My Chemistry Project Superheroe Origin! The Origin of Dark Star!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
ovember 9, 2025 five astronauts: John McKinley,Sarah Holloway,Ronald Chaney,Elizabeth Stanford, and Tyres White, were set
on a mission objective by ISAC (International Space and Alien Cooperation) to retrieve analysis and useful data from a newly discovered planet called Javion. This planet was recorded to have a surface area of about 205 Earths,and about 2 times the size of Jupiter (12.28 x 10 to the tenth power K(kilometers) squared in SI Base Units). However despite it's massive size, it also had an usual amount of "electro-cosmic" storms. Researchers declared that this was due to the amount of emitted cosmic energy in it's atmosphere. There are also records of a new type of metalloid which is located about 62.3 miles from it's core.IT he metal was also said to have a concentration of Titanium and another unknown substance.

Five years have passed since there astronauts first left Earth,and while arriving in it's thick atmosphere the astronauts began to prepare their utensils and equipment. The landing was pretty rough but everyone made it in on piece. After their long journey the astronauts finally began to venture onto the giants surface and collect samples.However just about 120 miles northeast of their location a storm was approaching and fast.Three hours had passed since the astronauts first landed and when the storm began to thrive .Surprised of the unexpected the astronauts began to flee towards the ship, for their equipment did detect the storm in time.The energy emitted from the storm instantly killed the astronauts and destroyed their ship and equipment. However Elizabeth was the only one to survive. Her body had some how adapted and absorbed the storms energy while giving her strange supernatural abilities. For many years Elizabeth had spent time rebuilding the ship while at the same time gaining even more powers from the planet. Unfortunately after many attempts she was still unsuccessful.However one of her abilities allows her to travel at high speeds ,therefore allowing her to travel to Earth rather quickly. When she finally arrived on Earth she changed her identity,for her and the other astronauts were declared dead. From that day Elizabeth then became Dark Star.

H. S. 6
C'mon, dude. If you want people to start to take you seriously, you need to stop naming things in your stories with such utterly generic names.

"Dark X" and "Titan X"? It sounds like a joke. erm

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by H. S. 6
C'mon, dude. If you want people to start to take you seriously, you need to stop naming things in your stories with such utterly generic names.

"Dark X" and "Titan X"? It sounds like a joke. erm

It's for a school chemistry porject. Not a professional character origin.

Anyways, I think it's pretty good. Most important thing is you can meet all the different learning subjects you need to hit, really.

The Prophecy
Comic Book School Project Help!

I'm doing a comic book project in Chemistry where I have to make a comic book on the following topics:

1.Measurements and Uncertainty
-SI Base Units
-Units in Chemistry
-Accuracy and Precision
- Significant Digits
- Scientific Notation

2.Energy and Matter
-Temperature(Kelvin, Celsius,and Fahrenheit)
-Absolute Value
-States of Matter
-Chemical and Physical
Properties
- Law of conservation of matter
-Difference between elements and compounds

3.Atomic Structure
-Atomic Structure
-Ions
-Atomic Mass
-3 subatomic particles
-isotopes
- Changes in the nucleus and nuclear
Reactions
a.Nuclear Stability
b.Radioactive Decay
-Alpha
-Beta
-Gamma

4.Electron Configurations
-Electron Cloud and density
-Orbitals and Energy
-Electron Spin
- Electron Configuration
a.Aufbau
b.Pauli
c.Hund

5.Periodic Table
-Electron configurations
a. s,p,d,f blocks
-Periodic trends
a. Atomic Radius
b. Ionic Size
c. Ionization Energy
d. Electron Affinity
e. Electronegativity

6.Chemical Formulas and Bonding
- Ionic Bonding
a. Ionic Bonds
b. Ionic compounds
c. The Octet Rule
d. Lewis Dot Diagrams
e. Types of ions
f. Binary ionic compounds
- Covalent Bonding
a. Molecules and their formulas
b. Unshared pairs
c. Multiple bonds
d. Exception to the octet rule
e. Properties of covalent bonds
- Naming Chemical Compounds
a. Ionic compounds
b.Molecular Compounds

7.Molecular Shape
- The Shape of the molecules
a. Molecular geometry
b.Bond Length
- Polarity

All I really want is advice and ideas.(you know a hero and a few villans,etc.) However as of right now I thought that I could do an individual comic for every section.

The Prophecy
Her origin was for part of the first section

The Prophecy

King Kandy
Where on Earth are you
? I've been waiting for you to post on the Qezel forum for weeks!

The Prophecy
Originally posted by King Kandy
Where on Earth are you
? I've been waiting for you to post on the Qezel forum for weeks!
Sorry I've been really busy lately but I'll get too it.

ValdeCalebros
Dark X is a lame name

spice it up a bit

add more Prime

Dark X Prime

By Crom!
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Comic Book School Project Help!

I'm doing a comic book project in Chemistry where I have to make a comic book on the following topics:

1.Measurements and Uncertainty
-SI Base Units
-Units in Chemistry
-Accuracy and Precision
- Significant Digits
- Scientific Notation

2.Energy and Matter
-Temperature(Kelvin, Celsius,and Fahrenheit)
-Absolute Value
-States of Matter
-Chemical and Physical
Properties
- Law of conservation of matter
-Difference between elements and compounds

3.Atomic Structure
-Atomic Structure
-Ions
-Atomic Mass
-3 subatomic particles
-isotopes
- Changes in the nucleus and nuclear
Reactions
a.Nuclear Stability
b.Radioactive Decay
-Alpha
-Beta
-Gamma

4.Electron Configurations
-Electron Cloud and density
-Orbitals and Energy
-Electron Spin
- Electron Configuration
a.Aufbau
b.Pauli
c.Hund

5.Periodic Table
-Electron configurations
a. s,p,d,f blocks
-Periodic trends
a. Atomic Radius
b. Ionic Size
c. Ionization Energy
d. Electron Affinity
e. Electronegativity

6.Chemical Formulas and Bonding
- Ionic Bonding
a. Ionic Bonds
b. Ionic compounds
c. The Octet Rule
d. Lewis Dot Diagrams
e. Types of ions
f. Binary ionic compounds
- Covalent Bonding
a. Molecules and their formulas
b. Unshared pairs
c. Multiple bonds
d. Exception to the octet rule
e. Properties of covalent bonds
- Naming Chemical Compounds
a. Ionic compounds
b.Molecular Compounds

7.Molecular Shape
- The Shape of the molecules
a. Molecular geometry
b.Bond Length
- Polarity

All I really want is advice and ideas.(you know a hero and a few villans,etc.) However as of right now I thought that I could do an individual comic for every section.

No you haven't and the whole premise is ridiculous. No teacher would expect a whole syllabus content in one comic book.

Originally posted by The Prophecy
ovember 9, 2025 five astronauts: John McKinley,Sarah Holloway,Ronald Chaney,Elizabeth Stanford, and Tyres White, were set
on a mission objective by ISAC (International Space and Alien Cooperation) to retrieve analysis and useful data from a newly discovered planet called Javion. This planet was recorded to have a surface area of about 205 Earths,and about 2 times the size of Jupiter (12.28 x 10 to the tenth power K(kilometers) squared in SI Base Units). However despite it's massive size. , it also had an usual amount of "electro-cosmic" storms. Researchers declared that this was due to the amount of emitted cosmic energy in it's atmosphere. There are also records of a new type of metalloid which is located about 62.3 miles from it's core.IT he metal was also said to have a concentration of Titanium and another unknown substance.

Five years have passed since there astronauts first left Earth,and while arriving in it's thick atmosphere the astronauts began to prepare their utensils and equipment. The landing was pretty rough but everyone made it in on piece. After their long journey the astronauts finally began to venture onto the giants surface and collect samples.However just about 120 miles northeast of their location a storm was approaching and fast.Three hours had passed since the astronauts first landed and when the storm began to thrive .Surprised of the unexpected the astronauts began to flee towards the ship, for their equipment did detect the storm in time.The energy emitted from the storm instantly killed the astronauts and destroyed their ship and equipment. However Elizabeth was the only one to survive. Her body had some how adapted and absorbed the storms energy while giving her strange supernatural abilities. For many years Elizabeth had spent time rebuilding the ship while at the same time gaining even more powers from the planet. Unfortunately after many attempts she was still unsuccessful.However one of her abilities allows her to travel at high speeds ,therefore allowing her to travel to Earth rather quickly. When she finally arrived on Earth she changed her identity,for her and the other astronauts were declared dead. From that day Elizabeth then became Dark Star.

The massive size would mean a massive mass, which would mean a massive gravity well, which would mean dead/torn apart Astronauts.

smile

By Crom!
Originally posted by By Crom!
No you haven't and the whole premise is ridiculous. No teacher would expect a whole syllabus content in one comic book.

The massive size would mean a massive mass, which would mean a massive gravity well, which would mean dead/torn apart Astronauts.

smile

Oh and you also said a thick atmosphere. To stay thick under that gravity well the pressure would crush them and the heat would fry them. Before you try Chemistry get some logical physics going. Although gas laws are important in both subjects.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by ValdeCalebros
Dark X is a lame name

spice it up a bit

add more Prime

Dark X Prime

eek!

This post gets the coveted S-Rank Seal of Approval.

... did you just quote your self By Crom! confused

By Crom!
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

... did you just quote your self By Crom! confused

shifty Why yes and not for the first time! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.