Sasee Tin vs Agen Kolar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lee-San28
close combat with ligthsabers in a small room the size of palpatenes office.

jollyjim311
Agen. He soundly thrashed Quinlan Vos.

General Kenobl
Excuse me? He did not soundly thrash Quinlan Vos. There was a recent thread on this where Darthsith and I argued against each other on this.

Quinlan, nor Agen, were trying against each other. However, that doesn't mean they were trying at the same level. Quinlan wanted to escape, he was not interested to go for the kill because he was still a loyalist to the Jedi Order.

Don't get me started jollyjim.

However, Agen was considered to be one of the order's strongest swordsmen and he is definately greater than Saesee, who's more of a pilot than anything.

General Kenobl
Sry actually DS and I argued primarily in the Agen vs. Kit threa.d

Mic Assassin
Sure, Quinlan wasn't exactly hoping to go out of his way to kill Agen, but by this point, he had a kind of 'get in my way and face the consequences' attitude, he wasn't completely unwilling to attack full out against Agen if he was getting in his way and forcing him to do so. By this point, he was a firm believe of the 'end justifies the means' philosophy, and viewed his goal to infiltrate Dooku's inner circle above everything else, even if it meant touching the darkside. Killing Agen would have simply been removing an obstacle that was in his way, and it was a sacrifice he was clearly willing to make.

Agen on the other hand was actually aiming to capture Quinlan (disarm or wound, not kill) and wasn't going full out one bit, yet he was quite clearly able to outclass Quinlan in all ways. I'd say Agen was definitely the superior swordsman, at least at that point anyway.

darthsith19
Kolar wins. He defeated Quinlan Vos, I doubt Saesee Tiin could. There's a chance but between him and Vos I'd put my money on Vos.

As PoD proved, Vos had a big advantage in that fight because he kenw the territory, just as Bane had the advantage in the right in the Rakatan Temple because he knew it. Vos was trying to run - since he knew the area so well eh should have been able to escape. Kolar was merely trying to capture Vos, and he would have succeeded if those Hutt guards hadn't come in. Escaping in your turf is FAR easier than capturing someone by first disarming them in a lightsaber duel.

General Kenobl

darthsith19
Same can be said for Agen, except rather than run he was going for the capture.

Why's that? Kolar was only going 100% in the capture, Vos was going 100% in trying to escape. I'd say both were trying equally hard.

And why is that? He didn't seem to improve that much, and Kolar and Mace are desbribed as "two of the finest swordsmen in the order." in the ROTS novel.

Because that's where Quinlan hangs out. Just like Bane hangs out in the Temple, he knows the area. Agen doesn't.

He knew the area better, was familiar with the turf, which gives him the advantage.

As you've stated many times Vos was really loyal to the Jedi all along, and thus was a Jedi Knight, no, Jedi Master when he fought Kolar. I don't know why you think Vos improved so much from then to ROTS, and Kolar disarmed Vos in a jiffy when they fought, I'm sure Vos was trying 100% not to let that happen.

General Kenobl
Wonderful. Your point?

Agen seemed to put energy into trying to get Vos down, while Quinlan was just trying to run. It's just my opinion. However, we can't say they were trying equally hard, that's just like pulling-number-out-of-our-ass.

Vos spent a lot time out of the war and inside the shadows. Afterwards, as Dooku's apprentice he trains heavily and he leads several campaigns and all. ROTS Quinlan is beter than THE Jedi Quinlan, the same one who was able to kill Volfe Karkko and such and such.

Turf advantage doesn't mean shit except Agen was trying much harder to go through the landscape to get to Vos, otherwise how could he have cornered him? Obviously, Kolar was trying harder.

Yet Agen put more effort than Quinlan, and that's why he cornered him and beat him more easily.

I meant that he was still a Jedi. Sorry, I knew he was a Jedi Master. Vos trained heavily under Dooku and obviously sharpened his swordwork and Force mastery, which has probably dulled when he was hiding in the shadows.

Council#13
Saesee wins this one.

Anyway, Agen did defeat Quinlan, although neither wanted to kill the other. Quinlan was more putting up as much of a fight without actually hurting Agen, and Agen was trying to arrest Quinlan without hurting him. Both of them had basically the same restraints, yet Quinlan was forced down several times.

Mic Assassin
lol, why? I know you're a fan of Saesee, but there's honestly not anything that would put Saesee ahead of Agen.

Council#13
laughing out loud You caught me, I am a Saesee fan!

Anyway, he has a lot of accomplishments under his belt. Agen isn't as well known. Like in the ROTS novelization, for example, Saesee is the first to die. He doesn't expect a blade to take of his head. Agen manages to squeeze out the words: It doesn't- *gets stabbed* hurt. *dies* I mean, he saw it all happen! And he like- whatever.

Lee-San28
i agree Agen is more of the rash yung figther Sasee Has more experience under his belt and has been a member of the council for a long time.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Probably Sin since Kolar died so easily when Sidious killed him.

Council#13
Both died quickly, so that argument, unfortunately, doesn't count. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.