Martian Manhunter vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Roldz
I did a search nothing came up, i quess this 2 never face each other in here forum..

So who wins if this 2 face on even field fresh and full powered?
Battles takes place in the moon.. Each side can ask for help but only for 1 minute; Superman on MM's side and Sentry on Apoc. side...

Myself i gave slight advantage to MM's; Faster, intangibility, i think a far stronger psi-scan.. 6-7/10 for MM..

Prove me wrong..

TricksterPriest
Apocalypse is far more powerful than MM. With the flame weakness, a burst of flame and it's game over. With the revised version, same deal. Even without that, Apocalypse is virtually indestructible to MM. Nothing MM can do is capable of beating Apoc. And I defy YOU to prove that MM's TP is equal to Apoc's, not the other way around. stick out tongue Molecular body control over intangibility and martian shapeshifting. rock

Roldz
MM's no longer weak to flames.. I could say desame to MM his virtually undestructible, i doubt that there is anything Apoc. could do to harm him.. See Fernus feat, that should qualify psi abilities far higher than Apoc.. All MM need to do to take him out is to shape shift into a coffe table and hurl himself toward him for a BFR win stick out tongue .. gotta sleep..

TricksterPriest
Fernus is not applicable, he doesn't have the same level of power he did during that period. And J'onn himself said he still had the flame weakness. * The flame and I are again bound, body and soul... but not as before... I can withstand simple fire without pain. Candle flame, or a burning forest, it matters not unless -- they are flames of psychic significance. Flames of suffering, as The Burning created... flames of passion, as an arsonist might create... flames of love. Those... those most of all I cannot bear." Prometheus was able to beat MM by destabilizing his molecular structure, and Apoc can do that easily.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers20.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/powers21.png

Not to mention the massive strength advantage and energy abilities.

Roldz
Thats Harbinger not Apoc, I think this guys even more stronger than his master.. He was made by the celestial tech at Apoc. command and took a few centuries to make.. I dont know how that scan be of help on this fight..

When was MM depowered? later got too sleep..lol

cheap cabbage
Apoc's got 2 advantages over MM. He's smarter, and he can manipulate energy better. But none of that matters. Cause MM can call on the one and only Kal-el. All MM has to do is use his telepathy to make superman super-pissed (ignore the bad pun). One minute is all superman needs to FTL to the sun for a quick sundip. Apoc can call sentry if he wants, but none of them have a chance in hell against a sundipped murderous rage superman.

Loot

Martian_mind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Fernus is not applicable, he doesn't have the same level of power he did during that period. And J'onn himself said he still had the flame weakness. * The flame and I are again bound, body and soul... but not as before... I can withstand simple fire without pain. Candle flame, or a burning forest, it matters not unless -- they are flames of psychic significance. Flames of suffering, as The Burning created... flames of passion, as an arsonist might create... flames of love. Those... those most of all I cannot bear." Prometheus was able to beat MM by destabilizing his molecular structure, and Apoc can do that easily.

Well this shall be interesting.
1.Just because Apoc beat Xavier doesn't put him anywhere near Jonn in his normal form

http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=30588_jokerjonn1.jpg

http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=30593_jokerjonn2.jpg

Thats joker and if i remember rightly didn't his mind disturb the spectre?

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla058106xs.jpg

That was protex he fooled,A martian who's abilities were able to fool superman for 2 issues.

Jonn has also peirced the telepathic wake of Mageddon, you know the device that could telepathically affect planets full of Darkseid level beings.

He once telepathically fooled an Omnipotent man whilst allowing flash to see through supermans eyes,he has linked every heroes on the planet telepathically several times,and has read every person on the planets minds at once without aid.

Jonn has also telepathically thrust himself into the minds of Superman,batman,GL,Plasticman and the spectre all at the same time.

2.Strength advantage?
I,m assuming as his biggest feat of strength will be Restraining hulk?

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla81eu2sy.jpg

FYI in that scan he's restraining Orion,Big barda and Wonder woman Orion has stalemated supes,Diana is in his league and Barda has held up a continent.

Oh and Priest,Prometheus softened up jonn with fire an advantage Apoc don't have as Jonn has shown well after the Fernus arc or Omac incident
in Batman/superman taking a full on flamethrower fine.P.s you are aware Jonn is faster than a speeding bullet?

http://img44.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc144&image=852_JLA057_10_11.jpg

So it was well in his power to phase through that first Dart.It's called Jobbing Apoc should be familiar with that.

juggernaut66666
MM ftw people here ofter under rate him.

Loot
thats right MM needs more respect around here.

xmeat
apacolypse he wont have to fight get his horsemen.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Roldz
Thats Harbinger not Apoc

You are aware that there is another person in that scan roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Apoc's got 2 advantages over MM. He's smarter, and he can manipulate energy better. But none of that matters. Cause MM can call on the one and only Kal-el. All MM has to do is use his telepathy to make superman super-pissed (ignore the bad pun). One minute is all superman needs to FTL to the sun for a quick sundip. Apoc can call sentry if he wants, but none of them have a chance in hell against a sundipped murderous rage superman.

And none of that matters. Because this is Apoc vs. MM.

swerve1988
CPT. APOC

StarsNeverFall7
MM for the majority, again he is vastly underrated on the forums.

guy222
Jonn

ElBeyonder
MM

spetznaz
This is an interesting thread, and good points can be made for either side.

The main thing, IMO, is that the Martian Manhunter is seriously disrespected on KMC. I've read in the past all sorts of posts that make him seem like some nobody (one person even said that he was not even important in the JLA, when anyone who reads comics knows that it is the ManHunter who is the BACKBONE of the JLA, who has always been with the JLA since its beginning, and without whom there would have been no League ....but someone comes up and says he is not important).

His level of strength has been downplayed (he is one of the strongest heroes), his speed ignored (he is exceedingly fast), his invulnerability mocked (the guy is basically immortal, and is even able to regenerate lost body parts instantly ...even a head .....although that is almost never necessary because he is very resilient), his telepathy looked down on (any time you see someone comparing MM with Xavier it just goes to show they know nothing of the Manhunter .....he is beyond Xavier in every single way possible), his level of strategy forgoten (the guy is smarter than everyone but Batman on the JLA), his level of lethality not taken into account (there is a reason why he has been stated, several times and by different heroes, that he is the most dangerous being on Earth .....goodness, the guy is a shapeshifting, phasing, size increasing, telepathic, Superman ....it was interesting how EASILY MM took out the evil Superman .....actually quite frightening ....spikes just came out of his body and that guy was done), and most of his other powers ignored (I once listed all his abilities, and the guy is just insane ....he even has the ability to absorb inorganic material and increase his size to gigantic levels).

Anyways, whether MM can win or not is moot in my opinion. What is more important is how people immediately discount him, when he is actually one of the more dangerous characters on DC and Marvel Earth.

As for Fenrus ....he was not an 'amped' Martian Manhunter. He was not like Superman after taking a sundip, or Popeye after eating spinach, or Bananaman after eating a banana.

That was NORMAL Martian Manhunter .....after having the blocks that made him hold back removed (that were put there by the Guardians, in the past, after they realized that the Burning Martians could become real threats on a galactic level once they discovered space travel). He did not get an amp ....he just lost his blocks, which brought out his TRUE nature.

The average MM you see is actually seriously holding back (more than Superman ever does), and yet even that iteration took out Ultraman like he was a chump!

TricksterPriest
I respect MM. He wins this 10/10. Apocalypse could only win if marvel actually tried to use his powerset the way it was supposed to be done.

Apoc's powers are a combo of Henshaw and Martian Manhunter. erm He should almost never lose to anyone under low-mid herald.

Hell, if he got the DC treatment, he'd be a team-buster.

Manhunter wins, but my boy Apoc has almost never been written to a 1/10th of his potential. no

spetznaz
I respect MM. He wins this 10/10. Apocalypse could only win if marvel actually tried to use his powerset the way it was supposed to be done.

Apoc's powers are a combo of Henshaw and Martian Manhunter. erm He should almost never lose to anyone under low-mid herald.

Hell, if he got the DC treatment, he'd be a team-buster.

Manhunter wins, but my boy Apoc has almost never been written to a 1/10th of his potential. no
If there was an inter-company exchange draft, Apoc is a character that needs to immediately move to DC.

He'd be a world beater. Not even a team beater ....a world beater.

This is why, for instance, I did not say who would win between MM and Apoc (because, if Apoc was written well he would be a nightmare). I decided to just concentrate on the underestimation of the Martian Manhunter (no need to touch on Apoc ....nearly everyone here knows he is written soppy and downgraded by Marvel, but MM on the other hand is written very well by DC, but most people on KMC still sleep on him ....although I'd bet most of those are Wikipedia-readers who never touch comics, check something out on Wiki, and then come and post). That is why i did not say MM would win, or Apoc would win.

But it's true .....in the same way that MM is slept on by KMC members, Apocalypse is SERIOUSLY slept on by Marvel Comics.

It is like he stole money or something!

CaptainStoic
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=434280& amp;highlight=Martian+Manhunter+vs+Apocalypse+foru
mid%3A77

occultdestroyer

banandur

retard
Retard.

I'm Bran

Apoc's powers are a combo of Henshaw and Martian Manhunter. I know this was a while ago, but ugh.

I had to stop reading after this.

occultdestroyer
Apoc is nowhere near the level of Martian Manhunter, even more so Henshaw.

Martian Manhunter wins. He's no longer weak to fire, I have no idea how Apoc could overpower a being of this magnitude.

Silent Guardian
this is Spite. Apoc wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.