BTAS Batman Franchise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Ok, we all know that The Batman is still on the air, and that Nolan's awesome, but also disappointing realistic Bat Film Trilogy is going strong. But what if you got the chance to not only relive BTAS (not TNBA) but also got one last chance to redeem characters like Bane, Mr. Freeze, Robin, Riddler, Two-Face, and Poison Ivy, in a movie?

Well this obviously isn't in production, but I was thinking that making reworked animated versions of the 4 Batfilms in full BTAS style would be a great idea. Of course, they would need to change some things around, like Peguin dying and being a mutant, Joker dying, Two-Face dying and being too not Two-Face like, etc. But, why stop there? We never did get to have a BTAS Knightfall story, so why not put that in too? Of course, then Bane would be unable to be in B&R, and the 4 would become 5.

With the right plot, casting, producers like Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski, and logical switching around, the 4(or 5) Batfilms would be absolutely fabulous! And of course, the BTAS cast would be in (except for Bane, the Bane in The Batman sounds cooler)

So, what do you think? List some changes you would make to give a true Batman Homage Franchise, and I don't mean something like B&R: everything, give logical reasons they need to be changed.

lorddreamer
I like that idea. I would probly change... everything lol. Probly have some actual explanation of The Batman's story and his villains. Bane wouldnt be a retard, robin would never appear (wink). Those were my two major beefs with the movies that had to do with the stories themselves.

Super Guy
Bane should have a Latin American accent... does he have that in either?
And maybe there should be some BTAS movies, though I don't see why they need be reworkings of the original films...

Bat Dude
I can see where you're coming from with that. But if they made new BTAS movies, it would just be like putting more weight on an already unstable platform. If they make new ones (which I doubt to the hightest degree) they would have to start from scratch, retelling Bats origin, having something to do with the comics, using those storylines as material. Like A Death in the Family, Knightfall Trilogy, Killing Joke, Long Halloween, etc. No they don't have to be reworking of the original films, but they do need to start over from the beginning.

Mr Parker
All the changes that would need to be done are pretty much the ones you listed,thats pretty much what ruined the movies.Got nothing more to add.

Bat Dude
Well, I've been also wondering if they should keep the costumes, names, and landmarks from the original films in the animated ones. Things like reading the Gotham Globe, seeing Shrek's company, and the Returns suit would really look cool in animation. If I could draw well enough, I would try to make a sample sketch of what it would look like in animation.

I know there is one guy on YouTube who can do amazing work, and I think he could make this idea of mine look good. He made a great Knightfall Animation, taking heavy influence from BTAS. So as a side note, since Warner Bros. definitely won't do it, maybe with enough negotiation, he would. The Knightfall Animation is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVjEhz0vd4s

Also, another change would be giving Harvey Dent a part in Returns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.