spite. DS was able to trap Ares wielding the God wave with prep.

Aww...how cute. It's like watching a baby throw a fit. Don't worry. The KMC family is here to support you through this troubled time.

I know your dealing with the loss of Darkseid's reputation, but remember the 5 stages of grief.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

With your recent lash out of anger, I'd say your around stage 1 and 2 right now.

BUT Seriously, in all honesty, why can't you just admit that Current Darkseid would lose this match. Many Many people have told you why and you just seem to find ways to counter what they would say. You've made thread after thread and the results have always been the same. You ask for people's opinion then you completely flat out reject anything you don't agree with.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Aww...how cute. It's like watching a baby throw a fit.

Exactly what are you here in this thread for? It's not to give an honest fair opinion and move on is it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Aww...how cute. It's like watching a baby throw a fit. Don't worry. The KMC family is here to support you through this troubled time.

I know your dealing with the loss of Darkseid's reputation, but remember the 5 stages of grief.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

With your recent lash out of anger, I'd say your around stage 1 and 2 right now.

I"m very tired of you. I"m reporting you. I'm not caring about people opinion of DS. They can go and buy comics and read 7 soliders if they wanna get informed About DS. I"m tired of people calling spite all the time when it's no reason to. They didn't even think the battle out. You are getting on my nerves and for all the maturity you pretend to have, you aren't showing it. Please find someone else to troll and bother.

Evangel94
Exactly what are you here in this thread for? It's not to give an honest fair opinion and move on is it?

I gave my opinion and you rejected it. Then you rejected the opinion of the person who came after me. Then person who came after that. Then you got mad at the people of KMC forums who were telling you the truth that this thread may have some possible spite in it.

You just won't accept the possibility of Darkseid losing.

juggernaut66666
Thanos and Darkseid lose big time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I gave my opinion and you rejected it. Then you rejected the opinion of the person who came after me. Then person who came after that.

Then you got made at the people of KMC forums who were telling you the truth.

I didn't reject anything. I just gave examples of why I thought it was a good fight. You don't see me declare a victor do you? No one took into account THanos already knows Odin and DS already knows shazam and the two smartest villians in comics have an hour prep. People immediately came in here hollering Spite and all that crap. Messing up the damn thread. Or coming into the thread to find a way to put down DS. Some one disagreed with you about DS showings against Superman. Argue with him and not me. We are best if we dont' speak.

Evangel94
I didn't reject anything. I just gave examples of why I thought it was a good fight. You don't see me declare a victor do you? No one took into account THanos already knows Odin and DS already knows shazam and the two smartest villians in comics have an hour prep. People immediately came in here hollering Spite and all that crap. Messing up the damn thread.

1 hour of prep isn't going to do anything when you put the battle in Asgard and on the Rock of Eternity.

Being in Asgard is a huge power advantage to Odin. He can draw extra energy from all over Asgard if necessary. Odin can amp up his power even further than where it already is.

Homefield advantage > 1 hour prep.

You keep comparing Darkseid beating DC's version of various god pantheons. The pantheons in Marvel are alot stronger than their DC counterparts. You can't really compare them DC versions with Darkseid and expect the same results with Marvel Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
1 hour of prep isn't going to do anything when you put the battle in Asgard and on the Rock of Eternity.

Being in Asgard is a huge power advantage to Odin. He can draw extra energy from all over Asgard if necessary.

You keep comparing Darkseid beating DC's version of various god pantheons. The pantheons in Marvel are alot stronger than their DC counterparts. You can't really compare them power wise.

So basically your saying Marvel>>DC becuz there is no proof that DC's pantheon's are any weaker than marvels. Not one shred of proof at all. DC's Zeus is on the quintessence and they are all nearly peers. The PS and Ganthet are on that. And DC's Odin was able to banish Surtur. The same surtur who was able to stalemate Dr. fate, Alan scott and JOHNNY THUNDERBOLT's Genie. SO where is this proof that Marvel's Pantheons' are stronger than DC's? In fact the Cannonical JLAVENERGERS says that DC's magic is a lot stronger than marvels. The Gods are all MAGICAL.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I gave my opinion and you rejected it. Then you rejected the opinion of the person who came after me. Then person who came after that. Then you got mad at the people of KMC forums who were telling you the truth that this thread may have some possible spite in it.

You just won't accept the possibility of Darkseid losing.
DS loses against

Galactus
Spectre
Mxy
Yuga Khan (maybe)
The Inbetweener
Nabu
and others.

Evangel94
DS loses against

Galactus
Spectre
Mxy
Yuga Khan (maybe)
The Inbetweener
Nabu
and others.

So your saying anyone whose below Galactus's power level, Darkseid won't lose to?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So your saying anyone whose below Galactus's power level, Darkseid won't lose to?

Non job DS won't lose to anyone who is below Odin lvl. Not in a str8 up fight. No Sun amping and source protecting and source walls. No. He certainly can stalemate at Odin tho. I don't think he can beat Odin per say. Not on Power Alone. I don' think Odin can beat him on power alone either. Becuz DS is more powerful than Thanos and Thanos was able to give Odin a good run.

DigiMark007
Nvr, Evangel. Stop it now.

I really don't care who started what or who's spiting, bashing, etc. If you can't avoid this sort of thing, just avoid each other in the threads.

roughrider
Odin & Shazam - in Asgard, at the Rock Of Eternity, and anywhere else. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by roughrider
Odin & Shazam - in Asgard, at the Rock Of Eternity, and anywhere else. wink

Does Thanos Previous Battle with Odin mean nothing? How does DS do against Shazam? I think DS would Beat Shazam after a nice quick fight. Leaving DS and THanos against Odin. I think if the battle where the other way, DS fighting Odin they would stalemate or Odin would hold the slight edge in Asgard, and Shazam would beat Thanos with some magicary and then aid Odin to beat Ds. Could go either way. Especially given Thanos and DS have an hour prep. Both have been shown to have rediculous tech and shields.

Wally West
Someone who loses to Superman is not beating or stalemating Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Someone who loses to Superman is not beating or stalemating Odin.

DS has never lost to Superman without midigating circumstances. Irgo, a sum amp, the source wall, being hit with his own OE. I remember DS beating superman soundly until Diana blocked the OE.And Current DS hasn't lost to superman. He's screwed ALL of the NEW Gods and destroyed the 4th world.

Wally West
Ok then, someone who loses to a sun-amped Superman is not beating or stalemating Odin.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ok then, someone who loses to a sun-amped Superman is not beating or stalemating Odin.

I dont' think he lost to superman. I seem to remember him being held by the source wall. At any point, it's irrelevant since DS has been currently shown to have power over pocket realities and ALL of the new gods.

Bentley
Odin and Darkseid may be closer in powerlevel than Thanos and Odin, but Thor's father is still winning. DS lost to Supes, its not just that, he got hurted by him, with that durability he is not beating Odin.

An estimation: Thor warrior madness with the power gem is stronger (or as strong if we must) than Supes sundipped, that Thor was still unable to put Thanos down, but Thanos was barely surviving against Odin -and the skyfather wasnt going all out. Darkseid was hurted by Clark, by an implication of durabilities, he is not standing against Odin at his full power.

UniOmni
Darkseid got chumped by Superman twice.

Once on the sun, but the first time he merely got thumped by a Superman firing at max on all cylinders. All out Superman owned Darkseid in Apok Now. He also got punched in the face and thrown through a boomtube, along with his forces of Apok in Action comics, iirc.

Its part of his average, whether you like it or not.

Only somebody who isn't mature enough to debate correctly would try to toss out bad showings solely in favor of good ones.

Face the fact that for several years, Darkseid only showed up to get beaten and humiliated.
It happened, and only a fanboy would try to pretend that it didn't.

I'm not gonna call you a fanboy, but try on the shoe and see if it fits.

Nabu isn't more powerful than Odin.
Shazam definitely isn't more powerful than Odin.
Mordru doesn't approach Odin, now or before COIE, when he used to beat on Kryptonians.

Thanos is more durable than Darkseid.

Odin and Shazam win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Darkseid got chumped by Superman twice.

Once on the sun, but the first time he merely got thumped by a Superman firing at max on all cylinders. All out Superman owned Darkseid in Apok Now. He also got punched in the face and thrown through a boomtube, along with his forces of Apok in Action comics, iirc.

Its part of his average, whether you like it or not.

Only somebody who isn't mature enough to debate correctly would try to toss out bad showings solely in favor of good ones.

Face the fact that for several years, Darkseid only showed up to get beaten and humiliated.
It happened, and only a fanboy would try to pretend that it didn't.

I'm not gonna call you a fanboy, but try on the shoe and see if it fits.

Nabu isn't more powerful than Odin.
Shazam definitely isn't more powerful than Odin.
Mordru doesn't approach Odin, now or before COIE, when he used to beat on Kryptonians.

Thanos is more durable than Darkseid.

Odin and Shazam win.

Wait aminute you just said for the past several years that DS has been beaten and humiliated but Only mentioned two low showins? HUH? Only someone who isn't mature enough to realize two bad showings against hundreds of others don't mean squat. And Who ever said DS was more durable than Thanos? Not me? I said DS was more powerful. Hell THor is stronger than ODin but Odin is more powerful. Please dont' talk trash and you can't even talk it right. You also said Shazam isn't more powerful than ODin when he clearly gave spectre a good fight. I woudln't put him as more powerful, but certainly near it or at it. Same for Nabu and MOrdru. Lords of Order and Chaos.

UniOmni
What you don't realize, is that i don't believe Darkseid is defined by his low showings.

I never said that was the case.

But they do heavily affect his overall average.

100 + 88 + 25+ 0 = shitastic averages.

3 really bad grades can kill a really good student, ask anyone who's been in school beyond elementary levels.

You don't seem to realize this.

Its always easier to bring an average down, than to beef it back up.

Superman handed Darkseid his ass on three different occasions, with S/B being the most favorable to Darkseid.

The other two times were just craptastic, but need to be factored in, rather than tossed by the wayside, as you'd have us do.

Darkseids overall score is bad right now, due to poor handling in recent years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.