Do you like to write movie reviews?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LindbergMTL
Howdie,

How much to like writing movie reviews?

WrathfulDwarf
Not very much...what I call "review" is not an actual review per se. It's more like a personal response to the film and not an actual analysis. Am I critical of the movie critics? certainly. They're getting pay to review and provide an analysis of the film for the movie goers.

So when a Movie critics gives "Two thumbs up" to a movie base on their political stand rather than the actual film itself. I just dismiss it and don't even bother with the film. I wait for it on DVD. That way if I know I don't like it. I just press stop and try another.

Strangelove
I used to write reviews, but then I decided that I didn't care.

Silverstein
i used to write quick summary reviews for my movies, but yeah like Strangelove i just stopped and didnt care.

The Core
I used to write reviews in a few threads here, then when a sentence or two became everyone's idea of a "review", I gave up.

Strangelove
I used the Movie Review Forum back when we had it, but when it went, the desire went srug

Wolfie
I write movie reviews for my college paper.

bakerboy
Im am strange case, i love to writte several things, cinema reviews between them( in fact, im actually some kind of cinema critic in some web pages and blogs), but i hate to read it form another people, included myself.

I do the job, i writte the review, i check it for the last time, and then i publish my review. In this moment, i forget what i did writte very fast.

soin2cal
I am a big fan of writing movie reviewslaughing out loud
I am a big writer though. I always rate movies on amazon, the last account i had a couple of years ago was ranked as one of the highest due to the amount of reviews i had written, also how many people thought that they were helpfullaughing out loud

Bain
Depending on how good it is.

If its amazing-I cant wait to tell the people why and what the better aspects are.

If horrible, same, but with the opposite tone.

If its mediocre I just tell people meh, dont expect anything special.

MildPossession
I don't write full blown reviews..., but just long personal responses like WrathfulDwarf mentioned. I am the main film reviewer on another message board where I am a moderator.

As for other peoples reviews, I read a lot of reviews but I never let the critics stop me from seeing a film or not just because they said it was awful. Or it got a bla bla rating on imdb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.