Pizza Patron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
A small chain of pizza parlors stretching from mid-Cali to Texas. And everywhere in between, has a new policy that they will begin to accept Mexican pesos as their alternative currency. Using an easy to understand conversion chart, just to make sure that they don't lose money during the purchase, they will now allow customers to purchase pizza with their unused pesos.

More to my point, I good friend of mine happens to work at a facility in the Los Angeles area, and he's been telling me he's been getting numerous calls from people calling them unpatriotic, wrong and unnecessary. The fact that customers have gone to the trouble of using a maelstrom of four letter words only brings the reality of the situation to a small protest.

My question is simple, who in their right minds would care? The pizza chain still accepts U.S. dollars, and the residents, mostly Hispanic, see this as a great opportunity to use their unused pesos from their trips.

My question you all of you is, what is your opinion on this? Would it matter to you if they continue accepting both U.S. and Mexican currency? If it does, why?

Fortunately, this experiment will only last four months. If after the four months go by, and the experiment is a success, the pizza chain will permanently accept pesos.

Kinneary
It's a very practical idea, and the chain will get more business (probably) since people with unused pesos might decide to use them at their facility instead of just letting them sit around.

I can see where the other side is coming from, though I don't necessarily agree with it.

botankus
In my hometown of Gainesville, Georgia, which is one of the hottest Mexican immigration spots (so much that it was featured in one of Bush's national speeches on immigration), there are hundreds of establishments that do this. No one that isn't Mexican cares; they wouldn't go there if they did or didn't.

ThePittman
I have no problem with it what so ever, in countries like Mexico and Canada they accept US dollars so what is the difference.

Fishy
I really don't see the problem, if company's can make more money like this it's probably a smart thing for them to do.

ThePittman

Robtard
Just another chess move in Mexico's attempt at taking over the U.S.... First we have to accept their illegal immigrants, now we have to accept their currency, what's next? Should we accept their laws.

Soleran
Originally posted by Robtard
Just another chess move in Mexico's attempt at taking over the U.S.... First we have to accept their illegal immigrants, now we have to accept their currency, what's next? Should we accept their laws.

Nope but apparently California wants to make sure they have health care as well.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard

A joke, I hope.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Bardock42
A joke, I hope.

Nah-just you.

WrathfulDwarf
Believe it or not...I tasted their pizzas and they're okay. I think is a little pointless in accepting Mexican pesos. Why? because if you visit certain towns in Baja California the restaurant mexican owners would take Dollars over their own currency. Pesos are like....whatever.

Scythe
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Believe it or not...I tasted their pizzas and they're okay. I think is a little pointless in accepting Mexican pesos. Why? because if you visit certain towns in Baja California the restaurant mexican owners would take Dollars over their own currency. Pesos are like....whatever.

I know it's pointless, but quite a few Hispanic households have a small fortune in unused pesos. The fact that, racial issues come up, only makes things worse.

I mean, for example, Hispanic citizens were allowed to vote for Mexico's next president. Why the f**k would that be allowed? They don't live there. So, in some case, Mexico's laws are spewing about here in So. Cal..

But, such an experiment, where pesos are also accepted, shouldn't matter to anyone. And, there's no real reason to be harassing the employees with racial comments and four letter words. People equal shit at times.

Nellinator
Originally posted by ThePittman
I have no problem with it what so ever, in countries like Mexico and Canada they accept US dollars so what is the difference.
Some places in Canada accept American money, but these are generally in southern Canada in high tourist locations.

On the topic: I think its a good idea. If it's good for business, then keep it going. This is capitalism that benefits people of all classes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.