Luke's Ladder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
I saw this topic over at TFN and it never occurred to me before. In ESB, when Luke leaves Dagobah, he climbs up the ladder into his x wing. Then starts to take off. Uh....where does the ladder go ? It sure won't fit in the cockpit and it doesn't retract into the ship. Ideas ?

Darth Daft
It's only a ladder, so perhaps the Rebels are quite prepared to just discard them and leave them in the snow! Heh heh, imagine a load of ladders laying down across the wastes of Hoth.

finti
Maby is the same as Jacobs ladder!laughing out loud

queeq
Who says it cannot retract into the ship?

queeq abides

Gundark
I said so. They are just hooked on the edge. You can watch a guy lift one off Luke's ship at the end of ANH before he goes into battle when they ask him if he wants a new R2 unit.

queeq
Maybe there's a storage for it. The fact that we can't see it being hauled in, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's movie magic for you.

Gundark
Well I don't like it. If Luke didn't pull it in, it could have fallen down on top of Yoda. Now what do you think of that ?

finti
*yoda yoyoyoy yoda, met the little fellow at Dagobah he was wrinkle and green, and in a raspy voice he told me his name was yoda yoyoyo yoda* To the tune of Kinks LOLA
You can find the entire song on one of Weird Al Yankovic`s album. It is way cool.smile ehh what topic?

Darth Daft
Yeah I've got that song! "The long-term contract I had to sign, said we'd be making these movies till the end of time."

Darn, I'm so daft. I thought Gundy meant the scene where Luke leaves Hoth in his X-Wing. That's why I said all the rubbish about Hoth. stick out tongue
Well anyways, perhaps the ladder can sort of shorten and then fit underneath the X-Wing, packed against the hull if you know what I mean. Damn, I need to draw a diagram to show you.

<Darth Daft gets out a pencil and paper>

Yerial Poof
smile Its a good ladder.rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
Its a good ladder ? What does that mean ? Nobody's gonna wish you into the cornfield for speaking your mind, man ! laughing out loud

finti
Cornfield? is this amish talking.laughing out loud

Ratcat
The xming one was a magical ladder, OBVIOUSLY. laughing out loud

Gundark
xming ? is this a new ship I've never heard of ? laughing out loud

and finti, that cornfield comment was from an old twilight zone episode that queeq and I rehashed on an old thread. If you would like me to explain it all again, just let me know. Or I'll be happy to send you a long, boring e-mail. laughing out loud

queeq
*claps his hands* Oh yes, please tell. Storytime everyone. Auntie Gundy is gonna tell us a story.

Gundark
you are just begging for those clone wars to start early, queeq-darling, aren't you ? evil face

queeq
Yep.

Zareil
Its possible that there are two completely different types of ladder. The one used in the rebel base is the standard one but there is a weaker retractable one that is stored on the X-Wing (ming) and controlled by the Astromech

Ushgarak
Yes. I think that is a very good idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.