Who could Superman lose to in Marvel????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
List any hero's or villans ( below Thanos level) that could defeat Superman in an all out battle...... Only Marvel characters allowed.....

Symmetric Chaos
What Superman? (PreCrisis, All-Star, Current etc)

Faceman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What Superman? (PreCrisis, All-Star, Current etc) Current would be fine, or you can just give an opinion for each...

pr1983
Originally posted by Faceman
List any hero's or villans ( below Thanos level) that could defeat Superman in an all out battle...... Only Marvel characters allowed.....

Marvel? Thor, Surfer, Sentry (if all the trash talk is true), thats just a few...

Those guys are all capable of beating him...

Endless Mike
Black Bolt

MattDay
surfer is a good one, he has too many annoying powers to think of, thor has a chance, he would have to get passed his warrior ego and use that hammer if he doesnt want a beating tho, sentry is iffy, i think he'd get his ass whooped in the end

MattDay
sentry also he lost to ironman, superman would kick that iron clad fool into the sun

NoFate007
I think Sentry could beat him, but it'd be a close fight. Thor...I gotta say, I think Superman wins that fight. Like mentioned above, Thor's got an ego that can get in the way, and I doubt he'd be able to get past Clark's overbearing speed. Silver Surfer could definitely win.

There are a lot of people that could give him a run for his money, but would most likely lose for various reasons. Hulk is one of these. We all know Hulk potentially could beat him if he fought long enough, but he doesn't start out strong enough. If he were smart enough, I think Electro could do some damage, but as we all know, the guy's an idiot lol.

dvampire
Thor, Thanos, Surfer, and Captain Marvel (plenty more), all have a chance of beating Supes. Sometimes though, it's kind of hard for me to even put them on Supes level, when characters like Thor and Sentry are being beaten by people like Ironman and Colossus.

Magee
Originally posted by NoFate007
There are a lot of people that could give him a run for his money, but would most likely lose for various reasons. Hulk is one of these. We all know Hulk potentially could beat him if he fought long enough, but he doesn't start out strong enough. If he were smart enough, I think Electro could do some damage, but as we all know, the guy's an idiot lol. It would take Hulk a long time to reach Supermans strength, and who in recent years has beaten Supes with brute strength alone? Electro, lol? confused

MattDay
umm no one has lol is that the point ur trying to make? i meen strength alone

Magee
Thats exactly my point, you need more than strength to beat Superman.

Accel
Originally posted by Magee
It would take Hulk a long time to reach Supermans strength
Not really. He's always become as strong as he needed to b and reached Superman's levels in a short time many, many times.

It would take a few minutes, tops.

MattDay
wouldnt save big green giant from an ass whoopin

Blind
Squirrel Girl.

sapphiremouse
Dr. Strange, nuff said *POOF*

MattDay
squirrel girl can beat anyone... not fair

Darkchoco
Originally posted by dvampire
Thor, Thanos, Surfer, and Captain Marvel (plenty more), all have a chance of beating Supes. Sometimes though, it's kind of hard for me to even put them on Supes level, when characters like Thor and Sentry are being beaten by people like Ironman and Colossus.

Captain Marvel is DC and he cant beat Supes

Darkchoco
nvm there are 2 Captain Marvels, That is gay. Both of them cannot beat Superman

xmeat
captain marvel
thor
hulk
silver surfer
wonder woman

dvampire
Originally posted by xmeat
captain marvel
thor
hulk
silver surfer
wonder woman

Wonder Woman is from DC.

D-Block
Originally posted by Darkchoco
Captain Marvel is DC and he cant beat Supes

Thor
Silver Surfer
Sentry if the Hype is real

PS I know Captain Marvel is DC but he Can beat Supes.

Darkchoco
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor
Silver Surfer
Sentry if the Hype is real

PS I know Captain Marvel is DC but he Can beat Supes.

There are 2 Captain Marvels, one in DC and one in Marvel

tnizzle
I've heard a few things about Sentry, like he's supposed to be the equivalent to superman in the Marvel Universe. But I'm not really all that impressed with him. Surfer's the main one I see kickin Supe's ass.
And I know he isn't in the Marvel Universe, but as far as strength? Uh, Doomsday! He wasn't the only one who died that day as well..

D-Block
Originally posted by Darkchoco
There are 2 Captain Marvels, one in DC and one in Marvel

I know there are 2 Captain Marvels one for each company.

Redatom65
Galactus no expression

and Captain Marvel could beat Superman, but it never will happen laughing

Mindship
Maybe we should consider, who can beat pre-crisis Supes. Offhand, unless Thor or the Surfer used specific energy tactics immediately, I believe pre-c Superman would win against either.

SupezM'
There are several characters with the "potential" to beat Superman but Superman has the "potential" to win the battle also. When your talking about the chips being down fight or die, good luck taking Superman out for the count.

MattDay
very true, when you say who can beat superman... basically you got to think, who can actually last in a fight with him and then actually have the "chance" to win... although this works both ways and superman could beat them too

maifoshis
have you heard of gladiator, hes in the x men comics hes a gard of lilandra, i think he can kick supes ass, hes got the same powers ashim more or less.

Newjak
Who could beat Superman well

Thor could has the power and the energy to do so.

Silver Surfer I think a blood lusted Silver Surfer actually Curbstomps Supes

Gladiator

Most heralds of Galactus.

Quasar could

Captain Marvel

Nova Richard Rider with the Full Nova Force has a shot

Ronan Could altho speed would be hard to overcome

Beta Ray Bill

Doctor Strange

Loki

I don't include Sentry not enough feats.
Besides for everyone saying that that anyone you looses to Ironman remember Superman has been KOed by an exploding Gas Station before it's called low showings and these guys ahve enough high showings to counter Supermans

dvampire
Originally posted by Newjak
Who could beat Superman well

Thor could has the power and the energy to do so.

Silver Surfer I think a blood lusted Silver Surfer actually Curbstomps Supes

Gladiator

Most heralds of Galactus.

Quasar could

Captain Marvel

Nova Richard Rider with the Full Nova Force has a shot

Ronan Could altho speed would be hard to overcome

Beta Ray Bill

Doctor Strange

Loki

I don't include Sentry not enough feats.
Besides for everyone saying that that anyone you looses to Ironman remember Superman has been KOed by an exploding Gas Station before it's called low showings and these guys ahve enough high showings to counter Supermans

Superman was never KOed by an exploding gas station. confused

Newjak
Superman was never KOed by an exploding gas station. confused Hurt thrown back just gerenerally not happy however you want to put it he got effected by an exploding gas station

dvampire
Originally posted by Newjak
Hurt thrown back just gerenerally not happy however you want to put it he got effected by an exploding gas station

You mean after fighting DD for hours, he was completely low on reserves. But he still wasn't KOed, he got back up to continue his fight with DDs (This all happened about 13 or 14 years ago btw).

Newjak
You mean after fighting DD for hours, he was completely low on reserves. But he still wasn't KOed, he got back up to continue his fight with DDs (This all happened about 13 or 14 years ago btw). Yep but ti still happened and even with being weak an exploding gas station shouldn't effect a planet mover. stick out tongue

Plus I don't think you quite got the point behind it as a low showing.

Endless Mike
That was the Byrne era when he was much weaker anyway

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Redatom65
and Captain Marvel could beat Superman, but it never will happen laughing

Why the hell hasn't it happen anyway? huh

Blaxican
Wolverine.

MattDay
byrne was brought in to make superman weaker... so much weaker he actually died as well (doomsday)

The superman that's around nowadays is bridging the gap between pre crisis superman without the guff and the one that died. he'll basically be pre crisis superman eventually but wont have the "extra" abilities he gains from out his arse

Batman-Prime
Almost everyone could beat Superman, depends on the version of Superman and the right circumstances, cirumcstances like poor dumba$$ writers (Post DKR Miller for example). But in "truth" no one could ever beat him.

Batman-Prime
Honestly I can't imagine anyone, even LT or the DC/Marvel God himself, who would try to fight the Superheroe all other Heroes want to be. Not because he is allpowerful but because he is more human, then a real humans can ever hope to be. A man true to his word, a man loyal to his believes, a man without doubt, a man of justice.
The beginning of the Superhero era which spawned them all. Fighting him means fighting everything, all those Comics, all those Superheroes and all that humanity stands for. It's just plain wrong.....
Bow before him,
Amen.

MattDay
that suit is looking more and more like the superman returns suits... not completely a bad thing... the "s" symbol is still big wink

Endless Mike
LT beats Superman Prime. Get over it.

MattDay
superman prime beats LT. Get over it.

hunbu04
What people don't understand is that the sentry is never going to be able to beat superman and the reason is not that he is not powerful enough but more like that the more powerful he is the more he is at a disadvantage he has against superman.superman is like a power battary waiting to get charge and the power of a million explording suns is just going to make him more powerful. every time the sentry attack clark becomes more powerful. he is going to drain the sentry dry.

manorastroman
er...considering sentry has conscious control over photonic energy, i think the reverse is more likely to happen. on panel, sentry can draw energy from "anywhere and everywhere".

and iron man didn't even beat sentry, he PIS'd his brain. how do you think superman would react if a supercomputer flooded his brain with every single bad thing that was happening on earth?

regardless, people who can take at least 1/5 from superman:

sentry
thor
blackbolt
doctor strange
beta ray bill

Galvaclaw
It's happened before. Superman was incapacitated for a few moments before overcoming his attacker.

While Iron man didn't beat Sentry physically he did hurt him. A punch from Iron man gave Sentry a nosebleed, imagine what a punch from Superman would do.

MattDay
no head, blood spraying everywhere

UniOmni
I wouldn't give Ronan the odds for a majority.

And to clear it up, all Ironman did to put down Sentry, was disrupt his feed to Cloc, the thing that gives Sentry his cues.

He didn't outpower, so that was more of a tech feat.

Power for power, i'd put Sentry above Superman by a bit.

Francisco
This guys can beat current Supes or stalemate him.
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hulk if Supes fights stupidly stick out tongue
Capt. Marvel
Sentry
Iron Man (he has a shot with the resent upgrades)
Thanos if he was alive.

There are others I don't remember now.

King Kandy
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel (Genis)
Most Heralds.

Magee
Originally posted by UniOmni
I wouldn't give Ronan the odds for a majority.

And to clear it up, all Ironman did to put down Sentry, was disrupt his feed to Cloc, the thing that gives Sentry his cues.

He didn't outpower, so that was more of a tech feat.

Power for power, i'd put Sentry above Superman by a bit. And what makes you think some thing stupid like that? Sentry doesn't have any feats which suggest he could beat Superman. Stop hating. Fact is its no easy task putting Superman down and a lot of the earth heroes would be in for a surprise.

UniOmni
Listen doogy, i have no love for Sentry.
None whatsoever.

I prefer Superman to him by leaps and bounds.

It doesn't make me like Superman any less to say another hero has been presented that's above the level Superman plays on.

I don't think Sentry has done anything that Superman couldn't do, except for fighting Genis as Sentry did.

But, Superman has never been presented as being dominant enough to do what he's done, with the ease that Sentry does.

Superman is foremost among equals, by DCs pen.
Sentry is a hero without equals, by Marvels pen.

Sentry is Superman with a Marvel twist and more powers. But he's more powerful than Superman.

MattDay
until they do a crossover and superman pounds his head through the planet, then u can second guess urself

SupaEZE
Wonder Woman is from DC.
Wonaderwoman my ass thats an insult!!!, nobody in Marvel can see superman, he is an unstopable force unless anyone on this list carried Kryptonite, wich would be a real cheap move......Everyone on this list are punks What the f**k?

Batman-Prime
Superman wins against every Marvel char till Galactus Level (and maybe even beyond), their magic is weaker, prooved in the JLA/Avengers crossover, they have no Kryptonite, so they have nothing at all to stop the man of steel.

xmeat
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman wins against every Marvel char till Galactus Level (and maybe even beyond), their magic is weaker, prooved in the JLA/Avengers crossover, they have no Kryptonite, so they have nothing at all to stop the man of steel. marvel magic is far beyond dc doctor strange, loki, shuma gorath

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SupaEZE
Wonaderwoman my ass thats an insult!!!, nobody in Marvel can see superman, he is an unstopable force unless anyone on this list carried Kryptonite, wich would be a real cheap move......Everyone on this list are punks What the f**k?

Well lets see.

Powerful magic users would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
High level users of the power cosmic would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
Reality warpers would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
Skyfathers would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite

your not very bright are you?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well lets see.

Powerful magic users would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
High level users of the power cosmic would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
Reality warpers would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite
Skyfathers would tear Supes apart with out kryptonite

your not very bright are you?

It's your opinion, others have a different one, no need to insult the people who disagree with you, don't you think?

Powerful Magic in Marvel is a way below the Magic Superman has to overcome in DC, still he succeedes.
High level Power Cosmic doesn't affect the Sentry, look at Terrax, so the "real" Superman takes this even easier.
Reality warpers can't mess with a being not from their reality, however, they can fight with their powers, still Superman FTW easy.
Skyfathers are above herald level but wait so is Superman, he takes on chars from the DC U who are equal or beyond the Marvel Skyfathers, so Superman wins this again...

Magee
Listen doogy, i have no love for Sentry.
None whatsoever.

I prefer Superman to him by leaps and bounds.

It doesn't make me like Superman any less to say another hero has been presented that's above the level Superman plays on.

I don't think Sentry has done anything that Superman couldn't do, except for fighting Genis as Sentry did.

But, Superman has never been presented as being dominant enough to do what he's done, with the ease that Sentry does.

Superman is foremost among equals, by DCs pen.
Sentry is a hero without equals, by Marvels pen.

Sentry is Superman with a Marvel twist and more powers. But he's more powerful than Superman. Sentry above the level Superman plays on, what the hell? Superman would do the exact same thing sentry done to Terrax. It does not matter where each company places them in their heirarchy or whatever. The fact still stands Superman feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sentry. Until we see more from Sentry I dont think it's fair to say he is above Superman, if you say so it is purely opinion.

Soleran
Shaman Nate Greysmile

LORDSIDIOUS01
Their are a ton of characters Supes loses to. I am not going to name them all.

MattDay
even more he can beat

Galvaclaw
Thing is Marvel at the moment isn't full of active top tier Super heroes. Thor's dead(ish) Hulk's in space. None of the heralds hang out on Earth neither does Gladiator, Doctor Strange is usually occupied during any company events. So we're left with Hercules and Blackbolt and he's barely a superhero at that.

I agree with all of them except the heralds. With Superman's weaknesses downgraded to mere anoyances, they're left with solar energy manipulation. One problem though the sun's still there. Superman can recharge his reserves in a fraction of second.

They can still win because they're all powerful. But it won't be a curbstomp in their favour.

PiruBlood
wolverine can take superman. think of it wolverine heals and superman is vunerable to kryptonite.

Galvaclaw
Right...

Because wolverine carries a suppy of krytonite with him at all times. Also its not like Superman has enemies made out of krytonite that he still defeats.

Superman may have a weakness to krpytonite but Wolverine has a weakness to being frozen solid, having every cell of body desintegrated or being thrown into the sun.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Magee
Sentry above the level Superman plays on, what the hell? Superman would do the exact same thing sentry done to Terrax. It does not matter where each company places them in their heirarchy or whatever. The fact still stands Superman feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sentry. Until we see more from Sentry I dont think it's fair to say he is above Superman, if you say so it is purely opinion.

You don't get it.

Superman doesn't own top tiers with the casual ease that Sentry has done from day one.

I never said that Superman wouldn't beat Terrax.

What i did say, was that he's never been shown to dominate top tiers like Sentry.
He broke his hand without an effort, and then smashed his cosmic axe.

Superman doesn't throw out power thats capable of destroying multiple worlds in a fight, does he?

He wouldn't be able to defeat multiple teams at the same time, would he?

Batman-Prime
You don't get it.

Superman doesn't own top tiers with the casual ease that Sentry has done from day one.

What i did say, was that he's never been shown to dominate top tiers like Sentry.

Superman doesn't throw out power thats capable of destroying multiple worlds in a fight, does he?

Sentry is an more "realistic" Superman-rippoff then both Gladiator and Hyperion, but still an ripoff. They took the OWAW Superman as their model it seems.

Superman defeated mutiple Imperiex-Probe-Teams (a Probe is the equivalent of an Herald) with ease. Though an Imperiex Probe is probably more powerful then a Herald as it was never defeated before. So, he beat the first Probe ever learned how to do it, was pissed off enough of Imperiex to realse an portion of his "wrath" and defeated whole teams of this Probes.

He would do the same to the whole Herald Team wink.

Batman-Prime
Imperiex himself said it, Superman is an cosmic anomaly, defying the natural order. Alexander Luthor said "For some Reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will, everything comes from Superman." This is DC approach to a true Superman, and this is the reason he gets so much spite and hate from Marvel and others. Every Superheroe out there, may he be from Mangas or Comics or Vieo Games is measured by the first real Superheroe, Superman. This is the reason you will find Superman in most vs Threads when it comes down to power, everyone wants to proove himself, or his heroe, and how to do it best then to compete with the BEST. Most won't accept the fact that he will always be the first and best and the only answer they have is hate and spite, which is really sad.
Sentry is an more honest approach to Marvels own version of Superman, stalemating Galactus, kicking herlad butts with ease, but it is still pale to the real one. If Superman would belong to Marvel he would rule the Universe.
Sword of Superman and Superman-Prime seem to be DCs answer to all the hate and spite of all the other Superheroes/Heroes/antiheroes who tried to compete with Superman and lost. The Ultimate being, the most powerful there is, but still the classic Superman will always be the best of them all, not only because of his powers but because of his morale and his values, he is an icon, the only Superheroe who achieved this status.

Galvaclaw
Batman Prime may have been going a bit far but he is right. Imperiex probes are definitley top tier They were fighting whole teams of heroes at once.Also Mongul. Superman owns him every few months with ease.

Who else? Superman had easily defeat Major Force before.

Lets see how the Blackbolt fight goes before we claim sentry is above top tier. Or what happens during the eventual Thor match up.

UniOmni
Sentry is an more "realistic" Superman-rippoff then both Gladiator and Hyperion, but still an ripoff. They took the OWAW Superman as their model it seems.

Superman defeated mutiple Imperiex-Probe-Teams (a Probe is the equivalent of an Herald) with ease. Though an Imperiex Probe is probably more powerful then a Herald as it was never defeated before. So, he beat the first Probe ever learned how to do it, was pissed off enough of Imperiex to realse an portion of his "wrath" and defeated whole teams of this Probes.

He would do the same to the whole Herald Team wink.

The only thing probes had on most heralds, was strength.

And that was from the showing where one tossed Mongul hella far.

Energy projection? HA! Took seven probes to destroy one planet, iirc. GTFOH!

Durability? Blunt trauma, possibly, but not likely at all. Superman and DD wouldn't be able to one punch heralds in mass, like they did probes.

I'm going to treat the probes the way you treat the Sentry-Superman relationship.

Probes are a clear deritave of the heralds, but they don't stack up. Same way you see Superman and Sentry?

But to use your logic(which lacks, truthfully ), the Sentry is more powerful than Superman, since he's never been defeated straight up yet.

The worse he's looked, is against an above the top tier cosmic in Genis.

Owned!

Galvaclaw
The probes were also extremly fast. Hypolita commented that they were as fast as Wonder Woman and Hermes. They could also fight on equal terms with top teirs. A few them also defeated most of the Justice league at the time.

When Sentry fought Magento he seemed to be having trouble and Magneto could barly put togther a coherant thought at the time. Iron man made him bleed.

Batman-Prime
The only thing probes had on most heralds, was strength.

And that was from the showing where one tossed Mongul hella far.

Energy projection? HA! Took seven probes to destroy one planet, iirc. GTFOH!

Durability? Blunt trauma, possibly, but not likely at all. Superman and DD wouldn't be able to one punch heralds in mass, like they did probes.

I'm going to treat the probes the way you treat the Sentry-Superman relationship.

Probes are a clear deritave of the heralds, but they don't stack up. Same way you see Superman and Sentry?

But to use your logic(which lacks, truthfully ), the Sentry is more powerful than Superman, since he's never been defeated straight up yet.

The worse he's looked, is against an above the top tier cosmic in Genis.

Owned!

You owned just your opinion, nothing more nothing less wink.

BTW the Probes were never defeated before, that means since the Big Bang of the Universe (the birth of Imperiex), which is a waaaay longer then Sentry exists. So owned wink.

But since Marvelheroes are generaly less powerful then DC heroes he can't have low showings yet, I mean Sentry, he is too young, wait some years, let some writers come and go. And one day he will be beaten by the Rhino big grin. You know what I mean.

Gladiator-Hyperion-Sentry are all spite and hate, a mock of Superman
Like the mock of the Avengers in the Superman/Batman comics
or the Squadron Supreme
or Imperiex and his Heralds, I mean probes
all hate and spite, just to show wat each company thinks of the other....

They can say that Imperiex is an devourer of Galaxies and Universes, and Galactus just an Devourer of Worlds. Still Galactus > Imperiex, Herald > Probe, Avengers > Maximus, JLA > Squadron Supreme, original > ripoff, kindness and fairness > hate and spite...

I guess you know what I mean, maybe you can even agree with me...

BTW am I the only one who thinks that Sentry looks like the Supermanclone from Superman IV, Nuclear Man was his name....

UniOmni
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
The probes were also extremly fast. Hypolita commented that they were as fast as Wonder Woman and Hermes. They could also fight on equal terms with top teirs. A few them also defeated most of the Justice league at the time.

When Sentry fought Magento he seemed to be having trouble and Magneto could barly put togther a coherant thought at the time. Iron man made him bleed.

Heralds generally are top tiers.

And everybody who wasn't Superman, Doomsday and Zod jobbed needlessly in OWAW.

Superman alone, can do what the big seven can't? Bullshit.

And Sentry fought a Magneto who was way over his standard power levels. He wasn't simply the master of magnetism there.

Ironman made him bleed, only after missing with Cloc, the ai of Sentry, pretty much. Tech feat.

He didn't defeat him in a power vs power match. Brains vs Brawn was the flavor that day.

And to Prime....

Sentry hasn't been flat out defeated yet by another hero or badguy. But the probes were beaten by an offworld alien.
A powerful alien, but a little guy in the scheme of things.

Sentry stalemating Genis, doing well against an amped Magneto >> Superman dropping some mental blocks and going through probes like they were Deathstroke level in power.

They couldn't even destroy a planet on their own. Don't bring me more powerful than heralds stuff.

And Marvel has heroes that trump some of DC's biggest guns.
Just because they all don't stay on Earth, doesn't mean they don't exist.

MattDay
you do know that the characters are all equals to eachother... a reason why they are thought up is because another exists in the other companies team... superman has been imitated many times, so marvel could have their own because the real one is most likely never to switch... DC just wouldn't allow it.

so their latest attempt is nuclear man from super.... i mean sentry, who is so up and down in power

MattDay
I'm bored already... lol

dvampire
It's going a bit far saying that Sentry is more powerful than Superman, especailly when he hasn't shown anything close to be up to par with him. Sentry bleeds from ironman, someone that wouldn't even budge Supes if he was to hit him. You characters like Gladiator having a difficult time putting down characters like Colossus and Thing, these two wouldn't even cause Supes trouble. Then you have Heralds like Surfer getting KOed by just a few hits by Thanos and Thor; Supes can take beatings on purpose by characters that are way into the billions of ton range, and still get up.

And Yeah Sentry fought Genis and Terrax, so what, big deal Have people fougtten about the beings Supes go up against like Darkseid, Eradicator, and Lobo (Characters I think would own Terrax just easily as Sentry).

Sentry is powerful, but still think it's way to soon to be saying he's more powerful than Supes when he hasn't done anything yet that Supes wouldn't be able to do.

pr1983
Sentry is powerful, but still think it's way to soon to be saying he's more powerful than Supes when he hasn't done anything yet that Supes wouldn't be able to do.

this part, i agree with 100%

sentry has to have some serious feats under his belt before anyone can say he's above superman imo...

MattDay
blasting into hell and taking on numerous angels of death and the likes, and beating them all, or turning the wheels of magheddon just to name a few... sentry needs to get going if he wants to be seen in similar light to superman... see what i did their with the light bit, his powers are light based, superman is in need of a light source like the sun (also heat but he uses the light)

D-Block
You owned just your opinion, nothing more nothing less wink.

BTW the Probes were never defeated before, that means since the Big Bang of the Universe (the birth of Imperiex), which is a waaaay longer then Sentry exists. So owned wink.

But since Marvelheroes are generaly less powerful then DC heroes he can't have low showings yet, I mean Sentry, he is too young, wait some years, let some writers come and go. And one day he will be beaten by the Rhino big grin. You know what I mean.

Gladiator-Hyperion-Sentry are all spite and hate, a mock of Superman
Like the mock of the Avengers in the Superman/Batman comics
or the Squadron Supreme
or Imperiex and his Heralds, I mean probes
all hate and spite, just to show wat each company thinks of the other....

They can say that Imperiex is an devourer of Galaxies and Universes, and Galactus just an Devourer of Worlds. Still Galactus > Imperiex, Herald > Probe, Avengers > Maximus, JLA > Squadron Supreme, original > ripoff, kindness and fairness > hate and spite...

I guess you know what I mean, maybe you can even agree with me...

BTW am I the only one who thinks that Sentry looks like the Supermanclone from Superman IV, Nuclear Man was his name....

Sentry does kinda look like Nuclear Man from Superman IV laughing

Avalonofthewind
And Sentry fought a Magneto who was way over his standard power levels. He wasn't simply the master of magnetism there.

Bull. Show where it says in that comic that Magneto was above regular levels.

He had Xorn's power.

Sentry has nothing to put him in Supermans league yet.

The fight with Genis was ok...there was nothing to show Genis was ultra powerful in that battle either.

ragesRemorse
legion could probably beat him.

ragesRemorse
also jubilee

pr1983
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
legion could probably beat him.

also jubilee

no expression

steverules
Silver surfer, dark phoenix, Galactus...they could beat superman...and so could wolverine and Aunt Mayshifty

ragesRemorse
yeah, aunt may can throw down like no other

office jesus
Originally posted by maifoshis
have you heard of gladiator, hes in the x men comics hes a gard of lilandra, i think he can kick supes ass, hes got the same powers ashim more or less.

Yeah. Gladiator could probably last a couple of rounds with him...before being beaten to a pulp.

My money'd be on Surfer. Even then, I'm still not too sure.

ragesRemorse
upon further review, i have found their is noone that couldnt beat superman from the Marvel universe. Upon crossing over from DC to marvel, superman realizes how childish of a script he is actually given when ross and lee isnt involved some how. This then sends Superman spiraling down into depression until he decides to find a gun and load it with a kryptonite bullet and end his life due to the potential that was never realized of his character.

Speaking of that, why havent more people thought of just coating bullets in krpytonite?

Juntai

Speaking of that, why havent more people thought of just coating bullets in krpytonite? Been tried.

Endless Mike
Jonah Hex did it. Well actually he made bullets out of pure Kryptonite.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Im assuming that diddnt work...why not?

Endless Mike
It did work

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man at the box office. shifty

fanboy 1988
What if Wolverine dipped his claws in Kryptonite??

Endless Mike
Originally posted by fanboy 1988
What if Wolverine dipped his claws in Kryptonite??

How do you dip something in a solid mineral?

fanboy 1988
If you could somehow melt it. I'm not saying it's possible though.

ADarksideJedi
Batman maybe!jm

ragesRemorse
It did work

but he's still alive and as far as i know, he only died once, so obviously diddnt work. Why doesnt this come up more in the comics, like kryptonite bombs and lasers or such nonsense that you assume any intelligent superman villian would think of

Endless Mike
It injured him but didn't kill him

ADarksideJedi
It should be lost aready.Superman is no hero.jm

jasofisc

your talking about the superman/batman arc absolute power right?

yeah it was an altered reality and yeah jonah executed him during their fight it was pretty cool.

seriously though supes with out his usual PIS aura would be at 5 out of 5 against silver surfer, sentry (unless that million sun thing is true then it's 10 out of 10 for sentry), gladiator (can do anything post crisis supes can do and even more like destroying a planet in three punches although I consider that PIS), x-man, and any other top tier hero. any sky father would wipe the floor with him.

dirvin28
well the silver surfer,thor,doctor strange

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Spider-Man at the box office. shifty

laughing

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It should be lost aready.Superman is no hero.jm

no expression what?

fanboy 1988
Wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding,

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by fanboy 1988
Wolverine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding,

well if it were wolverine from the movie X-3 i think you may have somehting there. Anyone that can regenerate desintergrating flesh faster than it is being burned away probably cant die....BULLSHIT! mad

Magee
Wolverine is God.

panthergod
You don't get it.

uh..He one shotted Wonder Woman, Tore through multiple Imperiex Probes with ease, one shotted Despero, shattered Diana's bracelets, stalemated the Earth-2 Superman while warping space-time with his punches, etc, etc.

Sentry IS above Superman most of the time, but the fact is that when Superman stops subconsiously dialing his power levels down and access his 'true' power, he is easily in Sentry's class.

Emperor Ashtar
Quasar.

Bicnarok
None! its not his powers which make supes the best, its his heart and intelligence.

Yoshi Fanatic
Venom would stand a chance against Superman. Heck, he could beat Superman...

Galvaclaw
Except the whole Superman being trillions of times stronger, faster, more durable thing.

Violent2Dope
Blackheart and I don't need to give a reason.

Ultimate Hulk43
Galactus & maybe the Sentry.

How Come
I guess hulk is the best for this mission..... am I right ?? o.O

Ultimate Hulk43
World War Hulk...maybe...

Locard
The Silver Surfer would whoop his *ss by draining him of solar energy or putting him under red sun radiation.

DestinyGuy678
could hulk do it? right now he's beating every marvel hero out there (save th sentry who isn't helping yet)

Juntai
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
could hulk do it? right now he's beating every marvel hero out there (save th sentry who isn't helping yet) no

CrazyJ20
this is something we can never fnd out casue when they do cross overs it just becomes a popularity contest

Ultimate Hulk43
But popularity aside, Galactus & the Silver Surfer would both own Superman big time. And this is coming from a huge Superman fan.

Zebedee
Superman would never lose to a Marvel character. Ever!

Sarutobi700
jean grey, Iceman, Gambit, Havok, Cyclops, X-Men Phycics, Cable,Nate Grey, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Spiderman, ironman, Thor, Sentry, Shiar Imperial guard, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Quasar, Captain Marvel, Magneto, All Heralds, All Cosmics.,......the list could go on. In the Marvel universe Supes is no stronger than Ms Marvel

pr1983
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
jean grey, Iceman, Gambit, Havok, Cyclops, X-Men Phycics, Cable,Nate Grey, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Spiderman, ironman, Thor, Sentry, Shiar Imperial guard, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Quasar, Captain Marvel, Magneto, All Heralds, All Cosmics.,......the list could go on. In the Marvel universe Supes is no stronger than Ms Marvel

you can't possibly read superman comics if you believe that...

moonknight11
Sentry, Silver Surfer(easy), Gladiator, Thor, Dr.strange, Magneto the list goes on.

Soljer
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
jean grey, Gambit, Havok, Cyclops, X-Men Phycics, Cable,Nate Grey, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Spiderman, ironman, Shiar Imperial guard, Super Skrull, Magneto, In the Marvel universe Supes is no stronger than Ms Marvel

laughing laughing laughing

moonknight11
Beta Ray Bill

Endless Mike
Well he would lose to Havok considering that whole "Nexus of realities" thing he's got going on. Also if Jean goes Phoenix, and I could see Nate Gray beating him. I doubt he could take on the entire Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

Violent2Dope
He would lose to Phoenix Force, Galactus, Blackheart, and maybe Juggernaut before depowered(how strong was he exactly, he's been officially stated to be even stronger than Hulk at max strength by Hulk's creators, but that's all I know).

Endless Mike
Juggernaut got his full power back

Violent2Dope
Oh he did? Cool. Does anyone know the upper level of his strength tho?

Soljer
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Oh he did? Cool. Does anyone know the upper level of his strength tho?

His strength is tied to his will - that's all we know. There's no upper limit, the more he wants something, the stronger he is. Just like the Hulk with anger and Gladiator with confidence.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Soljer
His strength is tied to his will - that's all we know. There's no upper limit, the more he wants something, the stronger he is. Just like the Hulk with anger and Gladiator with confidence. So if he had the will, he could shatter a planet made entirly of adamantium? That sounds a bit far fetched.

Soljer
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
So if he had the will, he could shatter a planet made entirly of adamantium? That sounds a bit far fetched.

If the Hulk was angry enough, could he?

Still sounds a little far fetched, no?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Soljer
If the Hulk was angry enough, could he?

Still sounds a little far fetched, no? Yep.

pr1983
Well he would lose to Havok considering that whole "Nexus of realities" thing he's got going on. Also if Jean goes Phoenix, and I could see Nate Gray beating him. I doubt he could take on the entire Shi'ar Imperial Guard.

that whole nexus of realities still doesnt seem to have shown itself to make him any more powerful than he already was... unless i missed an issue...

Violent2Dope
Mephisto could beat, so could Odin.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by pr1983
that whole nexus of realities still doesnt seem to have shown itself to make him any more powerful than he already was... unless i missed an issue...

Well didn't he use it to fire a universe - destroying blast or something?

pr1983
Well didn't he use it to fire a universe - destroying blast or something?

did he?

was it recent? because he had a hard time fighting vulcan and the shiar in the recent uncanny arc...

Endless Mike
I think I remember reading it in Mr. Master's Marvel Cosmic thread

Mirai Gohan
I still think that only Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Thor, & the Sentry could beat Superman.

Soljer
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
I still think that only Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Thor, & the Sentry could beat Superman.

Then you're missing a couple hundred characters...

Mirai Gohan
No, I'm not.

Kento
There are more than those few in Marvel that can take Superman. Though I don't think Thor or Sentry can win against Superman. There is still Thanos, Franklin Richards, Odin, and the Celestials also. Hulk could if Superman decided to fight like he did against Doomsday and have a punching contest. There are more but I don't know there names really.

Rorschach
No, I'm not.

There are beings much stronger than Galactus, Silver Surfer ,Thor, and Sentry in the Marvel Universe.

Soljer
You're missing an entire race - the celestials. You're missing every skyfather. You're missing the infinity beings, the cosmic cubes, you're missing Molecule Man, Doctor Strange, and the Runner. You're missing the Asgardian Destroyer, Deathurge, Tyrant and Mangog. You're missing Eternity, and the Living Tribunal. You're missing Mad Jim Jaspers, and Abraxas. You're missing Zom, Oblivion, Insane Genis-Vell, Entropy, Phoenix of the White Crown, Tenebrous and Aegis.

And those are just some of the ones that would STOMP him. Then there are guys like Adam Warlock, Quasar, and Stardust that may or may not be able to beat him for a majority.

Mirai Gohan
Doctor Strange? confused

Mirai Gohan
Originally posted by Kento
There are more than those few in Marvel that can take Superman. Though I don't think Thor or Sentry can win against Superman. There is still Thanos, Franklin Richards, Odin, and the Celestials also. Hulk could if Superman decided to fight like he did against Doomsday and have a punching contest. There are more but I don't know there names really.

Sentry is pretty damn strong, I'm sure he could at least match Superman's strength in an all out fight for a while. And Marvel Zeus could probably defeat Superman as well. Odin is a good candidate. Btw, can Zeus & Odin expand their sizes?

Soljer
Doctor Strange? confused

Uhhh...yeah?

He'd shit stomp Superman.

Mirai Gohan
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Violent2Dope
Supes falls to Blackheart, Mephisto, and Odin.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>