How Do You Maintain Relationship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smiter
From The Thread That Asked The Question: Why Do Relationships Fail? Which Makes Me
Mr. Lonely/Mr. Relationshipfailure Ask A New Question.

Storm Seems to know the answer to this.

PVS
oral sex

silver_tears
Twice a day everyday.

xmarksthespot
Really great oral sex twice a day, everyday, and three times on Sunday.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Smiter
From The Thread That Asked The Question: Why Do Relationships Fail? Which Makes Me (Mr. Lonely/Mr. Relationshipfailure) Ask A New Question.

Storm Seems to know the answer to this.

There are 2 (most) important ingredients.....that allow everything else (trust, love, a healthy sex life, friendship, etc, etc) to fall into place....

a) communication
b) compromise

It is easier said than done, however. wink

Smiter
There's more to it than just that.

Shelbert Lemon
I opt for replys number 1 and 2 please.

Originally posted by BobbyD
There are 2 (most) important ingredients.....that allow everything else (trust, love, a healthy sex life, friendship, etc, etc) to fall into place....

a) communication
b) compromise

It is easier said than done, however. wink yeah that works too. stick out tongue

BobbyD
There's more to it than just that.

Honestly, that's your foundation. When these go, everything else goes out the window....sex, trust, love, etc, etc...

Fishy
Compromise
Communication
Sex
Love
Friendship

And a bunch of other things...

botankus
Where does getting super-drunk while watching the NFL playoffs fit into this compromise and communication part of it?

BobbyD
Originally posted by botankus
Where does getting super-drunk fit into this compromise and communication part of it?

You can do this and not be in a relationship, yes?

Smiter
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Really great oral sex twice a day, everyday, and three times on Sunday.

69 doesnt last. it gets boring

Honestly, that's your foundation. When these go, everything else goes out the window....sex, trust, love, etc, etc...
Ok I think I asked the wrong question. HOW DO YOU PREVENT SOMEONE FROM CHEATING?

botankus
You can also be in a relationship and do it, too. BTW, I edited it to include the playoffs (to make it more valid).

xmarksthespot
Getting super-drunk is the cornerstone of compromise and communication, when you're super-drunk everyone looks better and sounds more interesting respectively.

botankus
Getting super-drunk is the cornerstone of compromise and communication, when you're super-drunk everyone looks better and sounds more interesting respectively.

Actually, this is a really good take on it. Thanks!

BobbyD
You can also be in a relationship and do it, too. I edited it to include the playoffs (to make it more valid).

Oh indeed. Don't get me wrong.

Gets back to compromise & communication.

i.e. "Okay hon, you can get plastered and watch football. But next weekend, I'm going out with my friends and going shopping" (or worse) "Or you and I are going shopping together". wink

BobbyD

laughing

Too bad booze usually tends to lead people into relationships that just involve good/great sex with no foundation, and thus ultimately fail.

wink

Fishy
Oh indeed. Don't get me wrong.

Gets back to compromise & communication.

i.e. "Okay hon, you can get plastered and watch football. But next weekend, I'm going out with my friends and going shopping" (or worse) "Or you and I are going shopping together". wink

I don't think you understand relationships...

The compromise would be you saying "Okay Honey, I won't get drunk and watch football and as punishment for me suggesting it I'm taking you shopping next week...."

silver_tears

You're doing it wrong.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by silver_tears
You're doing it wrong. Let's show 'em how it's done? dodgy

Smiter
You're doing it wrong.

isnt it suppose to be trade? 69 is a type of trade? give and take.

BobbyD

Ok I think I asked the wrong question. HOW DO YOU PREVENT SOMEONE FROM CHEATING?

I don't have a good answer for that one. You can't. Choose wisely?

It's either that or lock 'em up in your closet. stick out tongue

botankus
Originally posted by Fishy

The compromise would be you saying "Okay Honey, I won't get drunk and watch football and as punishment for me suggesting it I'm taking you shopping next week...."

You're both wrong. The solution is marrying a girl who loves to get super-drunk and watch football. (I got the football part down...still working on raising her level past moderately-drunk...)

silver_tears
Let's show 'em how it's done? dodgy

Only if we do it twice. dodgy

BobbyD
Originally posted by Fishy

eek! laughing out loud

That's not what I said, did I?

If so, it came out the wrong way.

silver_tears
Originally posted by botankus You're both wrong. The solution is marrying a girl who loves to get super-drunk and watch football. (I got the football part down...still working on raising her level past moderately-drunk...)

flirt

xmarksthespot
Only if we do it twice. dodgy A 138? I dunno... are you really that flexible?

silver_tears
A 138? I dunno... are you really that flexible?

Last time I checked.
You're not German are you? They're on my "no-no" list.

BobbyD
You're both wrong. The solution is marrying a girl who loves to get super-drunk and watch football. (I got the football part down...still working on raising her level past moderately-drunk...)

Ah, now you're talking. See....I circumvented the process.

....married a girl who loves sports, plays ice hockey, and loves to drink. smile

xmarksthespot
Last time I checked.
You're not German are you? They're on my "no-no" list. Nah, but I promised Bardock he could watch... and videotape... and distribute on the internet...

You get 22.4% of profits.

Smiter
Choose wisely

BINGO!! Thats it? Thats what I have to do.

Since Some Smartass Answered The Question!
I Have The Authority For Closing-Request on this Thread.

BobbyD
I have faith in you, Smiter. But the getting super drunk part and having good/great sex in a quickly doomed relationship is a good short term alternative. wink

silver_tears
Nah, but I promised Bardock he could watch... and videotape... and distribute on the internet...

You get 22.4% of profits.

I don't work for less than 40. doped

BobbyD
I don't work for less than 40. doped

*offers 39%*

shifty

Smiter
Silver Tears. Show me how to do it right then?

Storm
Each partner should focus on giving 100% to the other person. That way, everyone is both giving and receiving 100% of what they need and desire.

Smiter
Originally posted by Storm
Each partner should focus on giving 100% to the other person. That way, everyone is both giving and receiving 100% of what they need and desire.

And anything thats less than 100% is doomed to failure?
Can I PM You Storm?

Storm
I' m reluctant to put it to the test.

Sure.

BobbyD

I don't subscribe to this theory, although that is how it SHOULD be.

2 total individuals (maybe with some common interests, tastes, personality, etc) come together to become one.

It is each'es individuality that attracted them to the other person in the first place. In this day and age, you must retain this (independent) part of you. A) For the initial attraction reason I have previously stated, and B) if it doesn't work out and/or the other person is all about the receiving and no givin', you'll be a vegetable when the relationship ends.

You must always guard/protect this part of you. Call it want you want-your soul, your being, whatever. But no one is ever entitled to all of it, all the time.

Storm
Fire and I equally give and take in a daily situation. We have the freedom to pursue our own desires while sharing our experiences with one and another. It' s the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

BobbyD
Fire and I equally give and take in a daily situation. We have the freedom to pursue our own desires while sharing our experiences with one and another. It' s the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Indeed. No argument. But, you said ^^ " equally give and take", which to me means there is a healthy combination of compromise, and good communication going on. There isn't one w/o the other.

That it happens to satisfy the condition on how YOU think things should be is rare and unique circumstance.

PVS
this is an issue for married people. if you're dating someone and you're having trouble 'maintaining' your relationship, you're probably in the wrong relationship to begin with. several years down the road when you're sick of eachother, then its time to break out the chalkboard and calculate how to make it work.

BobbyD
Originally posted by PVS
this is an issue for married people. if you're dating someone and you're having trouble 'maintaining' your relationship, you're probably in the wrong relationship to begin with. several years down the road when you're sick of eachother, then its time to break out the chalkboard and calculate how to make it work.

And even then it doesn't end fairly. The woman still gets everything, even if the husband was a faithful and good father too!

laughing

debbiejo
Well I do know that belching and farting is NOT a plus.. schmoll

Capt_Fantastic
I've found that the best way to maintain a relationship is to frustrate and irritate on a level that no one else can. Then the other person can't help but love you.

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I've found that the best way to maintain a relationship is to frustrate and irritate on a level that no one else can. Then the other person can't help but love you.

sounds exhausting

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
sounds exhausting

I guess it could be if it didn't come to me naturally.

debbiejo
Me too........ smart

silver_tears
I'm not surprised.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well I do know that belching and farting is NOT a plus.. schmoll

this explains my past relationships (or maybe its the sadism and horrible uglyness)

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
this explains my past relationships (or maybe its the sadism and horrible uglyness)

I don't get it. Have you been too expressive, or not expressive enough?...realistically speaking?

debbiejo
Comes down to listing skills for a relationship to work along with tantalizing creativeness and unexpected thingies...Like "Yeah, lets do it in the woods, oh I know how about a church"...lol

Shakyamunison
Comes down to listing skills for a relationship to work along with tantalizing creativeness and unexpected thingies...Like "Yeah, lets do it in the woods, oh I know how about a church"...lol

no expression And this is coming from you. stick out tongue

debbiejo
Well.......why not a church? God would be happy riight??? shifty

grey fox
With a strong pimp hand pimp

BobbyD
Originally posted by grey fox
With a strong pimp hand pimp

rolling on floor laughing

long pig
No matter how fat and ugly you woman gets, at least once a week when she walks by, smack her right on the ass. Just pop her like you did when you were 17.

The only things women like more than diamonds is feeling wanted sexually and mentally by the person they love. They love it.

botankus
How do you maintain a relationship? Just ask Green Bay Packer stud Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila:

debbiejo
That's just sooooo wrong... blink

PVS
How do you maintain a relationship? Just ask Green Bay Packer stud Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila:

it always comes back to football, doesnt it?

botankus
Needless to say, I don't like the Bears' chances this weekend.

debbiejo
Sports, sports, sports sports.........How can a person have sex when they're always watching sports?? stick out tongue

Soleran
Sports, sports, sports sports.........How can a person have sex when they're always watching sports?? stick out tongue

I thought sex was a sport? big grin

debbiejo
You it's just really is impossible for a man to watch sports and have sex. It is..........This is an impossibility cause he'd stop and pause........ mad

botankus
That's why they only do it doggy-style in Canada (or Michigan) ...so they can both watch the hockey game.

(kudos to Rodney Dangerfield for that one)

RocasAtoll
That's why they only do it doggy-style in Canada (or Michigan) ...so they can both watch the hockey game.

(kudos to Rodney Dangerfield for that one)

Michigan isn't that big on hockey. It's more basketball country. erm

botankus
Way to add value to a joke.

Okay, everyone...please revert to 2 posts ago and delete "Canada" and then substitute "basketball" for "hockey." Everyone got it? Good.

BobbyD
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Michigan isn't that big on hockey. It's more basketball country. erm

You're kidding me, right? I'd definitely say that about Indiana w/ the Hoosiers n' all, but with 2 football programs like the Wolvs and Sparts?......not to mention Detroit Red Wings history? .....think basketball is no higher than 3rd in that state.

PVS
jersey has the most dedicated hockey fans. why? because thats the only team that have (besides basketball, but from what i hear its not worth mentioning)

Lord Urizen

laughing droolio

botankus
laughing out loud

^^ Somehow, when I first posted this, I expected the droolio smilie from Lord U.

debbiejo
GO RED WINGS!!

Rogue Jedi
You're doing it wrong.
Very well said.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Very well said.

Do me it right and show them.lookaround

Bardock42
Originally posted by LethalFemme
You never say that to me sad

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Bardock42
You never say that to me sad

You have someone to do.sad

Bardock42
You have someone to do.sad

You are right. sad

LethalFemme
You are right. sad

*cries in corner*crybaby

Bardock42
*cries in corner*crybaby

Sorry. hug

debbiejo
No one ever hugs meeeeeeee ....................cry

Bardock42
No one ever hugs meeeeeeee ....................cry

Yeah, well. You are slightly annoying mostly. But....hey, since apparently I use smilies nowadays, here hug

debbiejo
big grin

OK, me happy now..........See, it doesn't take much....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now write me a poem.......lol

Bardock42
big grin

OK, me happy now..........See, it doesn't take much....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now write me a poem.......lol

Nah, I don't do poems.

Up In Flames
How to maintain relationships? lets see... there's love, faith, loyalty, trust and tolerance. It takes a lot of depth to keep a relationship healthy.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Up In Flames
How to maintain relationships? lets see... there's love, faith, loyalty, trust and tolerance. It takes a lot of depth to keep a relationship healthy.

Your forgot oral sex ......

Capt_Fantastic
How to maintain relationships? lets see... there's love, faith, loyalty, trust and tolerance.

Haven't had too many relationships, have you?

RocasAtoll
Way to add value to a joke.

Okay, everyone...please revert to 2 posts ago and delete "Canada" and then substitute "basketball" for "hockey." Everyone got it? Good.

Hey, I'm just trying to defend my legacy.

You're kidding me, right? I'd definitely say that about Indiana w/ the Hoosiers n' all, but with 2 football programs like the Wolvs and Sparts?......not to mention Detroit Red Wings history? .....think basketball is no higher than 3rd in that state.

Have you ever LIVED in Michigan? The hockey players were outcasts. We have ONE football prospect in the Top 10 for High School Football. If you go walking down the street you'll see about 10 kids shooting hoops and one 5 year old shooting in a net.

debbiejo
If you go walking down the street all you'll see are people wearing "Red Wing" shirts and flags on their cars and houses.........It's a maddness..

I know cause I live here......

BobbyD
Have you ever LIVED in Michigan? The hockey players were outcasts. We have ONE football prospect in the Top 10 for High School Football. If you go walking down the street you'll see about 10 kids shooting hoops and one 5 year old shooting in a net.

Okay, not to get off the topic. No, I have not lived in Michigan to answer your question; and my perception could be distorted, but I think not likely. Come to Chicago too, and you'll see kids playing basketball everywhere....it is still a Bears and Cubs town. Your point while true, does not necessarily make it so.

And, my (new) parents (I just just got married, thank you) graduated from Michigan St., my grandfather (in law) graduated from IU, my wife graduated from U of I and Ohio State. I have friends that graduated from IA, Notre Dame, and Purdue. I will soon be 37. I'm guessing that you're younger than me. While it is possible that I could be wrong, chances are I'm not.

erm

Lastly, aside from the Wolverines Fab 5, the 2 Pistons runs (recently and in the late 80's), and the ascending Mich St college bball program, there is really nothing about basketball in that state.

RocasAtoll
Okay, not to get off the topic. No, I have not lived in Michigan to answer your question; and my perception could be distorted, but I think not likely. Come to Chicago too, and you'll see kids playing basketball everywhere....it is still a Bears and Cubs town. Your point while true, does not necessarily make it so.

And, my (new) parents (I just just got married, thank you) graduated from Michigan St., my grandfather (in law) graduated from IU, my wife graduated from U of I and Ohio State. I have friends that graduated from IA, Notre Dame, and Purdue. I will soon be 37. I'm guessing that you're younger than me. While it is possible that I could be wrong, chances are I'm not.

erm

Lastly, aside from the Wolverines Fab 5, the 2 Pistons runs (recently and in the late 80's), and the ascending Mich St college bball program, there is really nothing about basketball in that state.

I also was recently married, and WENT to Michigan State.

Trust me, there is alot of it. The high school championships drawn a huge crowd, and so does every little game. In my high school, football hardly mattered. It was all about basketball.

BobbyD
I also was recently married, and WENT to Michigan State.

Trust me, there is alot of it. The high school championships drawn a huge crowd, and so does every little game. In my high school, football hardly mattered. It was all about basketball.

Well, maybe I'm wrong then. erm

Rogue Jedi
just ask FJ... wink .....i am a master.

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
oral sex

anal sex

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
anal sex

Baby sex.

Don't hate me because I love the world.

BackFire
baby anal sex

check, and mate.

PVS
baby anal sex wearing a skinned fetus for a condom

surprise upset victory

BackFire
baby anal sex wearing a skinned fetus for a condom while yelling at the mother of the baby and calling her a ****.

PVS
baby anal sex wearing a skinned fetus for a condom while yelling at the mother of the baby and calling her a **** while sodomising her with a cheese grater.

BackFire
baby anal sex wearing a skinned fetus for a condom while yelling at the mother of the baby and calling her a **** while sodomising her with a cheese grater and wearing the castrated penis of her now dead husband on your head.

LethalFemme
drool

PVS
baby anal sex wearing a skinned fetus for a condom while yelling at the mother of the baby and calling her a **** while sodomising her with a cheese grater and wearing the castrated penis of her now dead husband on your head and singing barry manilow's "i write the songs"

BackFire
Hmmm....I think I found a hole in yours, how can you yell at her AND sing that song?

PVS
he adds to the end of every verse: "....you ****"

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
he adds to the end of every verse: "....you ****"

Nice save, good show ol' chap.

You win. That barry manilow one was funny as shit, I can't top it.

PVS
like teflon cool

PVS
wait a minute...

Originally posted by BackFire
Hmmm....I think I found a hole in yours

hehe

BackFire
Teehee.

Rogue Jedi
anal? never done that. no intenton to either.

LethalFemme
anal? never done that. no intenton to either.

You had better not.nahuh

Bardock42
You had better not.nahuh

With that attitude you hang out with the wrong PVSes and Backfires.

LethalFemme
With that attitude you hang out with the wrong PVSes and Backfires.

True enough but, since I'm basically the only girl that gives them the time of day I can pretty much get away with murder.

Rogue Jedi
You had better not.nahuh
exit only, love.

PVS
True enough but, since I'm basically the only girl that gives them the time of day I can pretty much get away with murder.

no no no, should be:

"True enough but, since I'm basically the only girl that gives them access to my anus, I can pretty much get away with murder."

which would be true.

Lord Urizen

That's a HUGE generalization bro....

Every person is different, and different things work for different people.

Rogue Jedi
laughing out loud

reggie_jax
edited

Smiter
how to maintain relationship with one another? 2 words 2 numbers 1 position

sixty nine

AngryManatee
simple, put the woman in her place

Rogue Jedi
you must be very single.

AngryManatee
Actually no, I just don't have the time for a serious relationship right now, so I settle for little flings with classmates. Leaves both people satisfied without the aftermath of calling each other and seeing how we're doing, cuz we both know we're doing homework if we're not doing each other. So it keeps things pretty straight forward and easy, and who knows, maybe it'll blossom into something serious in the summer when I have more time, but who knows. Maybe we'll just go our seperate ways and nothing will come of it, and I'll feel even more empty inside at the fact that I now have the time to be in love but won't recieve the same feelings back.

soin2cal
My brother and his girlfriend are a little edgy with each other at the moment. It makes me realize what happens in the 'real world' and what i will have to have in the near future. I often think lifes far too stressful between a relationship with people, but at least its only every so oftenlaughing out loud and of course it depends on the type of person you are toobig grin
I dont find myself arguing with a guy much thoughlaughing out loud
But i should probably accept the way the world works as i believe people can stress themselves far too much instead of just staying calm. Afterall the way the world is wont necasarilly change, shamly.

Rogue Jedi
love will get you past it. love conquers all.

debbiejo
No it doesn't.

bangin

Smiter
I gotta know who's your best that you ever had?

debbiejo
Satan.

Rogue Jedi
No it doesn't.

bangin
yes, it does. why do you say no?

debbiejo
Relationships fail all the time when someone is in love.

Rogue Jedi
that means they werent meant to be, that their love was not strong enough and/or was not mutual.

Smiter
RJ's comments are so laughable because of Love and all that cuttie shit. laughing out loud

Alliance
Alcohol?

Smiter
no its just that because I had an idea that guys are not suppose to open that Love door to their hearts. If they do then women can manipulate him to her will.

Smiter
That was my biggest mistake. Openning the love door in their heart. That should remain locked and closed. if not It shouldnt exist at all.

debbiejo
Doors should be opened, just put up a screen.. wink

Smiter
Doors should be opened, just put up a screen.. wink

Didnt expect that one.

Imperial_Samura
no its just that because I had an idea that guys are not suppose to open that Love door to their hearts. If they do then women can manipulate him to her will.

I don't think one getting "manipulated" has anything to do with an "open love door to their hearts" (honestly, can that sound any more corny?)

Being in love has little to do with being weak willed and easily manipulated. Being in love doesn't mean one has to become a spineless creature who dances to the whims of their "lover" - in fact in the person one loves is manipulating you I would seriously question whether ones love is misplaced.

But anyway - chances are one would be manipulated anyway, if not by the object of their affection then by other people with influence. An easily manipulated person, I have found, is just an easily manipulated person.

Rogue Jedi
with that attitude, you will never have a successful relationship. yes, my heart is open to her, as hers is to me. it is through this mutual love and understanding that we maintain a healthy relationship. all i have is for her, as is all she has is for me. 50/50, get it?

debbiejo
What happens if you are 50 and she becomes 70 with her views changes...maybe become liberal or tossing off her former belief?

Rogue Jedi
you mean she is demanding 70 or giving 70?

Lord Urizen
I think Rogue Jedi is a sweet heart smile

Mr. Sensitive...

debbiejo
you mean she is demanding 70 or giving 70? Oh, I didn't specify really what I meant. If a couple is both giving 50/50, then what I mean is that they both are in sync in this view and are compatable. If one changes their view and stays the same give of 50, it seems that the other no longer excepts the 50 that was held, but would now require more because it would take more of the 50 and now make it more a 70 to keep the relationship stable........follow?...If not, then maybe I could explain it a bit better........Though one would consider that the 50 didn't change (by less), the other would see/feel that it sure did, and this would make the other make even more an effort to make the other to see that at least it was the 50, when in fact the person was putting out a 70 just to keep the peace.

Rogue Jedi
well, there are certain times when i give 70 and she takes 30. there are times when i take 80 and she gives 20. there are times when i give 60 and she takes 40. sometimes your partner is a bit more needy than you, and you have to give more. the thing is that we never take advantage. the times when she needs more, i give it to her, and vice versa. compromise, get it?
about her needing more on a permanent basis? not gonna happen. we are way too compatible for that, and our love is too strong.

debbiejo
I'm happy for you then...........

Rogue Jedi
thank ya kindly, little lady.

Smiter
Rogue Jedi, How did you maintain relationship with your wife/fiance?
Before I go pussy hunting again, I dont want to last 2 weeks to 3 months. I wanna last a lifetime. How did you do it?

Lord Urizen
He simply found the right girl for him....they are compatible, and have fallen in love.

You can't make someone love you, nor can you make yourself love someone. It will happen on its own, but when you realize it, you have to do all in your power to keep it....

Also he's Mr. Sensitive smile

Smiter
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
He simply found the right girl for him....they are compatible, and have fallen in love.

You can't make someone love you, nor can you make yourself love someone. It will happen on its own, but when you realize it, you have to do all in your power to keep it....

Also he's Mr. Sensitive smile

Brotha-at-arms SUP BRO!!
doingit
Thou has felt Orgasmism?

Lord Urizen
Brotha-at-arms SUP BRO!!
doingit
Thou has felt Orgasmism?

droolio

doingit

droolioOHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSdroolio

Smiter
Dude does my Sig work?

Lord Urizen
droolio

debbiejo
Pms can be a persons good friend........go visit there...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>