Warlock runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
this is classic warlock, but around about the early formation of the Infinity Watch...

he has the SG...

how does he fare against these guys?

1.Apocalypse
2.Gladiator
3.Loki
4.Firelord
5.Blackbolt
6.Thor
7.Quasar
8.Silver surfer
9.Doctor Strange
10.Thanos

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
this is classic warlock, but around about the early formation of the Infinity Watch...

he has the SG...

how does he fare against these guys?

1.Apocalypse
2.Gladiator
3.Loki
4.Firelord
5.Blackbolt
6.Thor
7.Quasar
8.Silver surfer
9.Doctor Strange
10.Thanos

Finishes Thanos w/IG

Priest
6-7 can give him a hard time, but i say Dr. Strange takes him down for sure.

Rick/Genis
I dont'... I think he clears it.

DigiMark007
Thor has actually resisted the soul-suck. And Warlock's a beast, but really doesn't have much on Thor as far as overall power.

So he stops at 6. Take Thor out and I think he'd make it to Surfer, or maybe Strange.

Rick/Genis
Thor resisted his soul suck but thanos didn't!? wild!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Thor resisted his soul suck but thanos didn't!? wild!

Actually, I don't think he's ever tried it on Thanos.

Thanos Clones, yes, but not the real deal.

draxx_tOfU
but soul ripping isnt his only option...

besides, warlock might dance with thor for a time, blasting him with karmic energy or his own cosmic energy and then use the soul rip when his defenses are low...

i truly believe adam can defeat thor, as their first encounter was a bit dodgy to me, considering that he was trying to imprison balder and sif and at the same time fighting thor...

Rewmac
The sg only limits a couple of his abilities...

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Rewmac
The sg only limits a couple of his abilities...

yes...

i believe he was more powerful when he was "Him", sans soul gem...

although the soul gem displayed awesome power when Adam was on counter-earth, such as devolving individuals...

DigiMark007
yes...

i believe he was more powerful when he was "Him", sans soul gem...

Not necessarily. The SG dampens some of his natural abilities, but post SG Warlock had quite a few of his old powers back, in a ddition to some new ones. He was just smart enough to evolve past a regular brawler, like he was in the "Him" era.

draxx_tOfU
i would love to see current warlock's skill and strategic thinking combined with his overall power as "Him"...

almost defeating a WM Thor is nothing to be ashamed at...

DigiMark007
i would love to see current warlock's skill and strategic thinking combined with his overall power as "Him"...

almost defeating a WM Thor is nothing to be ashamed at...

No, not at all.

I'd actually contend that current Warlock isn't quite so far as you'd think in terms of power from the old "Him". Brawling, and straight-up fighting, isn't as big a part of his character anymore, but he's shown he's capable of doing it when necessary.

...read my first tourney match that'll be up on Sunday. I think you'll see exactly what I mean. He may not be the stud he was as "Him", but his skill, diversity of powers, and intelligence might actually make him more formidable.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No, not at all.

I'd actually contend that current Warlock isn't quite so far as you'd think in terms of power from the old "Him". Brawling, and straight-up fighting, isn't as big a part of his character anymore, but he's shown he's capable of doing it when necessary.

...read my first tourney match that'll be up on Sunday. I think you'll see exactly what I mean. He may not be the stud he was as "Him", but his skill, diversity of powers, and intelligence might actually make him more formidable.

cool... cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.