US lawmakers approve expanded stem cell research

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

By Crom!
Interesting

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10944-us-lawmakers-approve-expanded-stem-cell-research.html

Soleran
Man oh man do I love Stem Cell research and all the laws associated with it.

The Wishmaster
Hmm, I don't agree, but it's not my business to decide the law.

PVS
good news

KidRock
good

Strangelove
Bush said yesterday that he intends to veto it again, and the vote wasn't veto-proof. That's sad. sad

Cybershinobi
So he veto's it, it then goes back to congress they vote again and hopefully override the veto thus proving that the system is idiot proof. If the veto is not overridden then bad stuff will happen.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Cybershinobi
So he veto's it, it then goes back to congress they vote again and hopefully override the veto thus proving that the system is idiot proof. If the veto is not overridden then bad stuff will happen.

That way, everyone can be happy.

Fishy
Not really...

Embryos are used for a reason... Anyways I hope Bush forgets to Veto it or it gets through anyways, it's a good step in the right direction. And the US has a hell of a lot of brilliant scientists that can be used in researches like this. It would be a waste not too.

grey fox
Fantastic news....

....now to wait for the religious fanatics.

Fire
I agree with Fishy (as usual). Yea congress should just pass it again if Bush veto's it. Stem cell research is important in modern and future medicine. To hold it back on religious grounds is something I can't agree with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.