Hyperstorm vs. Atum the God EaterI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

boriquaking55
I was wondering which of these two would be considered the more powerful -

The Mutant who can control all the forces of Nature or the Eater of the Old Gods.

Who you got?

TricksterPriest
Powerful as Hyperstorm is, for once he has bit off more than he can chew. He's just lucky he's not fighting Demogorge. Atum curbstomps him.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I was wondering which of these two would be considered the more powerful -

The Mutant who can control all the forces of Nature or the Eater of the Old Gods.

Who you got?

im not sure ...

not only does Hyperstorm control the forces of nature, he draws upon the power of hyperspace, is part of the phoenix force because of his mother, and can use any mutants power as if it were his own, like Franklin Richard's reality altering powers and Rachel's time jumping...

but, atum is a beast, the more powerful his opponent, the faster he becomes the demogorge...

i say stalemate...

for awhile...

TricksterPriest
Atum only becomes Demogorge if he's fighting gods. Atum has the power of the sun and he's whupped Elder gods like Set and Cthon. Hyperstorm got turned into Galactus's tv dinner. Atum eats him alive.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Atum only becomes Demogorge if he's fighting gods. Atum has the power of the sun and he's whupped Elder gods like Set and Cthon. Hyperstorm got turned into Galactus's tv dinner. Atum eats him alive.

yes...

but once he's absorbed enough energy, he reverts to demogorge form...

anyway, the G vs H fight, Reed trapped H in mid-battle, in no way whatsoever did G trap him on his own...

now, there is a reason why reed trapped him, Hyperstorm is too powerful for his own good...

also, when atum confronted the elder gods for the second time (cthon, i think as the others were banished, or set, i forgot), it took him years to defeat him because neither would budge as atum kept on siphoning the energy, while the elder god dumped loads on him...

anyway, i place big G over and above the elder gods in stature and power...

IMHO, its a stalemate...

guy222

He's an amalgam of Xavier, Magnets and the Phoenix Force

When did he become a god, for Atum to eat him

He did stalemate silly G

He should return

He appears to be more powerful than Frankie, his daddy

boriquaking55
I would have thought Hyperstorm would have been a great match for Atum.

It's basically Demigorge vs. A Celestial

guy222
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I would have thought Hyperstorm would have been a great match for Atum.

It's basically Demigorge vs. A Celestial

Good idea

celestialdemon
This is a really tough battle. Both are extremely powerful beings. I'll have to say Atum wins this. He has more impressive victories than Hyperstorm does.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by guy222
He's an amalgam of Xavier, Magnets and the Phoenix Force

When did he become a god, for Atum to eat him

He did stalemate silly G

He should return

He appears to be more powerful than Frankie, his daddy

actually, it is said that when you combine the powers of Magneto, Prof X, and the PF, then you begin to UNDERSTAND his powers...and that was when he was a kid...

thats why reed imprisoned him...

TricksterPriest
Exactly how strong do you think Elder Gods are? The high end ones are close to Galactus's level. And Atum beat ALL OF THEM. Set&Cthon ran. They were the only survivors.

Board Walker
Hyperstorm was never helplessly trapped by Galactus, Hyperstorm was battling Psi-Lord and defeating him, untill Reed intervened toward the end and trapped Hyperstorm.

Galactus was not freely feeding off of Hyperstorm either, they were both locked in a stalemate with one another in a endless perpetual siphon.

And finally, Hyperstorm had the full control of all forms of energy and the 4 forces of creation, as well as full access to the hyper realm and the phoenix force potential residing in him; he also was smarter, more tactful, more intelligent, and better in prep and instant prep then Reed and Doom combined.

He was never defeated by Galactus as some to think, it was a perpetual stalemate and only a stalemate because of Reeds assistance to galactus; that and Hyperstorm has since escaped because Galactus has returned to feeding on planets.

draxx_tOfU
Exactly how strong do you think Elder Gods are? The high end ones are close to Galactus's level. And Atum beat ALL OF THEM. Set&Cthon ran. They were the only survivors.

since Atum beat all of the elder gods, as you said, by virtue of elimination, the high end ones would be Cthon and Set, who survived Atum's onslaught or were smart enough to run, with the exception of gaea, who is atum's mother...

i still place the World Devourer over Cthon and Set...

TricksterPriest
They didn't survive, they saw they were losing and realized their only chance was to run. When did it show Hyperstorm was free again?

Board Walker
They didn't survive, they saw they were losing and realized their only chance was to run. When did it show Hyperstorm was free again?

Hyperstorm and Galactus were locked in perpetual siphon of one another, Hyperstorm must be free because Galactus has appeared in comics recently (Anihilation) so they are no longer trapped with one another.

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
actually, it is said that when you combine the powers of Magneto, Prof X, and the PF, then you begin to UNDERSTAND his powers...and that was when he was a kid...

thats why reed imprisoned him...

Who did Reed imprison

Don't confuse Hyperstorm with Onslaught

Board Walker
Who did Reed imprison

Don't confuse Hyperstorm with Onslaught

Reed didn't imprison as so much as he one time trapped hyperstorm at the end of his battle with Psi-Lord whom he was beating into submission.

Reed trapped both hyperstorm and Galactus in a perpetual siphon of one another, they were both stuck in it feeding off one another.

Although Hyperstorm has since escaped because Galactus has been seen in recent comics, meaning they are no longer feeding off of one another.

draxx_tOfU

they ran in order to survive...self-preservation...

that was the first battle...

the second one is different...

Set took on a form of a dinosaur which had powers similar to that of the mythological hydra...chop one of its heads off, and out comes two...it took months or years for atum to defeat set...atum was badly wounded and gaea had to tell the earth's sentient beings to help her son by giving him their energy...

compare that to an individual who surpasses his father, Franklin, in power, and who can sate G's hunger...

Hyperstorm>Psi-lord>Celestial...

guy222
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
they ran in order to survive...self-preservation...

that was the first battle...

the second one is different...

Set took on a form of a dinosaur which had powers similar to that of the mythological hydra...chop one of its heads off, and out comes two...it took months or years for atum to defeat set...atum was badly wounded and gaea had to tell the earth's sentient beings to help her son by giving him their energy...

compare that to an individual who surpasses his father, Franklin, in power, and who can sate G's hunger...

Hyperstorm>Psi-lord>Celestial...

So now Hyperstorm is more powerful than Celestials

U do know, the Celestials created all the mutants

Who's Rachel Summers

draxx_tOfU
So now Hyperstorm is more powerful than Celestials

U do know, the Celestials created all the mutants

Who's Rachel Summers

i said celestial sir...not celestial"s"...

Mider999
atum is an elder got he beat such guys as cython and set, set and cython are uber powerful for example, cython is responsible for scarlet witch doing what she did in house of m because he blessed her to use all his chaos magic when she was born, if he wants to though he can just withdraw that support and she'd go back to normal i believe, much as juggernaut got weakened when cyttorak had, had it with him.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mider999
atum is an elder got he beat such guys as cython and set, set and cython are uber powerful for example, cython is responsible for scarlet witch doing what she did in house of m because he blessed her to use all his chaos magic when she was born, if he wants to though he can just withdraw that support and she'd go back to normal i believe, much as juggernaut got weakened when cyttorak had, had it with him. true.

also the marvel tarot retconned it to only being four elder gods.
the guys demogorge were slaughtering were not elder gods but retconned to being some other beings.....

TheTyrant
So what your saying is that CHthon>abstracts. Especially Galactus cause Wanda's warp affected him directly.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheTyrant
So what your saying is that CHthon>abstracts. Especially Galactus cause Wanda's warp affected him directly. no . chthon only gave her the ability to use chaos magic, shes beyond him im power now i suppose.......

Colossus-Big C
hey didnt atum eat quasar once?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no . chthon only gave her the ability to use chaos magic, shes beyond him im power now i suppose.......

Ok. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.