European Vacation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
So question for any who have traveled throughout Europe....

Me and my friend plan on flying into London, England sometime in April (dates are not important) and are interested in backpacking through 8 countries (England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech, Italy, and finally Spain) in 21 days about.

Accommodations are pretty much taken care of in these countries.

The question then is, what can we expect to pay in terms of airfare between these countries?
We don't care what airlines, or what class, or anything like that, and there's only 2 of us.
Also what are expenses like in the above countries?
For seasoned travelers, what would a trip like this cost approximately, if you assume we'll be paying only $500 for board, and $800 for a flight to London and out of Madrid together?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

LethalFemme
Dates are kinda important they could determine what you actually pay in airfare. Where have you been looking for tickets? Unless of course you're spoiled and money is no object.stick out tongue

silver_tears
Money isn't really an object, and April isn't peak season, they're pretty inexpensive then.
And I've been looking on travelcuts.com , we get a discount there as students 13

LethalFemme
My opinion is blow all the money you can on clothes and meet as many hot guys as possible but, be safe.stick out tongue

silver_tears
Good advice 13
Although **** clothes, all about booze and such. ermm

Fishy

Bardock42
You intend to fly between the coutries?

...interesting.

silver_tears
Well I've been to Paris and had full 4 course meals for about 17 euros in the latin quarter for example. It's all about taking the time to look for these places, and me and my friend are perfectly willing to do so.

It's just me and a friend, we'll both be 19, and we plan on staying in hostels (some meals included) and with friend/families, so the accommodations are taken care of.
It's more the airfare, with my student discount through my university I've calculated the whole trip (airfare anyways) would cost me about 1600 Canadian if we don't fly to Switzerland from Austria (one of the most expensive fares).
So now it's narrowed down to 7 countries.

I'm thinking 4000 Canadian, about 2640 euros should be enough?

silver_tears
Originally posted by Bardock42
You intend to fly between the coutries?

...interesting.

At the moment yes.

Bardock42
Originally posted by silver_tears
At the moment yes.

I never heard of that. But I guess there have been these really cheap airlines lately, so it might work for a decent price.

silver_tears
I never heard of that. But I guess there have been these really cheap airlines lately, so it might work for a decent price.

It's cheaper than by train, a train pass for unlimited travel in 18 countries in Europe is about 830 american. Only a few of the countries I want to visit are on that list, and then I'd still have to fly to and from to get home.
In the long run me flying for 1600 candian seems to work out cheaper.

Bardock42
It's cheaper than by train, a train pass for unlimited travel in 18 countries in Europe is about 830 american. Only a few of the countries I want to visit are on that list, and then I'd still have to fly to and from to get home.
In the long run me flying for 1600 candian seems to work out cheaper.

Yeah, I guess, I just checked apparently there are flights between the major cities for less than 100 Euros. I guess that's pretty good.

silver_tears
There's flights from England to Amsterdam for 2 dollars Canadian doped
With airport taxes etc it's like 200.

But you know what, I take it back, this train thing might just work....
I just have to carefully plan it.

Fishy

silver_tears
I've worked it out.

With a Eurail Global pass, it would still work out to about 1600 but it wold give me more freedom in the countries since I wouldn't have to limit myself to major cities.
However, it would knock Czech off my list, it not being included, and would mean I would still need to fly into England, into Amsterdam from England, and home from Madrid. Even still it would work out to 1600 approximately for those 2 flights and the pass.

lil bitchiness
Fly to London, then get a train from there.

If you get a train from Waterloo via Eurostar, it is easier and faster to get to Netherlands, Belgium and Paris (but you're not planniong on going to Paris, so...)

Germany is quite easy to get to via train from London (depending of course where you're going).
It is faster because you don't have to go through the tedious things you go through when you get on the train.

It can also be way cheaper and the trains are more common.

If you're already decided to fly, then EasyJet is the way. Super cheap.

silver_tears
Oh I've decided to fly to London, stay a few days there, fly to Amsterdam, then from Amsterdam do the whole train thing. End up in Madrid, and fly home from there.

Now it's just important to figure out where I'll be so I can book hostels and such big grin

jaden101
you'd be better off getting a European rail travel card...its a couple of hundred Euros and is valid for a couple of months and allows you travel between pretty much any country both in and out of the EU whenever you like...although the French get a bit snooty sometimes and their security will try to stop you but just call them smelly froggy bastards and you'll be fine.

they might only be available to European students so if you know someone who can book them for you then that's probably best

you're also better off staying at youth hostels than hotels....their far cheaper and you meet some great people who, contrary to popular belief...dont actually pay any more to kill americans.

soin2cal
Thnak goodness im not european laughing out loud
Maybe downlondon but UK is genrally pounds, therefore it is outside.

Bardock42
Originally posted by soin2cal
Thnak goodness im not european laughing out loud
Maybe downlondon but UK is genrally pounds, therefore it is outside.
No...no it isn't.

soin2cal
well people are not proper europeans here as they are different, english.
Maybe the country is apart of europe, yes it is, but i was meaning the people. I am nothing associated with europe. That is whagt i meant. We are more like n.america than europe. Fact.

Bardock42
well people are not proper europeans here as they are different, english.
Maybe the country is apart of europe, yes it is, but i was meaning the people. I am nothing associated with europe. That is whagt i meant. We are more like n.america than europe. Fact.

No, no...English people are European.

botankus
I'm more African than American.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
I'm more African than American.

Shut up. ****ing americans with their ****ing we aren't Americans bullshit.

soin2cal
I am not european, just like all scottish, ireish etc. So no, actually not. You wil find england and mainland europe are very different! englands only apart of europe because of location of where it is, doesnt make people european! Or espcially not myself. My cousin is more n.american now. But its rare to call someone north american, jst that nation of the country they have citizenship in.
I went to canada and canadians are a lot morelike british than europeans, believe me! Because they are mainly english, like scotland, england, ireland and wales are. Very hard to explain. But maybe you are european whilst you have citizenship in europe.

botankus
You'll have to excuse Bardocky. He's his own country and doesn't have a passport to leave.

soin2cal
Africans?messed Bardock LOLlaughing out loud

Bardock42
I am not european, just like all scottish, ireish etc. So no, actually not. You wil find england and mainland europe are very different! englands only apart of europe because of location of where it is, doesnt make people european! Or espcially not myself. My cousin is more n.american now. But its rare to call someone north american, jst that nation of the country they have citizenship in.
I went to canada and canadians are a lot morelike british than europeans, believe me! Because they are mainly english, like scotland, england, ireland and wales are. Very hard to explain. But maybe you are european whilst you have citizenship in europe.

For one England as I perceived it is not much different from the European mainland. Also, you are European as you live in Europe. Even if you adopt the "culture" of the US (as does everyone nowadays), you are still European.

Irish, Scottish and Welsh people are also European, by the way.

soin2cal
If im europpean, its only whilst im living in europe, when i become apart of another english country ill then be n.american.
So no. My parents agree, yes england is europe, but proper europeans are inside of europe, not actually english in england are
Maybe europe has similar looks to england, everything else is completely foreign therefore different.

Bardock42
If im europpean, its only whilst im living in europe, when i become apart of another english country ill then be n.american.
So no. My parents agree, yes england is europe, but proper europeans are inside of europe, not actually english in england are
Maybe europe has similar looks to england, everything else is completely foreign therefore different.

Well, as would anybody else, I assume.

Though you would still be you and you are a European.

The stuff you added is nonsense.

botankus
So no. My parents agree, yes england is europe, but proper europeans are inside of europe, not actually english in england are.

I can give you one reason why you are euroopean:

You used the word "whilst." That word hasn't been invented over here.

soin2cal
I am not when i am living in canada, just like my cousin became a canadian citizen therefore is more n.american!
Yes, whilst i maybe living in europe i am a european citizen ONLY. otherwise i classify you as being like the natinn you are most like, in which case is US and canada, Not europe. Apart from the nation of EU, what else in europe is alike to here? most europeans speak a completely different language, we speak the same language as n.americans therefore we are a lot more like them. I have been in europe a big part of my life, and i went canada last year, thats where i know.

silver_tears
Originally posted by jaden101
you'd be better off getting a European rail travel card...its a couple of hundred Euros and is valid for a couple of months and allows you travel between pretty much any country both in and out of the EU whenever you like...although the French get a bit snooty sometimes and their security will try to stop you but just call them smelly froggy bastards and you'll be fine.

they might only be available to European students so if you know someone who can book them for you then that's probably best

you're also better off staying at youth hostels than hotels....their far cheaper and you meet some great people who, contrary to popular belief...dont actually pay any more to kill americans.

I'm not American ermm

Bardock42
I am not when i am living in canada, just like my cousin became a canadian citizen therefore is more n.american!
Yes, whilst i maybe living in europe i am a european citizen ONLY. otherwise i classify you as being like the natoon you are most like, in which case is US and canada, Not europe. Apart from the nation of EU, what else in europe is alike to here? most europeans speak a completely different language, we speak the same language as n.americans therefore we are a lot more like them. I have been in europe a big part of my life, and i went canada last year, thats where i know.

You pretend that everything on the European mainland is the same. It is not, France and Spain are very different. So are Poland and England. All of them are European though.

silver_tears
Yes, whilst i maybe living in europe i am a european citizen ONLY. otherwise i classify you as being like the natoon you are most like, in which case is US and canada, Not europe. Apart from the nation of EU, what else in europe is alike to here? most europeans speak a completely different language, we speak the same language as n.americans therefore we are a lot more like them. I have been in europe a big part of my life, and i went canada last year, thats where i know.

You're English?
My god, you're grammar and such is hideous. messed

Bardock42
I'm not American ermm

Yeah you are, Canadian.

botankus
I'm not American ermm

Just like Shania Twain, Irene is one of those Canadian hotties that pop up every now and then.

Bardock42
You're English?
My god, you're grammar and such is hideous. messed

Ironic. You know, silver, I love you, but still, ironic.

soin2cal
My typing is not great no. But i am not as bad as i used to, please stop picking all the time!
None of you know my life so you cannot assume i am a european!
Maybe if i live in europe i am, only whilst im living here!
Anyone that cannot see that amricans and canadians are alike to here are rather silly, because there are many alikenesses between all european countries, but not here!I did not say that you were americans or canadian citizens laughing out loud Most others understand what i mean when i say we are apart of europe only by where we are located, doesnt mean we are anything like all of the other europeans. You are not europeans anymore when you drop citizenship completely and move to another country that was very alike to the country you lived at before. I know i could never become african or asian laughing out loud

silver_tears
Yeah you are, Canadian.

Wasn't born here.doped

Just like Shania Twain, Irene is one of those Canadian hotties that pop up every now and then.

eyes

Ironic. You know, silver, I love you, but still, ironic.

I haven't slept in 24 hours, get off my back disgust

botankus

Hey, leave me out of this. If you read my posts you'll see I'm talking random gibberish that has nothering to do with anything.

Fishy
Yes, whilst i maybe living in europe i am a european citizen ONLY. otherwise i classify you as being like the natinn you are most like, in which case is US and canada, Not europe. Apart from the nation of EU, what else in europe is alike to here? most europeans speak a completely different language, we speak the same language as n.americans therefore we are a lot more like them. I have been in europe a big part of my life, and i went canada last year, thats where i know.

Are you sure you have a language in common with those people? I find that hard to believe, because I can actually understand those people.

No matter though you are European because you live in Europe and were born in a European country. Once you move to the United States and become a US citizen you will no longer be European until that moment however there is no denying it. Not feeling like something doesn't mean you aren't one. At least legally speaking.

Bardock42
My typing is not great no. But i am not as bad as i used to, please stop picking all the time!
Maybe if i live in europe i am, only whilst im living here!
Anyone that cannot see that amricans and canadians are alike to here are rather silly, because there are many alikenesses between all european countries, but not here!I did not say that you were americans or canadian citizens laughing out loud Most others understand what i mean when i say we are apart of europe only by where we are located, doesnt mean we are anything like all of the other europeans. You are not europeans anymore when you drop citizenship completely and move to another country that was very alike to the country you lived at before. I know i could never become african or asian laughing out loud

You told us you are European. You live in the UK. That's Europe, therefore European.

Also, it seems you only judge by the language. You know that France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, etc are also very much like the US.

And you are talking out of your ass. How are there many likenesses between European countries but not the UK?

soin2cal
I said that if i am european, its only whilst my citizenship is here!!!
I am not bringing you, Bardock into this. I was not just meaning youmessed
Yes, because most of europe is spanish, nearly every european country has different style stores, that are very alike to each other, but UK has completely different style in everything. Now when i visited canada i noticed that everything in canada, style was mostly alike to England than the countries in europe. Therefore it makes sense that no matter whether england is APART of europe, which yes it is, doesnt make it anything like the europeans though.Birth is not a big issue because my home at heart is already in another alike country to here, therefore people can be just like the nation they then become apart of. So birth is nothing anymore. Unless i was wanting to move to hong kong or japan or somewhere LOL!

Fishy
Yes, because most of europe is spanish, nearly every european country has different style stores, that are very alike to each other, but UK has completely different style in everything. Now when i visited canada i noticed that everything in canada, style was mostly alike to England than the countries in europe. Therefore it makes sense that no matter whether england is APART of europe, which yes it is, doesnt make it anything like the europeans though.

The Netherlands and Spain are completely different, compare Holland to Poland or Spain to Poland, Poland to Italy, Poland to Greece, Greece to Germany, Denmark to Holland, Denmark to Austria, Sweden to Spain, Finland to Greece and each and every single time you will find huge differences between the country's.

This has nothing to do with England and isn't special for England. There is as much a difference between England and main land Europe as there is between most country's in main land Europe. The fact that England has more in common with the US and Canada does not change that.

But England and Canada also have a lot of differences just like England and the US. If language is the only thing you are looking at however then the difference is indeed minimal.

silver_tears
Yes, because most of europe is spanish, nearly every european country has different style stores, that are very alike to each other, but UK has completely different style in everything. Now when i visited canada i noticed that everything in canada, style was mostly alike to England than the countries in europe. Therefore it makes sense that no matter whether england is APART of europe, which yes it is, doesnt make it anything like the europeans though.Birth is not a big issue because my home at heart is already in another alike country to here, therefore people can be just like the nation they then become apart of. So birth is nothing anymore. Unless i was wanting to move to hong kong or japan or somewhere LOL!

English comes from Germanic tribes. hmm

botankus
I am not bringing you, Bardock into this.

Hey, it was Botankus, not Bardock, that asked to be left out of this excitement for some odd reason. I've never been called Bardock before. My skin is crawling as I'm typing this.

soin2cal
You are botankusmessed
I think Bardock asked to be left out of this.

Bardock42

That's not true though.

Spain has different style stores than France and those are different to Germans.

And most of Europe is Spanish? I don't get it.

Also, where in Canada were you?

Also, as much as you like to deny it the UK is part of Europe and frankly not all that different anyways. The to Germany than you guys.

botankus
You are botankusmessed
I think Bardock asked to be left out of this.
Hey, leave me out of this. If you read my posts you'll see I'm talking random gibberish that has nothering to do with anything.

This is a lot of work! And what have I accomplished?

soin2cal
Yes i agreed there, but many lse their citizenship to make canada/USA their new home, they are no longer anything to do with europe. That is why my cousin made canada her home in BC because she wanted somewhere similar in style, though different in looks, the actual place.
Most of the countries i have visited in europe were very very alike in style, nothing like england. Maybe spain and france are completely different yes. However which other european country would be english? Like canada and USA. It would be my own decision like a lotof other peoples, (not even bringing in birth into it, because i am an english speaking person anyway) but if people have a country at heart, they are going to become like people in their new country.

botankus
I heard Russia is similar to Alabama.

soin2cal
Absolutely not. How can russians be anything like people in US messed?
maybe the look of russia is?
Kat not soinstick out tongue

botankus
So you would disagree when I say that New Orleans, Louisiana and Moscow, Russia have no differences?

Bardock42
Yes i agreed there, but many lse their citizenship to make canada/USA their new home, they are no longer anything to do with europe. That is why my cousin made canada her home in BC because she wanted somewhere similar in style, though different in looks, the actual place.
Most of the countries i have visited in europe were very very alike in style, nothing like england. Maybe spain and france are completely different yes. However which other european country would be english? Like canada and USA. It would be my own decision like a lotof other peoples, (not even bringing in birth into it, because i am an english speaking person anyway) but if people have a country at heart, they are going to become like people in their new country. You are just talking about language though. You know that? Only language. There are other things reasonable people consider.

soin2cal
Yes the EU nation right? But here is off europe, wheres all europeans countries are mainly together in europe.
I am talking about the style of europe in general, and the style of england, which are totally different! And why i bought canada into it was because they are obviously no different to europeans then if british citizens are apparently european? Because canada is a lot more alike to here, no one seems to see that. Germans compared to Brits and USA people compared to brits for example, US would be chosen as more alike to the brits than the germans. As an example.So tha shows that UK is not alike to people in europe A LOT, maybe similararities, but what i am saying is, US is more alike to here than european countries arestick out tongue You may have understood what i was meaning more now right? I never go saying europeans , i say the nation they are living at as continent is only by location of where the country is set at, nothing else.

botankus
I'm going to bring up five sets of Amerian and European cities/counties that are considered mirror images of each other. This should clear everything up:

Las Vegas - Oxford
El Paso - Liverpool
New York City - Staffordshire
Anchorage - Venice
Boise, Idaho - Paris

Bardock42
Yes the EU nation right? But here is off europe, wheres all europeans countries are mainly together in europe.
I am talking about the style of europe in general, and the style of england, which are totally different! And why i bought canada into it was because they are obviously no different to europeans then if british citizens are apparently european? Because canada is a lot more alike to here, no one seems to see that. Germans compared to Brits and USA people compared to brits for example, US would be chosen as more alike to the brits than the germans. As an example.So tha shows that UK is not alike to people in europe A LOT, maybe similararities, but what i am saying is, US is more alike to here than european countries arestick out tongue You may have understood what i was meaning more now right? I never go saying europeans , i say the nation they are living at as continent is only by location of where the country is set at, nothing else.

...what?

They aren't. England and most of Europe are pretty much alike. We have different languages and some different habits, but most of the lifestyle in western countries nowadays is strongly Americanized anyways.

US and UK people would only be chosen as more alike by idiots though. Those that only think of language. Which is probably most people.

Also, I understand quite well what you are trying to say. It is just wrong.

soin2cal
Staffordshire, for one no.
That is rather pathetic, does not make any sense at all. You can all think what you like as your own opinion, but my friends all believe me when i say we are a lot more like US and canada than europe, which is TRUE! Therefore people can become from those countries and be canadian like, or american. You are not british neither do you live here so no, you cannot say that.
US and canada have many alikenesses to here actually, you do not live in UK to actually know. Maybe if you did you would see.
Not only the english language in US and canada, but the actual countries themself are much more alike to each other than europes. Maybe so, which means USA probably hasalikenesses then to parts of europe. Especially UK! Because its english. Any english country will have many alikenesses in everything.

Bardock42
Staffordshire, for one no.
That is rather pathetic, does not make any sense at all. You can all think what you like as your own opinion, but my friends all believe me when i say we are a lot more like US and canada than europe, which is TRUE! Therefore people can become from those countries and be canadian like, or american. You are not british neither do you live here so no, you cannot say that.
US and canada have many alikenesses to here actually, you do not live in UK to actually know. Maybe if you did you would see.
Not only the english language in US and canada, but the actual countries themself are much more alike to each other than europes.

No, which is wrong. And yeah, I can say that, I have a grasp of the different way of lives and I am not a complete moron. I would say I have every right to comment on this issue.

Also, think your posts through from the beginning. Don't add to them all the time. Please.

soin2cal
I do not live in a particular way to be honest.
But anyone in an english country will know exactly what i am meaning here. You are in a german country right? Therefore you cannot compare yourselves too much with US like people in england can. It makes sense, germany isnt english, like england and US are. do not say you are wrong at all but my point is rather true too. I have been to both europe and N.america that is why i know this basically. I am comparing here to europe an here to canada and saying out of the both which is more alike to england. Bu unless you lived in either usa or canada, or even england how would you understand what im meaning here? You are not an english speaking person by mothertongue. I am actually aiming this more at those that have their mothertongue language of english because they would be in an english country, like myselflaughing out loud And therefore realize my point.

Bardock42
I do not live in a particular way to be honest.
But anyone in an english country will know exactly what i am meaning here. You are in a german country right? Therefore you cannot compare yourselves too much with US like people in england can. It makes sense, germany isnt english, like england and US are. do not say you are wrong at all but my point is rather true too. I have been to both europe and N.america that is why i know this basically. I am comparing here to europe an here to canada and saying out of the both which is more alike to england. Bu unless you lived in either usa or canada, or even england how would you understand what im meaning here? You are not an english speaking person by mothertongue.

Again, only language.

Now, I lived in the US...actually lived there. You know. Like..not visiting, but spending my life there. I would say I can comment on the alikeness of the two. I've also been to Canada, England, Ireland and France.
Could you stop telling...me..that I can't compare it well?

Also not to be arrogant...heck, sure, arrogant, but I am probably (factually) better equipped with the English language than you, my dear.

soin2cal
So your saying germany and canada are alike? I didnt say that they wouldnt have similararities, though again, you may not notice usa and england being alike because you havent lived in themmessed Visiting an english country and living in one are two different things.
Language and lifestyle/style of both countries i am comparing is what i was talking about, not just the actal language. I know which countries are most alike to each other, thats all i need to know.
In person i guarantee i can speak fluent english more because my mothertongue language is english. You are pointing out my writing which isnt even poor, so whattever! maybe you are good at english, though not an english speaking person properly are you?

Bardock42
So your saying germany and canada are alike? I didnt say that they wouldnt have similararities, though again, you may not notice usa and england being alike because you havent lived in themmessed Visiting an english country and living in one are two different things.
Language and lifestyle/style of both countries i am comparing is what i was talking about, not just the actal language. I know which countries are most alike to each other, thats all i need to know.
In person i guarantee i can speak fluent english more because my mothertongue language is english. You are pointing out my writing which isnt even poor, so whattever! maybe you are good at english, though not an english speaking person properly are you?
Hmm, not that different, no.

I have lived in the USA, for science's sake.

My head hurts just trying to talk to you. Can please, logic almighty, please someone explain to her why she is ****ing wrong?

I wasn't raised with English, no. Your point?

botankus
Visiting an english country and living in one are two different things.

Finally, I agree with one thing here. Okay, back to my nap.

botankus
So has anyone seen that movie "Banditas?" Is it really wild, sexy, and action-packed?

soin2cal
sciences, how interesting!

well i am not going to even believe this conversation with a german citizen, because actually there are only some alikensses between here and germany, wheres there are actally a lot more in usa and here.
Or had you forgot England founded US and canada which does show that usa and canada are very alike to england for that reason. Accept for all the non english speakers that decided to make usa their homestick out tongue Maybe i should have said it much more clearer at the beginning, but my opinion is basically true, so why reply? I agreed with yours! I do not believe that england founded europe.
And really, i am not a good explainer on the computer, maybe if i was in person, you would clearly get my point and understand laughing out loud
But i did forget to mention over UK landing in USA aswell as natives at the beginning.
Like in anything, the first people that land somewhere ar going to make the country alike to their own, just like usa is to herestick out tongue

Bardock42
sciences, how interesting!

well i am not going to even believe this conversation with a german citizen, because actually there are only some alikensses between here and germany, wheres there are actally a lot more in usa and here.
Or had you forgot England founded US and canada which does show that usa and canada are very alike to england for that reason. Accept for all the non english speakers that decided to make usa their homestick out tongue Maybe i should have said it much more clearer at the beginning, but my opinion is basically true, so why reply? I agreed with yours! I do not believe that england founded europe.
moviesstick out tongue?

Founded...interesting terminology.

Your opinion is wrong though. And if you agreed with mine, you disagreed with yours. But it would make sense, since your opinion is wrong.

My freaking Darwin, does anyone else feel like I debate with Zoolander?

LethalFemme
So has anyone seen that movie "Banditas?" Is it really wild, sexy, and action-packed?

You see it too don't you?shock

botankus
Originally posted by LethalFemme
You see it too don't you?shock

Yes!

Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek save the Wild West? Let me guess...they seduce Billy the Kid and lure him into the Lair of Siestas with their Nacho Cheesylicious Curves? Si?

soin2cal
well i have not heard of itstick out tongue

Bardock42
I have, it sounded shit. The girls are hot though.

botankus

soin2cal
LOL i knew you would say thatlaughing out loud Does not seem my taste.

Oh and hope you have a good vacation silver tearsbig grin

LethalFemme
Yes!

Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek save the Wild West? Let me guess...they seduce Billy the Kid and lure him into the Lair of Siestas with their Nacho Cheesylicious Curves? Si?

I thought I was the only one.cry

soin2cal
messed

Bardock42
I thought I was the only one.cry

Well, apparently you aren't, though I can't see it. Using a good browser and all.

LethalFemme
Well, apparently you aren't, though I can't see it. Using a good browser and all.

I'm using Firefox you?

Shelbert Lemon
Just like Shania Twain, Irene is one of those Canadian hotties that pop up every now and then. woah, I didnt know Shania was Canadian. messed

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
woah, I didnt know Shania was Canadian. messed

Uh uh uh huh. So is Pam Anderson.tongue_ss

soin2cal
codemessed?Yep, i did not know either at first, but yep she has always lived in canadalaughing out loud I think the french side.

debbiejo
So has anyone seen that movie "Banditas?" Is it really wild, sexy, and action-packed? I saw "Time Bandits" Now that was a really cool yet weird movie..... messed

Oh, and never watch that movie when buzzed...

Bardock42
I'm using Firefox you?

SlimBrowser...usually.

Fire

Me and my friend plan on flying into London, England sometime in April (dates are not important) and are interested in backpacking through 8 countries (England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech, Italy, and finally Spain) in 21 days about.

Accommodations are pretty much taken care of in these countries.

The question then is, what can we expect to pay in terms of airfare between these countries?
We don't care what airlines, or what class, or anything like that, and there's only 2 of us.
Also what are expenses like in the above countries?
For seasoned travelers, what would a trip like this cost approximately, if you assume we'll be paying only $500 for board, and $800 for a flight to London and out of Madrid together?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on if you like to gamble or not. If you like to gamble I'd say book flights with low cost airliners (Ryan air for instance) as much as you can. Problem is that their customer service sucks.
Still seeing as all countries are pretty close together. Europe is small! I think air travel might not be the cheapest way of traveling around those countries. Too bad you have 3 non-schengen countries in your list. that could make it a tad harder

soin2cal
Europe is small? I would say it is biglaughing out loud

Bardock42
Europe is small? I would say it is biglaughing out loud

And you want your opinion to be taken seriously?

soin2cal
Whatmessed?
I just think it is fairly big, i was just surprised when a person thought it was small. Do you?

botankus
For some reason when I see this subject, I immediately think of Beverly D'Angelo dancing in a towel.

PVS
on second thought...lets not go to europe...its a silly place

Bardock42
Whatmessed?
I just think it is fairly big, i was just surprised when a person thought it was small. Do you? You are aware that it is the smalles continent, right?

You are aware of it's size compared to COUNTRIES like the US or Canada, right?

PVS
You are aware that it is the smalles continent, right?

i thought australia is the smallest...confused

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
i thought australia is the smallest...confused

Criminals, the whole lot of them...

I've only been to Italy (all over) which was absolutely great and Austria, which was for the lack of a better word was "sterile", so I definitely recommend Italy, especially Rome and Florence. I did get into a car crash in Austria though, after driving like the Italians (insane drivers) for two weeks, I was unprepared for the straight-forward and logical sense in which the psuedo-Germans drive, so I hit one of them in an Audi. I technically have been to Germany too as I drove through parts of it going from Venice to Salzberg. If I had known of Bardock42 back then and somehow seen him, I would have done a little "Hit and Run" on his ass.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i thought australia is the smallest...confused ...ah ****.

Continents that matter I meant.

Fire
Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, UK, Bulgaria, Hungary, Switzerland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the Czech republic. Think those are all the countries I visited, in Europe (Belgium not included ofc.)

Fire
Whatmessed?
I just think it is fairly big, i was just surprised when a person thought it was small. Do you?
as Bardock said compared to other continents, even countries, Europe is incredibly small.

soin2cal
Australiasia is not big right?
Inside of europe itself is huge i always thought, but i am meaning without the countries that are not actually joined like England. Europe is not the biggest continent i agree. I love going into europe, but i doubt i would live there.laughing out loudYes of course i know the size of N.america, its my home at heart there so i am going to try and know a lot about there lol.
I honestly did not realize at all that Europe was not one of biggest continents on the maplaughing out loud

PVS
Australiasia

wow...they merged? blink awesome! eek!

soin2cal
whatstick out tongue?
No, if i remember rightly someone said australia earlier on this topic. People often forget the whole of the continent is called australasialaughing out loud And still another country thaat is more alike to herestick out tongue

Bardock42
Australiasia is not big right?
Inside of europe itself is huge i always thought, but i am meaning without the countries that are not actually joined like England. Europe is not the biggest continent i agree. I love going into europe, but i doubt i would live there.laughing out loudYes of course i know the size of N.america, its my home at heart there so i am going to try and know a lot about there lol.
I honestly did not realize at all that Europe was not one of biggest continents on the maplaughing out loud You are kidding, right?

Also, even with Britain (which by the way is incredibly small) Europe is small. Get a map and check it.

PVS
People often forget the whole of the continent is called australasia

are you serious???
would you mind if i profiled this quote? laughing out loud

soin2cal
Exactly that is why i am not including Britain at the moment. cutting britain out for the moment as it is rather small, i am talking about actually inside of europe, not the outside. I always thought with russia etc, europe was rather big, mainland.

Bardock42
Exactly that is why i am not including Britain at the moment. cutting britain out for the moment as it is rather small, i am talking about actually inside of europe, not the outside. I always thought with russia etc, europe was rather big, mainland. Russia is only partly part of Europe.

Pandemoniac
I'd use both train and plane. Hit England and The Netherlands by plane, then travel to Germany by train, same with Chechz, plane to France again and another to Spain. Not the cheapest way, but a good time/money balance.
And don't be fooled about the 'Europe is so expensive' blabla, you can have a great night out, dinner included for relative low costs in Holland, Germany and Spain. France will take a toll, but then again it's worth it!

PVS
Russia is only partly part of Europe.

no it isnt!!!

russiurope laughing out loud

soin2cal
Englands shit, i never clasify it as being my home at heart, thankfully. But others have completely different opinions, i much prefer mainland europe to little islands off, like England.
Yes but russia is huge LOL!
was that made up laughing out loud

Fire

soin2cal
UK is known to be a expensive country. But inside of europe isnt, that is why a lot here manage to get a lot of things cheaper in europelaughing out loud
Though i must say Italy/France etc are not cheap.

PVS
only time i ever went to europe was to the netherlands, and it sucked for me since i couldnt adjust to the time difference. i was going to bed at about 6 in the morning and waking up in the evening. according to e.s.t. i was living by normal working hours but in holland i was a frikin vampire

soin2cal
I quite fancy going to Holland.stick out tongue
I think it is rather cheap right?
Oh and Norway/sweden and finland are too apparently expensive! and austria maybe.

PVS
I quite fancy going to Holland.stick out tongue
I think it is rather cheap right?
Oh and Norway/sweden and finland are too apparently expensive! and austria maybe.

well, dont stay in amsterdam. frikin degenerate muggers everywhere you look.

soin2cal
eek!

PVS
im not kidding. you can camp out in central park, nyc for a week and not have to deal with as many degenerate freaks as when walking around for like a half hour in amsterdam.

soin2cal
OMG that is the most weirdest thing that i have ever heard, especially because we all know about the bad sides to NYC, but not so much amsterdam.

Bardock42
OMG that is the most weirdest thing that i have ever heard, especially because we all know about the bad sides to NYC, but not so much amsterdam. ...

soin2cal
???

Ushgarak
Englands shit, i never clasify it as being my home at heart, thankfully. But others have completely different opinions, i much prefer mainland europe to little islands off, like England.
Yes but russia is huge LOL!
was that made up laughing out loud

About as made up as any attempt to use the word "Australasia" definitvely.

PVS
Australasia laughing out loud

god i hope that was a joke.

Ushgarak
I'm afraid it's not, but then it is also not true that it is the 'proper' name for the Continent.

soin2cal
Australasia is both australia and new zealandmessed

Bardock42
Australasia is both australia and new zealandmessed N-not usually.

PVS
Australasia is both australia and new zealandmessed

NO.IT.ISNT.

the only time some refer to a merger of continental terms is "eurasia" since they both occupy the same chunk of land. but i dont think anyone even uses that term anymore.

soin2cal
Yes it is, my dad told memessed They have to be apart of a continent, which is named australasia!!

Ushgarak
Says you. A lot of people differ on that score and it is almost impossible to get geographical agreement on that.

To a New Zealnder, 'Australasia' means mainland Australia. To the Australians, it tends to mean Australia and NZ and Tasmania and PNG. When first coined, it was simply an area discreet from all the other named areas around at the time, like Polynesia, and never intended as a continental name.

In Canadian atlases you will find the continent called 'Oceania', and that is used in a lot of other places too.

But in the most common seperation of continents used in the Western world, it is just called Australia.

soin2cal
Well citizens of those two countries may think differently, but by location they are both australasia. Otherwise what else are theymessed?

Ushgarak
Err, like I just said, Oceania or Australia. I am glad you think your opinion can totally override everyone else's! That's a cool ability, want to settle some other world matters?

PVS
australia

Bardock42
Well citizens of those two countries may think differently, but by location they are both australasia. Otherwise what else are theymessed?

Why the hell do you always assume that something you have heard or think is the truth despite it oftentimes not being so?

Australasia can refer to different things as Ush pointed out. And generaly, it is not used. Cause it is stupid. As if Oceania and Australia wouldn't be enough names already.

soin2cal
Cause australasia is australia and NZ, i obviously know more and so does my father, we learnt about these things, like the other topic.

Ushgarak
See, the issue is here, is that we tend to get taught and told things a particular way and it is easy to assume that someone- say, the United Nations- set a global, objective precedent that everyone could agree on. This never happened. This should hardly be a surprise- just look at what the European countries tend to call each other's nations and capitals.

Nor did some global society of geographers come together and take a vote over what everything should be called. Darn good job too because if there is any group less likely to agree than Astronomers, who made a hell of a fuss about Pluto, it is Geographers. There'd be a war. (Economists are worse than both but luckily no-one understands them anyway, quite often including themselves).

The fact of the matter is that not only the name but even the number of contients is in dispute according to where you go. In much of Europe and much of America we normally have:

North America and South America- not everyone distinguishes those.

Europe and Asia- not everyone distinguishes those.

Africa and Antartica- I think, luckily, just about everyone agrees on those.

And then the mysterious 'Continent X' down south. And I think you will find the majority-used term in Atlases and common parlance for that continenrt, in the West, is 'Australia'. And if you don't like that name being used twice for things of different scale, then complain to Luxembourg.

Now, other groups use the word 'Oceania' and others 'Australasia' and no-one is in any position to sya they are more right than anyone else, though as I point out you will likely get very confused if you actually use that term in Australia and NZ as they will think it means something else. But, still, you cannot say things are right or wrong here... just different.

Bardock42
Cause australasia is australia and NZ, i obviously know more and so does my father, we learnt about these things, like the other topic.

Ushgarak

Know more than the whole rest of the world, eh? Again, cool!

Fishy

Good that you and your father know, seeing my country's entire schooling system can't even agree on certain things...

In basic school (school for young kids) I was taught there were 7 continents.

Australia
Africa
Antarctica
Asia
North America
South America
Europe

In middle school I was taught 6

Asia
Africa
America
Oceania
Europe
Antartica

But good for you and your dad, i'll call the ministery and inform them on these facts

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Know more than the whole rest of the world, eh? Again, cool! She says she is British by the way.

Did you get taught "Australasia"? It seems to me it is limited to the UK mostly. At leas I never heard anyone but soin2cal and lord xyz use them.

Ushgarak
I HEARD the term Australasia, for sure, but at my school the Atlases said 'Australia'.

soin2cal
Australia would be just that country thoughmessed

soin2cal
She says she is British by the way.

Did you get taught "Australasia"? It seems to me it is limited to the UK mostly. At leas I never heard anyone but soin2cal and lord xyz use them.

sorry?
Yes i do know some things about countries because i have a huge interest in learning about them, especially english countries!

Ushgarak
Australia would be just that country thoughmessed

I suggest you follow up my 'Luxembourg' example. Especially if you have an interest in countries.

soin2cal
what would that have anything to do with the continent- australasia. Seems you lot know nothing because i know for a fact that australasia is both australia and NZ. fact!
I admit, i barely know nothing about luxembourg.laughing out loud Not many european countries i do know a lot about, only somestick out tongue

Bardock42
Australia would be just that country thoughmessed No, it is also the usual term for the continent.

sorry?
Yes i do know some things about countries because i have a huge interest in learning about them, especially english countries! Yes, but your knowledge doesn't overwrite generally accepted terminology and also not facts.

Ushgarak
I also suggest you look up the difference between 'fact' and 'rudely stated opinion'.

The capital of Luxembourg is Luxembourg. There is no rule that says you cannot use the same word twice for things of different scale.

The most commoinly used model calls the continent AND the country 'Australia'.

soin2cal
Yes those are facts actually!
No, australia i know by learning at both home and school is not used for both NZ and australia. Australia for a fact is separate from NZmessed I do admit to not knowing everything, but i certainly know which continent australia is put into.

Ushgarak
Err... just do me a favour and read my posts again, will you? What you learned at school was ONE opinion. There is no central, undeniable opinion, just different interpretations.

Bardock42
Yes those are facts actually!
No, australia i know by learning at both home and school is not used for both NZ and australia. Australia for a fact is separate from NZmessed I do admit to not knowing everything, but i certainly know which continent australia is put into. ...

You don't follow the conversation, do you?

Your term exists. But it is uncommon. Read those two sentences. Repeatedly.

soin2cal
Which term are you refering to?
Actually i am, by telling you the continentmessed what you are saying to me makes no sense, because i am talking about the exact same thing as the others. Not many i know call australia as the contenent name!Those last two sentences are clear!messed

Ushgarak
The term 'Australasia' genius.

Ok, simple question- you say what you say is a fact. 'Fact' according to who?

soin2cal
I only said the continent was 'Australasia' messed
That is a fact for example.

Bardock42
Which term are you refering to?
Actually i am, by telling you the continentmessed what you are saying to me makes no sense, because i am talking about the exact same thing as the others. Not many i know call australia as the contenent name!Those last two sentences are clear!messed

Australia is what the CONTINENT is generally called

Australasia can refer to different things, The country Australia and New ZHealand for one.

Oceania is another term that is used for those.

None is more right or anything. Australasia is just not used ...well...anywhere I have ever been.

Ushgarak
I only said the continent was 'Australasia' messed
That is a fact for example.

Fact according to who?

soin2cal
Maybe but this is what i am meaning. I typed in australasia, thats exactly what both those two countries are in!
http://freespace.virgin.net/andrew.randall1/australasia.gif
This is the continent 'australasia'. I have noticed it said many of times over the television. There is only really one name of a continent. Yes oceania etc are used too.

Ushgarak
Could you answer my question please?

Your statement "there is only really one name of a continent" is untrue.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>