CW: Fallen Son; A beloved character dies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
So the premise of the Civil War: Fallen Son LS is that one of the "most beloved characters in the Marvel Universe" dies and how other heroes deal with it through the stages of grief. Well, after reading the synopsis of the first issue (see above) I started wondering who the character might be... and I'm at a loss. Honestly out side of the X-Men how many people are there in the Marvel Universe that Wolverine would feel strong enough to investigate the deaths of? It's a small list... and it gets smaller if you are looking at characters who actually have some involvement in Civil War. Nick Fury is one of the few people IMO who's death Wolverine would investigate but he isn't involved in CW in any big way, and he is hardly a "beloved character". Captain America and maybe, maybe the Thing (and thats pushing it) seem like the only two possible answers (there are a few more but they have been confirmed alive with Post-CW team rosters) but Cap is the star of Fallen Son issue five.... so I have no idea.

So who is this beloved character that dies?

Entity
It won't last if I'm right but the way things are looking, I'd bet all my chips on Cap!

ExodusCloak
Huh? Does this have anything to do with Wolverine Origins #10? But then again you still don't know if Jubilee died or not.

Kallark-Kent
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Huh? Does this have anything to do with Wolverine Origins #10? But then again you still don't know if Jubilee died or not.

I think he said beloved. stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
I think he said beloved. stick out tongue

Heh good point...I suppose it also says "Son"...but then again Wolverine could be the "Fallen Son"...or the person who's responsible for her death could be the "Fallen Son". Last time we saw her..Omega Red impaled her with a piece of metal...and Shield were supposed to give her medical attention. Not to mention Wolvey's son appears in the issue...so actually Wolvey's son could be the Fallen Son and responsible for Jubilees death.

srankmissingnin
I can't see Spider-man being depressed over Jubilee's death... sad

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I can't see Spider-man being depressed over Jubilee's death... sad

Ah well that explains it...can't think of anyone..so it's a person who is linked to the New Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Captain America.

I suppose Nick Fury makes the most sense...

Spidey's depression could be a mixture of both his family falling apart and Fury's death...(They were never that close were they?)

Entity
It's Tony...

He is making the most since by far right now.
1. Marvel has been making him look like more and more of an ass, (What better way to save the character then to kill him)
2. He is one of the main Civil War players not mentioned in the list.
3. I could really see Cap bargining since he may feel largely responible
4. With what has been going on in his life, (His friend dies and Tony is getting WAY to powerful lately anyway)
yea definitely Tony

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Entity
It's Tony... yea definitely Tony

Isn't Tony part of the Mighty Avengers..though? And he's hardly a beloved character...can't see people weeping over his death. Meh...same could be said about Fury.

Kallark-Kent
What about Doctor Strange? Unsuspected, beloved, loved by most of them. One of spidermans best friends.

Entity
Isn't Tony part of the Mighty Avengers..though? And he's hardly a beloved character...can't see people weeping over his death. Meh...same could be said about Fury.

I keep reading allot of people saying that it might not be Tony in the armor in Mighty Avengers???

srankmissingnin
I can't see Wolverine feeling the need to investigate the deaths of Iron Man or Strange though. They are acquaintances and not much more.

But Strange is confirmed as a part of New Avengers Post-CW, so that counts him out anyway.

Kallark-Kent
I can't see Wolverine feeling the need to investigate the deaths of Iron Man or Strange though. They are acquaintances and not much more.

Agreed, forgot about Wolverine...

Prof X?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kallark-Kent
Agreed, forgot about Wolverine...

Prof X?

He's in space.

Kallark-Kent
He's in space.

Yeah...

Hmm, this one may need some thinkint.

ExodusCloak
Black Widow? (Yep I'm running out of ideas)

srankmissingnin
If Cap died do you think Winter Soldier would take his mantle... or out of respect for Steve would retire it?

Black Window is a member of Mighty Avengers wink

Entity

Yea but, Logan is the type of guy that you would never expect by his past actions to step up to the plate for you and then do just that. So despite his actions I could see him after Tony's death to try and disprove it or to be really pissed.

srankmissingnin
Yea but, Logan is the type of guy that you would never expect by his past actions to step up to the plate for you and then do just that. So despice his actions I could see him after Tony's death to try and disprove it or to be really pissed.

I don't know the Pro-Registration initiative has some similarities with Weapon X (except not mutant oriented), I can see Wolverine harboring some grudges against Tony... but Wolverine hasn't been too involved in Civil War so maybe is isn't aware of the prisons and government pardons for villains.

TricksterPriest
He has some contacts in the govt., I expect if he does look into it, he'll find out very quickly what's going on. Just for the hell of it, Jean Grey? I have no idea what's happened with her, but I think Logan would want to find out who killed her if she is dead. Her or Cyke is my guess.

willRules
Iron-man would certainly be my guess yes I can't wait to find out who it is though.

Kid Kurdy
Ah well that explains it...can't think of anyone..so it's a person who is linked to the New Avengers, the Mighty Avengers, Wolverine, Spiderman, and Captain America.

MJ ?

By Crom!
It's Tony...

He is making the most since by far right now.
1. Marvel has been making him look like more and more of an ass, (What better way to save the character then to kill him)
2. He is one of the main Civil War players not mentioned in the list.
3. I could really see Cap bargining since he may feel largely responible
4. With what has been going on in his life, (His friend dies and Tony is getting WAY to powerful lately anyway)
yea definitely Tony

Won't happen with the film in production. Iron man is about to get a massive hype fest.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
MJ ?

I was thinking the same.

And, just to throw this out there, Spider-Woman?

manorastroman
Originally posted by By Crom!
Won't happen with the film in production. Iron man is about to get a massive hype fest.

by crom! do you remember who plays iron man? downey junior? perhaps even gary oldman?

What If...
I was thinking the same thing

- She has worked with wolverine on and off for the past couple years, and recently in New Avengers
- She was part of New Avengers
- Has a history with shield and cap, especially recently in CW.
- You know, Spider-man...spider-woman....of course he would be depressed big grin

Disappear
fallen son doesnt really make sense as a name if the deceased is a female.

TricksterPriest
Robert Downey Jr. and Terence Stamp as Jim Rhodes. Mandarin is supposed to be the main villain, but Jon Favreau said he wants to make him slightly different while keeping the formidable personality. Translation: This is either going to bomb badly and tarnish IM's rep (more than his actions in Civil War), or it's going to give him unrivaled popularity (and possibly give the writers an opening to rehabilitate the character.)

SpunkySmurph
My guess is either Hank Pym or MJ, though I only say the latter becausse of the sniper seen in the recent ASM.

I'm betting most of my chips on Pym, who seems connected to most of the crowd.

srankmissingnin
... Why would Wolverine be in denial over the death of MJ?

H. S. 6
... Why would Wolverine be in denial over the death of MJ?

Secret love. naughty

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Secret love. naughty

But I though MJ liked her men spindly and sexual ambiguous? evil face

SpunkySmurph
As I said, I bet it'll be Pym and #5 will star Ironman or Wasp

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
As I said, I bet it'll be Pym and #5 will star Ironman or Wasp

Don't think it will be Pym since he is drugged and tied up unconscious some where in Arizona. It will be one of the people present before the big shown in issue 6.

Grimm22
Typeface? But then everybody realizes that anyone who is enough of a loser to go around with the name 'Typeface', they deserved to die big grin

How about that US Agent's Bucky? I forget his name. But he was in #6 too

outavodka
never said it was during Civil war so could it mean it co-ops with THE RETURN/G-Vell
Never said it wasnt a hero/Sabertooth eh...
More on a CivilWar note
Cap
Bucky
NickFury
Penance hard maybe
OR -------------------drum role its a story that leads him to the truth about THE HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Vicious
Tony aint that "beloved" right now! My guess is Aunt May. Specially after all Avengers had a chance to interact with her since Spidey became ne of the Avengers and her death would be a result of Peter's mistake to reveal himself and as a result of the CW for leaving them wide open and vulnearble to an attack.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Tony aint that "beloved" right now! My guess is Aunt May. Specially after all Avengers had a chance to interact with her since Spidey became ne of the Avengers and her death would be a result of Peter's mistake to reveal himself and as a result of the CW for leaving them wide open and vulnearble to an attack. but why would Wolvie investigate May's death? she's old, it happens no expression

bigbran
Punisher?
Hulk?
Aunt May?
Maybe Cap is just depressed over his own death...

Rhino!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by bigbran
Punisher?
Hulk?
Aunt May?
Maybe Cap is just depressed over his own death...

Rhino!

1)no 2)hell no, World War Wulk is gonna come out 3) like i said before, she's old, it happens, i doubt Wolvie would investigate that... 4) no expression What the f**k?

laughing he probably would be missed i guess

DigiMark007
World War Wulk?

laughing out loud

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
World War Wulk?

laughing out loud embarrasment to many Ws.....

shut up! stick out tongue

can't even edit it sad

Darth Vicious

Beta Ray Howard
I'm thinking Mary Jane.

alra121
Maybe its Reed, I know its a stretch since the movie is coming out this year. Remember the last book they have not revealed which character is in the last book titled Acceptance.

I am just looking at all the characters that are present in end of CW # 6, that would make an impact.

By Crom!
Originally posted by manorastroman
by crom! do you remember who plays iron man? downey junior? perhaps even gary oldman?

Last I heard Downey Junior, By Crom!

smile

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Robert Downey Jr. and Terence Stamp as Jim Rhodes. Mandarin is supposed to be the main villain, but Jon Favreau said he wants to make him slightly different while keeping the formidable personality. Translation: This is either going to bomb badly and tarnish IM's rep (more than his actions in Civil War), or it's going to give him unrivaled popularity (and possibly give the writers an opening to rehabilitate the character.)

owned2 So who should get to play Mandarin?

NiņoAraņa
She is old but her death wont be natural. Remember shge and MJ are on the Snipers crosshairs which wouldnt have happened if not for the CW. i doubt, i mean highly! doubt anything is gonna happen there......plus it's most likely going to be a lil post-CW.Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
I'm thinking Mary Jane.
maybe.....whose reading Riegn?

bigbran
Originally posted by alra121
Maybe its Reed, I know its a stretch laughing out loud Oh you...

srankmissingnin
The death of MJ or Aunt May isn't enough of a push to sell a five issue mini series. A one shot? Maybe... but I don't think anyone cares enough about either of them to buy a five issue mini series ontop of the regular monthly Spider-man titles. I imagine someone in marketing would have told Marvel that.

Not that I'd complain if it where either of them... heck kill them both off! It would make for better stories.

SnakeEyes
I'm thinking it's Spider-Woman.

SpunkySmurph
Actually, Spider-woman IS a big possibility.

-Not confirmed for any post-CW teams
-Links to each of the stars
-Big enough star for a mini

willRules
That's a good choice actually, but what about Bendis influence? He loves that character and I wonder if he would let her die smile

Lucid Lui
Is everyone foregtting the Spider-Woman ongoing that Bendis and Maleev have been touting for a loooooong time now? It's their next big project together. I doubt she'll be the one to die.

Grimm22
We haven't heard anything about Falcon Post-CW yet erm

But then Marvel would be just giving Hudlin an excuse to create stupid racial stories (BP joins Cap's side because of Goliath?!? Since when the hell were they freinds?!?)

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Grimm22

But then Marvel would be just giving Hudlin an excuse to create stupid racial stories (BP joins Cap's side because of Goliath?!? Since when the hell were they freinds?!?) actually, if Falcon died, I'D complain.......

no expression

Darth Vicious
Thinking about it and by the title "Fallen Son", I dont think is either MJ or May even though one of them will die for sure on ASM. Im thinking it has to be a male character so im going with Tony.

willRules
Falcon or Tony are possible choices.........

Jimmy Buggs
It will have to be someone important. Spider-woman and falcon are lame. Why would it effect everyone if reed or tony died. I think it has to be cap. maybe a fake death from cap. The cap issue in the mini could be his funeral.

Darth Macabre

But then Marvel would be just giving Hudlin an excuse to create stupid racial stories (BP joins Cap's side because of Goliath?!? Since when the hell were they freinds?!?) Falcon...good point.

alra121
It's not Spiderwoman, she has just been confirmed on Bendis's New Avengers. I don't think its going to be Tony, haven't they already killed him once and even deaged him. But then again so have most of the marvel superheroes.

Darth Vicious
I dont see Falcon's death making that big of an impact. Im going for Tony but the chanes of that are slim too.

SpunkySmurph
What about Hercules? Thor and Ares both have confirmed plans post-CW, but I haven't heard anything about Herc yet.

And he IS a literal 'son' of importance.

Also, Falcon is a good idea

willRules
Judging from the latest Newsarama revealing of Luke Cage as the leader of the upcoming post civil war new avengers it is looking more and more likely that Cap will bite the dust........

Beta Ray Howard
I think Cap will fake his death, and go underground for a bit.

Fallen Son = Cap. He's been called Son of America before.

SnakeEyes
Well, if it is Cap, then his death HAS to be faked, considering he is supposed to be IN the fifth issue of this mini.

I could see that as a possibility though.

Grimm22
Cap won't die

He is going to be in SHEILD custody at the end of CW, look at the NA previews carefully.

You can tell its him in the restraints

SpunkySmurph
Sentry is going to kill Herc.

bigbran
I dont see Falcon's death making that big of an impact. Im going for Tony but the chanes of that are slim too. cough*racist*cough.

stick out tongue

Beta Ray Howard
Cap won't die

He is going to be in SHEILD custody at the end of CW, look at the NA previews carefully.

I've seen them. I doubt they'll be holding him long. I guarantee during an escape is when he fakes the death.

Doctor S.T.D.
My Money is on one of the following to be killed;

Falcon
Luke Cage
Triathlon
Black Panther
Storm
John Stewart
Black Lightning
Samuel Jackson
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington

The groups of heroes will be split into groups, with code names such as operation 'human shield' etc.

By Crom!
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Sentry is going to kill Herc.

I hope so!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.

Falcon
Luke Cage
Triathlon
Black Panther
Storm
John Stewart
Black Lightning
Samuel Jackson
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington

The groups of heroes will be split into groups, with code names such as operation 'human shield' etc.

Hey!

They're all black!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Doctor S.T.D.

Falcon
Luke Cage
Triathlon
Black Panther
Storm
John Stewart
Black Lightning
Samuel Jackson
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington

The groups of heroes will be split into groups, with code names such as operation 'human shield' etc. hmmm.......wth is Triathlon??

and anyways i agree, Sentry may kill Herc

willRules
Cap won't die

If you are referring to the Dr Strange preview, are you sure he is restrained? I hope I am wrong but it looks like he is just sprawled across a table............

NiņoAraņa
has this come out already?

willRules
Nope, and wow it was Cap all along........

......I know you all know this by now but this thread has been here a while and nobody has actually outright posted a message saying it's Cap yes

DigiMark007
Question....

...ANSWERED!

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Question....

...ANSWERED! lol

Morridini
Hehehe, lovely thread to read through while knowing ti was Cap all along. No one would believe it.

capt it up
did it come out already?

Martian_mind
yep...

capt it up
did you get it and have scanns.........I am afraid it may be sold out out my comic book store........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.