Poor Girl!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Dalek
RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- A mother found her 4-year-old daughter decapitated in her home, and the child's father was arrested early Saturday in Washington, D.C.

Amber Violette, called 911 on Friday evening, saying she had found her daughter, Katlin, with her head severed from her body, Clayton Police Chief Glen Allen said.

"It's the most horrific thing I've seen in 13 years of police work," Clayton Sgt. S. P. Lapsley said.

Deputy U.S. marshals arrested the girl's father, John Patrick Violette, in Washington at a hotel near Capitol Hill, Lapsley said.

Investigators found Violette's vehicle at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, learned he had taken a flight to Washington, and tracked his credit card to the hotel, Lapsley said.

Police said Violette, 37, would be held in Washington pending an extradition on a murder charge expected to be filed in Clayton, about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh. The U.S. Marshals Service said an extradition hearing is expected to be held Tuesday.

SOURCE http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/13/dad.sought.ap/index.html

Symmetric Chaos
why did they immediatly go after the father?

Barker
What the f**k?

Faceman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
why did they immediatly go after the father? Cause he's acting guilty, im sure they also have some evidence....

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Faceman
Cause he's acting guilty, im sure they also have some evidence....

I didn't say he wasn't acting guilty.

But they had to go get him to discover he was fleeing the area.

When someone's family is killed do you track them down in order to arrest them before anything else?

Faceman

When someone's family is killed do you track them down in order to arrest them before anything else? The Fourth Amendment states that no citizen will get arrested, but upon probable cause. I guess the police had probable cause.

RedAlertv2
Why is this worthy of a thread?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Why is this worthy of a thread?

People died don't you care at all!

laughing

Faceman

When someone's family is killed do you track them down in order to arrest them before anything else? And O.J. was innocent.... eek! laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
And O.J. was innocent.... eek! laughing out loud

laughing out loud

I was just thinking about how there was no evidence at all listed in the article

it seems odd to me that the father would be the first person the cops go after

Faceman
laughing out loud

I was just thinking about how there was no evidence at all listed in the article

it seems odd to me that the father would be the first person the cops go after I know how cops think. embarrasment Anyways cops use this term called reasonable suspicion, just to interrogate anyone they think may be involved in a crime....

Oncewhite
Not trying to bait anyone, but I find it odd that all these "white" crimes come up around MLK's holiday, all of the sudden, the news is of a white guy that robbed and killed someone and another one that was FINALLY caught molesting 2 boys...all on time for MLK celebration...next year, we will see if the trend continues...finding out what KIND of news is reported, it all is so sad, any kids who are molested, anyone who robs and kills a clerk...but I find all of this NEWS are all white men and reported around MLK weekend. and now this one, of a white guy who decapatates his kid? Really, that's sad news, but I find this just weird and convenient around MLK weekend, most of the crazy or bazaar news are of white men killing or molesting.

Strangelove
I know how cops think. embarrasment Anyways cops use this term called reasonable suspicion, just to interrogate anyone they think may be involved in a crime.... You don't need probable cause to question someone, they probably gained their probable cause from that.

And maybe the father had a history of abuse. Or maybe he left fingerprints.

botankus
I live in Clayton and this happened about 2 miles from my house. There were helicopters out Friday afternoon, but I didn't really pay too much attention to them until my friend (who works at the Spirit gas station 1/2 mile from there) came over and told me about it. He gives the cops all free coffee and they talk, so he knows a little bit extra than what the media gave to the public. The entire episode was shocking. The suspect worked at the Lowe's at Highway 42 and Interstate 40...seen him a few times but of course never paid him any mind in the past.

I was waiting for this to become a KMC thread but I wasn't going to start it. Also, if you want local coverage of this thing, try www.wral.com instead of cnn.

Council#13
Originally posted by Black Dalek
RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- A mother found her 4-year-old daughter decapitated in her home, and the child's father was arrested early Saturday in Washington, D.C.

Amber Violette, called 911 on Friday evening, saying she had found her daughter, Katlin, with her head severed from her body, Clayton Police Chief Glen Allen said.

"It's the most horrific thing I've seen in 13 years of police work," Clayton Sgt. S. P. Lapsley said.

Deputy U.S. marshals arrested the girl's father, John Patrick Violette, in Washington at a hotel near Capitol Hill, Lapsley said.

Investigators found Violette's vehicle at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, learned he had taken a flight to Washington, and tracked his credit card to the hotel, Lapsley said.

Police said Violette, 37, would be held in Washington pending an extradition on a murder charge expected to be filed in Clayton, about 15 miles southeast of Raleigh. The U.S. Marshals Service said an extradition hearing is expected to be held Tuesday.

SOURCE http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/13/dad.sought.ap/index.html

no I heard about that. Terrible. Absolutely terrible. For everyone. What kind of sicko would do such a thing, I wonder.

Faceman
Originally posted by Strangelove
You don't need probable cause to question someone, they probably gained their probable cause from that.

And maybe the father had a history of abuse. Or maybe he left fingerprints. No you need probable cause to arrest, not to question....

outroaring
hmm. that sucks..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.