Blades of Glory (Will Ferrell)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Blades of Glory trailer is now up!

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/783/783114/vids_1.html

Doesn't look as good as Talladega or Anchor Man (partially due to Heder), but will be fun no less.

Dusty
Ferrell is going to burn himself out if he doesn't slow down.

The Core
Looks like his best movie since "Anchorman", IMO. As for Heder, he's got to be funny here, or he'll be out of work.

manorastroman
this reminds me. you know which two movies are bad? anchorman and talladega!

screw you, will ferrell. you're ruining yourself.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Anchorman rocks, you fool!

This looks like my left testicle.

(Good!)

manorastroman
the only part of anchorman that even mildly rubbered me was the inter-weather rumble.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I liked all the news-room 'antics', too. 'Chocolate-covered squirrel' and all that, like.

Silverstein
ya i liked Anchorman too, but i didnt enjoy Talladega as much, sometimes, will ferral isnt funny...

.Dance_Inside.
I think this actually kinda funny smile
I laughed a lot during the preveiw,
hopefully thats not all the funny parts!

Solo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

(Good!)
****in a

Myth
Wow, whats with all the Talladega haters? I actually liked it a tiny bit more than Anchorman.

SnakeEyes
Anchorman is gold, in my book. By far his best comedy. And I think that it'll be very hard to beat. Talladega came close, but is still second, IMO.

This one looks like it'll be sliding right into third place.

It doesn't look that great, but it doesn't look like one of his flops either.

Solo
I love Anchorman, didn't think much of Talladega.

Silverstein
i guess its cuz Anchorman also had a good cast eh, the news team was incredible.

and i dunno how my friends laugh at the talladega part "i wake up and piss excellence" i just didnt find that funny...

H. S. 6
Old School takes the cake, but I thoroughly enjoyed both Anchorman and Talladega Nights. I'm looking forward to this.

Bain
Originally posted by Dusty
Ferrell is going to burn himself out if he doesn't slow down.

I agree completely.

But regarding this movie it does look funny.

I cant say I like Heder though outside of Nap. Dyn.

But Ferrell is awesome.... Ricky Bobby, Anchorman, Elf, etc

Kram3r
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anchorman is gold, in my book. By far his best comedy. And I think that it'll be very hard to beat. Talladega came close, but is still second, IMO.

This one looks like it'll be sliding right into third place.

It doesn't look that great, but it doesn't look like one of his flops either.

Myth
Well, it was about where I expected it. Hilarious in the same fashion as those other two, but just a tad bit behind them. I absolutely loved the quote about his brush.

Thorinn
I saw this movie earlier, and it was hilarious.

I don't really like Will Ferrell movies, but this one was good.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

(Good!)

Couldnt agree more. Ferrel needs to be sedated. Aside from the fact that he plays the eact same character in every damn movie, He seems like he could be a fairly decent comic actor. I think he should choose his movies better and take more ime in developing his characters. Anchorman was his last good movie i thought. Talidega nights was passable, but Blades of Glory was just another will ferrel comedy troupe movie with recycled jokes.

What is with john heder? Am i the only one whom thinks his acting abilities dont extend past napolian dynomite? School for scoundrels blew ass. His role in just like heaven was cool, but was like a grown up napolian

exanda kane
Ferrel has the potential to be an amazing comic actor along the lines of Steve Martin (in his day!) and Robin Williams; true some of the frat pack films are just tiresome, but watch Stranger Than Fiction and you shall be convinced that Ferrel is no run-of-the-mill passing fad.

.Dance_Inside.
I need to see this movie!!
WIll FERREL, WILL ARNETT, AMY POHLER AND JON HEDER
I NEED TO SEE IT!

Solo
Will Ferrell was hilarious, but I couldn't stand anyone else. Pretty awful movie.

=Tired Hiker=
I think Will Farrell and Jim Carey should make a movie together.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by exanda kane
but watch Stranger Than Fiction and you shall be convinced that Ferrel is no run-of-the-mill passing fad.

what did he offer in that movie that wasnt expressed in his earlier movies? dont get me wrong. I like Ferrel to a an extent, but i really dont think he has anything to offer as far as drama goes. He can barley keep my interest from each one of his fly by night comedies

Wolfie
I love Will Ferrell. Anchorman, Old School, A Night at the Roxbury, Talladega Nights, funny flicks.

Jon Heder single-handedly ruins every movie he's in though. Sometimes he gets help in ruining a movie, sometimes he doesn't need it.

Originally posted by Cory Chaos
As for Heder, he's got to be funny here, or he'll be out of work.
I doubt it. He's riding the Napoleon Dynamite popularity as far as possible. Napoleon Dynamite fans are eating up everything he does as of now.

exanda kane
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what did he offer in that movie that wasnt expressed in his earlier movies? dont get me wrong. I like Ferrel to a an extent, but i really dont think he has anything to offer as far as drama goes. He can barley keep my interest from each one of his fly by night comedies

An easy going, identifiable character; sure he's no Brando on the dramatic department, but what do you really expect?

Anchorman had charm, but most of the time the story just kept us laughing at Ron Burgundy instead of with him. Same with other Will Ferrel vehicles.

Myth
Honestly, who the f*ck wants Ferrell to branch out into drama? I'd rather have him do what he is best at rather than try to prove he can do other things.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Myth
Honestly, who the f*ck wants Ferrell to branch out into drama? I'd rather have him do what he is best at rather than try to prove he can do other things.

Me for one. It shows her has some versatility to him, unlike Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller or others. Honestly, who'd remember Woody Allen if he'd stick to doing stand up's?

vintageSW77
Why do the majority of american comedies recently released feature

A)Ben Stiller
B)Will Ferrel
C)Owen Wilson
D)John Hedder

its getting stale

doomsday49
Originally posted by vintageSW77

A)Ben Stiller
B)Will Ferrel
C)Owen Wilson
D)John Hedder

its getting stale

because they're the SH*T!!!!

exanda kane
Originally posted by vintageSW77

A)Ben Stiller
B)Will Ferrel
C)Owen Wilson
D)John Hedder

its getting stale

Because there all part of the Frat Pack?

ragesRemorse
An easy going, identifiable character; sure he's no Brando on the dramatic department, but what do you really expect?

something other than the same character in every movie.

SnakeEyes
Because there all part of the Frat Pack?

Jon Heder is NOT part of the frat pack.

He deserves to be shot by a firing squad.

ragesRemorse
what does the term Frat pack mean?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think it comes from those associated with the Old School thong.

vintageSW77
it means lets not give any other commedians a chance to make a movie

exanda kane
The frat pack is an associated group of writers, actors and directors that all give each other a hand and do each other favours. So you have Ben Stiller appearing in Anchorman, Will Ferrel appearing in Starsky and Hutch etc etc etc

They have some good films (if you take them for what they are) and some bad films.

And thank you Snake eyes for the painfully obvious fact that you nitpicked at.

vintageSW77
but to the majority of movie going types in the UK it appears thats all there is

almost every comedy we get has one of the above mentioned
seems like jobs for the boys

SnakeEyes
And thank you Snake eyes for the painfully obvious fact that you nitpicked at.

Very welcome.

Darth Vicious
Me for one. It shows her has some versatility to him, unlike Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller or others. Honestly, who'd remember Woody Allen if he'd stick to doing stand up's?

"If it aint broken, dont fix it". Me for one dont care about seeing any of the Frat Pack guys in a drama movie. They are pretty funny and enterntaining doing comedies. Old School is the s**t!

Cowboyography
Will Ferrel should never be the main character, thats his problem, he is far funnier in Old School and Wedding Crashers than any of his lead roles. I did like anchor man but past that he really is just ok....

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
"If it aint broken, dont fix it". Me for one dont care about seeing any of the Frat Pack guys in a drama movie. They are pretty funny and enterntaining doing comedies. Old School is the s**t!

Oldschool wasn't the balls, it was an occasionally funny but rather dimwitted comedy. Fine for the spare two hours or an evening out with the gf, but at the end of the day, it's not doing anything particuarly interesting, unlike Stranger than Fiction for instance, which was a quirky drama with a comic edge. Will Ferrel was perfect for that. I'd love to see him in more of that, rather than a cameo in a Stiller or Wilson vehicle.

Cory Chaos
Saw this yesterday and thought it was fairly entertaining. That said, I don't know how Jon Heder keeps getting work. He's just boring as all hell when it comes to character acting since "Napoleon Dynamite".

Screenwriting goes a long way with him, obviously.

ladygrim
I dont like will ferrell but this looks like it could be funny

MildPossession
I enjoyed it, decent comedy.

MovieJunkie
I enjoyed Blades of Glory, but now I have that song Flash by Queen stuck in my head.

Pezmerga
FLASH!OH OH OH!

Sweet Escape
I thought it was pretty funny. Me and my friends laughed stick out tongue

exanda kane
This was an entertaining hour and a half, Will Ferrel was a laugh as usual, but I felt John Heder was rather weak for a lead role. I'm not going to say his crap, or knock him at all, because I've only seen him in two films (other being Napolean Dynamite), I just hope I find myself laughing with him sometime soon, instead of at him.

I enjoy Will Arnett in anything he's in too, shame he didn't get as much dialogue as GOB in Arrested Development.

wuTa
I agree with all the above, except the Arrested Development part, I thought they did a good job with Arnett, and the rest of the characters getting enough screen time

Piggle Humsy
Saw this saturday, was hilarious.
the whole cinema was in hysterics.

I love Will Ferrell and think he's hilarious big grin
but if you don't love completely random humour then he's probably not for you.

even when he's not saying anything he can make me laugh.. it's all in the eyes.

I was a bit apprehensive about Jon Heder but he was good.

a really enjoyable film for me smile

"They laughed at Louie Armstrong when he said he was going to the moon, and now he's laughing at them from up there"

hysterical

.Dance_Inside.
I L O V E D This movie
I seriously got weird looks from people in the theater because I was laughing so hard!

I flipping LOVE Will Arnett!!!! love
"Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, but we let down the Funky Bunch!"
Priceless!

Will Ferrell so funny as usual
and I like Jon Heder too!

overall, it was a lot of fun

Sweet Escape
Me and my friends are obsessed with the show 'The Office' and the Skating siblings little sister is in it, so we were happy about that stick out tongue

OMG, they were so ****ed up though. "What is it? Are you guys still crying in heaven?"

"Remember when they use to be alive?"

laughing

ADarksideJedi
I thought the movie looked pretty gay!jm

exanda kane
It was one just one big gay joke. But at least it was an intentional gay joke, unlike 300.

MildPossession
I adore his character in Arrested Development, so was fun to see him in this movie.

snowultra
this movie was great---i thought the prewiews sucked

it was soo much better than i expected

Discos
Originally posted by Cory Chaos
Saw this yesterday and thought it was fairly entertaining. That said, I don't know how Jon Heder keeps getting work. He's just boring as all hell when it comes to character acting since "Napoleon Dynamite".

Screenwriting goes a long way with him, obviously.

exactly dude, I actually didn't like napoleon dynamite, it just pissed me off.

Blades of Glory however, is in my top 2 films of 2007, it is just the sort of movies I love. A load of rubbish put together and the comedy was hilarious, I can't tell tyuo how much times I have used the quote

"I call top bunk"
"...I already called it"
"when?"
"...in my mind"

haha, Farrell is on form as ever, great humour and the way he delivers it is perfect.

I do have to agree that his supporting parts do seem to be alot better than being the main character himself. Anchorman - I still aint sure about this film, everybody hyped about it to me and when I eventually did see it I wasn't that impressed. Far too sexest for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.