Favorite Beatle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
John
Paul
George
Ringo

Whether for it's their beatle music, solo music, their beliefs, or that you can just relate to them. WHo is your favorite Beatle

Redatom65
Mine's John. I like his Beatle and Solo music more than the others and I believe You Should Give Peace A Chance

Solo
John Lennon, by far. I don't think many will argue, either. Won't be much of a poll.

The Core
The Fifth Beatle

Strangelove
Umm...all of them were knighted, not just Paul.

And I voted Ringo just to be funny

manorastroman
ringo's a comedic genius in the films. george harrison is too into eastern philosophy. john lennon, like it or not, is kind of a huge t wat. his solo career is by far the best, though. mccartney turned into a right bastard, but i think he is mostly responsible for some of my favorite tunes. especially melodically.

StinkFist462
this forum is getting awfully filled with Beatle's discussions. wouldn't you say?

King KAM
reppin mcartney because i9 know everyone else will vote for lennon

Dusty
Ringo!

amity75
George. His "All Things Must Pass" album is better than any solo album either John or Paul put out. yes

bakerboy
Easily, John Winston Lennon. I look a lot like him( same kind of glasses included), my way of thinking and behaving is very similar to him and his music was the best one for me. Paul was the good boy, George the quite, shy and philosophical man, ringo the comedic one ,and john was the intellectual, the heroe, the rebell, the clown , the most innovative one, etc. John Lennon rules

Also i like his music more and i think that he had the best solo career.

With beatles:

Lucy in the sky with diamonds
A day in the life
Im the walrus
Strawberry fields forever
Help
Revolution

Solo career:
Imagine
Woman
A jealous guy
Working class hero
Instant karma
mind games
Rel love
God
Give peace a chance

John Lennon is the man.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Strangelove
Umm...all of them were knighted, not just Paul.

And I voted Ringo just to be funny

actually only Paul was the only one knighted and That was in 1997. All of them were appointed Members of the Order of the British Empire in 1965.

BobbyD
Paul.

Punkyhermy
Lennon!

ElectricBugaloo
George Harrison

I think he had the best post-Beatles solo album of any of them; All Things Must Pass.

He also wrote some of my favorite Beatles songs:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Taxman
Here Comes the Sun
Something

Add in the Concert for Bangladesh, his movie production of - among others - Monty Python and the hilariously bad Time Bandits. His guitar work, much like Paul's bass work, is still underrated. He also was the Beatle who started the Eastern-inspired music that became the vogue for a portion of the 60s and 70s.

And his tribute to John Lennon, "All Those Years Ago" is a forgotten classic. Ringo and Paul actually performed on this track, so it was the closest thing to a Beatles reunion after their breakup.

And the Traveling Wilburys (with Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne) were actually a pretty good band.

tabby999
Ringo. He made me laugh the most on the simpsons.

Alpha Centauri
My grandmother has some vinyl of The Travelling Wilburys, I don't remember the names of the songs she used to play though.

-AC

BobbyD
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
My grandmother has some vinyl of The Travelling Wilburys, I don't remember the names of the songs she used to play though.

-AC

Wasn't George briefly a part of The Traveling Wilburys? confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by BobbyD
Wasn't George briefly a part of The Traveling Wilburys? confused

Not briefly.

Nellinator
The Travelling Wilbury's had an interesting line up. Roy Orbison almost doesn't seem to fit.

Redatom65
still I enjoyed the traveling wilburries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.