Lost Planet (Xbox 360)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone play the demo? It's okay I like it. Might pick up a copy of the game later this week. Any of you thinking of the game?

AstroFan
I played the single player demo months ago, I dont know, it just didnt grab me.

Spartan005
The single player demo was pretty good... graphics look great and everything, but the multiplayer one didn't really do much for me.... except for the grapple thing.

Smasandian
Preorder the thing.

I really liked the singleplayer demo. Just thought it was supberb. Kinda of the retro feel that I get makes me really want to play it.

I heared the MP is pretty exicting. The MP was shit, but thats I could never find people to play.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Spartan005
The single player demo was pretty good... graphics look great and everything, but the multiplayer one didn't really do much for me.... except for the grapple thing.

Same here. I had a blast with the single player demo, but the MP one didn't hook me up. However I am willing to give the game a chance. IGN already reviewed the game; I'm going to look it up.

WrathfulDwarf
I think somewhere in a review I read it said that this game was Gears of War in the snow. laughing out loud

Superboy Prime
Wonder who was dumb enough to come up with that statement...wouldn't be surprised if someone says Tomb Raider is Gears with boobs.

AstroFan
3rd person shooter where you run around an kill big bugs, so I buy that statement. lol

Superboy Prime
No cover system + the ability to jump is very very different from Geow.

Superboy Prime
IGN Rating:

7.0 Presentation
Excellent production value with a story that leaves much to be desired and some unintuitive control.
9.0 Graphics
Beautiful smoke, fantastic environments, and excellent enemy design.
8.5 Sound
Some decent voice acting, even if dialogue needs help. Great explosion sound effects.
8.5 Gameplay
A few design decisions hamper a very fun game.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The single player game is worth playing a few times and the multiplayer game will keep you occupied until the next big online game.
Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

To view the review click http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/753/753402p1.html

2007's not starting bad at all.

K73SK
i thought single player was good, but i love multiplayer, just wish they had atleast 2 maps available to it.

Superboy Prime
If you pre-ordered the game you would've gotten a code to get a bonus multi map for the demo.

BackFire
Yeah I played the demo back in may when they released the E3 demo, seemed pretty cool, probably won't buy it, though.

Smasandian
I thought that too, but it looks like a game I would really want to play.

I hope it is.

Phat J
is it another shooter? im sick of these ****ing games.

come out with something that isnt solely aiming and shooting.

AstroFan
You got the wrong console. laughing out loud

Play Viva Pinata. stick out tongue

InnerRise
I couldn't find Viva Pinata. cry

I'm interested in this game as well. Haven't played the demo.

Planned on buying it, but I don't know. Maybe sometime down the line.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Pulse2
This game has dissopointed me, when watched it looked awesome, but although it is still good, after playing the demo wasn't as good as I had first expected, meh, hopefully the actuall game will be much better, doubt I'll be picking it up though. I'm quite happy with GOW.

BackFire
Yeah, it kinda shot itself in the foot by being released soon after GOW. It looks kinda similar, but not nearly as impressive.

Smasandian
Well, its hard to be as good as Gears Of War.

But too me, Lost Planet is nothing like GoW. The only thing that is the same is its an shooter, or that the persepective is third person, but even that is pretty different.

I think its a decent time to release it. Most of everybody has played GOW, and are looking for a new game, so Lost Planet will fill that void until they replay GOW.

General G
Or until Halo 3...

After playing GOW, I am liking the Third Person feel to a game, so I may rent it first, or try the demo, not sure, but now I wanna play another TPS, and this game looks and sounds pretty good, still debating...

WrathfulDwarf
I think this is more like an appetizer before we get the big meal of Huxley and Bioshock.

By all means this isn't consider a killer app like Gears of War. Still, the game is good.

Smasandian
True.

It's by no means an bad game, but its not a great game either. I heared one level in this game is amazing though.

I got it preordered because I loved the demo. Played it atleast 5 times.

Vash Stampede
I played the demo and i'm geting it tomorow when it comes in the game rocks and it will hold me over untill halo 3 comes out I put a reserve on it with the extra stuff

Pulse2
THis and gears of war are a good combination if you like 3rd person games smile Now all that is needed is a tactical shooter like GRAW.

Smasandian
Isnt Rainbow 6 Vegas an tactical shooter, and alot better than GRAW in my opinion.

Phat J
yeah, but graw came free with my console. stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
I didn't strongly feel this games action appeal. The graphics are nice, the explosions are amoung the best i've seen on the 360 but....meeh..I'll most likely pass on it.

I give the demo another shot tonight to see.

Smasandian
Pretty fun game. It's a pretty straight forward shooter, but the action is pretty intense and the levels are good.

Graphics, though, are amazing, especially the explosions.

But man, this game is tough. I'm on normal, and I die a bit. The bosses are pretty tough and incredibly cool. One level has you riding an mech (or VS they call it) through some icy plains....nothing really exicting, but just in a sec, this huge ****ing worm plows through the ice and towers over by atleast 200 hundred feet. It's a pretty sweet sight I must say. There's a bunch of these little thigns all over the SP.

Havnt tried MP yet, but for SP, its an good time.

Phat J
is it worth 70 dollars though?

Smasandian
Depends on how good MP is.

I payed about 50 for it from trading in a game, and I think it was worth it, but I havnt played MP yet, but I heared it was good.

Probably an rental though.

Phat J
i dont have live so for me thats a no then. looks like ill be waiting until febuary for winning eleven to come out.

Ricodrayz
Real quick, does anyone know how to have to seperate saved files lol without earsing the other so someone else could have thier own? Do you have to sign in with two different names or something?

Smasandian
Yeah, you sign in with different names.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, you sign in with different names. Thanks eek!

General G
I saw the trailer for this game and it looks good, just not AMAZING, I should borrow it from my friend before I get it

WrathfulDwarf
Finally I got to rent a copy and quite considering buying the game.

The aiming is adjustable (which I like) and controllers feel good. Does start a bit sluggish but as you progress the game gets interesting. So it does pick up and gets you going.

InnerRise
So you don't know for sure if you'll buy it?

Let me know more about what you think of the game as you progress b/c I was going to buy this game definitely but now I just don't know.

Haven't even finished Gears of War yet.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm not buying the game at moment because I really need to watch my budget. Sure it's a good game but at the moment I really can't be buying too many games.

I would suggest for anyone expecting this game to be like Gears of War to really not get their hopes high. It's not the same...but still a fun game to play.

Phat J
is it worth buying?

i dont really mind spending the 60 bucks, i just dont want to play it 10 times and never play it again. ive probably only played GOW like 10 times, i dont have xbox like either.

Smasandian
Then you have your answer.

It's not Gears Of War.

Phat J
that wasnt my question. i was using GOW as an example. my question was is this game worth buying.

Smasandian
If you didnt play Gears Of War that much, which is an superior game, than dont buy Lost Planet.

But in reality, the only person you can tell you to buy the game or not is you because you know what you like and dont like. Check reviews, play the demo. If you like it soo far, buy it.

InnerRise
To me, playing any game 10 times is a lot.

I don't play my games more than once. Except Fighters and the such of course.

General G
Originally posted by InnerRise
To me, playing any game 10 times is a lot.

I don't play my games more than once. Except Fighters and the such of course.

Really? I play all of my games over and over and over and over and over...

InnerRise
I try to do it but I just can't.

The only games I can remember playing over were the Pokemon Games for the Gameboy Color.

The good ol' days.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
I thought he meant just playing it 10 times, like he turned on the 360 only 10 times.

Me personally, I have a really good memory so usually for SP games, I play them once in a kind of marathon session, and then dont play them ever again unless it has a skirmish mode, or MP. If the SP is really damn good, I usually play it 6 months, or an year later when I usually dont have any money, or no job.

If I dont like the SP all that much, I just trade it in because I always feel a game is a waste of space after I play, so might as well by a new game for half the price from the trade in.

InnerRise
Although I don't replay the majority of my games, if any at all, I still can't part with them b/c I always say to myself I could want to come back to them at any time and knowing that I still have them gives me some kind of satisfaction I guess. Hmm.....

Even if I thoroughly enjoyed a game I still haven't gotten myself to replay it b/c I already know what happens and that sort of thing.

I still haven't finished Gears of War, I'm enjoying it though, haven't played in a while b/c of other games that I play as well. As much as I'm enjoying Gears of War, I don't see myself playing it again after I beat it one time.

Don't have Xbox Live so that's out of the question as well. But I still will not sell it or trade it in.

I know I definitely won't be playing the majority of my Original Playstation Games ever again, and I know that I still won't get rid of them.

lake1951
If you didnt play Gears Of War that much, which is an superior game, than dont buy Lost Planet.

But in reality, the only person you can tell you to buy the game or not is you because you know what you like and dont like. Check reviews, play the demo. If you like it soo far, buy it.

I appreciate both games but for different reasons. I love the Marcus character in gears of war. He is the whole game but I love everything about Lost Planet. There are so many different opponents such as the akrids and snow pirates that Wayne has to fight off plus he can carry two weapons at a time. There are mutiple uses for the vital suits as well giving more options for combat in the frozen enviroment.

Phat J
yeah im probably not going to buy it. maybe ill rent it. im gonna go get the new madden and in 8 days ill be getting the new winning eleven when its released in canada.

Smasandian
Good idea.

I wished I just rented it also.

but oh well.

LinixCobra
I never liked the demos of these games to be honest. I am happy I didnt buy it and I will never rent it either.

Phat J
7 days now. i gotta call eb to make sure they're gonna get it on the 6th.

Smasandian
What game?

Phat J
winning eleven: pro evolution soccer 07 i think is what its called in canada.

Infinity
awesome game i finally hit lvl 50 about a week ago big grin i got 680/1000 of the achievements and am only missing the target marks, anyways smile great game

Cloud_VII
Game looks cool

Phat J
theres levels in this game?

anyways i bought it and im happy with it. wish i could say the same about the new pro evolution though. its killing me man, 9 is better in pretty much every way, theres only one or two improved things. even the graphics are worse and its on the 360.

Rohangiga
hey, how long until you get to upgrade suits (like how many levels)

Phat J
you gain levels in this game?

Smasandian
Yeah.

I traded this game in with Hotel Dusk and got Supreme Commander and used copy of PGR3 for 3 bucks.

I was happy.

WrathfulDwarf
Hmm..I heard rumors this game might be dropping in price. I might buy it if it goes down.

Smasandian
Probably later though.

It was released just a month ago, and I heared sales was really good.

General G
I played this game the other day at my friends, and I have to be honest, I really was not that impressed, I don't like the controls or the gameplay, it is bothering me. I definately won't be buying this or renting.

Phat J
you can change the aiming thing, i didnt like that either. that trading shit you were talking about sounds like a pretty good idea. when does virtua 5 come out? anyone know? im gonna trade it for dead or alive 4. and probably get crackdown for lost planet because so far lost planets been pretty average.

Smasandian
Yeah, unless the game is awesome and I know I will play it again, I always trade. I dont really care about keeping the games. Also, if I stopped playing a game I always think that I will start again but the majority of the time I never do, so I pretty much trade it in for something else.

I got $45 bucks CAD for Lost Planet.

I dont know when Virtua Fighter is coming out.

Phat J
alright im doin it, id rather have crackdown than this.

Smasandian
I didnt like Crackdown.

I rather have this game then that.

Phat J
yeah but you like this game, so how can i take your advice. this game is boring man, everythime i play it i cant wait til i finish the level so i can save and quit.

Smasandian
I'm not the only person in the world who likes the game.

It's a good game, not great, but good.

Are you asking for advice?

I find Crackdown boring. Played the demo and was bored after about 20 minutes. I can see why people like it, but I dont. I need some structure in my gameplay. I need missions. I need story. Crackdown doesnt offer that, outside of running around shooting mindless thugs.

People do have different tastes you know.

Phat J
dont take it personally, i didnt mean it in a 'im better than you way' or anything. i just meant if you like this game and i dont then i cant really use your advice for other games, thats all.

Vinny Valentine
I didn't enjoy this game at all.

To Rank it with GOW is an insult, In my opinion.

General G
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I didn't enjoy this game at all.

To Rank it with GOW is an insult, In my opinion.

Exactly

Phat J
its just because its a shooter and they came out relatively close together, gears of war didnt really do much for me either in all honesty.

WrathfulDwarf
Patches are coming very soon:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/02/lost-planet-multiplayer-patched/

This should clear the bugs.

Jack of Light
So let me get this straight... this game sucks?

General G
Originally posted by Jack of Light

Yeah, pretty much

Jack of Light
Ok, so now I just need to check if Crackdown sucks.

General G
Ok, so now I just need to check if Crackdown sucks.

Its really good, I thought it was going to be really bad, but it ended up actually being really good

WrathfulDwarf

Play it and try it for youself. We can't really tell you if you're going to enjoy it or not.

Smasandian
I didnt think this game was that bad.

It was pretty fun.

Try the demo, if you dont like the demo, then you dont like the game.

G U I T A R
This game is pretty sweet, it isnt no GOW but I still enjoyed playing it.

juggernaut66666
Does anyone know an easier way to kill the huge worm on mission 3?

Smasandian
Blow the shit out of it with the rockets.

It's extremely hard though. Shoot at the welts with the rocket launcher but make sure its not moving completely. After that, start shooting it with your gun. Sooner or later, it will die.

But you cant use an mech, or it will automatically throw you over.

juggernaut66666
Blow the shit out of it with the rockets.

It's extremely hard though. Shoot at the welts with the rocket launcher but make sure its not moving completely. After that, start shooting it with your gun. Sooner or later, it will die.

But you cant use an mech, or it will automatically throw you over.
The most annoying part is that you can't really get a good aim when he comes out with his head from the ground cause it follows you and you can't get to it's side the other thing is if you are not fest enough he will regenarate his weakspots.

juggernaut66666
I just realised that it didn't healed it was killed just another worm came after that one.Also it is easier to kill the worm if you shoots in it's mouth with the rocket launcher.

Edit:Can someone tell me where can I find that Moth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.