Pre-Crisis Superman vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Supes is bloodlusted.
Who wins?

FearOfBlood
any version of Supes would last seconds (maybe 2 or 3)

sexyking
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Supes is bloodlusted.
Who wins?

laughing This is from the Morg VS darksied thread ahhhhhhh this forum has really changed i remember the good old days. Anyway Pre-Crisis Superman had powers that called for a certain situation so Tyrant loses.

sexyking
Originally posted by FearOfBlood

laughing Do some research and feel free to come back.

By Crom!
Supes is bloodlusted.
Who wins?

Pre crisis Supes blood lusted? Now theres a misnomer!

Anyway PC Supes wins.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by sexyking
laughing This is from the Morg VS darksied thread ahhhhhhh this forum has really changed i remember the good old days. Anyway Pre-Crisis Superman had powers that called for a certain situation so Tyrant loses.
13srug

sexyking

Uni-Hulk should be a match for Galactus.

Oh now i understand laughing

Ouallada
Depends on which version IMO. FP one would wipe the floor with PC superman pretty easily. DP one would depend. He was skyfather level in power. Was PC superman really that powerful? Not to mention, PC superman had a lot of instances in which his weaknesses were exploited, more so than Post crisis SM. Surely, even DP Tyrant, a skyfather level with the power cosmic could expliot some of them? Either way, Tyrant has too few feats to judge properly. I will be checking out the subsequent arguments.

Darth_Erebus
Is this full powered or depowered Tyrant? Depowered kills Supes after a decent battle. Full powered Tyrant kills Supes in .0000973 seconds.

By Crom!
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Is this full powered or depowered Tyrant? Depowered kills Supes after a decent battle. Full powered Tyrant kills Supes in .0000973 seconds.

PC Supes would just use his anti Tyrant vision, game over!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Ouallada
Depends on which version IMO. FP one would wipe the floor with PC superman pretty easily. DP one would depend. He was skyfather level in power. Was PC superman really that powerful? Not to mention, PC superman had a lot of instances in which his weaknesses were exploited, more so than Post crisis SM. Surely, even DP Tyrant, a skyfather level with the power cosmic could expliot some of them? Either way, Tyrant has too few feats to judge properly. I will be checking out the subsequent arguments.
Pre-Crisis Superman destroyed a solar system with a sneeze.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Full powered Tyrant kills Supes in .0000973

who don't agree with you is just retarded

By Crom!

He also had plot device of the weak power. A new power for a new situation. Excellent stuff, think Goku to the max!

FearOfBlood
Oh now i understand laughing

ehi,

Do some research and feel free to come back.

By Crom!

Yes, your sentence structure makes you a good judge.

smile

Ouallada

I don't really mind some of PC Sm's feats, but this one is pretty stupid, in my opinion, worse than Hulk's anti-matter feat.

Still, to deal with a skyfather and take the majority you would need more than pure strength.

sexyking

Talking about retarded

Uni-Hulk should be a match for Galactus.

juggernaut66666
Owned.

sexyking
I don't really mind some of PC Sm's feats, but this one is pretty stupid, in my opinion, worse than Hulk's anti-matter feat.

Still, to deal with a skyfather and take the majority you would need more than pure strength.

Granted his feats were ridiculous theres no denying that but that was the character he was ridiculous, if he needed a certain power for a situation the writers would give it to him or make sure he was versatile enough for the needed feat.

Ouallada
Let me correct it for you:

Uni-Hulk should be a match for one of Galactus' beard hairs.

By Crom!
Owned.

Don't say owned, yes the guy is wrong but noone is owned on a comic forum, it just makes you look as childish as the other guy who made the silly comment!

Ouallada
Granted his feats were ridiculous theres no denying that but that was the character he was ridiculous, if he needed a certain power for a situation the writers would give it to him or make sure he was versatile enough for the needed feat.

Therein lies the point. PC SM was powerful because he was so plot deviced. The entire crisis was DC saving their characters. We are not referring to whether or not the writers would give PC SM some anti-tyrant powers or anything, but whether or not PC SM would be able tot ake on a skyfather without PIS. If we were counting on how writers would perceive a situation, SS would get whooped by SM in the comics, but that is not the way things are perceived around here, I gather.

By Crom!
Therein lies the point. PC SM was powerful because he was so plot deviced. The entire crisis was DC saving their characters. We are not referring to whether or not the writers would give PC SM some anti-tyrant powers or anything, but whether or not PC SM would be able tot ake on a skyfather without PIS. If we were counting on how writers would perceive a situation, SS would get whooped by SM in the comics, but that is not the way things are perceived around here, I gather.

No, he already had enough plot device powers and feats to do it. It's that simple.

Ouallada
Originally posted by By Crom!
No, he already had enough plot device powers and feats to do it. It's that simple.

I am hesitant to jump to those conclusions. T-vo is pretty much a PIS power which should never be counted in such debates. Not to mention that the power cosmic has been shown to be able to attune to SM's weaknesses. As well as the fact that the power cosmic has a whole array of abilities too.

By Crom!
I am hesitant to jump to those conclusions. T-vo is pretty much a PIS power which should never be counted in such debates. Not to mention that the power cosmic has been shown to be able to attune to SM's weaknesses. As well as the fact that the power cosmic has a whole array of abilities too.

It's part of his powerset of course it should be counted. Any used power should be counted.

Ouallada
If it is PIS should it still be counted?

DevilGoblin
You can't be serious. Tyrant could erase almost all Dc Universe alone.

He wins 1000/1000

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by DevilGoblin

He wins 1000/1000
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

By Crom!
If it is PIS should it still be counted?

T-vo is a power not PIS. IT's like saying a novel use of the power cosmic is PIS that's still pointless as this is pre crisis and he sneezes solar systems fall. He can alter reality and time travel at a whim etc. etc.

He wins 1000/1000

Um, no, he couldn't and you base this on what. The thread says pre - crisis, tell me what you know of pre-crisis. smile

DevilGoblin
T-vo is a power not PIS. IT's like saying a novel use of the power cosmic is PIS that's still pointless as this is pre crisis and he sneezes solar systems fall. He can alter reality and time travel at a whim etc. etc.

Um, no, he couldn't and you base this on what. The thread says pre - crisis, tell me what you know of pre-crisis. smile

Pre Crisis Superman could not beat the Savage Hulk, Tyrant is Galactus level, so are you saying the hulk is Tyrant/Galactus level ?

juggernaut66666
Pre Crisis Superman could not beat the Savage Hulk, Tyrant is Galactus level, so are you saying the hulk is Tyrant/Galactus level ?
Tyrant was never Galactus level. wink

By Crom!

lol

Pre Crisis Supes sneezed away solar systems, shredded the time barrier, altered reality. He was in the fifties capable of doing things even 60's and 70's Precrisis Supes could not do. So if we are using fifties pre-crisis Superman, damn straight, nothing could stop him.

smile

sexyking

roll eyes (sarcastic) Hulk pounded on pre-cris superman chest still he calmed down, thats like a father letting his spoilt child vent at him and have his tantrum still he stopped crying.

Ohhhhhhhh boy hulk certainly showed him

By Crom!
roll eyes (sarcastic) Hulk pounded on pre-cris superman chest still he calmed down, thats like a father letting his spoilt child vent at him and have his tantrum still he stopped crying.

Ohhhhhhhh boy hulk certainly showed him

Indeed as I remember though he was thinking if he keeps getting stronger he might actually move me.

MattDay
he got weakened pretty quick after he stopped hitting superman, i think hulk would kill himself on superman lol go fig

Ouallada
"T-vo is a power not PIS. IT's like saying a novel use of the power cosmic is PIS that's still pointless as this is pre crisis and he sneezes solar systems fall. He can alter reality and time travel at a whim etc. etc.
"

It is a power borne of PIS, but that is another matter for another day. PIS in that it was specifically to help SM take down threats he would not have normally, and even then it was not executed in a way that was believable.

Yup, a novel use of the power cosmic would be counted as PIS if it was obviously out of the power league of the user, or if it was so spiderman v firelord that it does not make sense. Novel uses of the PC like bringing happiness or control over energy, phasing etc are within the powerset of the heralds. If SS were to suddenly develop a technique that is blatantly obviously engineered jsut to give him the victory over a much more powerful being, that usage of the PC is borne of PIS.

Time travel etc are abilities the PC endows, and if herald levels are capable of such, what about a skyfather wielder of the PC? Add that to cosmic awareness and the ability to target superman's weaknesses and we have a very decent fight indeed.

MattDay
PIS has a fine line to when its character development to just making crap up to move the story along, i say its a nice development to superman as everyone is too scared to mess with him at the moment, but they just didn't introduce the power correctly, so much so it was total PIS, i will agree but i would welcome if they give the power a regular showing and a good use of it not for just beating someone when he dont know what to do next lol

By Crom!
"T-vo is a power not PIS. IT's like saying a novel use of the power cosmic is PIS that's still pointless as this is pre crisis and he sneezes solar systems fall. He can alter reality and time travel at a whim etc. etc.
"

It is a power borne of PIS, but that is another matter for another day. PIS in that it was specifically to help SM take down threats he would not have normally, and even then it was not executed in a way that was believable.

Yup, a novel use of the power cosmic would be counted as PIS if it was obviously out of the power league of the user, or if it was so spiderman v firelord that it does not make sense. Novel uses of the PC like bringing happiness or control over energy, phasing etc are within the powerset of the heralds. If SS were to suddenly develop a technique that is blatantly obviously engineered jsut to give him the victory over a much more powerful being, that usage of the PC is borne of PIS.

Time travel etc are abilities the PC endows, and if herald levels are capable of such, what about a skyfather wielder of the PC? Add that to cosmic awareness and the ability to target superman's weaknesses and we have a very decent fight indeed.

Good post, however we are talking precrisis Supes, I agree with you T-vo is not PIS as I stated earlier. The power cosmic though is so ill defined, Surfer for instance has actually created life on more than one occasion. None of that matters against 50's pre-crisis Supes though.

Ouallada
Good post, however we are talking precrisis Supes, I agree with you T-vo is not PIS as I stated earlier. The power cosmic though is so ill defined, Surfer for instance has actually created life on more than one occasion. None of that matters against 50's pre-crisis Supes though.

The difference is that Superman needed to win somehow, and T-Vo was simply the silver bullet that the writers decided to give him, and was borne of a plot necessity. The PC's more subtle uses are inspite of plot, and are not obviously contrived as silver bullets.

Thanos_THOTU
Tyrant destroyed countless of Galaxies as side effect of his battle with Galactus.

In fact even normal Thanos can destroy a solar system just by pointing.
And De-powered Tyrant would kill Thanos like nothing.

If Thanos didn't have Tyrants enchantment ball he would be screwed.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Tyrant destroyed countless of Galaxies as side effect of his battle with Galactus.

In fact even normal Thanos can destroy a solar system just by pointing.
And De-powered Tyrant would kill Thanos like nothing.

If Thanos didn't have Tyrants enchantment ball he would be screwed.
Form where did you get this countless of Galaxies stuff?

Rewmac
Depowered Tyrant was beating Glads,SS and Beta Ray...Hmm...

I think he takes this.

thtadthtshldntb
By PC Superman, I am presuming that means E1 Superman..

he of the like 1,000,001+ Super<insert power name here> abilities.

Some feats, aside from the solar system destroying sneeze...

As Superboy (who was weaker than his grown up self) he once dragged a chain containing hundreds of planets from one galaxy to another in real time with no harm to the planets.

Also as Superboy he along with Mon-El, Ultraboy and Wildfore contained a matter/antimatter explosion that would have blown up a planet, with no harm to the landscape right near them. All the other three were knocked out, Superboy was not even phased.

As Superman, under one of those "turn the sun red" storylines, he remained powered by phasing through the red sun light.

Once while talking to Lois, in mid sentence he

a) "heard" a planetary disaster in another galaxy
b) flew there
c) averted the disaster
d) flew back
e) Lois did not even notice him move

E1 Superman was more or less only owned by beings like PC Darkseid, PC Mongul, Mordru and the Time Trapper all of whom would own any version of Tyrant in a few seconds.

By Crom!
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
By PC Superman, I am presuming that means E1 Superman..

he of the like 1,000,001+ Super<insert power name here> abilities.

Some feats, aside from the solar system destroying sneeze...

As Superboy (who was weaker than his grown up self) he once dragged a chain containing hundreds of planets from one galaxy to another in real time with no harm to the planets.

Also as Superboy he along with Mon-El, Ultraboy and Wildfore contained a matter/antimatter explosion that would have blown up a planet, with no harm to the landscape right near them. All the other three were knocked out, Superboy was not even phased.

As Superman, under one of those "turn the sun red" storylines, he remained powered by phasing through the red sun light.

Once while talking to Lois, in mid sentence he

a) "heard" a planetary disaster in another galaxy
b) flew there
c) averted the disaster
d) flew back
e) Lois did not even notice him move

E1 Superman was more or less only owned by beings like PC Darkseid, PC Mongul, Mordru and the Time Trapper all of whom would own any version of Tyrant in a few seconds.

There is a thread somewhere on this forum about exactly this, I saw it once browsing shifty

grey fox
While PC superman has his impressive 'Make up powers as I go along' power it was balanced out by the fact that even the tiniest piece of K-nite nearly killed him. Tyrant simply transmutes the entire planet there on into K-nite and supes is fuxxored.

By Crom!
Originally posted by grey fox
While PC superman has his impressive 'Make up powers as I go along' power it was balanced out by the fact that even the tiniest piece of K-nite nearly killed him. Tyrant simply transmutes the entire planet there on into K-nite and supes is fuxxored.

It really didn't work like that in the fifties, they almost totally forgot about Kryptonite and once moving he would just time phase in and out. He's done it before.

Ouallada
^There is the problem with pre-crisis DC. There were too many inconsistencies, and their explanation of heroes letting loose slowly is merely a poor explanation for their making up abilities on the fly as required by the plot to achieve a certain end, without enough thought for the storytelling process.

PC Superman has feats for almost everything. Phasing, time travel, T-vo and so on. He is balanced out by his weaknesses. Of course, he has also been shown to be resistant to K-nite, but that is an exception rather than the norm.

I am not giving the fight to anyone of these two without hearing from people who may know more anout them than myself, but I just want to say that PC superman is not all-powerful, and that Tyrant's powerset and level can easily equal a victory for him, just like superman's feats can easily equal a victory for him.

xmeat
this is pure bullshit Superman beating tyrant laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Kutulu
PC Superman had some of the most incredible feats out of any character.

I honestly believe that PC Superman would win over depowered Tyrant. His feats of tossing a Neutron Star light years using his hand (twice the mass of our sun), sneezing out a solar system in a dead part of the universe, towing hundreds of planets casually, etc. make me think that he would be slightly ahead of depowered Tyrant, as mentioned above PC Superman could make any new power on a whim.

I have seen scans of him making a new power called "super basket weaving". This fight, I would say he takes depowered Tyrant, but loses to full powered Tyrant (of course).

Galan007
Pre Crisis Superman could not beat the Savage Hulk, Tyrant is Galactus level, so are you saying the hulk is Tyrant/Galactus level ? Galactus-level huh?

Is that why it was Galactus himself that was responsible for depowering Tyrant in the first place?

As for this battle, PC Supes has a good chance IMO.

TricksterPriest
Pre-Crisis Supes was full of PIS and plot device powers. Scary thing is, the guy's feats put him easily on Skyfather. He's at least mid Skyfather given that he basically destroy galaxies with minimal effort. Even with K-nite, I think Tyrant's screwed. Pre-Crisis supes had a "Can Not Lose" clause built into his character. Even if he had to develop super radiation immunity, or super insanity-causing eyes, or super bad jokes....., you see the level of rediculousness I'm talking about? The guy was nearly unbeatable. Tyrant's outclassed. But I think even Pre-Crisis Supes MIGHT go down to Tyrant.

Unless, he comes up with a super galactus power channeler. laughing Got ya.

xmeat
supes is doomed

carver9
gladiator IS based off of pre crisis superman and he lost easily to tyrant. example:
Lifting this building up with ease.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/FF05.jpg

Fighting ego the planet:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Ego3.jpg

Read what nova says about gladiator and nova have fought and teamed up with some of the most powerful hero's and villians in the universe.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Nova02.jpg

Look at his strength and read what thor says about his speed.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/WPitGlad.jpg

Read on his vision
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Hypervision.jpg

Moving a asteroid that is blocking a star. That has to be a huge asteroid.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladHearing.jpg

Read what they are saying about his strength and eye vision.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladPower2.jpg

Another display of his strength.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/GladPlanet1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/Gladiator/Gladplanet2.jpg

Read what they say about his speed and his power. The guy created another star and survived a nova blast without any harm.
http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/8890/gladiatornovaexplosion2kd.jpg

He is pre crisis superman and he lost to tyrant easily.

TricksterPriest
........no. Just no. Comparing Gladiator to pre-crisis Supes is a joke.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
........no. Just no. Comparing Gladiator to pre-crisis Supes is a joke.

just think of the result of a Gladiator vs Pre-Crisis Superman thread (poor Gladiator)

hmm . . .

TricksterPriest
Do it, do it, do it......... yes laughing Digi would probably lock it in 5 minutes.

xmeat
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
just think of the result of a Gladiator vs Pre-Crisis Superman thread (poor Gladiator)

hmm . . . what a idiot

carver9
Im not saying that he IS pre crisis supes but some of feats are almost there. When gladiator puts his mind to it he can do anything and his strength is incaculable, he doesnt have a limit.
His speed almost dont have a limit. He's almost there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by xmeat
what a idiot

What an idiot.

when you insult people try to use proper grammar

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by carver9
Im not saying that he IS pre crisis supes but some of feats are almost there. When gladiator puts his mind to it he can do anything and his strength is incaculable, he doesnt have a limit.
His speed almost dont have a limit. He's almost there.

Gladiator is less powerful overall than Thor.

E1 Superman has a feat that can be compared to all of Gladiator's feats and everyone of them dwarfs Gladiators.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.