Diva Attitudes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
I've noticed a lot of artist have diva complexes. Which music artists do you feel is number one in each category?

Worst Attitude:

Biggest Attitude:

Most Deserving Attitude:

Best Attitude:

Most Overrated Attitude:

Marxman
Is this restricted to females because Prince had a huge diva complex.

Alpha Centauri
^^^ Proof that attitudes shouldn't matter really.

If Prince having mood swings is enough to stop people liking him, well...

-AC

Marxman
Oh. I don't not like him. Prince is the man. Doesn't change the fact that he knew it and acted like it.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not seeing a problem there.

He is the man, why is it only ok if we say it and believe it? He's extremely introverted and secretive anyway.

-AC

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Marxman

I shoulda added the word divette or somethinglaughing out loud To answer your question no it isn't restricted to women.

Bardock42
Why are you two arguing (AC and Marxman)?

Slay
Danzig.

DSiAjnPIvPM

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why are you two arguing (AC and Marxman)?

Kinda ironic that a thread about diva attitudes would spark one isn't it?

Funkadelic

Still Has

lorddreamer
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I've noticed a lot of artist have diva complexes. Which music artists do you feel is number one in each category?

Worst Attitude: lil Wayne

Biggest Attitude: Kane West

Most Deserving Attitude:Jay-Z

Best Attitude: John Legend

Most Overrated Attitude: Kanye West

LethalFemme
Originally posted by lorddreamer

At least someone did it thanks.

Marxman
Jay-Z most deserving? Pssh, please.

lorddreamer
Jay-Z most deserving? Pssh, please.

Who's more deserving?? Who actually 1. writes good rhymes 2. raps about things he's actually done 3. Been as consistent

honostly, I'm wondering. I did mine quick, but as far as I can tell, it works pretty well...

Marxman
Who's more deserving?? Who actually 1. writes good rhymes 2. raps about things he's actually done 3. Been as consistent

honostly, I'm wondering. I did mine quick, but as far as I can tell, it works pretty well... Jay-Z's lyrics are nothing but a self-love fest. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have a couple good songs. But his ego far exceeds his talent.

LethalFemme
Jay-Z's lyrics are nothing but a self-love fest. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have a couple good songs. But his ego far exceeds his talent.

care to make your own?

lorddreamer
Jay-Z's lyrics are nothing but a self-love fest. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have a couple good songs. But his ego far exceeds his talent.

I have to disagree. Gimme the title of one song per album (as many as you can, dont go out of your way) that proves this. Of course he has liines in his songs saying yeah, im great or im the boss, but well, he is great and he is the boss, and its rap. Rappers almost have to make claims like that. It's like a law.

lmao why dont you make one, Femme?

Marxman
Originally posted by LethalFemme
care to make your own? Most deserving? To be honest, those who are actually good don't really have a "diva complex". I guess I like artists who don't really sell that many records. By the mainstream, they aren't good, so they don't end up acquiring that attitude. Hmmm....maybe Common? His songs rarely have that self adoration that I was talking about with Jay-Z, but even when he does, he does it in a much more poetic way than the "I'm the best there ever was" bull shit that so common (ha...see what I did there?) in today's rap scene.

Or maybe 2pac or Biggie. Their music is still being listened to, a decade after their deaths.

Marxman
I have to disagree. Gimme the title of one song per album (as many as you can, dont go out of your way) that proves this. Of course he has liines in his songs saying yeah, im great or im the boss, but well, he is great and he is the boss, and its rap. Rappers almost have to make claims like that. It's like a law.

lmao why dont you make one, Femme? Well let's see. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple. "The Originators", "Brooklyn's Finest", "Izzo", "What More Can I Say"...I'd have to go to a list of his songs and probably listen to a couple again to remember. Plus, have you ever heard that "I'm a biter, not a writer" thing? Jay stole so many lines straight from Biggie and various other rappers pretty much word for word. If I can find it online I'll post a link.

Alpha Centauri

lmao why dont you make one, Femme?

He did have a line, repeated, in Dirt off Your Shoulder that says "Best rapper alive.".

-AC

Marxman
Plus, have you ever heard that "I'm a biter, not a writer" thing? Jay stole so many lines straight from Biggie and various other rappers pretty much word for word. If I can find it online I'll post a link. Here it is. http://odeo.com/audio/633407/view

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.