Pan's Labyrinth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king leonidas
smile smile smile what a film i've seen it about 6 times i love this movie, i love the acting, i love the effects i love evrything about this movie!!! anyone else think this was awesome? smile smile smile

Bright Gem
Excellent movie. I saw it last month. Loved the acting and story. The end was so sad *looks for review another member and I did on a different site*

Phat J
the dvd i saw it on was scratched so i saw everything except for the last 5 or 10 minutes which sort of ruined the experience for me. really good movie though, the nose smashing scene was brutal.

boomshakalaka
GGGGGGREAT!!! I loved this movie.
It was excellent. Its was sad. I didnt trust that damn Faun though!
Anyone else trust him?

ToMacco
The movie was cool, huh?

I wanna see it.

Phat J
i didnt trust him either, i definitely thought he was tricking her into something bad. what happened at the end? someone tell me how to do spoilers so i can say how far i saw.

Captain REX
Spoilers are done with spoiler tags, like so Hi! but put a / where the * is. Tada!

I didn't like it so much...I don't think I was in the mood for what I saw when I saw it.

dawsey28
Man I was expecting so much more fantasy than there was in movie.

It felt more like a war movie than a dark fantasy movie like I was expecting.

Still a great movie, though and definitely worth watching.

I didn't trust that damn faun through the entire movie.

The part with the "feast" seemed almost like something out of Silent Hill.

Gregory
I missed it in the theater in my hometown, but it was just shown in the theater near my university. Excellent, excellent movie. Not really what I was expecting--the fantasy elements were less promonent then I expected--but still excellent.

And the feast scene was brilliant, although you'd sort of expect that even a child would have had more sense then to eat those damn grapes.

And I don't think you were supposed to trust the fawn.

Loot
saw it last night, amazing, loved it.

exanda kane
Very good film, and like alot of the comments on here, I didn't trust the faun at all lol, but then again, we were supposed to think he was lying smile

botankus
3-1/2 out of 5 stars for me. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but rather a very good movie with excellent parallelism in terms of human layers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a good deal, but 85% of it is a psychological war drama, and I've seen better psychological war dramas.

LordFear
Yeah didn't trust the Faun at all. Especially when she asked about the carving depicting the Faun, herself and a little baby and the way the Faun quickly turned the convo around. That general though, I wish they could have tortured that sadistic piece of phlegm. The faun should have taken a dump in his mouth when they shot his ass in the face.

StyleTime
I liked the movie but I wouldn't really call it phenomenal or anything. The entire movie felt like I was watching the rough draft of something that could have been so great. The movie seemed to aspire to much more than it was. I give it about a 8.0 out of 10.

Anyone else think that Ofelia's facial expression was HILARIOUS when she ate the grapes. It's like she told those fairies "**** you!"

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by StyleTime
Anyone else think that Ofelia's facial expression was HILARIOUS when she ate the grapes. It's like she told those fairies "**** you!" "it was funny but i like the "oh shit" look she had when that thing came to life and went to attack her after eating the fairies

=Tired Hiker=
I loved that damn movie. I will buy it as soon as it goes on sale as a previously viewed movie at Blockbuster. It is definitely the best movie I have seen since The Departed.

Kero_Co
I'd give it a 4.7. I knew it was going to be dark, but I had no idea how violent it could get. I'm the only one that liked it though, everyone else was "What? IT's not in English!?!! NAH-AH!" but it's better that way, it does take place in spain.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I'd give it a 4.7. I knew it was going to be dark, but I had no idea how violent it could get. I'm the only one that liked it though, everyone else was "What? IT's not in English!?!! NAH-AH!" but it's better that way, it does take place in spain.

Yeah, I think the movie being in Spanish really helped the tone of the film. When I think back to it, I don't even remember reading subtitles.

WheretoVirtue?
I was like "Oh.." when I heard it was in Spanish. But after five minutes of watching it, I didn't even know I was reading them and I don't even remember the spanish speaking! Just like when I saw The Passion of the Christ..except that was in Aramaic.

ADarksideJedi
My husband to be wants to see it.But I think it looks too strange to see.JM

SelphieT
AMAZING movie. Truly beautiful. I saw it with my mother who fluently speaks spanish, because she was born in El Salvador, its her native language.

She said that when the scenes changed to the "fantasy" like lands, their spanish was more proper, but in the real time scenes, it was all a common spoken spanish.

Truly beautiful, I was crying so hard at the end, I had to get a moment to gather myself.

Dusty
It was okay. I couldn't really connect with the film like I hoped I would.

Aztec123
Originally posted by king leonidas
smile smile smile what a film i've seen it about 6 times i love this movie, i love the acting, i love the effects i love evrything about this movie!!! anyone else think this was awesome? smile smile smile

The director made a great job, it is one of the best movies I have seen. The movie was like no other, leaving an impression on me forever. Last year he released the orphanage. It is also a great thriller, totally the opposite of Pan's laberith, but has left an impression on me as well. I highly recommend it.

The orphanage

queeq
Great film all around.

ladygrim
I don't usually watch movies like this but i loved this movie

queeq
And it is loveable.

Impediment
I bought the 2 disc SE recently.

This movie blew me away on so many levels.

A truly amazing film that I will enjoy many times over.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The fairy-eating eye-hand man made me want to cry and find my mummy.

Good movie.

Phat J
have you guys seen devils backbone? if you liked this movie then you should definitely pick up the sister film.

Phat J
Originally posted by Aztec123
The director made a great job, it is one of the best movies I have seen. The movie was like no other, leaving an impression on me forever. Last year he released the orphanage. It is also a great thriller, totally the opposite of Pan's laberith, but has left an impression on me as well. I highly recommend it.

The orphanage
he was just the producer on the orphanage, somebody else directed it.

queeq
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
The fairy-eating eye-hand man made me want to cry and find my mummy.

THere's gonna be a similar, bird-like version of that in Hellboy 2.

TeenMovies1
I thought that it was fantastic.

Jovan
yeah, I urgently have to see it again... only saw it once but got it on dvd

skywalker833
never saw it. Only heard about it.

queeq
Go watch it then. It's great.

lft4ded
I loved the movie and like a lot of others I distrusted the faun. Unlike my friends who think the faun and the kingdom were all in her head , and thus she died, I'm still trying to convince them her soul truly is immortal. Disbelievers!

neo010
yahh... I watch this movie...it's nice, but I don't remember how the story goes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.