OT vs PT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kadesh
ok, which of these trilogies do you think is better?

For me its the OT of course, The PT pretty much destroys the magic of TESB and the PT looks like it was made for kids,

Ask yourelf, how many young kids actually liked the OT? i dont know any who do. They werent born in the 1970's or 80's and so they would watch the PT like episode 1, and by doing so it wrecks the OT pretty badly.

Of course there was a reason why lucas added jar jar in ep1.. for the kids of course and they release he is outrageously childish when they grow older.

Darth Sexy
OT was the better storyline for starts, but the point is both complement each other. Neither one would be better without the other, both are needed. I liked the PT because it dealt with the force and force abilities, jedi, saber dueling, etc. The OT didn't have much of that, so bot have certain things one would like. But the OT was the best trilogy.

kamikz
Isn't the VS forums for characters? Well I couldn't care less...

I prefer the OT as well! I'm 16, but I prefered it as an 8 year old to! I like the PT to though!

Kadesh
i only liked episode 1 and 2 for the PT.

Btw if Lucas disregards the EU so much, then ROTS messes up ANH, how did every body even know about vader if he only appears for like what 20 seconds in the movie?

General G
Because when ROTS ends, he doesn't just go sit in a corner and play with a feather for twenty years...

Darth Sexy
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rampant ox
Originally posted by General G
Because when ROTS ends, he doesn't just go sit in a corner and play with a feather for twenty years...

Lol. laughing

Tangible God
Well of course Lucas relies on the EU. If Lucas didn't read RODV, (which incidentally came out after ROTS) how would he have been able to make Vader appear at the end of the movie without knowing that his legacy would be made through paperback novels?

darthsith19
Lets see... first of all, you wern't born in the 70's or 80's and you say you like the OT better. Um, my cousin likes the PT and the OT, he was born in 1996.

I like both the same. OT ahs a betetr story, better acting, ect. POT has better action, special effects, ect. OT ahs better directing, and music, though the PT has my two favorite SW songs in it. PT has Maul, too. Overall I like them equally. My lsit goes like this:
1. ROTJ
2. ROTS
3. ??? Probably ESB ???
4. AOTC
5. ANH
6. TPM (would be higher but Jar Jar and Little Anakin bring it down. Erase them and it would be above AOTC and maybe ESB)

Rampant ox
PT had Christopher Lee. Enough said.

Lightsnake
So did 'Dracula 1979'....

Rampant ox
So did 255 odd other movies, and 95% of them were so much better thanks to the inclusion of Mr Lee. The PT is no different.

Tangible God
No denying that.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Rampant ox
So did 255 odd other movies, and 95% of them were so much better thanks to the inclusion of Mr Lee. The PT is no different.

You know what, this actually has merit no expression

Originally posted by General G

LMAO laughing

Kadesh
i wonder, if dooku was in the OT would he be in a wheel chair? I think Rampant would love vader if vaders actor was C lee rather than david prowse

Rampant ox
Well, Mr Lee's distinctive voice is almost as recognisable as Vaders own. But it wouldnt be the same experience if you couldnt actually see Mr Lee, therefore I would still like Dooku more. Unless there wasnt a Dooku because Christopher Lee is now playing Vader. I think I just confused myself. wacko

I dont see why he would be in a wheelchair. Yoda was 800+ and he was still hobbling around, albeit with a cane.

Kadesh
ok what if it was dooku wearing vaders entire suit but without the helmet? Personally they made dooku too plain in the movie(outfit) other than that hes badass

Tangible God
Yeah, Dooku needed to have like some mystical battle armour that could shoot lightsabers. You know, to give the guy who came up with Lord Nyax something to base him off.

Rampant ox
I actually lol'd in response to the last two posts (in a good way). His outfit was meant to represent Mr Lee's portrayal as Dracula. It was also elegant and expensive, representing Dooku's personality I feel. Anyway, I liked it. A nice change to the Jedi/Sith Robes.

kamhal
OT has a good storyline but i like more PT just due to the lightsaber fights and the star battles smile

Tangible God
Originally posted by kamhal
OT has a good storyline but i like more PT just due to the lightsaber fights and the star battles smile I'm guessing your birthdate to be around 1991 and upwards.

Captain REX
The OT could survive without the PT...

((The_Anomaly))
I don't like either trilogy over the other. But I think overall I enjoy the PT movies more then the OT movies, based solely because ANH is my least favorite of all the movies.

My order is:

1. ROTJ
2. ROTS
3. ESB
4. AOTC
5. TPM
6. ANH

So really I don't have a preferred trilogy. But I prefer to think of them not as two separate trilogies, but rather a whole saga.

General Kenobl
As Anomally has written, each movie has its pros and cons. I consider Revenge of the Sith to be the 2nd best movie due to it's spectacular graphics and fight scenes. However, the acting and storyline is not much at all compared to the OT's Empire Strikes Back.

The idiosyncrasies of the PT is to often flaunt the advanced moviemaking graphics, while the OT is often to show the interaction of characters and the epic storyline at hand.

Overall, this is why I consider the movies to be in this order:

1.) ESB
2.) ROTS
3.) ROTJ
4.) AOTC
5.) ANH
6.) TPM

EDIT: So taking the movies in this order, I presume I prefer the OT better since I rank them overall better. However, Revenge of the Sith outclasses all of them except Empire Strikes Back.

Tangible God
I didn't used to like ANH, but when I take into consideration that it was the first of all the movies, Lucas was extremely pressed for money and time, and he didn't have much support for it, it came out pretty freakin' good.

Darth Sexy
ANH was the biggest money money I believe.

Kadesh
I didnt like ANH, they should render the whole film to CGI

((The_Anomaly))
I just think 90% of it was boring in comparison to the other 5 movies.

Rampant ox
Tarkin was awesome to watch, as was "What a wonderful smell you've discovered". The battle against the Death Star was also fantastic, yet apart from that I find it rather boring. The cantina scene really annoys me as well, so overall I rank it last.

Kadesh
i only liked the PT due to Dooku, Thats AOTC only and quigon made me like epi1, Stupid ROTS, dooku was suppose to die halfway in the movie not during the start

kamikz
Hmmm, personally I love ANH, almost my favourite of them all.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Tarkin was awesome to watch, as was "What a wonderful smell you've discovered". The battle against the Death Star was also fantastic, yet apart from that I find it rather boring. The cantina scene really annoys me as well, so overall I rank it last.

Indeed there are parts that are VERY good about it, as a matter of fact it might have my favorite scene in ALL of SW, the scene with Vader and Tarkin when Vader says "I find you lack of faith disturbing" I love that line, and I love that scene. As well, all the stuff at the beginning of ANH I love, because it ties into ROTS so well now (and the PT) I love the part with Luke and Ben in Ben's hut. Awesome scene. And the Death star battle was ok, but not in comparison to the other movies large scale action scenes. The problem is that almost everything else I just find boring when compared to the rest of the movies. ANH is still a damn good movie though, just when compared to the likes of ESB, ROTJ and ROTS its a borefest.

Tangible God
Originally posted by kamikz
Hmmm, personally I love ANH, almost my favourite of them all. Ditto. Just below ESB.

darthsith19
What, ppl dindn't like ANH!? I have never heard that from a sw fan before. Sure it has less action and worse saber duels compared to the otehrs but it's THE Original! And it has alot of good lines, and Obi-Wan is awesome in it! The Cantina Bar music and scene, the Death Star, the space battle at the beginning! I LOVE that stuff!

Mizukage Yoda
ITs good but not the best

Tangible God
Originally posted by darthsith19
What, ppl dindn't like ANH!? I have never heard that from a sw fan before. Sure it has less action and worse saber duels compared to the otehrs but it's THE Original! And it has alot of good lines, and Obi-Wan is awesome in it! The Cantina Bar music and scene, the Death Star, the space battle at the beginning! I LOVE that stuff! To be black about it: "It's teh shit, man."

I mean that in a good way.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
ITs good but not the best
No, but it's still one of the six greatest movies of all time.

Mizukage Yoda
Very true

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
The OT could survive without the PT...

and vice Versa wink

Kadesh
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
and vice Versa wink wrong, The pt only got attention because people want to know how anain became vader. The PT dies without the OT

Tangible God
Hell, for 16 years between ROTJ and TPM, the OT was doing just fine without the PT. Whereas the PT was born of a desire to see the back story to the OT.

Rampant ox
Yes, the OT could have gone on just fine without the PT, but not the other way around. Not because the OT are better movies though, but because of the way the PT was written and how it ended.

darthsith19
True, the OT could do fine without the PT. However, I think what
Mizukage Yoda meant to say is if the PT had been made first it could have done well even if there was no OT.

Kadesh
i doubt that, look at TESBs magic

Rampant ox
Well because of the way the PT ended I doubt it would have worked as a stand alone trilogy. The Empire had just taken over the galaxy, we caught our first glimpse of Darth Vader and most importantly the construction of the Death Star was under way. Not to mention our heroes Yoda and Obi-Wan were still around and there was now two young Skywalkers to worry about. The viewer need to see the OT to find out what happens, otherwise there are to many loose ends.

Tangible God
Well if they altered the end of the ROTS to show the twins dieing in childbirth, Yoda killed by Palpatine, Obi-Wan cathing pneumonia, and Bail Organa and Mon Mothma dieing from a spmotaneous encounter with a Gundark, then the Star Wars Trilogy with just the prequels would be the best example to where the bad guys win.

Only then could it survive without the OT.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by darthsith19
What, ppl dindn't like ANH!? I have never heard that from a sw fan before. Sure it has less action and worse saber duels compared to the otehrs but it's THE Original! And it has alot of good lines, and Obi-Wan is awesome in it! The Cantina Bar music and scene, the Death Star, the space battle at the beginning! I LOVE that stuff!

I didn't say I don't like ANH, I just like it less then the other 5 SW movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.