Sephiroth vs. Xemnas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cloud_VII
Sephiroth

Xemnas

Cloud_VII
I think Xemnas would win.

IceJaw
Wow! Xemnas's voice really sucks!

Kinda sounds like Ray Romano's brother. laughing out loud

Cloud_VII
No man...it's badass!

TricksterPriest
Better than Sephiroth. stick out tongue They're both overrated Bishounens. Hmmm. idea.

Cloud_VII
Back on topic...

TricksterPriest
Sorry about the last one. Xemnas's power was never fully identified. I'd favor him over Sephiroth, especially since he appeared to have a higher skill level.

Kaled
Hmmm well, i don't mean to sound like a screaming fan but:

Sephiroth = hard as nails to kill in KH2 vastly surpassing Xenmas in terms of skill and difficulty. His spell are most simple and damaging. Not to mention the Fact that you do, albeit eventully, kill Xemnas. Sephiroth just brushes the dust of his arms. To me, sigifing that you don't even taste his true powers.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Kaled
Hmmm well, i don't mean to sound like a screaming fan but:

Sephiroth = hard as nails to kill in KH2 vastly surpassing Xenmas in terms of skill and difficulty. His spell are most simple and damaging. Not to mention the Fact that you do, albeit eventully, kill Xemnas. Sephiroth just brushes the dust of his arms. To me, sigifing that you don't even taste his true powers.
1. I wouldn't say Sephiroth has more skill than Xemnas. Xemnas has:

A. Telekenisis

B. The ability to manifest energy into different sorts of weapons such as energy sabers and projectiles

C. The element of nothingness

D. Teleportation

E. The ability to clone himself

F. Energy shields

G. Flight

H. The ability to travel through realms

I. The ability to appear and disappear, wherever, whenever.

J. A powerful electrical wave attack

K. The power of Kingdom Hearts, after it's been halved.

2. Xemnas died by two legendary weapons...that's no wonder.

3. In the Kingdom Hearts series, Sephiroth is the manifestation of the darkness in Cloud's heart. As a result, no one can eliminate Sephiroth but Cloud Strife.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
1. I wouldn't say Sephiroth has more skill than Xemnas. Xemnas has:
I may not be exactly sided with either, but I'd like to see where this debate'll go. (Note: Also, I haven't played KH2 in a while, so all I have are whatever cutscenes are on YouTube to go on.)

How big a diffrence will it make?

Conceded.

KH and its fancy molestation of words. >_>

How much distance are we talking about?

In battle with a long-ass sword being poked at him, meteors raining upon him and Sin Harvest? How fast is it?

How much damage can they sustain?

DBZ longevity? Or can it only be sustained for short periods of time?

It makes no diffrence in this fight.

I'll concede this.

What's the range, charge time(if any), and how fast is it released?

Quantify how much half can do.

And one of which is being wielded by a nearly skill-less punk and and Riku.

Even then, he can still be defeated. Also, none of that proves that Xenmas has better skill than Sephiroth, it's just displays of what power he has. I'm sure that Kingdom Hearts' power would be enough to make him stronger than Sephiroth, but he seemed to have a God complex, which would set him up for a fall.

But that's just my opinion on it.

Cloud_VII
That is one of Xemnas's abilities that I pointed out. Sephiroth has an ability similar to that, also. He made a building collapse with his mind.

Umm...? It is what it is. There's no other way of saying it.

There are no boundaries here.

How's it getting through his shields?

If Sora could avoid those by jumping and gliding, I don't see Xemnas getting hit by them. Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth can't summon a meteor without the Black Materia, and that takes quite some time to do.

He can hit him before then.

They've never been penetrated, so I don't know.

He flies as easily as Sephiroth can.

I agree. It's just something he can do though.

Range: There is none.

Charge time: Looks as if it's about a second, but that's probably because he's saying something before he does the attack.

Speed of the attack: Just about instant.

The attack is at 2:12 in the first video.

"The power that can erase the fools that hinder us"

I don't know exactly what he meant by that but it could mean it is powerful enough to destroy everyone in the realm of light, in other words, mankind itself. Point is, it's a lot of power.

You're saying a boy who could jump thousands of feet in the air and deflect hundreds of lasers in the course of a minute and a half is nearly skillless? Does that also apply to Cloud and Squall who could get creamed by him at the same time? Correct me if I'm wrong but you're starting to seem as if you're just one of those petty KH haters.

I would agree. If you've played Kingdom Hearts, you would know Sora is actually capable of defeating Sephiroth, though is incapable of eliminating him. That is why Sephiroth is seen again in KH: Final Mix battling against Cloud.

Note Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II stated, "I wonder if it will change it's mind, one I defeat you". If anyone it was Sephiroth who was trying to defeat someone, not Sora.

No, it does. The number of things Xemnas can do that Sephiroth can't exceed the number of things Sephiroth can do that Xemnas can't.

If you mean the superiority complex, that was Sephiroth's downfall against Cloud in Advent Children, and KH. I agree however, that Xemnas does have a superiority complex, and is what probably caused him to lose against Sora and Riku.

IceJaw
You guys seem to have forgot about FF7 characters in KH = not canon...

Kadesh
KH isnt canon at all, And KH characters are astronomically overhyped beyond reality in science fiction. Its just like the ancient sith in the SWV

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by IceJaw
You guys seem to have forgot about FF7 characters in KH = not canon... Not canon to FF7, that is. But they are, in KH format, canon to the storyline and do push the storyline along at times (ex. Cloud at Olympus Colliseum).

Kaled
If Sora could avoid those by jumping and gliding, I don't see Xemnas getting hit by them. Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth can't summon a meteor without the Black Materia, and that takes quite some time to do.

This is just an arguement i don't like.

Are you suggesting that Sephiroth could not overcome all of Xenmas's attack when Sora fights him? Thats a real longshot

I believe he was talking about them Meteors that sephiroth using in the KH2 fight

For me it's simple, a weak arguement, but if you truly consider all powers of each you'd be here for quite some time. Everyone i know says as a boss Sephiroth is by far the hardest in KH2. Mr Average Joe can defeat Xenmas as low as 55. Mr Average Joe can beat Sephiroth by 80.

Mr Average Joe plays games on the weekend and maybe every other evenings so is not as fantastic as you or i

Cloud_VII
This is just an arguement i don't like.

Are you suggesting that Sephiroth could not overcome all of Xenmas's attack when Sora fights him? Thats a real longshot
No. I am simply saying that if Sora could avoid those by jumping and gliding, then Xemnas can avoid them easier. I'm not saying they have no chance of hitting him. FF7 Sephiroth cannot even use meteors in battle without the Black Materia, and due to the fact that it takes time to use it, he's not going to be doing it here.

I believe he was talking about them Meteors that sephiroth using in the KH2 fight.
I knew he was from the beginning.

For me it's simple, a weak arguement,
You didn't even know what the argument was.

but if you truly consider all powers of each you'd be here for quite some time.
I am willing to spend as much time here as I can if people can give good arguments.

Everyone i know says as a boss Sephiroth is by far the hardest in KH2.
Hardest to beat. That doesn't mean he is the most powerful. The fight with Cloud, Squall, Tifa, and Yuffie is around 7 times harder than the fight with Sephiroth does that mean they are more powerful than him? No.

Mr Average Joe can defeat Xenmas as low as 55. Mr Average Joe can beat Sephiroth by 80. Mr Average Joe plays games on the weekend and maybe every other evenings so is not as fantastic as you or i
Read up top.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by IceJaw
You guys seem to have forgot about FF7 characters in KH = not canon...
We know that. However, this topic is about Sephiroth from all appearances.

Originally posted by Kadesh
KH isnt canon at all,
If that was the case then it would be a fanfic.

Originally posted by Kadesh
And KH characters are astronomically overhyped beyond reality in science fiction. Its just like the ancient sith in the SWV
Authors can write and create whatever they want. Deal with it.

Kaled
No. I am simply saying that if Sora could avoid those by jumping and gliding, then Xemnas can avoid them easier. I'm not saying they have no chance of hitting him. FF7 Sephiroth cannot even use meteors in battle without the Black Materia, and due to the fact that it takes time to use it, he's not going to be doing it here.

I knew he was from the beginning.

You didn't even know what the argument was.

I am willing to spend as much time here as I can if people can give good arguments.

Hardest to beat. That doesn't mean he is the most powerful. The fight with Cloud, Squall, Tifa, and Yuffie is around 7 times harder than the fight with Sephiroth does that mean they are more powerful than him? No.

Read up top.

i think you misunderstand me :s

Firstly, i am saying, that saying that Xenmas can avoid Sephiroth attacks in his own way, but as his character i haven't see him display the nimblility that Sora has, or else he'd be a much harder boss, and i never seen him glide.

Which Sephiroth is this? i assumed as they both appeared in the game it was the KH2 version. If not which one, and which powers do you deny him?

When i say Weak argument, i meant mine, you know, he's harder to beat etc.

Read up top? Can you find anyone who think thats Xenmas was harder that Sephiroth?? Besides, i stand firmly on the ground that you kill Xenmas, and do not even come close to killing Sephiroth, despite the fact you knock out way more hit points.

I would like to make perhaps an outragous claim, that i think Sephiroth has tougher magic than Xenmas, as it wipes out more hit points and on the whole, he has caused more people to throw down their controller with fustration than Xenmas has.

Plus, be honest, if you where given the choice between Xenmas's pwers, and Sephiroth's, whose would you choose?

Cloud_VII
The reason he is easier to fight against than Sephiroth is because you could use more reaction commands against him. There is Reversal, which pretty much dodges any of Xemnas's attacks. If the game allowed you to do that and Deflect against Sephiroth, then he'd have no chance of hitting you whatsoever. Sora can glide, also.

These are all his powers from both games, if that answers your question.

Sry about that.

Dude, I mentioned earlier that Sephiroth can be defeated. Play Kingdom Hearts 1 if you don't believe me. Even though the fight seemed to take out a lot of damage, we do not know exactly what happened between Sora and Sephiroth. I mean, after fighting Xemnas 4 consecutive times, it seemed as if nothing has happened to him. It's obvious that he was killed because it showed a cutscene where he was stabbed by a beam of light from the Keyblade. All that was shown after the fight with Sephiroth is Sora saying, "How'd you like that?". That's not really showing that he was trying to beat him outright. Prior to the fight, Sephiroth stated that he was going to defeat Sora, so it was Sephiroth who was trying to defeat his opponent. For all we know, Sora could have just been trying to hold his own, and he clearly was not fighting Sephiroth as hard as he fought Xemnas.

Sora cannot eliminate Sephiroth, and that was the reason Square Enix did not want the battle to be a deathmatch between the two. They wanted Cloud and Sephiroth to fight the REAL battle. After all, Sephiroth is the manifestation of the darkness within Cloud's heart. Again, if you do not believe me, play Kingdom Hearts 1 to find out that Sora is capable of defeating Sephiroth, but is not capable of eliminating him. That is why he appears later on in KH to fight Cloud in the Olympus Coliseum.

You know that could be easily refuted by Saying Tifa, as well as Cloud, Squall, and Yuffie deal as much; if not, more damage than Sephiroth can with any of his attacks, leaving out Sin Heartless Angel. Tifa with a few punches can bring Sora's health down to zero. You see, we should not be going by hit points and battle longetivity in these debates. It just leads to many inconsistencies.

I really, really think Xemnas has the upper hand. I am saying this because he is overall, a more impressive villain than Sephiroth is. Sephiroth could win, no doubt. Personally, I vote Xemnas because his powers seem to be a bit above Sephiroth's. That is just my opinion though.

Kaled
The reason he is easier to fight against than Sephiroth is because you could use more reaction commands against him. There is Reversal, which pretty much dodges any of Xemnas's attacks. If the game allowed you to do that and Deflect against Sephiroth, then he'd have no chance of hitting you whatsoever. Sora can glide, also.

These are all his powers from both games, if that answers your question.

Sry about that.

Dude, I mentioned earlier that Sephiroth can be defeated. Play Kingdom Hearts 1 if you don't believe me. Even though the fight seemed to take out a lot of damage, we do not know exactly what happened between Sora and Sephiroth. I mean, after fighting Xemnas 4 consecutive times, it seemed as if nothing has happened to him. It's obvious that he was killed because it showed a cutscene where he was stabbed by a beam of light from the Keyblade. All that was shown after the fight with Sephiroth is Sora saying, "How'd you like that?". That's not really showing that he was trying to beat him outright. Prior to the fight, Sephiroth stated that he was going to defeat Sora, so it was Sephiroth who was trying to defeat his opponent. For all we know, Sora could have just been trying to hold his own, and he clearly was not fighting Sephiroth as hard as he fought Xemnas.

Sora cannot eliminate Sephiroth, and that was the reason Square Enix did not want the battle to be a deathmatch between the two. They wanted Cloud and Sephiroth to fight the REAL battle. After all, Sephiroth is the manifestation of the darkness within Cloud's heart. Again, if you do not believe me, play Kingdom Hearts 1 to find out that Sora is capable of defeating Sephiroth, but is not capable of eliminating him. That is why he appears later on in KH to fight Cloud in the Olympus Coliseum.

You know that could be easily refuted by Saying Tifa, as well as Cloud, Squall, and Yuffie deal as much; if not, more damage than Sephiroth can with any of his attacks, leaving out Sin Heartless Angel. Tifa with a few punches can bring Sora's health down to zero. You see, we should not be going by hit points and battle longetivity in these debates. It just leads to many inconsistencies.

I really, really think Xemnas has the upper hand. I am saying this because he is overall, a more impressive villain than Sephiroth is. Sephiroth could win, no doubt. Personally, I vote Xemnas because his powers seem to be a bit above Sephiroth's. That is just my opinion though.

Hehe, i meant i know sora can glide, i was talking about Xenmas stick out tongue i've never seen Xenmas glide, he tends to favor his teleporting

Okay then, in real time, i agree Xenmas would appear to hold the upper hand. He's fought with more trickery than Sephiroth, so he was hard to find, plus he does that thing to Sora where you have to play as riku, that was a royal *****.

Although, if what you say about Cloud being the only one able to defeat him is true this may aswell be another ganon fight.

P.S. Xenmas's weapons are made of pure energy right? if so, would it be a possible theory that the only reason they didn't vapourise the keyblade because thats what it is? so, if all that is true, simple destory Sephiroth weapon?

Cloud_VII
The Keyblade was made to be the strongest weapon in the game. It is a legendary weapon that is said to hold phenomenal power. It has magical properties, such that it cannot be destroyed and can cast magical spells. In fact, it's true power and mystery will not be revealed until KH3.

As far as I know, nothing was able to damage it so I don't think a weapon made of pure energy would've done any harm to it.

1:03

oAToqtP5Y4w

As for Sephiroth's Masamune, I don't see where it was ever scratched. After all, when Kadaj formed into Sephiroth, the blade just appeared magically out of thin air, which is something the Keyblade does also.

Cloud_VII
Sephiroth can win

Cloud_VII
Wait dude, I said no one is capable of eliminating Sephiroth but Cloud Strife. Sephiroth can be defeated though.

Cloud_VII
Someone watch the video

Kaled
Wait dude, I said no one is capable of eliminating Sephiroth but Cloud Strife. Sephiroth can be defeated though. ah, ok.
Don't need to watch it, played kh and kh2 so theres nothing you can show thast i haven't seen. But i'l watch it since you went to the effort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.