Kar Vastor VS Kas'im

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexiest
Setting is, Haruun Kal, Jungle.

Sabers, blades, Force.

Who wins?

darthsith19
This is a close one. I'm really not sure. I'd put Kas'im on Mace's level, and he beat Kar when they faught with weapons. But is that only because he found out where Kar's hatterpoint is? ermm

Blaxican
This is only close because of the fact that they are fighting in the Kal Jungle, so Vastor gets a decent powerup.

I think Kasi'm will take it though.

Tangible God
I have never heard of either character so I pick Kas'im, but only because his name sounds like Kazam!

Blaxican
Kar Vastor is this super big black man.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kar_Vastor

General Kenobl
Vastor and his mastery of the Vibroshields rival some of the PT Jedi Order's finest swordsmen. However, considering the setting is also Haruun Kal, in which Vastor was the Lor Pelek of, I would say he takes this, albeit heavy difficulty from the Twi'Lek Sith Lord.

((The_Anomaly))
In the jungle Vastor likely wins. 8/10

Blue_Hefner
Lol @ this thread. Kar wins since they are on Harrun Kal

darthsith19
Why is that? Kar is not nvincible on Harrun Kal, this isn't a bad thread at all, it's pretty dman even, actually.

General Kenobl
His skill with the Vibroshields rivals a PT Jedi Master in bladework. He was faster and stronger than Mace Windu. He is the Lor Pelek of Haruun Kal, meaning he has literally mastered the jungle.

Kas'Im will provide good fight but against the speed of Vastor and the setting, he will lose.

darthsith19
That is your opinion, yes. I'm really not sure. But laughing at this thread is pretty noobish, it's not at all a bad thread.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by darthsith19
That is your opinion, yes. I'm really not sure. But laughing at this thread is pretty noobish, it's not at all a bad thread.

Of course it is. It's like putting Sidious vs. Shaak Ti on Korriban, which makes Sidious even more powerful than he is since the dark side is so strong there, and he's already more powerful than her. It's not really different with Kar and Kas'im, unless you think Kas'im > Kar.

Darth Sexy
I think in a duel Kas'im>Kar for sure. You can't just say "Oh he doesn't know the jungle as well as Guy X does so he'll lose". Remember how Bane knew the Rakata Temple inside and out, and Kas'im didn't? We saw what happened when you push Kas'im to the limit. I'd give it to him more times than not.

Lightsnake
You don't seem very aware of what Kar Vastor is capable of in a fight

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Lightsnake
You don't seem very aware of what Kar Vastor is capable of in a fight

Indeed, Vastor is an animal in the jungle, a pure outright maelstrom of power. With his raw power being near to the same level as Anakin or Yoda. He is physically a massive powerhouse, and extremely fast to boot. His skills with the Virboshields are near equivalent to the creator and master of Vaapad. Kas'im is good, but he's no match for Vastor, at least not in the jungle.

darthsith19
I know how powerful Kar is, he lost to Mace when they fuaght with weapons. kas;'im would at least give him a good fight, and could possibly win.

Lightsnake
No, Mace hurled a Vibroshield at him that belonged to a guard Nick killed.

darthsith19
No, Mace hurled a Vibroshield at him that belonged to a guard Nick killed.
Which is called winning.

Lightsnake
Which Kas'im won't be duplicated

((The_Anomaly))
Exactly, Mace didn't actually best Vastor in a weapons battle, he just used his environment and his force abilities to his advantage. That being said though Mace was pretty hurt by this point, and not near 100%.

Kas'Im would give Vastor a fight (in terms of weapons combat), but in the jungle, there are few who could beat, let a lone even deal with Vastor. Those are people like Yoda and Mace and Anakin.

A note though, if this was NOT in the jungle, then Kas'Im would likely win. I doubt that Vastor would be near his full power if he was not in his element, his extreme power relies heavily upon being in the jungles of Haruun Kal, without being there I'd expect his power to diminish greatly.

Lightsnake
And again: Unless one of Kar's guards has been killed by Nick Rostu nearby...

Mic Assasin
Couldn't Kas'im just use TK to impale Kar's vibroshields into him? Kar's untrained, and wouldn't know how to defend against TK applied in such a way. Also, could someone please explain what's so great about Kar being in the jungle? Does he gain any advantage other than knowing the terrain well?

((The_Anomaly))
You've obviously not read Shatterpoint. Kar is very, no extremely capable of not only using TK attacks, but defending against them as well.

The funny thing is that he IS untrained, and yet he's still as powerful as people like Mace Windu. Imagine if he WAS trained. His power is insane. Kar wins this, Kas'Im will put up a fight, but he still goes down...hard.

General Kenobl
Didn't he brutally train himself like a Jedi in the Haruun Kal jungles? Sorry, I haven't read Shatterpoint in a long time.

Mic Assassin
Kas'im was able to redirect Bane's attack with his force shield, that was able to collapse an entire temple purely through it's redirection. And it's not like the darkside excels when used defensively, Bane comments that the darkside was never too useful from defending oneself or healing, and excels when used destructively. So considering how great Kas'im's defencive capabilities with the force were, it makes sense that they would be even greater when used offensively. So even if Kar can defend against TK applied in such a way (could you post a passage supporting that by the way), Kas'im's power would likely be much greater, yes?

darthsith19
Kar only beat Mace in unarmed combat. Mace would have beaten him if they ahd used their weapons, but Mace tells Nick Rostu that the only war is for him to fight Vastor unarmed, otherwise the Akk Guards would have helped Kar. Yes, in an unarmed battle Kar > Kas'im. With weapons, Kas'im stands a good chance.

Lightsnake
What? Mace himself says at story's end: He doubted he could have won on his best day.

And Christ, Sith'ari, GO AWAY

General Kenobl
Mic Assasin might be Sith'Ari. However, if you check his posts he seems to not be the legendary sock. However, this could be all a ruse by Nebaris...

Advent
Nebaris really isn't a "legendary sock", he's an annoying sock, true; but "legendary"? Not so much.

Anyways, if you actually checked HK-69's posts, you'd see he offered up some different views, things opposite of what Nebaris said (for example, listing Vader as a good duelist), but as we already know, it was still Nebaris.

General Kenobl
I knew Hk-69 was Nebaris....

Lightsnake
Even with weapons, in the jungle, Kas'im is ****ed. Kar's strong in the force as is to resist him

Advent
Originally posted by General Kenobl
I knew Hk-69 was Nebaris....

And what exactly does that have to do with anything I said? I'm merely pointing out that - in the most likely case - he's only posting things so as to draw suspicion away from himself, as you said a "ruse".

Mic Assassin
Could you name a few things that he's done?
@General Kenobl, I'm not "The Sith'ari".

Lightsnake
LOL! Sure

darthsith19
What? Mace himself says at story's end: He doubted he could have won on his best day.

And Christ, Sith'ari, GO AWAY
Yes, he couldn't have won in an UNARMED fight.

Lightsnake
He says this at the end, when he's facing Kar with a saber drawn....just when they're about to commence an armed fight

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Mic Assassin
Kas'im was able to redirect Bane's attack with his force shield, that was able to collapse an entire temple purely through it's redirection. And it's not like the darkside excels when used defensively, Bane comments that the darkside was never too useful from defending oneself or healing, and excels when used destructively. So considering how great Kas'im's defencive capabilities with the force were, it makes sense that they would be even greater when used offensively. So even if Kar can defend against TK applied in such a way (could you post a passage supporting that by the way), Kas'im's power would likely be much greater, yes?

1. No.

2. Maybe later, I'm not gonna go through Shatterpoint to find a quote right now. Sorry. Regardless, he throws Mace around like a ragdoll with TK in they're fight.

And Lightsnake is right, Mace says that he doubts he could beat Vastor, even on his best day. He's not talking about just weapons or just unarmed, or even just force, he means overall, he doesn't think he could take Vastor in a full out fight.

General Kenobl
Why are you so interested unless you Nebaris/Sith'Ari or whatever sock name you've had?

Remember your days as Planet/The Sith'Ari Nebaris? And I said "Sith'Ari", not "The Sith'Ari".

zephiel7
Wait a second.

The competitor is a massive black guy? Raised in the jungle no less? Well then, even if this Vastor guy couldn't use the force, I would still give it to him.

Mic Assassin
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
1. No.

2. Maybe later, I'm not gonna go through Shatterpoint to find a quote right now. Sorry. Regardless, he throws Mace around like a ragdoll with TK in they're fight.

And Lightsnake is right, Mace says that he doubts he could beat Vastor, even on his best day. He's not talking about just weapons or just unarmed, or even just force, he means overall, he doesn't think he could take Vastor in a full out fight.

1. Nice argument, jackass.
2. Well from what I've heard, he's completely self trained, so he'd likely know how to use things such as TK, but a force shield? I doubt it, so until you prove it, I have no reason to believe you, when it's pretty clear you're a PT fanboy, and haven't read PoD.

Mic Assassin
Why are you so interested unless you Nebaris/Sith'Ari or whatever sock name you've had?

Remember your days as Planet/The Sith'Ari Nebaris? And I said "Sith'Ari", not "The Sith'Ari".

1. It was in respons to Lightsnake saying that Kar is strong enough with the force to resist Kas'im, Advent just posted while I was typing.

2. When you said 'sith'ari', I assumed that you were referring to 'The Sith'ari' who has been still posting pretty recently, and who's account is restricted.

Gideon
Kas'im didn't redirect the energy blast. Now I know you're Nebaris.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Originally posted by zephiel7
Wait a second.

The competitor is a massive black guy? Raised in the jungle no less? Well then, even if this Vastor guy couldn't use the force, I would still give it to him.

THE TRUTH!

And yes the classic "redirect force wave" argument...Nebaris, if your trying to pose as anther person, you shouldn't make it sooo damn obvious.

Darth_Glentract
I'd give this to Kas'im. He's was the best swordmaster of his time by a very large marin. Bane was stated to be no match for him. Kar has stronger Force powers, but Kas'im's own powers are plenty to defend him from anything that Vastor can through at him. So, Kas'im wins.

Lightsnake
hardly. Vastor's strength is pretty much greater and not even Mace thought he could beat Kar. Add that to a gigantic terrain advantage

Darth_Glentract
Mace could be Kar though. He was underestimating himself. Kas'im is strong enough in the Force to defend himself from anything that Kar can throw at him. From what I've seen, Kas'im is a fair bit better than Vastor in melee combat. Kas'im has FAR more experince fighting real opponents and actually had formal training. I just don't see Vastor being able to top him.

Gideon
By "melee combat" I assume you mean with a lightsaber. Because in a fist fight or on sheer physical prowess? Kas'im would get his ass turned inside out by Kar.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Mic Assassin
1. Nice argument, jackass.
2. Well from what I've heard, he's completely self trained, so he'd likely know how to use things such as TK, but a force shield? I doubt it, so until you prove it, I have no reason to believe you, when it's pretty clear you're a PT fanboy, and haven't read PoD. I see emerging Bane-love. Combined with his power of foolish insulting, it is obvious that Nebaris has one again cheated Bannishment.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Gideon
By "melee combat" I assume you mean with a lightsaber. Because in a fist fight or on sheer physical prowess? Kas'im would get his ass turned inside out by Kar.

I used "melee combat" beause Vastor doesn't use a lightsaber.

Black Dalek
Soul Stealer says:
Can you sock-check?
Bat country! =REX= says:
Who?
Soul Stealer says:
Mic Assassin
Bat country! =REX= says:
It will probably be blank
Bat country! =REX= says:
And yes, he's blank

Soul = Me

Though Mic Assassin/Nebaris/Sith'Ari/etc could be sock via another comp.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Mace could be Kar though. He was underestimating himself. Kas'im is strong enough in the Force to defend himself from anything that Kar can throw at him. From what I've seen, Kas'im is a fair bit better than Vastor in melee combat. Kas'im has FAR more experince fighting real opponents and actually had formal training. I just don't see Vastor being able to top him.

Really now? In the JUNGLE? Kar's raw power rivaled Yoda's own, is Kas'im THAT strong? And in melee combat? Kar's not a saber fighter, he's a monster that I doubt Kas'im can stand against there. By the same token, Vastor's seen just as much war. His experience isn't miniscule

Darth_Glentract
Kar has the raw power advantage, but he lacks training. May I remind you that ROTS Anakin had much more raw power than Yoda, yet Yoda would tear him up in a fight.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Have you read the topic? He's self trained, and he had enough training with the Vibrosheilds to compete and as Mace thinks beat him, Mace being someone who has mastered multiple forms and created his own. Kas'im gets torn apart, for your argument to be correct you'd have to prove Kas'im>Mace.

Darth_Glentract
No I wouldn't. Mace underestimated himself when he said that Vastor was better than him. Mace gained a huge surge of power in his time in the jungle and probably hadn't realized it yet, but he is good enough to defeat Kar.

Self training isn't that good when you have zero outside knowledge of the Force to help you. This is like saying that you could self-train yourself in motherboard production to a point above what people who are standing on the shoulders of giants can do.

Lightsnake
You assume Kar has zero knowledge. He handled it rather well

Darth_Glentract
I don't assume that Kar has zero knowledge. The thing is that he has no where near the knowledge or training that Kas'im has.

Lightsnake
Which doesn't make much a difference. His raw power, especially in the jungle and possibly combat skills are above Kas'im's.

Darth_Glentract
Again, this is like saying Anakin is above Yoda just because he has more raw power. He's not. The same is true for Kar and Kas'im.

Lightsnake
Unlike Anakin, Kar can utilize his raw power to a heavy degree

Darth_Glentract
But not to a degree high enough to overwhelm Kas'im. Kas'im's Force Defense is VERY high. He was able to shield himself from Darth Bane's attack, which is stronger than anything seen from Vastor, during that duel. Vastor doesn't know the techniques to make effective enough use of his raw power.

Lightsnake
Kas'im blocked ONE last ditch effort attack...if Vastor is nearly strong as Yoda, he's quite a bit stronger than Kas'im. Vastor is capable of hurling his power out, though, and in the jungle, the terran advantage is extraordinary

Darth_Glentract
He had the potential that Yoda had, not the power. Yoda would have ripped Kar apart.

Lightsnake
In the jungle? Yoda'd have won, but he'd have had trouble.

And Yoda would tear Bane and Kas'im apart, so that's no issue. In the jungle, Kar IS power

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by darthsith19

Hey, thank you very much. wink big grin

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
You've obviously not read Shatterpoint. Kar is very, no extremely capable of not only using TK attacks, but defending against them as well.

The funny thing is that he IS untrained, and yet he's still as powerful as people like Mace Windu. Imagine if he WAS trained. His power is insane. Kar wins this, Kas'Im will put up a fight, but he still goes down...hard.

Good point. wink

Funnily enough, It was because he wasn't trained that allowed him to defeat Mace.

His raw ferocity could not be duplicated by any Jedi and this allowed him to utilise his power in an unrestricted way.

Mace told Nick this had been one of the reasons he had lost the hand-to-hand fight against him.

His insanity is part of what makes him so powerful.

Darth Sexiest
Mic Assasin might be Sith'Ari. However, if you check his posts he seems to not be the legendary sock. However, this could be all a ruse by Nebaris...

Someone has way too much time on their hands... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Go get a girlfriend, buddy. laughing

General Kenobl
LOL! High Speed Internet plays a factor in that....smile

BTW, I already have a girlfriend, so I am taken. Sorry Sexiest!

Darth_Glentract
In the jungle? Yoda'd have won, but he'd have had trouble.

And Yoda would tear Bane and Kas'im apart, so that's no issue. In the jungle, Kar IS power

Tear Kas'im apart? Not a chance. Kar is powerful, but he still lost to an injured Mace. Kas'im would take him.

Lightsnake
Again: that has zero bearing on this fight because Kas'im cannot dusplicate that victory. Fighting skills alone did not defeat Kar

And an injured Mace would still> Kas'im

LORDSIDIOUS01
Neither

Faunus
These are both ludicrous statements. To the former, Kar was about to WTFpwn Mace's ass (after ripping a battalion of clones to shreds) when Mace ripped a vibroshield out from behind him and chucked it at his back. You're also leaving out Windu's musings out the time, specifically when he notes that Kar is "younger, stronger, faster, and immensely more powerful," and applaudes his reflexes.

Lightsnake: Mace Windu, as good as he is, would not defeat Kas'im while having several broken bones, blaster wounds, a cracked skull and ribs, the cumulative exhaustion of several weeks of battle, and a lightsaber-inflicted stab-wound going through his stomach.

Lightsnake
Given the same scenaion, chucking a vibroshield? He most certainly would.

Probably should've put that in my last post, my bad.

Faunus
I doubt it. Kar's vibroshield pierced his guard because it shattered his own shields. Backed by the Force, Kas'im's lightsaber (or two) would most likely be able to block the shield.

But this is irrelevant.

Lightsnake
At that speed and power, it'll sheer through Kas'im the same way, or it's smash his saber through his head.
Either of which is probably acceptable to Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.