The Gold Globes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
I can't believe it took me so long to make this thread. I always make threads in here when Award Shows come on.

Well it's been on since 8pm so forgive me.

EDIT: CRAP!!! It's suppose to be GoldEN Globes!!! D@mnit!!! ranting

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Strangelove
Golden Globes roll eyes (sarcastic)

InnerRise
It cracked me up how Jack Nicholson was all laughing and smiling and the nas soon as he realized the camera was on him his face made the most dramatic change I think I've ever seen. Ha.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Scythe
Award shows usually don't gain my interest. Seems like every time I try to tune in, the nominee I wish to win never does.

Like the MTV awards, where Fallout Boy beat out Red Chili Peppers. Hail nah!

InnerRise
HAHAHAHA

America Fererra (Ugly Betty) is so funny and cute.

She's walking off of stage from just winning an award and she's walking past this woman who is on camera talking about the awards going into commercial and she just stops and kind of keeps walking but all of a sudden stops and gets right in front of the camera with the woman still talking and doing her own thing.

So she's just standing there and after a few seconds has a like a "what am I doing?" expression on her face and then funnily bobbles off of screen, but then I guess someone told her to get back on and the woman then introduces her and they talk.

It was very cute and funny. I'm glad she won.

InnerRise
Sasha Baren Cohen is actually accepting his award and giving a speech........as HIMSELF!!!

Strangelove
w00t SBC!!!!

I kinda wanted Aaron Eckhart to win though. Thank You For Smoking was a magnificently smart movie.

InnerRise
He's actually quite Sexy as himself.

I love his voice.

BlackSunshine
I never really watched any award shows. My parents used to watch it so I was kinda forced to because there wasnt anything else to do.

InnerRise
FINALLY!!!

Jennifer Lopez finally looks half decent in what she's wearing.

Strangelove
Again, kinda wish that Thank You For Smoking or Little Miss Sunshine won.

Dreamgirls was fantastic though.

InnerRise
Will Smith DIDN'T WIN!!!!!!

ranting

InnerRise
Arnold The Governor giving out an award..............in which he can hardly pronounce???????

On crutches????????????

Black Dalek
RESULTS!

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Babel (2006)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Forest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland (2006)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Helen Mirren for The Queen (2006)

Best Television Series - Drama
Winner: "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Dreamgirls (2006)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Sacha Baron Cohen for Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)

Best Director - Motion Picture
Winner: Martin Scorsese for The Departed (2006)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: America Ferrera for "Ugly Betty" (2006)

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Winner: The Painted Veil (2006)
- Alexandre Desplat

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: "Ugly Betty" (2006)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock" (2006)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Winner: The Queen (2006) - Peter Morgan

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Helen Mirren for Elizabeth I (2005) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Bill Nighy for Gideon's Daughter (2005) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Eddie Murphy for Dreamgirls (2006)

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Elizabeth I (2005) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Meryl Streep for The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Best Animated Film
Winner: Cars (2006)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Hugh Laurie for "House M.D." (2004)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Emily Blunt for Gideon's Daughter (2005) (TV)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Kyra Sedgwick for "The Closer" (2005)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Jeremy Irons for Elizabeth I (2005) (TV)

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Winner: Happy Feet (2006)("The Song of the Heart"wink

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Jennifer Hudson for Dreamgirls (2006)

InnerRise
God. I forget how long this Awards Show Last every year.

Took Forever.

Punkyhermy
Grey's Anatomy won!
big grin
happy

InnerRise
They always win. I don't even get excited anymore for them.

I was surprised that Patrick Dempsey didn't win his award though.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
Grey's Anatomy won!
big grin
happy glare

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by InnerRise
They always win. I don't even get excited anymore for them.

I was surprised that Patrick Dempsey didn't win his award though.

i know!

but Hugh Laurie is a hottie too..so i don't mind that much.
no expression

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Strangelove
glare

confused

Strangelove
confused It shouldn't have been submitted as a drama if it was a comedy last year. jerks glare

Punkyhermy
It shouldn't have been submitted as a drama if it was a comedy last year. jerks glare

yeah...you know i do agree with that bit. its not that serious of a show either. confused

InnerRise
I'd say it has some pretty dramatic/serious moments.

erm

Punkyhermy

erm

yes...overly dramatic bits that are almost soap operaish but thats why we love it so much eh?stick out tongue
big grin

Mišt
Yay...some actor won some award for some movie I havent seen...yawn

InnerRise

Mišt
None of those movies are interesting enough to watch sleep

Punkyhermy
I wanted Leo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet to win.

they always get nominated. just the award gets taken away by someone else. erm

and reese looked lovely!
smile

Strangelove

erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... So does Desperate Housewives, but you don't see them switching genres after one year erm

InnerRise

Punkyhermy
Not even one? erm

Her hair looked kind of wild and untamed. erm

I wouldn't say that Desperate Housewives is as serious though.

Isn't there a such thing as a Comdey/Drama Category, also known as Dramedy?

That's how I'd categorize those 2 shows.

it looked really pretty. smile

and yep i agree.

Strangelove
Isn't there a such thing as a Comdey/Drama Category, also known as Dramedy?

That's how I'd categorize those 2 shows.So would I, I'm just saying when you submit a show for consideration as a comedy one year, and as a drama the next, there's something fishy going on.

InnerRise
Do you think if they'd stayed in the same category they wouldn't have won an award?

Strangelove
Do you think if they'd stayed in the same category they wouldn't have won an award?

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... that could have been why they switched. Too much competition in the Comedy isle erm

InnerRise
Never thought of that.

Will pay close attention to this next year.

How did you feel about Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey not winning in their Categories?

If not for an Episode of Punk'd, I'd wonder why Ellen was with the Man she's with.

It has to be love though.

Other than that, she acts real.......I don't know how to say it.........don't want to say Ghetto, but she's nothing like her character on Grey's Anatomy and nothing like the way she presents herself at the Awards.

Then again I'm just basing this off of a Punk'd episode and don't really know her at all.

So I could be flying the coop here.

She doesn't look that good without makeup though. At least from the distance I saw her from under her hat.

silver_tears
I hate awards shows, people who deserve them never win.

*edit or even get nominated.

Lana
Not the mention that they're completely pointless.

Seriously, why does anyone care about these things?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Lana

Seriously, why does anyone care about these things? Well the actors care b/c it's always nice to be recognized and complimented on the work that they do.

That goes mostly anybody.

All throughout life we've been getting awards and recognition for something.

Award Shows are a natural extension of this.

It might not be as important to us the viewers, the people, but I know if I were an actor I'd love to get an award for my work and know that it was appreciated by others and that I did a good job.

=Tired Hiker=
My gf has a nice set of golden globes.

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
yeah...you know i do agree with that bit. its not that serious of a show either. confused Is it like a Scrubs?

InnerRise
Originally posted by -X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
Is it like a Scrubs? Not at all.

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
Not at all.

anata wa wakarimasu ka..... Ok, my bad.

Strangelove
Originally posted by silver_tears
I hate awards shows, people who deserve them never win.

*edit or even get nominated. Originally posted by Lana

Seriously, why does anyone care about these things? Well, it's a celebration of achievement in performers' respected fields. And being a theatre major in college, I watch and enjoy the Tonys, Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmys every year.

And I believe that the best people get nominated, even if the person I want to win doesn't sad

Lana
Well, it's a celebration of achievement in performers' respected fields. And being a theatre major in college, I watch and enjoy the Tonys, Oscars, Golden Globes and Emmys every year.

And I believe that the best people get nominated, even if the person I want to win doesn't sad

What's popular is usually gets nominated and wins. Not what's the best. The Grammies are the biggest offender here.

There is a huge difference between the two.

And it's not so much a 'celebration of achievement' as it's 'look, a few people think you're good, have a statue'. They really ARE meaningless.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Lana
What's popular is usually gets nominated and wins. Not what's the best. The Grammies are the biggest offender here. Well, when talking movies, that actually the opposite of reality. If we measure popularity in box office success, then it's often some of the least popular films that get nominated.

Your cynical attitude is troubling. If it's less about achievement and more about getting a pretty award, maybe we should get rid of the Nobel Prize. The Peabody Awards. Any sort of award that really means something but can be relegated to "oh, it's all about the award."

The Core
Sounds fairly boring. These awards are nothing more than bargaining chips for the actors future work.

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone else feels the Golden Globes was a rather quiet event this year?

I'd swear there is always this big Hollywood media behind them...but this year was rather hush-hush.

Anywhoo....award ceremonies give me the cramps.

Solo
Babel winning best picture? That's a ****ing gas. The fact that "Children of Men" didn't get any nods is ****ing hilarious, too.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Solo
Babel winning best picture? That's a ****ing gas. The fact that "Children of Men" didn't get any nods is ****ing hilarious, too. How big/small is the window for nominations?

Maybe Children of Men came out too late. Maybe it'll be able to get nominations next year......doubt it though.

Solo
I have no idea. It came out in Europe ages ago, though.

Strangelove
How big/small is the window for nominations?

Maybe Children of Men came out too late. Maybe it'll be able to get nominations next year......doubt it though. That was probably the case

Strangelove
I have no idea. It came out in Europe ages ago, though. The Golden Globes are run by the Hollywood Foreign Press, so they don't take European release dates into account, I'm afraid.

I think that Children of Men came out in time to be considered for the Oscars though.

naty`sweet
i feel terribly frustrated! i mean..yeah..maybe babel was better than the departed...and the other winners as well...but for God's sake,I really think DiCaprio should have win! What the f**k?i mean..come on! his performances were outstanding in both movies...and how ironic..too nominations and no prize..i start laughing when i remember how everyone said he`s the greatest this year..(and they were right..if you`ve seen The Departed and Blood diamond you`ll see what i mean)...and all those things for nothing! BAH! yeah..i do believe Forest Whitaker did an awsome job...but Leo shined! eh...whatever..i`m kinda` sure about the Oscars too...rumours...rumours...and nothing! but,hey...he still has time!Go Leo! rock

Strangelove
Originally posted by naty`sweet
i feel terribly frustrated! i mean..yeah..maybe babel was better than the departed...and the other winers as well...but for God's sake,I really think DiCaprio should have win! What the f**k?i mean..come on! his performances were outstanding in both movies...and how ironic..too nominations and no prize..i start laughing when i remember how everyone said he`s the greatest this year..(and they were right..if you`ve seen The Departed and Blood diamond you`ll see what i mean)...and all those things for nothing! BAH! yeah..i do believe Forest Whitaker did an awsome job...but Leo shined! eh...whatever..i`m kinda` sure about the Oscars too...rumours...rumours...and nothing! but,hey...he still has time!Go Leo! rock the two nominations are why he didn't win. The voters split.

InnerRise
When someone is giving a speeh and either is going on for too long or is trying to be funny when they're not or makes a funny joke but drags it out to the point where it isn't funny anymore or is just so shocked and touched that they won an award that they aren't talking right or not at all or crying........................................I always cringe and am just feeling either bad for them, holding my breath, praying that they will stop and things like that.

Whatever is appropriate for the situation.

I hate watching Robin Williams on tv. Whether it's accepting an award or doing an interview.

He just doesn't know when to stop. It's so painful.

Solo
i feel terribly frustrated! i mean..yeah..maybe babel was better than the departed...and the other winners as well...but for God's sake,I really think DiCaprio should have win! What the f**k?i mean..come on! his performances were outstanding in both movies...and how ironic..too nominations and no prize..i start laughing when i remember how everyone said he`s the greatest this year..(and they were right..if you`ve seen The Departed and Blood diamond you`ll see what i mean)...and all those things for nothing! BAH! yeah..i do believe Forest Whitaker did an awsome job...but Leo shined! eh...whatever..i`m kinda` sure about the Oscars too...rumours...rumours...and nothing! but,hey...he still has time!Go Leo! rock
Babel is too bland, and nothing new. We've seen it all before. It's one of the worst films of the year. The Departed was, by far, the best film that was nominated. Forest Whitaker had it coming, he's a fantastic actor and has been ignored for years.

naty`sweet
the two nominations are why he didn't win. The voters split.
yeah..you`re right.. smile but God i`m frustrated! he really deserved to win big grin i have to take a really long bath and some pills to feel better lol

naty`sweet
Babel is too bland, and nothing new. We've seen it all before. It's one of the worst films of the year. The Departed was, by far, the best film that was nominated. Forest Whitaker had it coming, he's a fantastic actor and has been ignored for years.
I said "maybe" cuz i didn`t see the movie...although i really think that no movie can be as good as TD this year big grin

Solo
I said "maybe" cuz i didn`t see the movie...although i really think that no movie can be as good as TD this year big grin
Oh, I know. I was just continuing my rant.

naty`sweet
well...after seeing Forest Whitaker's acceptance( quite late btw..cuz i`m from romania)...i`m happy that he won..that actor`s really been ignored for quite a time...he was even crying...well..he deserved the globe...but i really hope leo gets at least nominated to the academy awards smile

Funkadelic
Prince won!

InnerRise
Prince was late and didn't get to accept???doped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.