Ryu vs Hayate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ryu is in Germany, along with Ken, who is defending his Pan-American championship in a Karate Tournament in Frankfurt. Ryu isn't fighting in this tournament (surprizingly!).

However, Ein, or rather Hayate, is there acting as support for Hitomi. The Mugen Tenshin ninja/karate expert remembers Ryu from several years earlier when both Ryu and Gouken were training near his home village.

Dressed in a white karate gi, Hayate challenges Ryu to a match. Ryu accepts.

This is strictly a karate match. Ryu's projectile attacks are banned. Hayate is not fighting with his ninjitsu style or his ninpo tricks. STRAIGHT KARATE.

TricksterPriest
No Shoryuken or tatsumaki senpu kyaku? Can't call it. I'd say Ryu based on strength and speed feats, but I don't know enough about Hayate.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No Shoryuken or tatsumaki senpu kyaku? Can't call it. I'd say Ryu based on strength and speed feats, but I don't know enough about Hayate.

Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick are physical attacks. The Hadouken, Shakunetsu Hadouken, Shinkuu, Denjin and Metsu Hadoukens are projectile attacks.

Cloud_VII
Ryu would win, IMO. This would be more of a match if this was Ein and Ken fighting with or without techniques.

TricksterPriest
Yes, but you said straight karate, I wasn't sure if they were legal under those rules. You give him the Shoryuken, he wins outright. Hayate's not getting back up from that.

Superboy Prime
I agree. Ein/Hayate can take a lot of punisment, but the Shin Shoryuken will be devastating.

Remulous
As long as Ryu can do the ShinShoRyuKen he has this fight won. Even with out it this is his battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.