Best Team No One Is Talking About

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Hello, I have been a Los Angeles Lakers fan since 1979. Kobe is the best. PERIOD. The lakers are the best team no one is talking about. Please debate me on this.

forumcrew
your wrong. Now im not saying the lakers arnt good. But no one is talking about them? They are the Lakers, it is Kobe people are always talking. And there is an thread for NBA talk.

Darth Martin
Yeah no one ever seems to mention Pistons, Jazz, and Spurs and Kobe is talked about alot round here. He often overshadows Lakers due to his greatness.

Lord Coal
Guys, I'm from the UK and I can assure you that the only NBA team people ever really talk about over here happens to be the Lakers. Mostly cos no one here cares enough about American sports anyway, but those that do, it's all Lakers. And a bit of Shaq.

Bardock42
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Hello, I have been a Los Angeles Lakers fan since 1979. Kobe is the best. PERIOD. The lakers are the best team no one is talking about. Please debate me on this.

Didn...didn't they like not make the playoffs last year?

botankus
What about the Montgomery Biscuits, the 2006 Southern League Champions in AA ball?

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Bardock42
Didn...didn't they like not make the playoffs last year?

Somebody does not watch basketball. wink

LORDSIDIOUS01
Unfortunely folks, Despite the loss from last night, The Lakers are still the best team no one wants to talk about. They are ten or eleven guys deep and Odom and Brown return Just watch.

WrathfulDwarf
I reside in L.A. and I hate that franchise with a passion.

Oh my! how great is Kobe. He hasn't won a championship since Shaq left...and speaking of the Diesel..he is doing quite BETTER in Miami.

RecSpecs110
The Lakers are not the best team in the league. How naive of you to say that. Obviously, if you've been a fan for so long, you'd say something so subjective. laughing

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
The Lakers are not the best team in the league. How naive of you to say that. Obviously, if you've been a fan for so long, you'd say something so subjective. laughing

Best team no one talks about. And I wouldn't be so quick to say the Lakers aren't the best team in the league. We are definitely one of the best, and knocking off the Suns, Mavs and Spurs certainly helped our case out.

But I think the best team in the league right now is still the Mavs, but if they played us in the playoffs we would have a real good chance of knocking them off because we match up against them well.

We actually match up against the Spurs, Suns and Mavs well too.

Some teams we don't match up so well against, but it's great that we do against the top dogs.

Over the season so far it has become abundantly clear that we are a deep team, with one of the best benches in the league and a killer duo I think we can contend for a championship. But we have a ways to go, and that is a good thing as it will give us time to work out our kinks. As Koolruningz mentioned before we are just horrible against the pick n roll. Although they couldn't do it to us the first time we played, we better watch out for the Suns because they are the best pick n roll team in the league. But I am not worried about them because out of the top 3 teams in the West, they would be the easiest to knock off. When we get Kwame back, the Suns will be an after thought, there is no way they can handle us on the inside with just Stoudemire. We can dominate them on the inside while at the same time matching up with their team speed with our team speed, which is remarkably similar.

RecSpecs110
Eh, I'm not so sure. The Lakers have improved vastly, but they still lack experience and consistency, which are 2 huge concepts when comparing teams. Yes, best and "one of the best," are two different things. I can quickly say they are not the best, because I would put the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns ahead of them. (The Suns you'll probably disagree) But they have a better record and have shown very consistent offense. If you see their boxscores, the Suns often have 6 or 7 guys in double figures, which indicates a very strong and deep team. The Lakers are deep as well, but IMO, the Suns are deeper in the sense that their bench consistently scores, while the Lakers bench has the ability to do the same, but doesn't as much as the Suns.

I would put the Lakers at 4th, with the Rockets at a close 5th. You're right though, the Lakers are deeper, stronger, and are one of the best teams. But not the "best" team.

-hh-
Best team no one is talking about? hmmmm

Best team ever would be the Edmonton Oilers in the 1984-1990. With Gretzky on the team, Mark Messier, Paul Coffey, Glenn Anderson, Jari Kurri, Blair Macdonald, Kurt Brakenbury, Grant Fuhr etc...

the team was nearly unstoppable.

we should still be talking about them lol

wuTa
The best team noone is talkin about is the Utah Jazz, or maybe even the Nuggets, Lakers could be in last place, and people are still going to talk about them because of Kobe.

Smasandian
Originally posted by -hh-
Best team no one is talking about? hmmmm

Best team ever would be the Edmonton Oilers in the 1984-1990. With Gretzky on the team, Mark Messier, Paul Coffey, Glenn Anderson, Jari Kurri, Blair Macdonald, Kurt Brakenbury, Grant Fuhr etc...

the team was nearly unstoppable.

we should still be talking about them lol

Oh people still talk about them,

just not in the States.

Uconn4506
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I reside in L.A. and I hate that franchise with a passion.

Oh my! how great is Kobe. He hasn't won a championship since Shaq left...and speaking of the Diesel..he is doing quite BETTER in Miami.

shaq has wade and kobe has?....luke walton?

Smasandian
Man that guy in the picture has his thumb up Carter's ass. That's why he was always injured. Now I know.

wuTa
Originally posted by Uconn4506
shaq has wade and kobe has?....luke walton?

Shaq was nowhere to be find in the finals last year, Wade won that single handedly for the Heat.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by wuTa
Shaq was nowhere to be find in the finals last year, Wade won that single handedly for the Heat.

If Shaq was not on the team the Heat would not have won. No he did NOT win the championship single handedly.

-hh-
Originally posted by Smasandian
Oh people still talk about them,

just not in the States. the states dissapoint me sad lol

wuTa
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
If Shaq was not on the team the Heat would not have won. No he did NOT win the championship single handedly.

Yea, ok, what exactly did Shaq do in last years finals for you to say that. A statement like that makes me question the fact that you even seen last years Finals.

Lord Evolution
Yea, ok, what exactly did Shaq do in last years finals for you to say that. A statement like that makes me question the fact that you even seen last years Finals.

No they would not have won.

So you saying Shaq's presence had nothing to do with Wade going crazy?

If Shaq was not on the team:

1. They wold not have been in the finals.
2. Possibly could have missed playoffs but definitely would not have made it as the #2 seed.

DanZeke25

2. Possibly could have missed playoffs but definitely would not have made it as the #2 seed.

laughing laughing

Ok. I know Shaq helped a little with the Heat winning the Finals. He is Shaq, after all. But they still would have gave the Mavs a run without Shaq. They still would have made the Finals. How can you say they would possiblly MISS THE PLAYOFFS? You do realize Shaq isn't Shaq anymore, don't you? And plus, it's the Eastern Conference. Alonzo Mourning did 1000 times more than Shaq did in the Playoffs.

If Wade was not on the team.
1. They don't get passed the first round, possibly swept.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by DanZeke25
laughing laughing

Ok. I know Shaq helped a little with the Heat winning the Finals. He is Shaq, after all. But they still would have gave the Mavs a run without Shaq. They still would have made the Finals. How can you say they would possiblly MISS THE PLAYOFFS? You do realize Shaq isn't Shaq anymore, don't you? And plus, it's the Eastern Conference. Alonzo Mourning did 1000 times more than Shaq did in the Playoffs.

If Wade was not on the team.
1. They don't get passed the first round, possibly swept.

I know your a Wade fanboy, but to say the Heat would have made the Finals without Shaq is ridiculous. They would not have gotten past New Jersey.

The Heat have done so poor without Shaq, just look at their record w/o him. The stats don't lie.

wuTa

I didn't ask you if they would have won, I asked you what exactly did Shaq do in last years final to backup your claim. When Shaq was winning championships with the Lakers he was getting doubled, and tripled, and that would allow Kobe to take over. Last year, Wade was the one getting doubled and tripled, and he still was able to average 30 a game in the Finals. Sure, Shaq played a part with the Heat last year, but his impact in the Finals was anything but Shaq like, it was actually pretty average, and way below his standard of play.

Lord Evolution
I didn't ask you if they would have won, I asked you what exactly did Shaq do in last years final to backup your claim. When Shaq was winning championships with the Lakers he was getting doubled, and tripled, and that would allow Kobe to take over. Last year, Wade was the one getting doubled and tripled, and he still was able to average 30 a game in the Finals. Sure, Shaq played a part with the Heat last year, but his impact in the Finals was anything but Shaq like, it was actually pretty average, and way below his standard of play.

Shaq was still drawing double teams playing at his weakest.

But my point is, the Heat would not have won the Finals had Shaq not been there.

Even when he isn't scoring, he sill has an impact. Just his presence on the court makes the other team change their game plan completely. The Mavericks would not have game planned against Shaq, it would have been against Wade. Which I'm not saying they would have completely shut him down, but he definitely would not have gone off like he did and in the end the Heat would not have won the Finals.

Especially seeing how the games were close, take Shaq away and it is a whole different story.

wuTa
Shaq was still drawing double teams playing at his weakest.

But my point is, the Heat would not have won the Finals had Shaq not been there.

Even when he isn't scoring, he sill has an impact. Just his presence on the court makes the other team change their game plan completely. The Mavericks would not have game planned against Shaq, it would have been against Wade. Which I'm not saying they would have completely shut him down, but he definitely would not have gone off like he did and in the end the Heat would not have won the Finals.

Especially seeing how the games were close, take Shaq away and it is a whole different story.

But thats the thing, the Mavs didn't gameplan against Shaq, there gameplan was to stop Wade, and let Shaq try and beat them, but there gameplan still didnt stop Wade, he was still hitting jumpers while gettin doubled, and tripled team, the only difference Shaq made was during Wade's drives, but that lead to Wade creating buckets for Shaq, not Shaq creating buckets for Wade.

TaZ#12
The Heat WERE good, now they just cant win.

Darth Martin
They won four straight but I hope they lopse tonight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.