Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jashjr
Sorry I could not resist starting another thread about the new Wonder Woman Movie....but here it goes........Hands down should be................Lucy Lawless Happy Dance

roughrider
Lucy Lawless has turned this role down repeatedly, in the past. She may not even be that right for it - she looks better as a blonde.
The rumour is that Sophia Bush is the frontrunner.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Lucy Lawless would have been Wonder Woman after Xena was cancelled. She has though turned down the role. As for Sophia Bush; Sophia is hot and gorgeous but like so many other rumors is wrong for the role. Wonder Woman is 6 feet tall. Don't we remember the tv show; Lynda Carter is 5ft. 10inches tall. You need someone with body and she must be at least 5ft. 10.

jashjr
Originally posted by roughrider
Lucy Lawless has turned this role down repeatedly, in the past. She may not even be that right for it - she looks better as a blonde.
The rumour is that Sophia Bush is the frontrunner.

ok I can see her as Wonder Woman but she is not as tall or Statuess

LORDSIDIOUS01
Lucy Lawless is very tall and statuesque. How about Blake Lively. I believe she is 6ft. tall or close to it. And she has body.

Darth Vicious
MY pick is, Monica Belluci. She has the beauty, the body but more importantly she is an amazing actress.

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
MY pick is, Monica Belluci. She has the beauty, the body but more importantly she is an amazing actress.

she was my first pick as well, i just don't know if she's young enough to do it...

Draco69
Lucy Lawless is far too old. And she's Xena for life. Everyone is gonna remember her as Xena like Sarah Michelle Gellar is stuck as Buffy for life.

Casting Lucy (who played a character homeage to WW in the first place) as WW wouldn't be wise.

Scoobless
Johnny Depp? he seems to be able to play just about any role. This may be a tad more challenging from a purely cosmetic standpoint but I think he could pull it off.

smile

LORDSIDIOUS01
Enough Lucy Lawless talk. Not gonna happen. As for Monica Bellucci- Hot, but short. Why don't they just cancel making this film until someone who is 6ft. tall with body is available.

Supreme being
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Enough Lucy Lawless talk. Not gonna happen. As for Monica Bellucci- Hot, but short. Why don't they just cancel making this film until someone who is 6ft. tall with body is available.

You know Hollywood to them its all about the Benjamin's, right now superheros are the in thing so Hollywood is going to milk it for everything its worth.

roughrider
Joel Silver and Joss Whedon first annouced they were doing this in 2005, for a release in 2007. They have had enough time to choose someone by now. They don't start shooting by the end of this month, there's no way they're making even a Christmas release.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Supreme being
You know Hollywood to them its all about the Benjamin's, right now superheros are the in thing so Hollywood is going to milk it for everything its worth. You are right. Thing is with Wonder Woman, Someone that is 5ft. tall to 5ft. 8 will not work.

FOOM
Vivica Fox

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by FOOM
Vivica Fox I didn't realize Diana Prince was african-america. Don't get e wrong. Vivica Fox is hot and she kicked ass in Kill Bill part one but as Wonder Woman, She will not work.

Trolt
just CGI this shit..or make her run around on heels.

Or alternatively...clear camera angles and casting other characters and extra being extra short will make her appear taller as well.

MattDay
they tend nowadays to make the actor/actress stand on an elevation to make them look taller, this is an easy thing to get over, just make sure the girl is tanned, pearl blue eyes... or contacts! lol

Black hair and in brillaint shape, like a fitness model... but not a body building type model the sexy ones i mean.

MattDay
She'd make a good wonder woman, she looks good fighting and dying her hair black and blue contacts, she's look brilliant to be wonder woman!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by MattDay
She'd make a good wonder woman, she looks good fighting and dying her hair black and blue contacts, she's look brilliant to be wonder woman!

Don't know who this is. She's not though. Is she tall? Probably not.

MattDay
jessica biel ! she was in STEALTH, blade trinity to name just two, she's way better than the crap they got so far...

MattDay
she's 5' 9 " and like i said a little elevation can be done, they did it in green mile with micheal duncan smith so why not? lord of the dorks?

LORDSIDIOUS01
she's 5' 9 " and like i said a little elevation can be done, they did it in green mile with micheal duncan smith so why not? lord of the dorks?

Loved The Green Mile. Don't think they did anything to make Mike Duncan tall. As for Jessica Biel, She is not repeat not 5ft. 9. Besides she has been long rumored and mostly likely out of it.

MattDay
micheal duncan isnt seven to eight foot tall... so I'm going to take everything u say with a pinch of salt from now on... who knows what you could justify

LORDSIDIOUS01
micheal duncan isnt seven to eight foot tall... so I'm going to take everything u say with a pinch of salt from now on... who knows what you could justify

He isn't a giant either. I know Jessica Biel personally. She isn't 5ft. 9. She is exactly 5ft. 8. Learn to read and then talk to me about facts.

MattDay
... "i" "know" "jessica" "biel" "personally"... personally dont do the ugly american thing where u make **** up...! and micheal duncan smith i repeat, micheal duncan smith was portraid in green mile as a giant... over 7 feet tall, if u have seen the film, u'll remember the scene where he walks to his cell with everyone else not even at shoulder height with him... why lie? i know ur wrong anyway lol

LORDSIDIOUS01
... "i" "know" "jessica" "biel" "personally"... personally dont do the ugly american thing where u make **** up...! and micheal duncan smith i repeat, micheal duncan smith was portraid in green mile as a giant... over 7 feet tall, if u have seen the film, u'll remember the scene where he walks to his cell with everyone else not even at shoulder height with him... why lie? i know ur wrong anyway lol

I thought his name is Michael Clark Duncan

MattDay
lol i couldnt remember his name correctly, 2 out of 3 aint bad!

But yeah he was elevated during the whole film, luckily he's a massive guy anyway, so he looked normal even at over 7 feet, but anyway who ever they get, small lifts here and there to their height in scenes of the film is a quick and easy solution to an actress perfect for the role but not exactly the right height.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Still don't think so. Let me research this.

Entity
Won't happen now but still would be perfect IMO!

Cobie Smulders from How I Met Your Mother.
I can't picture a better actress for the part. And DAMN she looks prefect in that pic.

roughrider
Well, Adrianne Palicki has been cast for the new TV series.

This just feels like a step backward; TV instead of a movie appearance.

The Punisher got three tries!

Bouboumaster
boring series about boring character

roughrider
Originally posted by Entity
Won't happen now but still would be perfect IMO!

Cobie Smulders from How I Met Your Mother.
I can't picture a better actress for the part. And DAMN she looks prefect in that pic.

Funny coincidence - Cobie Smulders instead has been cast as Maria Hill for the upcoming Avengers movie.

Meanwhile , the new Wonder Woman and her costume... erm

http://ca.tv.yahoo.com/blog/see-the-first-photo-of-adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman--2569

Can't say I'm impressed. Looks like a Halloween rental.

Why is Batman the only DC character where they feel they can alter his look to something more realistic on screen?
They can honor parts of Wonder Woman's look, but define it better for this generation by making her look like a warrior from an immortal race. Take a look at Jim Lee's rendering of her from Superman: For Tomorrow, for what I mean.

RE: Blaxican
Yeah, that outfit looks like crap.

It's kind of odd. Xena didn't look to bad. Why is Wonder Woman so hard to make look like... not shit?

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/xena-warrior-princess8370.jpg

I mean, c'mon.

Doctor-Alvis
I think it's because Xena's costume didn't stab your eyes with the American flag.

Q99
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

It's kind of odd. Xena didn't look to bad. Why is Wonder Woman so hard to make look like... not shit?

I mean, c'mon.

Probably because Xena's doesn't look shiney, it has more substance to it.

Xena's with different colors would do much better.

Something like this or this would be the thing to do for a RL costume.

roughrider

I mean, c'mon.

A decade ago, DC repeatedly offered the Wonder Woman film role to Lucy Lawless, but she kept turning them down. Wonder why...did she think she would be typecast?

I think you guys are right. It's the colors. Like, even the alternatives Q listed don't look good, better than what's currently going on, but not by much.

It's just... red, white and blue always looks like shit in real life. Captain America's outfit in the new movie looks like crap as well, imo.

roughrider
I think you guys are right. It's the colors. Like, even the alternatives Q listed don't look good, better than what's currently going on, but not by much.

It's just... red, white and blue always looks like shit in real life. Captain America's outfit in the new movie looks like crap as well, imo.

No - on Cap the colours work, and there's a subtlety to the fabric design. And it's not like they are putting him on the big screen exactly how he looks in the comic.

I can't stand his costume, personally. It looks cheesy to me. Looks way better than the WW costume, but it still looks cheesy imo.

super pr*xy
lucy lawless.. droolio i forgot how hot she looked in that xena costume.. as for the new WW costume.. pass!! the concepts posted were way better than the actual costume.. they should really re-think the shiny-ness of that costume.. its so shiny, i feel like it's gonna give somebody a seizure..

I keep coming in here just to look at that picture, lol. She was fine. I wish I was old enough to appreciate that show back when it was airing.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by roughrider
No - on Cap the colours work, and there's a subtlety to the fabric design. And it's not like they are putting him on the big screen exactly how he looks in the comic.
Cap's costume is predominately blue and white. It still looks cheesy as crap but it's not quite as bad.

roughrider
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Cap's costume is predominately blue and white. It still looks cheesy as crap but it's not quite as bad.

Not wearing red underwear/swimming trunks on the outside helps to streamline his design.

You know how much more streamlined Superman would look if they took off the red drawers and just left a belt? (Or gave him matching blue trunks like Cap?)

roughrider

I mean, c'mon.

They can find a compromise between the mythological and the modern, if they really want. Are there that many action figures sold of Diana in her classic outfit for them to care?

super pr*xy
I keep coming in here just to look at that picture, lol. She was fine. I wish I was old enough to appreciate that show back when it was airing.

hulu.. gift from the geek gods..

Zack Fair
Xena....Warrior Goddess....drool

super pr*xy
i love me some xena.. the t!ts, the thighs, the ambiguous lesbian attraction with the sidekick.. it's a pubescent boy's wet dream..

super pr*xy
they made some changes.. it's not so shiny anymore.. but equally shitty? the shiny pants and the high-heeled boots are gone..

roughrider
Wow...threads like this CAN make a difference!
Due to fan complaints in the blog-sphere, the costume has already been altered.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/wonder-woman-costume-gets-an-upgrade--2645

super pr*xy
i was surprised myself.. if that is the case, the have a great production.. they actually listen to the fans.. if only a lot more shows listened to fans.. /sigh..

chomperx9
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-euJtIuQAr2Q/TZN924XFKhI/AAAAAAAAWsE/ez7cbQzFN2s/s1600/033011.jpg

sad

Mindship
Originally posted by super pr*xy
they made some changes.. it's not so shiny anymore.. but equally shitty? the shiny pants and the high-heeled boots are gone.. I liked the first version better. Now it looks like she's wearing designer jeans with ill-fitting boots.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindship
I liked the first version better. Now it looks like she's wearing designer jeans with ill-fitting boots. Agreed

super pr*xy
the top's sheen looks like candy roll-ups.. this could be so much better.. it's hard to pull it off with the pants.. linda carter did a great job with the "panties".. i think a xena-like skirt would be a good update/change..

Entity
If they wanna do it either do it right and make Diana look like a warrior or not at all.

Thou personally, I can't see anything topping this for a WW look.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cyiss4.jpg

the ninjak
That pic is fantastic!

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by chomperx9
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-euJtIuQAr2Q/TZN924XFKhI/AAAAAAAAWsE/ez7cbQzFN2s/s1600/033011.jpg

sad
That's a hell of a runner's face.

This looks like a screen shot from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia or something.

super pr*xy
If they wanna do it either do it right and make Diana look like a warrior or not at all.

Thou personally, I can't see anything topping this for a WW look.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2cyiss4.jpg

i 2nd that motion..

zeel
just by looking at the new wonder woman pictures, all i can say is.

i aint watching it. My brothers daughter was wonder woman for halloween last year and we bought her outfit at the masquarade costume store for $22.00 and it looks better then this piece of zhit. And the new chick playing wonder woman,doesnt have the phyisique or mucle tone like say jessica biel. She dont look like a warrior at all. She looks an atractive,skinny no mucle toned woman with big boobs thats constipated. In all honesty Linda Carters granny shorts looked sexier then this new outfit.

yet another bad choice made by D.C. comics.

tkitna
Wow, does that look cheesy. That looks like it was done in the early 80's. How good can this possibly be?

Entity
I wish I coulda been a fly on the wall in the DC board room when they decided they were going to just make all productions besides Batman crap! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously how stupid are the people that confirm these things? laughing

-Pr-
I wish I coulda been a fly on the wall in the DC board room when they decided they were going to just make all productions besides Batman crap! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously how stupid are the people that confirm these things? laughing

Not seen the GL trailer?

Entity
confused

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not seen the GL trailer? Seen the trailer and I'm still not feeling Reynolds as Hal Jordon by any means but even so, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a good trailer to what was revealed to be a crappy movie.

If you really wanna go deep and include the offshot imprints DC owns then I'll also give you V for Vendetta, The Losers, A History of Violence n Red all as solid films but thats still barely like 1/4 of the movies they've released in the past 30 years!

-Pr-
confused

Seen the trailer and I'm still not feeling Reynolds as Hal Jordon by any means but even so, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen a good trailer to what was revealed to be a crappy movie.

If you really wanna go deep and include the offshot imprints DC owns then I'll also give you V for Vendetta, The Losers, A History of Violence n Red all as solid films but thats still barely like 1/4 of the movies they've released in the past 30 years!

You don't like Reynolds as Hal?

Entity
Originally posted by -Pr-
You don't like Reynolds as Hal? Not from anything I've seen so far. And don't get me wrong I love Reynolds, all the way back to Two guy a girl and a pizza place. Hell I've said more than once he's among my favorite actors. But he's got a certain set of types he can play and based on everything I've ever seen of him Hal Jordon isn't one of them.

Wade Wilson/Deadpool - Absolutely
Wally West/Flash - Totally

But these's characters are jus fun n exciting jokers. Rarely ever in true danger due to the nature of their powers making them basically untouchable. Something I've never seen Hal be when well written is goofing off joking and not taking things seriously. Hell I don't know I've ever even seen him really written like that at all. I've heard some people here keep saying Ryan is good for a Hal because Hal jokes like that. What GLs joke like Reynolds does? Being a GL is about nearly constint seriousness n concentration. There's really not room for clowns and goof offs in a solider millitary type police force of a cosmic scale. Especially when facing their most dire threat yet.

Well I call bs and wanna see scans of Hal from decent archs where he acted half like Ryan typically does in movies. Please! confused

When did they ever show Renolds joking as the Green Lantern? Most of the joking I saw from him was when he was just a fighter jock or w/e.

The angle I'm assuming they're going for is that he's a cocky flyboy joker at first, and then once he becomes a Lantern his character develops and he becomes more serious and responsible.

Yes, I know, sounds completely like Tony Stark. But what can you do?

roughrider
Originally posted by zeel
just by looking at the new wonder woman pictures, all i can say is.

i aint watching it. My brothers daughter was wonder woman for halloween last year and we bought her outfit at the masquarade costume store for $22.00 and it looks better then this piece of zhit. And the new chick playing wonder woman,doesnt have the phyisique or mucle tone like say jessica biel. She dont look like a warrior at all. She looks an atractive,skinny no mucle toned woman with big boobs thats constipated. In all honesty Linda Carters granny shorts looked sexier then this new outfit.

yet another bad choice made by D.C. comics.

David E. Kelley (Ally McBeal, Boston Legal) is writing & producing. So I don't think this will last, even if Warners & DC are aiming to turn this into the next Smallville.

Allankles
When did they ever show Renolds joking as the Green Lantern? Most of the joking I saw from him was when he was just a fighter jock or w/e.

The angle I'm assuming they're going for is that he's a cocky flyboy joker at first, and then once he becomes a Lantern his character develops and he becomes more serious and responsible.

Yes, I know, sounds completely like Tony Stark. But what can you do?

I was thinking that's how they'll go too. I like Reynolds too but his typical approach wouldn't suite Hal Jordan. He was out of place in Blade 3, let's hope it's not the same here.

Entity
NBC Passes on Wonder Woman

hysterical

Q99
Well, good. It wasn't impressive.

roughrider
Maybe the good news is, they will get back to working on a big screen treatment of her. But they need to change their attitude about it.

Jaimie Alexander - currently playing Sif in THOR - has said she turned down the role more than once, because she doesn't feel the producers treat Diana seriously as an Amazon Warrior Princess. They just want to her to gallivant around like a super powered showgirl.

Well, it can take getting embarrassed to get serious. DC/Warners got serious again on Batman after the failure of BATMAN & ROBIN, so maybe this will be the push they need.

Entity
You know I hadn't thought about it but I could see Jamie Alexander being a good choice. Especially after seeing her in Thor.

Zack Fair
Indeed droolio

Would it really be that hard to get serious with Diana? She has lots of potential IMHO.

roughrider
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Indeed droolio

Would it really be that hard to get serious with Diana? She has lots of potential IMHO.

Apparently. I know the Lynda Carter TV was kind of fun, but we don't want to see that again.
The aborted film version Joss Whedon was working on, he talked about how necessary it was to change Diana's image (ie. the silly costume.) The film didn't get made, so we see where that discussion went.

Plus, there is fear that a megabudget superhero film with a female lead won't succeed, unless you have Angelina Jolie (and her power is fading now...)

Badabing
It looked like crap. Starting with the first costume. ermm

I don't think Wonder Woman as a character has enough charisma to have the spotlight to herself in her own movie or show. She would do better as a support character who busts out with some bad assery in every scene she's in, rather than be the titular character.

Omega Vision
I don't think Wonder Woman as a character has enough charisma to have the spotlight to herself in her own movie or show. She would do better as a support character who busts out with some bad assery in every scene she's in, rather than be the titular character.
Gale Simone would disagree.

Gale Simone can suck mah dick.

I dunno who Gale Simone is.

edit- Google'd her. Ewwww. She can leave mah dick alone actually.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Gale Simone would disagree.

And look at her arcs. stick out tongue

darthmaul1
Just heard on EP daily that the show has been turfed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.