Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVapor
I know previous threads for Narnia have existed but they were pretty pointless and have been dead for some time. so i am reviving talk on the movies, and this topic is open to more than just the next movie but the movies and books in general.

What we know about the next movie:

Title: Prince Caspian
It is the fourth book in the series, but it links well with the first movie as the the third book is a separate story from the main one running through out the books.

Plot: Men have taken the land of Narnia from the animals, and have forced the intelligent talking ones into hiding. This has all happened after the Pevensies made their leave at the end of the previous movie. Prince Caspian who learns from a dwarf the history of Narnia rallies them together to gain back their land. When the Pevensies are once again summoned they help the Prince take the thrown and free Narnia.

Cast: All four Pevensie Children are returning, and it has been announced that they have found an actor to play the Prince though they have not revealed the name.

Current Status: Preproduction such as scouting for actors and filming locations is nearly complete.

Release date: May 16, 2008

That is all that is known at the moment. Let discussion begin!

Strangelove
Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Narnia:_Prince_Caspian

IMDb page:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0499448/

sithsaber408
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809244324/video/5318792

Looks pretty good! thumb up

With The Dark Night, Iron Man, Indy IV, and this one we may just get the "summer of awesome" that I was hoping for in 07.

=Tired Hiker=
Looks good.

steverules
Finally...it's about damn time. I liked the lion, the witch and the wardrobe, this one looks like it'll be good

D-Wag
looks sweet

JediSamuraiMRB
I've read all the Narnia books and thoroughly enjoyed The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I look forward to seeing this.

MildPossession
I enjoyed the first one a lot, second looks wonderful.

Impediment
It looks good, I agree.

SpaceMonkey
Looks better than LWW.

Thorin
I liked a lot this book, more than other of Narnia serie.
And the trailer looks even more amazing.
Andrew Adamson did a great job with Narnia

El Thorin
Why do you have my name?

sithsaber408
laughing out loud

SpaceMonkey
I think this series will only get better as it goes.

coolmovies
am not looking farward to this becouse i didnt like the first one. the plot is

OUT 27TH JUNE 2008

SPOLIER !!

Prince Caspian" finds the Pevensie siblings pulled back into the land of Narnia, where a thousand years have passed since they left. The children are once again enlisted to join the colorful creatures of Narnia in combating an evil villain who prevents the rightful Prince from ruling the land. Written by Max Davison {RockyHexorcist2785}

The four Pevensie children return to Narnia, only to discover that hundreds of years have passed since they ruled there, and the evil King Miraz has taken charge. With the help of a heroic mouse called Reepicheep, and the exiled heir to the throne, Prince Caspian, they set out to overthrow the King, once again with Aslan's help. Written by comicfan

A year after their first adventure in Narnia, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are pulled back in by Susan's magic horn. They find that hundreds of years have passed, and Narnia is now ruled by the bloodthirsty General Miraz, uncle to the true heir, Prince Caspian, now in exile. Now the children must find Caspian and help him depose Miraz...but how will they get home after it's done?

Faith27
This film is set to release on May 16, 2008 on USA, June 5 on AUs and June 27 on Uk.

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/2/13/f_chroniclesom_1250154.jpg

coolmovies
Does anyone know how long this will be ?

faithxp
Probably I will watch this movie., I like the first movie of it.,

HollywoodGurl
I think I'll wait until it comes on cable like I did with the first movie. I enjoyed the first film as well.

sithsaber408
Already a thread with the trailer in it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t471691.html

Requesting a merge.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by coolmovies
Does anyone know how long this will be ?

I'll assume prolly as long as the first one. I've read all the novels which I loved a lot. I loved the first movie. I look forward to seeing this.

faithxp
same here I love the first one thats why I will watch the part 2 of it.,

MildPossession
The first one was wonderful, so definitely seeing the second movie.

DarthLazious
Me too.

TheVapor
Disney plans to have a new Narnia movie released every year after this one. I think that sounds cool, but at the same time one year is not enough time for the franchise to feel fresh to public, and a lack of interest will come about quickly. However, as a Narnia fan this won't be a problem for me, and it's kind of exciting knowing that there will be a Narnia movie being released around the time of both my High School graduation and my College graduation.

edwinian
I'm definitely excited for this. From the trailer it looks like its going to have some good action scenes and should be really exciting. This article is a few days old but they showed MSN 45 min. of the movie and here are their thoughts.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/02-26-08?GT1=MOVIES5

I think I heard they were going to do them so quickly one after another was so the characters dont get too old. Anyone else here that?

TheVapor
Yes, I did hear that. Production has slowed down on the next movie, Dawn Treader, however. It was supposed to be released in 2009, but is now slated for a 2010 release.

Fine by me, considering that in the same year Deathly Hallows, and the Hobbit will be released; just makes things better.

exanda kane
Ahh, heck, just skip to the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, it's alot better than this. Apparently to some 'Prince Caspian' is a darker, more adult story than the rest; screw that, what a load of bollocks. It's the tamest of them all.

TheVapor
Why would anyone say it's darker? Silver Chair, and Last Battle are without a doubt the darkest installments in the series.

Dawn Treader will most likely be better than Caspian, and i'm not just saying that because it's like The Odyssey, which I enjoyed very much.

My favorite in the series though, A Horse and his Boy, won't be hitting theaters for quite some time.

exanda kane
Ergh, Horse and his Boy was monotomous.

You say anyone, I say the producers of the film and those covering its various press releases. Obviously they have got the marketing schtick going on there and trying to bring in those LotR dollars, but I think they've taken the sentiment to heart with the design of the film.

TheVapor
I think that's a smart dicision, because with the huge success of LotR people will gravitate towards a movie that offers a simillar feel. Not only is it good for general audiances, but it's good for the fans. As you said, this story is very tame, and some serious sprucing up may be just what the movie needs.

One thing i've been wondering though is how well Voyage is going to fare. People will be reminded of Pirates, and that might create interest, but there is not much action in the book, except for the monster fight, and THAT was already seen in Pirates. More changes are likely to happen to Voyage than to Prince.

exanda kane
Let Voyage be a slow burner then. They will have a few problems if they are scared of taking the blatant religous angle of the destination (what else could they do with it!?) of the ship, i.e. the after-life, but they'll have to get through that hurdle somehow. They completely derailed the The Northern Lights when putting that into the film by disregarding and playing down the amatuerish-atheist tones the books (of which are idiotic in the first place), so let's hope they keep things as they should be script-wise.

Again, I don't think Narnia should be an action filled series, albeit the action pieces should be done well, but all the same, let the story, dialogue and the performances of the four Pensieve kids (which were well done in the first installment) take the brunt of the responsibility.

RIDDLE_OF_STARS
I really hope they get around to making "The Silver Chair", that was my favorite book of the series.

TheVapor
They plan on releasing all of the books to film, in publishing order, not chronological. So Silver Chair is coming after Voyage. If Disney has switched their pace to every other year then we won't see Chair until 2012. This could be because the last couple installments have the Pevensies as adults, and they want them to be the right age when the time comes around

As for touching on Voyages religious angle, I think the ending will be treated like the Grey Havens in LotR, where it's implied where they're going, but it's not a huge smack in the face. Also i have no problem with Voyage being story, and character driven, the thing is will the public want a lot of story, or at least a 50/50 story/action compromise. The Odyssey was a great film, that had good story, and was character driven; but that was made for TV. Not that I'm worried about Voyage bombing it's just that a lack of interest in further movies by the public would not be good for the franchise. The director picked for Voyage will have to be a very good, experienced director .

Toku King
I disliked the first one, so I think I'll pass.

TheVapor
What about the first didn't you like, just wondering, because this one's being done somewhat differently.

tifa_karate15
i hope this one will be good

edwinian
I think this one is going to be good too. I think maybe even better then the first. I enjoyed the first one, this one just looks more engaging and a more compelling story... does that make sense?

surabhi

=Tired Hiker=
Cool, and after we do that, we can all build a candy cane slay and slide down Marshmellow Mountain! Get a fricking avatar.

surabhi
heyy has anyone seen the trailers of the new narnia movie... ben barnes is playing prince caspian.. he looks amazing.. though i tried to search for the trailer on the net.. if anyone comes across it please let me know..

exanda kane
Oh that's bad.

surabhi
Hey for all those people who are fans of the The Chronicles of Narnia book series.The second book Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian will be hitting the scenes on May 16, 2008. A year after their first adventure in Narnia, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are pulled back in by Susan's magic horn. They find that hundreds of years have passed, and Narnia is now ruled by the bloodthirsty General Miraz, uncle to the true heir, Prince Caspian, now in exile. Now the children must find Caspian and help him depose Miraz!..
the story line seems so killer..

SpaceMonkey
AAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow, that was funny.

However, let's be a bit nicer to newbs. They will become bitter and sour like the rest of us eventually.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
AAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow, that was funny.

However, let's be a bit nicer to newbs. They will become bitter and sour like the rest of us eventually.

See, I think this is spam, so I'm not nice to them because I think they will never read this. And if they do, then hey, that should be quite entertaining.

exanda kane

SpaceMonkey
You know what? I just saw another thread by the same guy in another forum here asking about "ben barnes as Prince Caspian' so I think you're right. I guess I am too nice and gullible.

princecaspian
Hey even i loved the 1st part n hav also read all the books. Jus desperately awaiting the release. smile

scoggialicia
HEY GUYS..............

prince caspian from d narnia series is releasn on d 16th may........

dis c.s. lewis narnia series is a fantastic fantasy tale.........

n he is supposed to have influenced many other fanatasy writers including harry potter...............

have u guys seen d traillers??

ben barnes who plays prince caspian is lukn damn gud !!!!!
u knw he resembles a bit lyk david beckham....

scoggialicia

steverules
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t437666.html

Firstly you didn't need to make two threads on the subject and secondly above is a link to a thread about this subject so you didn't need to make a thread about it

=Tired Hiker=
Blow me.

Impediment
scoggialicia, use the search function when you make a thread. There was no need for you to make two threads about the same movie in different forums.

scoggialicia

scoggialicia
hey guys reepicheep looks funny in the traillers in clips....wid the sword and his armour i remembered puss in boots from shrek........

he also resembles alott to stuart little...they ofcourse belonging to the same mouse family.........

im really looking forward for the movie..........

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN..............

edwinian
May 16th can't come soon enough... I get excited each time i see the commercial on TV for it. I'm excited for the battle scenes, and to see how the kids aged in regular time. Should be really entertaining.

arkenemis1114
i want to see that movie soooooooooooooo bad.it looks cool.but maybe they will ruin it like eragon,spiderwick,and many others.OMG!!!!!My favorite book.....theyre making a movie of it mad smile im mad and happy at the same time.i dunno why.

ps:my fav. book is bartimaeus trilogy.u have to read that baby.in my opinion its better than harry potter laughing

Darth Demise
im going to see it this friday!!!

TheVapor
Originally posted by arkenemis1114
i want to see that movie soooooooooooooo bad.it looks cool.but maybe they will ruin it like eragon,spiderwick,and many others.OMG!!!!!My favorite book.....theyre making a movie of it mad smile im mad and happy at the same time.i dunno why.

ps:my fav. book is bartimaeus trilogy.u have to read that baby.in my opinion its better than harry potter laughing

There's very little chance of them ruining it. If you enjoyed the first then you should enjoy this because it's being done by the same director/cast/effects team/etc. It may even EXCEED the quality of the first one. wink

HollywoodGurl
I really liked the 1st one...it was very fun like the Harry Potter movies. I can't wait to see this one. smile

scoggialicia

edwinian
That's wild... she's only like 12 right? I wish I had accomplished as much as her at that age. They clearly did a great job of casting that role, if she does that much good in real life and her character in the films are known for generosity and innocence.

edwinian
Saw a screening of this last night. Really good movie! It was a lot of fun to watch and the action and battle scenes in this one are pretty epic. I don't want to give to much away but the camera work, Audio, and CGI are all really impressive. And of course the audience loved Reepicheep, he had some great lines.

Prince Nauj
can someone tell me why the white witch returns?! Is she gonna help the bad or good guys?! Never read the books and im just wondering.

P_skywalker
Jadis The White Witch does not return in the book or the movie ! Before the Werewolf, Hag and Narabrik try too bring her back they are stopped before they can complete the ritual.

scoggialicia
Hey guys!!

The new Narnia movie is finally here big grin

Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes) looks so cute!!

Can't wait to watch the movie!!!! Will catch it over the weekend for sure.

Are you going to see it or have you already seen it?
How was it?

Mairuzu
no expression

Mairuzu
Just saw the film, exceeded my expectations

BruceSkywalker
Saw it, good movie

SpaceMonkey
Saw it on Saturday. Very good movie, better than the first. It was ALL good until they laid the religious undertone on you rather heavy. I just brushed it aside, but I really wished they'd stay away from that .

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Saw it on Saturday. Very good movie, better than the first. It was ALL good until they laid the religious undertone on you rather heavy. I just brushed it aside, but I really wished they'd stay away from that . That was the mistake that was made with the Golden Compass. By watering down the atheist undertones, they eviscerated the story and it came out flat. The same would have been true of Caspian if they had left out the more divine aspects of Aslan. The book, after all, was overtly religious.

edwinian
Yea thats understandable with Aslan, but that end part with the river coming up was still pretty awesome.

dadudemon
I watched this movie last night with my workout buddy.

I actually laughed out loud at the "Jesus allegories" that abounded in the film.

"Everyone thinks that he should prove himself to us but the whole time, they should have been proving themselves to him"...or something like that....

And then the whole Jesus in the form of the water..

Aslon controls the elements like Moses/Jesus...then the comment Aslon made to the little girl in the woods about her continuting to believe even though no one else did...etc.

This movie was more Jesus'd than the last one...

I give the movie a 6.8 out of 10.

Jesus. no expression

Edit-Before someone says it...I know it was based strongly on the book from C.S. Lewis, a profilic Christian writer...get off meh.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by dadudemon
I watched this movie last night with my workout buddy.

I actually laughed out loud at the "Jesus allegories" that abounded in the film.

"Everyone thinks that he should prove himself to us but the whole time, they should have been proving themselves to him"...or something like that....

And then the whole Jesus in the form of the water..

Aslon controls the elements like Moses/Jesus...then the comment Aslon made to the little girl in the woods about her continuting to believe even though no one else did...etc.

This movie was more Jesus'd than the last one...We're in agreement there. Aslan didn't really come off as divine in the first movie. The opposite is true in Caspian, however that fact didn't really weaken the story, though, IMO. Golden Compass was dealt a much more serious blow by watering down the "God is dead" philosophy upon which the story was rooted.

ragesRemorse
I went to see this movie today. I left the theater thoroughly entertained. I am quite surprised how much i enjoyed the movie and to how well made it is. It was quite violent and intense for a family movie, but never overwhelmingly so...,just enough to highlight the gravity of the situations and the tribulations of the characters growth. I think the only problem with the movie is the lack of character development. Prince Caspian's character could have used a bit more explanation in showing why he was, suddenly so willing to devote his life to unifying the Narnians and humans, Narnians he never knew existed. I also think it would have been beneficial if they would have focused a scene or two on the childrens previous rull as kings and queens in Narnia. It would have helped highlight why they were so willing to die to help the Narnians.

These are things which are easily overlooked with a bit of personal deliberation and imagination. I think the cast was near perfect, once again. These kids are better than the Potter bunch when it comes to acting ability. I think the two playing Edmund and peter, specifically did a great job with their roles. I was able to forget that Peter and edmund are merely young teenagers a few times. The action was also beautifully shot. Again, i appreciated the risks they took with all the suggested violence. Although, they couldn't show decapitations or soldiers having their throats being slit...,it happens all through out the movie. This may seem like me screaming for blood, but i think it was a brilliant decision. It really helped to show that these children are not children that they were once full grown adult kings and queens who rulled a great kingdom.

I think, if there is once problem this movie will have it will be the Religious overtones. Now, personally, i believe that if the books have religious overtones, they should be incorporated into the movie. In the first movie, i remember so many people talking about how much it was riddled with Christian metaphors. Having read the first two books, i knew these metaphors and inspirations were there, but i didnt see them in the first movie. In this movie, however, i knew they would be more rampant, and im surprised one of the cast members didn't slip up and refer to asland as Christ a few times. Asland being more like Christ like did kind of hasten the ending, but again, It was much like the book and these religious metaphors are only religious if you want them to be. There is a very good message in the movie and a few good messages that didn't make it in the film, or at least weren't focused on. I would highly recommend this movie to fans of fantasy. If you liked the first movie, there is no reason why you will not like this one.

TheVapor
I went to see Prince Caspian yesterday and here are my thoughts:

-The movie was beyond PG IMO. Is that a problem to me? No, not really. I actually liked that this movie was more mature then the previous one. However this maturity should have given the movie a PG-13. I believe I heard that it was kept PG because there was no 300-esque bloodbath sequences, but the truth is, even though there's no blood, the violence is more intense in this compared to the first. Take for example the Minotaur being crushed by the gate after being shot at repeatedly with arrows, or even the thrilling battle of Peter and Miraz. That's some scary crap for a seven yr. old that was taken by an unknowing mother thinking this movie was going to be as "candy and icecream" as the first. I'll also briefly mention another problem that comes up when taking a youngster to this: Susan's...erm...assets. In the scene where everyone's sleeping on the grass you see Anna's cleavage quite a bit, and in one shot that lasts about ten seconds they fill up at least 1/3 of the screen. I realize that they aren't popping out like in a Pg-13 movie, however I don't think momma wants little jimmy exposed at that age.

-Another thing I didn't really care for was Peter's prickishness. I mean it's been awhile since I read the book, but I don't quite remember him being that way.

-And speaking of having not read the book in awhile, I felt it a little hard to keep my facts straight about what was going on. A lot was changed from the book, and that's not a problem, It's just that IMO this movie is harder to grasp by non-readers, which is bad if you want to make good earnings at the box office.

-Maybe I'm just weird, but I personally felt that, after being the title character, Prince Caspian was kind of downplayed in comparrison to the Pevensie's. It honestly felt like if Peter had just been wiser and less prickish then Caspian would have been almost unnecessary . When he became king at the end I thought "Does he really deserve that?" Don't get me wrong Caspian has a few good scenes, I just feel like his character wasn't treated well by the script-writer or Adamson.

-My last two quips about the movie are the romance between Susan and Caspian, and the song at the end. The love thing wasn't necessary to begin with, and was completely underplayed . The song at the end was neither good by itself nor was it good playing at the end of the film. It doesn't fit the tone of the movie, and it's just bad anyway.

Ok, so everything above is just negative, so your probably thinking "He didn't enjoy the movie". Tell you the truth in some ways I enjoyed it more than the first, and in others I didn't. I enjoyed the mature themes, Aslan , the acting is good , and when it comes to special effects, this movie is definitely #1. The CGI doesn't look like CGI, and the job Weta did on the creatures is incredible, they are so lifelike! So all in all I'd have to give it an 8/10 for all of it's merits, and for the sheer fun I had watching it.

Note: Excuse me for the long post, but most movie reviews, good or bad, are notoriously long.

Off-topic Note: Due to reasons above I am actually glad Adamson is leaving the series, and we are getting a fresh face in the director's chair for Dawn Treader.

ragesRemorse
SPOILERS***********

I agree that the movie may have warranted a pg-13 rating, but most of the violence is suggested and not shown which is how i think they landed a pg rating. Either way, i dont think there is anything wrong with the rating or violence. It is no more violent than the potter movies and not much more violent than the end of the first narnia movie. These children are portraying adults whom were once adult kings and queens. They would be more prone to taking a life in battle and not thinking twice about it.

As for peter being prickish, i thought that at first, but then i realized that he was just being a leader. He was very decisive and quick to take the initiative. The entire siege on the castle should have worked had Caspien not been side tracked. I also thought that it played out well for the ending. When he was told that he would not be coming back because he learned all that he could from Narnia, it was like Asland telling him that he was not worthy, because he lacked the most important thing...,faith. You dont think the friction between the two leaders of Caspien and Peter played out well? I think if Caspiens character had been given more time to develop some kind of sentiment with the Narnians his presence would fell much more necessary.

I agree that the love thing seemed out of place, but, other than a few lustfull glances and a kiss at the end, it never became a point of focus which i appreciated. This Narnia was about faith and confrontation, a tired love story would have just dragged it down.

TheVapor
^ I did actually think the Peter-Caspian thing played out well. It just felt like Caspian was a third wheel, and if they had spent more time developing the Caspian-Narnians relationship , and brought the Pevensies in later, then Caspian would have seemed like a more substantial character.

Celestialgirl
It'd been awhile since I'd read the book as well and since I went with people who hadn't read the book I had to keep my mouth shut about certain things that confused me!

Spoilers!!!

I was disappointed that they couldn't make a movie without romance... The whole time watching the movie I was all Peter was never this competive with Caspian as far as I can remember! As for those who didn't like the undertones of christianity in it, it's meant to be that way if they cut it all out it wouldn't BE Narnia.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Celestialgirl

I was disappointed that they couldn't make a movie without romance... The whole time watching the movie I was all Peter was never this competive with Caspian as far as I can remember! As for those who didn't like the undertones of christianity in it, it's meant to be that way if they cut it all out it wouldn't BE Narnia.

I didn't feel as though the Romance was ever a part of the film. I think it was handled appropriately. There was hardly any dialogue devoted to it. However, it makes little sense that Susan would be interested in Capsian, She is by all means an adult. I agree that they should downplay the religious metaphors and inspirations of the movie, because they are an integral part of the books. Most reviews i have read though, applaud the movie for not being as religious as the original movie. When i first saw the original, i saw little that would suggest any kind of religious influences. Caspian, however, i thought had a heavy christian overtone. It didn't hurt the movie at all, but Asland was a bit all to powerful. It works in the books to have Asland to be Christ, but in the movie it felt anti-climactic. When he gave the mouse back his tail, i almost lost it, had the rest of the movie not been well made and entertaining, it would have hurt the film for me.

TheVapor
As far as giving Repicheep his tail back, it would be very easy to not connect that to Aslan being Christ. After all Narnia is a fantasy, and creatures that can magic back body parts is common fare, and that's exactly as kids see it. Because we know there is supposed to be religious undertones, it's easier for us to not be amazed at the event, but instead groan at what the event is supposed to mean.

Mairuzu
I don't think there is anything wrong with showing a 7-year-old a fake creature getting shot by arrows and getting pushed down upon by a gate.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by TheVapor
As far as giving Repicheep his tail back, it would be very easy to not connect that to Aslan being Christ. After all Narnia is a fantasy, and creatures that can magic back body parts is common fare, and that's exactly as kids see it. Because we know there is supposed to be religious undertones, it's easier for us to not be amazed at the event, but instead groan at what the event is supposed to mean.

oh yeah, i agree that you will not realize the Christian references and inspirations (which i dont mind at all) unless you know they are there. I think, however, it is easy to view Asland as some type of divine figure because he nearly referred to as being so. The whole tail thing was just over the top for me. Asland had previously summoned the tree's back to life and called a water spirit with his roar. The tail just sent the point overboard...,yeah ASLAND CAN DO ANYTHING. It is nothing more than a sarcastic critique that i'm sure wont affect most people.

TheVapor
I have to admit, it was a little over the top, but it was a charming scene that gave some relief after the intense battle. It also proved that Aslan doesn't just use his power to summon water spirits and trees to kill people, but also to heal people. Sure we already know this, but it was nice seeing this balance played out on the screen.

cruel jedi
Prince caspian is much better than TLWTW. It's much darker, has more action and better effects than seen in TLWTW. Some parts where over the top but seems to balance it self out over the period of the film.
Overall it is a great fantasy film for the whole family to see.

P.S watch for the bloody scenes stick out tongue

chillybanana
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've read all the Narnia books and thoroughly enjoyed The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I look forward to seeing this.

TheVapor
News update on "Voyage":

MyEntertainmentWorld.com has updated with new information from the production team for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, confirming the January 2009 filming start date and mentioning three shooting locations (Mexico, Prague, and New Zealand). This information was updated on July 2, so it's very recent.

Dawn Treader was originally supposed to begin filming in October, but was pushed back. This is similar to what happened to Prince Caspian which originally was supposed to be released in 2007.

Voyage is expected to be released in May 7 2010; however this may change. Not due to possible production problems but because it is close to the Iron Man 2 release date , only a week difference. Disney CEO's blamed the release date of Caspian in relation to Iron Man as to why is did poorer than expected. So the date will likely change.

TheVapor
Some interesting news from the Narnia camp!

For those of you out there who didn't know, Disney and Walden media had a falling out, and Disney is no longer distributing the movies, which may be a good thing as the article below seems to describe.

So while it doesn't have a distributor "Voyage" is still in the making and this article seems to have the hopeful atmosphere of all of the books being made into films.

I think Disney execs. are both foolish, and a**holes. Prince Caspian doesn't do well at the box office, and it IS their fault for releasing it between Iron Man and Indiana Jones, so they drop the whole series. Well, they'll be losing out on a lot of money, not that it matters, they're loaded.

btw, should I create a new topic now that "Voyage" is in the works, or is it simple enough to change the topic's title? Do I just contact an Admin? Tell me what you think.

-Cheers!

jinXed by JaNx
Not only did Disney drop the ball on picking a release date. They also mucked up the marketing of this movie. I will admit though. Prince Caspian is a hard movie to market but the various tactics they used contradicted the tone that each attempt portrayed. It's very hard to sell a mature movie that revolves around a bunch of kids who are rulers of a bloody kingdom but the fact they are not children was poorly conveyed in the marketing. The first movie had a hard time finding it's audience. It was a bit to complex and serious for the younger audiences and a bit to childish for the older teens. I'm not discrediting the movie because the first movie was very well made but it did struggle in deciding what type of movie it wanted to be. Prince Caspian, however, was a much more confident movie even if it did linger a bit to long on forced subplots. I'm disappointed that Caspian didn't so well but im not surprised. The first movie was overshadowed by all of the other, already established fantasy franchises and Caspian was overshadowed by highly anticipated blockbusters.

I hope Voyage gets picked up but the fact that it doesn't have a distributer frightens me. They established a mature direction with Caspian and the fact that the executives believe that was their mistake extinguishes all of my anticipation for Voyage. This films series needs to grow and mature with it's audience. If they get caught up trying to appeal to a demographic other than the people who have been following the first two installments, it will have no chance. Also, if disney isn't going to distribute the third movie how will it be distributed at all, if Disney owns the rights? I find it hard to believe that a studio is going to want to pay third party prices to disney as well as the budget that a movie like this demands.

TheVapor
Also, if disney isn't going to distribute the third movie how will it be distributed at all, if Disney owns the rights? I find it hard to believe that a studio is going to want to pay third party prices to disney as well as the budget that a movie like this demands.

Would Disney own the rights if they completely dropped the series, and the company ? If they do, why? It doesn't make sense that they would completely have nothing to do with the projects but still get paid for all of the future ones.

Edit: News from the Narnieweb website. An article that discusses plans for a distributor as well as a few other tidbits of info.

It seems that things should be going well, and a settlement for distribution will be met soon. So hope is not lost!

siriuswriter
Originally posted by TheVapor

well, he had to get his tail back somehow. otherwise what will eustace use to swing him around in "voyage?"

and about comments by walden that they shouldn't have made "prince caspian" next : they seem to be doing things by the book. and in the chronology of C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian came after LWW.

I was kind of hoping that they'd do these in order of Narnia chronology - that's the book set that i bought. as it is, i'm going to have to wait a hellishly long time to see "the magician's nephew" and "the horse and his boy," if indeed they do ever make these...

TheVapor
Good news Narnia fans, Narnia has both a screenwriter and distribution company.

I am glad that things are moving forward with the third Narnia movie, and I hope that Walden and their new distributor stick it out 'tll all the movies have been made. I am a little iffy about it being Fox, because Fox executives and producers have been known to be very controlling over their properties, and doing stupid things with them , but i will not pass final judgement on this film until I see the final version .

daveschaub
I have read all the books and they satisfied my expectations.

* 1 The seven books
o 1.1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1950)
o 1.2 Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951)
o 1.3 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (1952)
o 1.4 The Silver Chair (1953)
o 1.5 The Horse and His Boy (1954)
o 1.6 The Magician's Nephew (1955)
o 1.7 The Last Battle (1956)

Even so, I found that they are still too short.
The author has a great imagination that leads and
helps you explore the land of narnia. The books also
has the Map so that you will not get lost and guide to places where magical creature are dwelling. This books tells adventure and humanity.Its good that the books are made into movies. So far the movies are great but it should have been better if they follow the correct chronology of the books.

=Tired Hiker=
Prince Caspian didn't do it for me. I thought the movie was a bit dry and boring. The actors seemed tired, like they were woken up from a deep sleep to do there scenes. I want to read the books though, I'm sure those are the bomb. I did like The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe movie though, but I like to call it The Beast, The B*tch, And The Dresser.

full_movies_43
I am looking forward to watching this movie soon.
Ealrier movie I watched were good.

K.Diddy
beer I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first,I felt like the movie just didn't really come alive until the last 40 minutes,The last battle scenes were great but before that I found it a bit dull,but still a good watch 7.5/10

Fast-Debrid
I really haven't got to watch the "Prince Caspian" sequel.
Though I've watched the third one, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader."
I'm not really a fan of the movie series but I like the stories.
Just liked it more if the four siblings were always present in each movie.
With the Prince Caspian movie, I've been trying to get a copy. As soon as I do, I'll be downloading it with FastDebrid.com
It's actually a pretty good site for that use and even music and file hosting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.