where do you get ur music from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

reggie_jax
what would you say is da best place to find the best sweeeeeeeet rifffs dude??? cool

Morning_Glory
www.multiply.com thumb up

Funkadelic
A Store?

taste_u
You forgot OiNk

reggie_jax
Originally posted by Funkadelic
A Store? one with an internet connection i would hope???

Funkadelic

taste_u
Buying music is for ****'s

Funkadelic
**** U

taste_u
Don't bark up that tree, that tree will fall on you

Blue_Hefner
A forumi whose name I will not reveal

Funkadelic
Originally posted by taste_u

Stealing is wrong.

taste_u
Lol - don't come that fake morality.

What's wrong is helping to reduce art to the level of product.

lorddreamer

I have eternal respect for you. As of now. Except that its do no, not dont wink

Anyway, I actually put down the dollars for my musics. Except when I cant get my hands on the music, like all mixtapes. Just because I like to believe that I'm supporting both the store I shop at and the artist. I'm probly not helping anyone but The Man, but... well, w/e!! Happy Dance

taste_u
Fake morality of pro-consumerism. A way to feel you can justify unnecessary purchases.

I do not want what I haven't got.

jaden101
Lol - don't come that fake morality.

What's wrong is helping to reduce art to the level of product.

so you're saying an artist should spend months of their life and at the end just give away what they worked on...

perhaps you'd like to pay higher taxes just to make sure talented artists of any field can actually survive while they create their work

taste_u
If I'm profoundly moved by an artist's work, I can reciprocate my affection in something more meaningful than cold commerce.

Art is self expression, they should work for the love of the art not for the ****ing pay off, the latter is what we call a 'sell out'

Bands make more money from concerts anyway.

reggie_jax
lol

**** you jaden

peep game

lorddreamer
If I'm profoundly moved by an artist's work, I can reciprocate my affection in something more meaningful than cold commerce.

Art is self expression, they should work for the love of the art not for the ****ing pay off, the latter is what we call a 'sell out'

Bands make more money from concerts anyway.

Except that its their job to make this music. Just because they enjoy their work doesnt mean it should be free. Don't get me wrong, I download a good amount of my music too, but still when the music is worth the dollars, its best to go cop it.
You're right, concerts are the primary income for most artists.

§P0oONY
Out of the choices.... Bit torrent.

taste_u
Originally posted by lorddreamer
Except that its their job to make this music. Just because they enjoy their work doesnt mean it should be free. Don't get me wrong, I download a good amount of my music too, but still when the music is worth the dollars, its best to go cop it.
You're right, concerts are the primary income for most artists.

If you see a fiver, you pick that ****ing thing up. Don't come this crap about how you'd hand it in, if you do that you're a dumb **** cos it just goes to the government that opresses you anyway. Same thing here.

It's not best to do anything other than what one has the resources, and what one chooses, to do.

The point is that cold money is a shallow way of expressing appreciation for art and buying CDs just helps to desecrate art to the level of disposable product, of plastic, of dots and figures.

I make albums and give em away free - I get by on a part time job and I buy nothing. I have a great life because experience is better than ****ing buying shit I don't need and attaching fake sentimentality to material goods.

As long as ive got whiskey and cocaine im alrite.

**** buying anything.

**** canada.

§P0oONY

el_barto
I prefer to buy my music, but if I've already bought something and I've lost it and want it again, I'll download it using Frostwire, which is Limewire for Linux.

lorddreamer
If you see a fiver, you pick that ****ing thing up. Don't come this crap about how you'd hand it in, if you do that you're a dumb **** cos it just goes to the government that opresses you anyway. Same thing here.

It's not best to do anything other than what one has the resources, and what one chooses, to do.

The point is that cold money is a shallow way of expressing appreciation for art and buying CDs just helps to desecrate art to the level of disposable product, of plastic, of dots and figures.

I make albums and give em away free - I get by on a part time job and I buy nothing. I have a great life because experience is better than ****ing buying shit I don't need and attaching fake sentimentality to material goods.

As long as ive got whiskey and cocaine im alrite.

**** buying anything.

**** canada.

Ok... lemme take this slow.
1. How do you compare buying a cd and finding money on the ground? I would pick up the money, of course. But thats different from giving my money to an artist. I really dont even see a connection.
2. Listen, cold money is THE way of expressing my appreciation when the dude is working for months to sell it to you. to SELL it to you. This is his job, dude.
If noone buys the stuff you're trying to sell at your parttime job and stole it instead, how would you feel? Same thing here.
3. Noone actually enjoys being broke, and if I feel like I have a shot at getting rich from my music... I'm taking it or im dumb. Not calling you dumb, though
4. Do you think you represent all artists, dude? Look at all artists, dude. Put 2 and 2 togethor.
5. If I really like to wear nice clothes, then Ima go cop so nice clothes. My job is the means by which I do that. Put 2 and 2 togethor.

Wow... cussing out Canada is... LAME (thats another Takeover ref. for you wink)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.