Lost Series ending

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Read Sayonara Initiative: Lost Eyes Series' End
The big news coming out of Sunday's TCA Winter Press Tour sessions is that Lost execs have been talking to ABC about establishing an end date for the popular series, which is currently on hiatus about one-fourth of the way through Season 3. Deeming 100 episodes as perhaps the magic number, cocreator Damon Lindelof. says, "At the end of Season 4, we will have produced 93 hours of the show, and I imagine that would be very close to where it would end ideally."

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700016603

Morning_Glory
so LOST will probably have one more season... that was pretty much expected all along...

I mean how long can you keep series going where people are running from monsters and "others" and -- how many flash backs can they have where they all connect... after awhile to much is to much

its been a good show smile

Solo
I'm glad, thank god they aren't dragging it out.

Xandico
I'm glad that everything will become clear soon but what with the last Harry Potter book coming out in July and Lost ending my life will collapse. Sniff sniff crybaby

LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't believe everything you read. I don't think LOST is ending anytime soon. In fact I see LOST going past 5yrs.

Solo
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't believe everything you read. I don't think LOST is ending anytime soon. In fact I see LOST going past 5yrs.
Wow, thanks for another quality post. It's been confirmed by the producer. Not to mention, JJ has put his attention on his HBO projects now.

Xandico
I wish it wasn't ending. But if it's going to end at the end of the fourth series then thats going to be at least another two years. So hopefully by then we'll have something else to talk about an get obsessed with.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Solo
Wow, thanks for another quality post. It's been confirmed by the producer. Not to mention, JJ has put his attention on his HBO projects now. Unfortunely unless you have definitive proof that LOST is ending next year or the following year once again don't always believe everything someone says.

ToMacco
Better to end it while it's still ontop.

Besides, by the 4th year, all the cast will have been killed off.

crAZRick
dur... it will end after 4+8+15+16+23+42= 108 eps

saw this coming since the end of season 1

forumcrew
Unfortunely unless you have definitive proof that LOST is ending next year or the following year once again don't always believe everything someone says.

well proof will be once its over. Until then the executives and the main guy behind its start saying they are ending it means a lot. Its not some internet rumor, its the top guns saying they are done.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by crAZRick

Probably.

Xandico
Originally posted by ToMacco

Besides, by the 4th year, all the cast will have been killed off.

Don't say that! If they kill Sawyer I would slip into a deep depression until the next time Josh Holloway graces our screens! AND THAT COULD TAKE MONTHS!!!

ToMacco
I keep borrowing out my seasons of LOST on DVD to people. I've got everyone in my life totally hooked on the show.

But I want my goddamn DVD's back!!!!

IceMan33
that wuld b funny if it ends in 108 eps. haha kinda clever, but i wonder if theyll keep the #s in the storyline...like if more characters encounterd the #s

taste_u
edit

Xandico
I keep borrowing out my seasons of LOST on DVD to people. I've got everyone in my life totally hooked on the show.

But I want my goddamn DVD's back!!!!

laughing I do that, but at the minute I'm stuck watching series 1 and the episodes that I have of series 3 over and over because my Mam (Mum to people who live in England but aren't from the North-East and Mom to people who live in America) confiscated and hid my series 2 after I had an argument with her. I WANT MY SERIES 2 BACK!!!!!!!! crybaby

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by forumcrew
well proof will be once its over. Until then the executives and the main guy behind its start saying they are ending it means a lot. Its not some internet rumor, its the top guns saying they are done.

Just because the top guys says so, AGAIN DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING. LOST will probably end in four years. Count on it. Besides just because JJ said that only tells me he has yet to finalize any plans with anyone. What HBO projects does he have?

Xandico
I read somewhere that the show has enough material to last for 75 years, but it DEFINITELY won't. I mean, Josh Holloway wouldn't be ALIVE and for me there is no Lost without Sawyer love

ToMacco
I miss Lost

sorrow
Honestly.. i'm getting bored with Lost now.. i dont know why... no expression

ToMacco
Because it took 3 months off.

Solo
Just because the top guys says so, AGAIN DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING. LOST will probably end in four years. Count on it. Besides just because JJ said that only tells me he has yet to finalize any plans with anyone. What HBO projects does he have?
Jesus H. Christ, who needs to tell you Lost is ending for you to believe it? I know this might be hard for you, but you just got to accept the facts.

sorrow
Because it took 3 months off.

you're probably right... confused

LORDSIDIOUS01
Jesus H. Christ, who needs to tell you Lost is ending for you to believe it? I know this might be hard for you, but you just got to accept the facts.

What facts?? Don't have any, Don't see any?? Creators and producers of shows have been known to lie.

rickyduck
Wow, thanks for another quality post. It's been confirmed by the producer. Not to mention, JJ has put his attention on his HBO projects now.

Before the Lost series was bought out, it was confirmed that jack would be killed off in the pilot episode. Did that happen? roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise

Besides, by the 4th year, all the cast will have been killed off. Lost is far from "on top" now. Its ratings are the lowest that they have ever been.

"Lost is lost."

Originally posted by IceMan33
that wuld b funny if it ends in 108 eps. haha kinda clever, but i wonder if theyll keep the #s in the storyline...like if more characters encounterd the #s It has been confirmed that they are done with the numbers and that they have no meaning.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

forumcrew
well things have changed a bit. They wanted to do 2 more seasons of 24 episodes each and that be the end. However because of some deals already in place they need to go at least 3 years, so they are going to run 3 season of 16 episodes. Also they are going 24 style of not coming on until January and then running the season straight through without weeks off.

I like the running the season straight through part but I hate that they are gonna cut it from 2 24ep seasons to 3 16ep seasons, stretching it out like that is really lame.

By the way this was all confirmed by an ABC exec.

Darth Macabre
Lost to end in 2010:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20250

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by crAZRick

Nice try but I believe it will end with 120 episodes.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/07/television.lost.reut/index.html

In January, Lindelof and Cuse said that they envisioned the endpoint for "Lost" around episode 100. The agreement with ABC will bring the total number of episodes to 120

Smasandian
Great idea.

I think the creators could easily get enough crazy shit to last till 120, and I really like the idea of the 16 episodes each season. It will create more intense episodes and I have a feeling that the flashbacks will be reduced significantly.

Xandico
Yeah, I'm getting kinda tired of the flashbacks, well, I'm tired of the Kate, Jack, Claire, Charlie, Locke, Sawyer, Jin + Sun ones. The Hurley and Juliet's are pretty cool though.

Tobin Dax
The series is gonna end after series 4, the writers are already coming up with the ending, BUT THERE'S still loads of of stuff to say and do, so many questions to answer

Tobin Dax
Hmm, they said it was going to end after S4 but there are still LOADS OF STUFF to answer

Xandico
I know your new but you're not supposed to do double posts, use the edit button, you can edit posts for upto 15 minutes after you've posted them and your's are only 2 minutes apart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.