Peter David SUCKS at writing these novelisations!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
He changes too many things!

In the second, his description of Peter made Peter seem rude, arrogant, and self-centred all the time and very whiney.

The robot at the start was RIDICULOUS!!!! It was too unplausible and wasn't 'grounded' enough!

He adds in extra bits to scenes that make them less effective.

Like in the movie when Peter tells Aunt May the truth she gets up and walks upstairs, doesn't come back and say anything. This was so effective, clearly her heart was broken. She was wounded.

In the book, she told him to leave and that she needed to be alone. That was stupid, it took away the effect, and that wasn't who Aunt May is.

He also describes the characters different, he changes who they were by giving their stupid views at certain points. Like in the book when MJ met up with Peter at the cafe. The description of her feelings wasn't her, it described her full of hate and anger. In the movie her expression was of pain, she was hurt and shocked only, which was much better.

Also, he changes the dialouge and makes it SO less effective then the movie. When Peter goes to Aunt May in the film, the dialouge was so gripping and emotionally effective. In the book he changed it, it wasn't emotional or effective.

He's not descriptive enough.

I wish they got Matthew Strover (Revenge of The Sith novelisation) to write this. He is SO good, so descriptive and creative with his work.

doctorstrongbad
Where did you find these? I would like to check them out.

Dan-El
You'd think for a comic book writer, he'd be a bit better at description. He's a great writer when it comes to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (Hobgoblin 2199 arc excluded).

Dinalfos
Actually, David is one of the best writers outthere. You just don't agree with the choices he made. And neither do I. I didn't even bother to sell the book, I just gave it away.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Actually, David is one of the best writers outthere. You just don't agree with the choices he made. And neither do I. I didn't even bother to sell the book, I just gave it away.

Did it just come out? I'll have to check my local comic store, and make my own decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.