Sentry/ Black Panther team up against Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KPrince
It would be cool to see a Sentry/ Black Panther team up (similar to DC's Superman/ Batman team) in comics. I would like to know if Sentry and Black Panther can take down a team of Avengers comprised of:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hercules
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Thor
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Vision

Black Panther also gets prep time in this. What are your thoughts?

db_renji
With Sentry's raw power and Black Panther's mind, they have a really good shot. Especially if BP gets prep time. They might not win all the time but they have a chance at a slight majority.

Maybe 6/10, but then again while Sentry is fighting the heavy hitters BP might get taken out by a gang of them. And with the brain of the operation gone, Sentry would fall.

So, I guess maybe more like 3-4/10 for BP/Sentry.

KPrince
Originally posted by db_renji
With Sentry's raw power and Black Panther's mind, they have a really good shot. Especially if BP gets prep time. They might not win all the time but they have a chance at a slight majority.

Maybe 6/10, but then again while Sentry is fighting the heavy hitters BP might get taken out by a gang of them. And with the brain of the operation gone, Sentry would fall.

So, I guess maybe more like 3-4/10 for BP/Sentry.

Ok, good point, what if the Avengers do not have Thor? Reason being he would be a huge deciding factor when it comes to buying the Avengers time to take out BP, but with him removed, does it change the outcomes more in favor of Sentry/BP?

KPrince
Is this an interesting match up or no?

db_renji
Actually I think the match up becomes closer know that you remove Thor. Upon thinking on it further BP/Sentry's chances relied almost entirely on what BP could come up with during his prep.

Because without the prep the duo doesn't have a real chance, now that i think about it. The reason is b/c it is arguable that Thor vs Sentry is an intense fight for either so add another god (Hercules), Iron-Man, and Ms.Marvel, and i think that Sentry bites the dust. And BP has a tough time just taking Cap out, so add Spider-woman, Hawkeye, Luke, and Vision and its a curb stomp.

The reason I gave them some wins (six might have been a little overzealous) was because I've seen BP do absolute miracles with prep time and if he could coordinate that with Sentry it could be devastating.

But i think this thread would work much better w/o the godly addition of Thor. Then at that i can stand to argue BP/Sentry 4-5/10. BUt BP would still need to be able to have his prep. And the Avengers doesn't have any idea of whats to come. They could attack them at Avengers Tower and take them by surprise or something.

Beta Ray Howard
Black Panther decides that the white Sentry is coming down on him, so he ditches him and dies.

Grimm22
Thor and Herc vs Sentry = 1 dead guy with a big stupid 'S' belt

BP with prep vs

Captain America
Iron Man
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Vision

?

Yeah he isn't beating them all unless he has MASSIVE prep time, and even then, Thor and Herc come back and kill him instantaneously

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Black Panther decides that the white Sentry is coming down on him, so he ditches him and dies.

laughing

KPrince
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thor and Herc vs Sentry = 1 dead guy with a big stupid 'S' belt

BP with prep vs

Captain America
Iron Man
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Vision

?

Yeah he isn't beating them all unless he has MASSIVE prep time, and even then, Thor and Herc come back and kill him instantaneously

laughing

I removed Thor from the fight.

KPrince
In relation to Black Panther's Prep time, he has prepped for these specific Avengers and they do not know that he and Sentry are going to attack. As we know, BP always thinks several steps ahead of his opponents. We also know that BP knows how most of these Avengers fight (individually and together) and how to counter their attacks with the appropriate Wakandan tech. Another thing I will add to this is that he has a generally good understanding of Sentry's powers (those powers revealed thus far) and can use that to aid him in his planning of how to take these Avengers down (it is always good to know your ally's capabilities as well as your enemy's).

marvelprince
Think Sentry's little underrated here. Carol as Binary was comparable to Thor (not as strong or stronger but close), and she got properly owned by the Collective who was going toe to toe with Sentry. Remove Thor from this match and sic Sentry on the team and its game over man, game over

golem370
Extremis Iron Man & Immortal Hercules could give Sentry a good fight.

marvelprince
Originally posted by golem370
Extremis Iron Man & Immortal Hercules could give Sentry a good fight.

Extremis Iron Man was being owned in his own book by Sentry, until Tony used his brain to mess with Bob.

Herc could stand up to Sentry though

guy222
Originally posted by KPrince
It would be cool to see a Sentry/ Black Panther team up (similar to DC's Superman/ Batman team) in comics. I would like to know if Sentry and Black Panther can take down a team of Avengers comprised of:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hercules
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Thor
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Vision

Black Panther also gets prep time in this. What are your thoughts?

team

Grimm22
The real vision (not the YA one) would be able to hold his own with Sentry

llagrok
The real vision (not the YA one) would be able to hold his own with Sentry

Vision hold his own against the man who has the power of a million exploding suns? Who is completely invulnerable and has vast mental powers and strength above Hulk level?

Unless the team comes up with a way to contain the Sentry, Sentry/BP wins.

Validus
Vision probably isn't holding his own with Sentry. The best he can do is stay intangible and hope not to get She-Hulk'd again.

LordFear
Originally posted by marvelprince
Extremis Iron Man was being owned in his own book by Sentry, until Tony used his brain to mess with Bob.

Herc could stand up to Sentry though

That's usually how Tony wins against foes too powerful for him. He doesn't always use raw might and that's what makes him so unpredictable and cool although as of late they have been shying away from that concept

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
Vision probably isn't holding his own with Sentry. The best he can do is stay intangible and hope not to get She-Hulk'd again.

I didn't mean he could beat him, but I think he could put up a good fight

llagrok
Everyone in the Avengers can put up a fight against Sentry, even Thumbelina can do that, but no one can beat him.

LordFear
and to tell ya the truth, getting beat up by Sentry if you are only a normal human is not a humiliating thing. I mean its freaking Sentry. You got bested by a damn good opponent, nothing ugly about that

Validus
I didn't mean he could beat him, but I think he could put up a good fight
I'm not seeing how. Other than an arm through the chest (which he'd be lucky to pull off) and a full density dive bomb, I don't see him messing with Sentry at all.

Longinus
Sentry would speedblitz all of these people, what??? People use that argument for Superman all the time. I honestly don't see Sentry being touched. Thor was their best bet but I think he'd get blitzed too and Sentry would beat him for the majority as he doesn't have a weakness to magic as the other S-man does.

Validus
I'm inclined to agree. Not that Sentry would beat Thor but without him on the Avengers team, they don't have much in the way of stopping him.

Longinus
You think Thor would win the majority over Sentry. I mean people usually give Thor the mjority over Supes because of his weakness to magic but against Captain Marvel, he'd lose. And that's basically what Sentry is, a Superman with no weakness to magic but is ruthless, arguably as strong, fast, durable and intelligent as him. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just see Thor not taking Sentry.

Validus
I don't give Sentry the benefit of the doubt on being equal to Superman.

Longinus
Why not, even characters in Marvel act like he's the second coming of Jesus. Anyway I believe in Sentry's hype because I think Marvel needs a real Superman. Not some Hyperion, Gladiator. One question Validus, do you think Apollo or Majestic are Superman calibur?

Validus
When Sentry gets more showings under his belt, he probably will be "equal" to Superman. I just don't see it now. He hasn't shown the speed, the durability, and unless you count The Void's Hulk crushing feat, the strength to be equal Superman. The Hulk is neutered from just being near Sentry so even that isn't as impressive as it should be in theory.

As for the other question. Majestic? Yes. Apollo? No.

Longinus
Ah, cool. Just wondering. This has inspired me to make an Apollo vs Sentry thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.