NHL/AHL/ECHL/WHL Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IceMan33
i was searching this thread...and i noticed every sport represented excpet hockey...and is the WWE even a sport? cmon people! ik theres some hockey fans out there!

i live in Omaha, NE and we have possibly the best hockey town ever. We have the Omaha Aksarben Knights (AHL affilate of the Calgary Flames) the University of Nebraska at Omaha Mavericks (our college team, they play in the CCHA) and the Omaha Lancers (who suck lol). we support 3 teams...and on any given fri/saturday ovr 11,000 people in this city go to c these teams.

so wuts everyones favortie teams, players...greatest hockey moments of all time...post some stuff, lets talk some hockey!

GO KNIGHTS!

forumcrew
not a huge hockey guy but im with you on the wwe thing. I get so tired of having 20 wrestling threads on the page.

I used to love going to some minor league hockey games in N.C. though. I just dont think it translates to TV well.

botankus
Originally posted by IceMan33
i live in Omaha, NE and we have possibly the best hockey town ever. We have the Omaha Aksarben Knights (AHL affilate of the Calgary Flames) the University of Nebraska at Omaha Mavericks (our college team, they play in the CCHA) and the Omaha Lancers (who suck lol). we support 3 teams...and on any given fri/saturday ovr 11,000 people in this city go to c these teams.

That is impressive.

IceMan33
i wish theyd show more hockey on regular TV...who gives a damn about the NBA...i can remember sunday mornings waking up to a hockey game on ABC, that was like 03-04 before they had the lockout. now the AHL has a huge following cuz thats all ppl had during the lockout season, and a lot of teams actually have their own networks. Chicago currently has two teams, the Blackhawks of the NHL and the Wolves of the AHL, both have networks in Chicago and the surrounding area, and theyr both very successful. i wish Omaha had their own network...we are lucky to even get highlights on the news. Everyone luuuuuvs UNO...granted, wev only been in the leage since last season and more fans r switching from boring College hockey to the AHL game...its great to watch these guys, theyr one step from the NHL. they pretty much give their all every night theyr on the ice. its amazing

-hh-
Hockey died my friend sad

every game i go to nowadays just doesn't feel the same. i remember going to hockey games back in 98-2001 constantly. the games were exciting and more entertaining.

i dont know what happened now. maybe i got sick of hockey (i doubt) or the new rules have really had an effect on me.

anyway, Go LA Kings!

Kopitar is a BEAST!

JacopeX
and is the WWE even a sport? cmon people!
Actually WWE is based on Wrestling. Acting? yes Wrestling? Yes.

Wrestling is a sport accordingly. Therefore you are wrong. wink

IceMan33
hockey isnt dead...NHL hockey might b dead, but AHL hockey is alive! during the lockout all the fans had was the AHL, most of the players from the NHL went to the AHL to play. some went to leagues in Europe and Asia as well...but the fan base in the AHL has stayed steady now that the NHL is bak...so i wuld agree, hockey MIGHT b dead at certain levels...not the AHL level!

-hh-
Originally posted by JacopeX
Actually WWE is based on Wrestling. Acting? yes Wrestling? Yes.

Wrestling is a sport accordingly. Therefore you are wrong. wink

fake wrestlers = Undertaker, John Cena, etc...

real wrestlers = Josh Barnett, Oleg Taktarov, Randy Couture, Takanori Gomi etc..

-hh-
hockey isnt dead...NHL hockey might b dead, but AHL hockey is alive! during the lockout all the fans had was the AHL, most of the players from the NHL went to the AHL to play. some went to leagues in Europe and Asia as well...but the fan base in the AHL has stayed steady now that the NHL is bak...so i wuld agree, hockey MIGHT b dead at certain levels...not the AHL level! i was never too big on AHL.

Smasandian
i was searching this thread...and i noticed every sport represented excpet hockey...and is the WWE even a sport? cmon people! ik theres some hockey fans out there!

so wuts everyones favortie teams, players...greatest hockey moments of all time...post some stuff, lets talk some hockey!

GO KNIGHTS!

Your town is not the best hockey team ever. Far from it. Any Canadian town from major cities like TO and Edmonton (craziest muth****ers ever), to hick town's in the Manitoba prairies are better hockey towns. No offense though, but hockey is a religion in Canada.

IceMan33
i totally understand hockey in Canada...its much like baseball or american FB...i wish i lived in Canada, i cant get enough of hockey...but hockey wasnt introduced in Omaha till the 70s/80s and its really taken off from there...from my perspective (nvr have been outside of the US), Omaha is an amazing hockey town

-hh-
Originally posted by Smasandian
Your town is not the best hockey team ever. Far from it. Any Canadian town from major cities like TO and Edmonton (craziest muth****ers ever), to hick town's in the Manitoba prairies are better hockey towns. No offense though, but hockey is a religion in Canada. the Canadians and Russians take hockey far too seriously compared to the U.S.

IceMan33
ya i wish that digital cable stations had the leagues from around the world...the NHL is fun to watch, but the stuff from Canada and Russia wuld b kewl 2 c too. iv heard that theyr super intense leagues, a lot more so than the NHL, AHL or ne leage here in the states

-hh-
ya i wish that digital cable stations had the leagues from around the world...the NHL is fun to watch, but the stuff from Canada and Russia wuld b kewl 2 c too. iv heard that theyr super intense leagues, a lot more so than the NHL, AHL or ne leage here in the states player wise, yes, but from what i hear, the USA rinks have the best ice to play on.

wuTa
Originally posted by -hh-

real wrestlers = Josh Barnett, Oleg Taktarov, Randy Couture, Takanori Gomi etc..

Where's Sakuraba?

IceMan33
what do yall think about the state of the USA Hockey program? is a change needed...do we need to stop using "super stars" from the NHL? or mayb pick from a better talent pool cuz we always gets smashed by everyone else in the Olympics

JacopeX
Originally posted by -hh-

real wrestlers = Josh Barnett, Oleg Taktarov, Randy Couture, Takanori Gomi etc.. Actually, I bet anything that if John Cena was not in WWE, you would actually count him as a real wrestler. Yes I am familiar with foreign wrestlers from MExico, Japan, and Canada. Especially some indies in the USA. If Undertaker were to wrestle in Japan, he is a real wrestler. Period. Reason why is because he would do all wrestling moves besides having to not be able to do the wrestling moves vince tells him not to do. john Cena is talentless yes, and thats why wrestling is also part of the storyline in WWE, same with TNA (Gay. Yea I am a TNA smark) and other wrestling promotions despite indies. If you were to see a WWE wrestlier work alone, they would show there true talent.

IceMan33
hockey forum...go to the WWE forum

JacopeX
hockey forum...go to the WWE forum

and is the WWE even a sport?

Irony?

Smasandian
What's so ironic about that.

The US hockey team will never be as good as the Ruskies and the Canadians. You might win a few tournments here and there, but it's just that Canadians are better, while the Russians are second.

We have too much minor league hockey teams to get the talent pool from. It's kinda of not fair to other countries.

JacopeX
He Started a question if "WWE" (Or Wrestling) is a sport, yet he wants me to leave and talk about it somewhere else.

LinixCobra
WWE is not a sport, WWE themselves even say its not a sport. WWE stands for World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT

JacopeX
Originally posted by LinixCobra
WWE is not a sport, WWE themselves even say its not a sport. WWE stands for World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT True, but The reason why its called entertainment is for there. Wrestling and Fake storylines. I mean, how the hell can you fake a moonsault into someone from a high ladder?

IceMan33
its also not fair that coaches of players that made the USA team tell their players not to put forth much effort...to save themselves for w.e team he plays for in the NHL...its crap, if theyr gonna do that i say have open tryouts like we did in 1980, that seemed to work out great. id say make Herb Brooks the coach again, but he passed in 2004. i think there definatley needs to b a change with the program. a different style of hockey perhaps, develop something new that no one has evr seen. im not sayin that this wuld happen super quick, but mayb start phasing in changes now, develop the players and the techniques and then c were that leaves us. i think USA hockey is prolly the most embarassing thing now...we were good until the NHL started "loaning" players for the games. i think every NHL player has the right to play for his country, i just dont think it's rite that he is told to hold bak and not put forth a lot of effort.

-hh-
Originally posted by JacopeX
I mean, how the hell can you fake a moonsault into someone from a high ladder?

it's called practicing and the "fights" are not really "wrestling". It's American Wrestling. No reality and it's all antics.

you want wrestling?

watch Randy Couture and Takanori Gomi in their fights.

Smasandian
its also not fair that coaches of players that made the USA team tell their players not to put forth much effort...to save themselves for w.e team he plays for in the NHL...its crap, if theyr gonna do that i say have open tryouts like we did in 1980, that seemed to work out great. id say make Herb Brooks the coach again, but he passed in 2004. i think there definatley needs to b a change with the program. a different style of hockey perhaps, develop something new that no one has evr seen. im not sayin that this wuld happen super quick, but mayb start phasing in changes now, develop the players and the techniques and then c were that leaves us. i think USA hockey is prolly the most embarassing thing now...we were good until the NHL started "loaning" players for the games. i think every NHL player has the right to play for his country, i just dont think it's rite that he is told to hold bak and not put forth a lot of effort.

I'm sorry, but it isnt just the State's who has NHLers on the countries squads.

I'm pretty sure every other country has them.

But it doesnt matter, just look at your junior team, which is a good relation to how well the US will have players in the future, and the team does have some talent, its nowhere near as good as the Russians or Canadians.

IceMan33
i def agree...the Canadians and Russians r brought up on hockey. we howevr rnt lol. we kick @$$ in a lot of other winter sports...the future of USA hockey does look promising tho, we just need a good coach to lead them

RecSpecs110
who gives a damn about the NBA

I do.

And I don't give a damn about hockey.

IceMan33
ok then dont post in this forum? i think theres about a million different NBA ones...ne body live in a town with a pro/minor league team? if so, who are they wut league and give some bak ground.

i live in Omaha, NE. The Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights franchise was restarted here last season (05-06). We are called the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights b.c bak in the 50s and 60s was wen we got our first hockey team who were affiliated with the NY Rangers. so i guess theyr honoring that team. The original Knights were here until about 1970 and then they left. Omaha was w.o a hockey team for about 10 yrs until the Omaha Lancers were created. And then we added another team in 1997, the UNO Mavericks.

we have the Calgary Flames uniforms, with a Knights helmet for our crest which is fused with the back side of the Calgary C that they have on their jerseys. Look up Omaha Aksarben Knights on google n ull c wut im talkn about. the one thing i h8 about AHL rules is that we have to wear white uniforms on home ice, and red on the road. exact opposites in the NHL, not sure about other leagues. Our red uniforms r a lot better.

Nellinator
Your town is not the best hockey team ever. Far from it. Any Canadian town from major cities like TO and Edmonton (craziest muth****ers ever), to hick town's in the Manitoba prairies are better hockey towns. No offense though, but hockey is a religion in Canada.
<---Edmonton man. I live in Edmonton and I can tell you there was nothing like the cup run we had last year, riots and everything it was crazy. And I'm born in Calgary, which is my favourite team, who had the cup run before the lockout and that was sweet too, riots and everything. But they both lost in Game 7 sad, my heart can't take that one more time.

In relation to everything else on this thread:
America does have a good national team and the junior and minor hockey programs are quickly improving and I honestly feel that the Americans have a stronger program than the Russians do nowadays. However, the Russians have a handful of superstars that make their national team amazing, but the depth of the American system makes it better. That said, the depth of the Canadian system is what makes us great. We could probably field three gold medal contending teams at the Olympic level if we were allowed and the AHL is made of a huge percentage of Canadian players. I think the upward trend in the American system has a lot to do with Gretzky coming down to America and working to develop it from the little leagues and up. The old guys that won the World Cup in '96 need to get out of the way and eventually the promising young stars (Parise, Jack and Erik Johnson, Paul Kane, Phil Kessel, etc.) from the recent world junior teams will make America a strong contender again. I think it will help America in the next decade to have a strong goaltender (which they have lacked since Richter) in Rick DiPetro.

-hh-
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
I do.

And I don't give a damn about hockey. he just said that due to the popularity of basketball in the States compared to hockey.

both are great sports.

IceMan33
Nellinator, nice pick on ur team there lol. also my favorite NHL team, not just cuz the Knights r affiliated with the Flames, but theyv been my fav. team since hell idk looong time. the Stanley Cup finals have been awsome these last 2 times...i thought 4 sure the Oilers had it...damn Canes! this yr shuld b good again, the Flames r surging rite now its amazing. Have u gotten 2 c Dave Moss or Dustin Boyd play yet? they both started the season with the Knights. Daves been gone for a long time, and i doubt he will be bak, but they keep sending down Boyd. Hes only a rookie in the AHL and hes like 10th in total pts scored for a rookie. Giordano played with OMaha last season, and Eric Godard is playing with us now but he got called up last nite. Carsen Germyn plays with us, hes been up a few times. hes got the talent to play @ the NHL level, i doubt hell b in Omaha much longer. Brandon Prust also plays with us and has gotten the call a couple of times. i bleave wev sent 9 or 10 players up to Calgary so far this season.

Nellinator
Dave Moss is really popular after getting 3 goals in his first 3 games up in the big leagues and now with 7 points in 14 games. He was a bit of a steal for a 7th round pick. I saw Boyd score his first NHL goal, but I already liked him a lot last year when he was in the WHL and played for Team Canada at the World Juniors. Calgary has had some injury problems, but even when Iginla went out they won 4 straight which shows their depth and/or the awesomeness of Kiprusoff. I consider Iginla the best all around player in the NHL and I think they have the best defensive corp in the league. Big, steady, tough d-men in Regehr, Phaneuf, Warrener and Hamrlik. Then Ference is a workhorse and Giordano does a nice job in the 6th spot.

IceMan33
i wish i had time away from skewl to go to a Calgary game, or a couple. but ill settle for the AHL for now. do the Knights get a lot of coverage down there? i mean do yall get like updates or nething? by chance were u @ the Calgary game were they showed a bunch of Knights fans on the jumbo tron? i was on there...prolly the most recognizable face on there :-D lol

Nellinator
Sadly, I have lived in Edmonton for 13 years and have never seen a Calgary game live sad, AHL doesn't get a lot of coverage in Alberta because there are no AHL teams in Alberta, but when Edmonton had the Roadrunners (now the Toronto Marlies) I watched them play. The only AHL games I get on my satellite are Marlies and the Manitoba Moose. I look in the AHL website quite a bit though because I have a friend in the AHL on Syracuse.

IceMan33
there is a Knights forum (http://knightsfans.net) we talk about knights and calgary sometimes...that has to suck livn in Edmonton and being a Calgary fan, i imagine that u catch a lot of crap from ppl wen u wear Calgary stuff lol

Nellinator
I get crap like you wouldn't believe. However, because I am also an Edmonton fan I don't get beat up.

PINBALL
I have become a pretty big Silvertips fan, I have gone to quite a few games and they are always so much fun the team is good, has always been good. Their inaugural season they made it to the finals and now they r the #1 in the WHL.... I don't car for the NHL because its too high scoring...

IceMan33
how do u pull off both Calgary AND Edmonton lol...

i have a pretty good idea of the shit u get...wenevr i travel to Boston, ill always wear my Yankees clothes...and i lived in Tennessee for most of my life, but now im in Nebraska and Nebraska ppl r HUGE on Nebraska Football...so ill wear my Tennessee FB shirts on NU game days, i catch a lot of flack.

nvr heard of the Silver Tips...r they affiliated with the Flames?

Nellinator
Originally posted by PINBALL
I have become a pretty big Silvertips fan, I have gone to quite a few games and they are always so much fun the team is good, has always been good. Their inaugural season they made it to the finals and now they r the #1 in the WHL.... I don't car for the NHL because its too high scoring...
Leland Irving is the most promising goaltender outside the NHL imo. Slightly biased because I know him and played against him. His GAA is unreal and I think he was undefeated in regulation before going to the World Juniors. I hope he makes the NHL (which I am 99% sure he will) so I can say I've scored on an NHL goalie.

Iceman:
The Silvertips are a major junior team in the WHL.

Nellinator
Woot, Calgary beat Edmonton 4-0 tonight! I got bragging rights. And Boyd scored again which is good. I think he can be a regular next year, actually probably for the rest of the year.
On another note, I forgot to mention that Leland Irving was Calgary's 1st round pick last year which is awesome.

IceMan33
i didnt kno Irving played for the Silver Tips...i hope hes in Omaha sometime. its always fun to see these guys play their hearts out every nite and leave everything on the ice. i like it wen they get calld up too...cuz u can say u saw them play minors. i cant wait till the 26th of Jan cuz the Knights r havn a post game sk8 w/ the players and u can chat with em, and sk8 and get autographs. so thatll b kewl, one day mayb ill make a bunch of $ off a Carsen Germyn autograph, or a Tomi Maki autograph...i hope Godard is sent down this week so i can get his, cuz his culd fetch a pretty penny rite now.

who do yall think has the best/worst logo of any hockey team...best/worst jerseys too...its a tough choice. the worst logo of all time wuld have to b the old Phoenix Coyotes logo lol also they fall into the worst uniforms category :-D

the best logo...the old Atlanta Flames logo was pretty sweet. it was simple, but it was awsome at the same time. the best unis i wuld have to go with...NYI, NYR and Boston Bruins alternate jerseys...NYIs r freakin sweet

Nellinator
i didnt kno Irving played for the Silver Tips...i hope hes in Omaha sometime. its always fun to see these guys play their hearts out every nite and leave everything on the ice. i like it wen they get calld up too...cuz u can say u saw them play minors. i cant wait till the 26th of Jan cuz the Knights r havn a post game sk8 w/ the players and u can chat with em, and sk8 and get autographs. so thatll b kewl, one day mayb ill make a bunch of $ off a Carsen Germyn autograph, or a Tomi Maki autograph...i hope Godard is sent down this week so i can get his, cuz his culd fetch a pretty penny rite now.

who do yall think has the best/worst logo of any hockey team...best/worst jerseys too...its a tough choice. the worst logo of all time wuld have to b the old Phoenix Coyotes logo lol also they fall into the worst uniforms category :-D

the best logo...the old Atlanta Flames logo was pretty sweet. it was simple, but it was awsome at the same time. the best unis i wuld have to go with...NYI, NYR and Boston Bruins alternate jerseys...NYIs r freakin sweet
I have to say that my least favorite jersey right now is the red Sabre's jersey. My favorite is probably the old school Maple Leafs jerseys. I also really like the Blackhawk's symbol.

IceMan33
the sabres still have red jerseys?

Nellinator
Ya, its one of their alternative jerseys, they look horrible. But I'm slightly biased because I like the old school jerseys for pretty much every team. I also hate Atlanta's baby blue alternative jerseys.

IceMan33
ya those 1s suk

Smasandian
I just relized that your title is missing the CHL ( well you have the WHL), but why not OHL and QMJHL leagues also.

Consider some of the best hockey talent has came from QMJHL and a certain somebody came from Ontario, its an wierd obmission.

IceMan33
it doesnt matter wut leagues r talked about on this thread...its really just a hockey in general forum. thats just wut i put for the title

Nellinator
I just relized that your title is missing the CHL ( well you have the WHL), but why not OHL and QMJHL leagues also.

Consider some of the best hockey talent has came from QMJHL and a certain somebody came from Ontario, its an wierd obmission.
I hate the QMJHL. The league lacks depth and defense is a forgotten word in that league. They produce many very good forwards and I think as a result good goalies (although the WHL appears to be gaining), but they lack in solid defensemen. There are a few good ones, but its too low for my liking as I value a completeness to the game. I like the OHL because it has a nice balance between forwards and defensemen, but they lack goalies. The WHL produces some of the toughest players, good defensemen, and goalies, but there isn't enough scoring. I think that players coming out of the WHL are best prepared for the NHL as it is the toughest league of the three.

IceMan33
idk much about those ones...ik a little about the WHL, but im mostly familiar with the ECHL, AHL, and NHL...and a little of the Euro leagues

DarkC
Originally posted by Nellinator
Woot, Calgary beat Edmonton 4-0 tonight! I got bragging rights. And Boyd scored again which is good. I think he can be a regular next year, actually probably for the rest of the year.
On another note, I forgot to mention that Leland Irving was Calgary's 1st round pick last year which is awesome.
They reassigned Moss! I mean WTF?! He was doing great!

IceMan33
dont freak...the only reason they reassigned Boyd, Moss and Godard was b.c the AHL allstar break isnt until this coming weekend. they just want Moss to keep fresh and keep playing. he didnt make the Allstar team so this weekend the Flames will recall him again. i dont think he will b in Omaha much ne more this season, unless he gets injured. Boyd and Godard will b back and forth as always, as will the rest of the crew who gets the call.

ne one kno y they didnt send down Richie Regher? he is starting in the AHL All-Star Game on sunday...they sent everyone else down they had, minus Richie!

Nellinator
I think its hilarious that there are three Flames fans on this site, when there are hardly any hockey fans here. Moss was doing well, but with Iggy back in the mix there seems to be little room for him because he is not a fourth line player.

IceMan33
meh...perhaps i shuld have calld the thread Flames talk or something!

i cant wait till tomorrow 2 c Moss and Godard and Boyd in a Knights uniform again...its been too long!

DarkC
I'd rather see 'em in a Flames jersey.

Personally I thought that Huselius should have gone to the All-Star instead of Phanuef; one hell of a playmaker.

Nellinator
Very smooth passer, but Phaneuf deserved it, he's a complete defenseman though I think Regehr is the best d-man the Flames got.

IceMan33
which Regehr?

Robyn or Richie lol

Nellinator
Robyn, Ritchie isn't even comparable to Robyn in effectivness. Robyn Regehr is one of the toughest and steady defenders around, he doesn't screw up and that's why his +/- is so good.

DarkC
Yeah! We got Conroy back! stick out tongue

IceMan33
im glad they traded Lundmark! he just wasnt rite for the Flames org. i dont think. cant wait 2 c Conroy suit up in a Flames uni again. lets hope he leaves his mark!

Nellinator
I just hope he's got enough left to be productive and helpful. His skill on draws is something I think will really help the team.

DarkC
My dad knows him as the "Blah blah blah" man, 'cause he talks so much when he's pulled aside by a reporter.

As for draws, he's definitely going to be an asset on the powerplay unit.

IceMan33
man he got 2 goals 2nite...heck of a welcome bak game eh!

Nellinator
Flames are looking strong for playoffs. It's gonna be tough for any team to beat them 4 out of 7.

DarkC
Yeah, looking forward to the playoffs; who do you think we'll likely face?

Nellinator
To early to even try to say... If we finish second in the division then probably the winner of the division, which would most likely be Vancouver in a 3rd vs. 6th matchup. If we win, probably Vancouver in a 3rd vs. 6th matchup.

IceMan33
one game at a time!! dang...theyll stay hot tho...and make it deep in the playoffs

DarkC
Vancouver is probably my most hated rival, they're the only team who has beat us at home twice.

IceMan33
wut a game for Iggy eh? haha 3 pts and hes been out for wut a month or so!

big win...but it was the BJs haha o well 2 pts is 2 pts!

DarkC
Hope Phaneuf is okay.

But yeah, what a game for the Flames.

Iginla, in his debut return, scores a goal and gets 2 assists.
Warrener finally gets point #100.
Huselius continues his streak.
Regehr gets his first 3 point game since last February.

Returning players on Calgary are something of a bombshell.

IceMan33
theyr playin great hockey rite now, i hope they keep page, they culd manage a 2 seed in the playoffs if they keep playn...hell might even get the 1 seed if they play like this the rest of the 2nd half of the season!!

either way...theyll make the playoffs and then we will c this team at their best!

the Knights rnt doin too bad either...second place in our division 6-2 during out 8 game home stand...both teams r hot now.

DarkC
Flames were awesome last Saturday, what a comeback against the Canucks. That's twice this year we've done that against them, coming back from being down 2-0 to win.

Huselius STILL has his point streak alive. Crazy. Kudos to the Swede.

guy222

GO KNIGHTS!

hey. go ducks. mario was my idol, wayne played too long and sidney/alexander are the future

IceMan33
i agree, lots of young promising "New NHL" talent...wuts ur views on the rule changes and wut theyr thinking about doing to increase goals (like widening the net, etc.)

Nellinator
We don't need more goals, they should leave the net the way it is. I like the bringing back of the tag up offside and that goalies can't handle the puck in the corners anymore or wear as big of equipment. I also like the crackdown on hooking, but I hate the fact that there is no longer two line passes with a passion.

IceMan33
i agree cept im glad the two line pass is gone...it was just annoying that u culdnt move the puck up faster especially on the PP...now the goalie can pass the puck to a guy standing on the blue line w.o a whistle as long as he is on side! makes the game faster and quicker. they dont call a lot of hooking penalties in the AHL like they do in the NHL, but theyv really cracked down on boarding and roughing. A player on the Knights got 2 min for roughing cuz he checked a guy too hard...it was dum...its like all they want is goals and not ne physical play...its bogus i think!

DarkC
*hysterical sob*

We lost Kobasew and Ference!

Nellinator
But Moss scored again which is good. There is a lot of talent in the farm system.

IceMan33
o man...no doubt, i get to c the talent almost every weekend. these guys r amazing. calgarys calld up like 10 or 11 players this season from Omaha...ne word on if the trade might send Godard back to omaha? we all have our fingers crossed lol.

its not like Kobasew and Ference did a lot...Kobasew had 1 goal this season...Ference was a little more offensivly productive but i think we gave the Bruins the raw end of the deal...we def came out ahead! i heard a rumor on te interwebs 2day...Flames r lookn at a possible trade for Peter Forsburg...i hope this is just a rumor cuz hes not helped the Flyers AT ALL...and i dont think him and Iggy wuld mesh too well.

one can hope eh? :-D

Nellinator
I didn't like the trade that much. It wasn't a major gain as Ference is very consistent, reliable and just a general workhorse. Brad Stuart is inconsistent, but if he plays well the trade will be worth it. Kobasew is superior to Primeau and Primeau will be lucky to crack the lineup.

IceMan33
id like to see both in Omaha for a while b4 they hit the Calgary lineup. i think the Flames could call up Carsen Germyn or Prust to fill those two spots until these two can prove themselves...we shall c i guess.

DarkC
NHL reffing is starting to get to the point of ridiculousness.

IceMan33
they wuldnt call em if they werent doin the penalty...its wut happens wen u have 2 guys with water wings on!

DarkC
Primeau and Stuart are definitely coming into their own here in Calgary. What a save by Stuart that other day on the wraparound.

IceMan33
i saw that game...they look good. hopefully theyll help us in the playoffs...ne one plannin on growing a playoff beard?

Bouboumaster
Sorry for Iceman33, but the "Mecque" of Hockey is in Canada. In Montreal, in fact.
The Habs are part of the culture and tradition of Quebec. The players have a lot of pression they're, cause the hockey is really important to the eyes of the fans, there.

That said, I'm a bit worried of the Canadians... The loose what? 6 games straigt? And Huet is aside, injured...

IceMan33
i still cant bleave Foresburg got traded to the Preds...im kinda surprised that the Flyers didnt resign him...but then again hte Flyers aint done much good this season :-p lol.

Phat J
**** living too close to toronto and not being able to catch any of their week day games. this is bullshit. just because i love within 2 hours of the city im cut out of any games on tv? thats just not fair.

thank you, had to get it out of my system.

ragesRemorse
God damn, i would be shitted if the Pens diddnt make the cup this year. Penguins are a God damn force to be reckoned with.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Phat J
**** living too close to toronto and not being able to catch any of their week day games. this is bullshit. just because i love within 2 hours of the city im cut out of any games on tv? thats just not fair.

thank you, had to get it out of my system.

Well, its like that for every city dude for every sport. The companies have to put the local games on. That's just what happens.

If you really care about any other team, get NHL Centre Ice....I live in Ottawa and I cant get TO games...

IceMan33
they dont even have hockey on TV ne more here!

even ESPN wont carry it! but theyll carry the National Spelling Bee, Domino turnys, figure sk8ing and other stupid stuff like that!

so our only option is Center Ice...it kinda sucks, but its totally worth it ha

Barker
Wait, they have Hockey Leagues now?

Nellinator
How very American of you.

ragesRemorse
they dont even have hockey on TV ne more here!

even ESPN wont carry it! but theyll carry the National Spelling Bee, Domino turnys, figure sk8ing and other stupid stuff like that!

so our only option is Center Ice...it kinda sucks, but its totally worth it ha

Well sucks to be your ass. Because the Penguins just beat the SHIT! out of the Thrashers. Happy Dance Seriously though dude, you need to start hit listing some people so you can get your area somes hockey. I dont know what i would do if i diddnt get to iisten to my Hockey announcers such as Mike lange, or my weekly hockey game fix.

Hey al you bastards are in luck, The Penguins vs bruins is the game of the week tomorrow. Tune in and watch how it's done smokin'

ragesRemorse
DId any of you bastards see the Bruins get their asses handed to them? I was just wandering. Anyway PENS are gonna win the shit out of the stanely cup

IceMan33
ya i watched it on NBC...but they freakin cut to NYR-NYI mid way through the Pens game!

Pens will go deep but i dont think they can get past buffalo, new jersey

ragesRemorse
ya i watched it on NBC...but they freakin cut to NYR-NYI mid way through the Pens game!

Pens will go deep but i dont think they can get past buffalo, new jersey

aww man, that is PISS nuts. I would madder than a dog nut in heat that just got trampled over. Sabres Got nothing on FLUERY, and the speed of youthfull talent which makes up the penguins team. SABRES GOIN DOWN Happy Dance PENS GETTIN CUP Happy Dance

seriously though, why the hell do network stations do that shit?

Smasandian
If Fluery plays what is suppose to play....I think they can beat Buffalo...but he needs to be on his game.

I think New Jersey can be easily beaten, except if Broduer plays his best.

Nellinator
The West will probably win this year imo. Vancouver looks like a strong contender with Luongo arguably being the best goalie in the league right now. Anaheim is dangerous too with strong defense, great forwards and Giguere is a former playoff MVP winner. They definitely have the tools to get it down. Detroit will fail due to too many Europeans, Nashville is too small, New Jersey doesn't have enough depth, Penguins are too young (although they looked very impressive against Boston) and Fleury isn't as good as some of you seem to think, he's a super bright prospect and I love him, but not yet. Tampa Bay doesn't have the depth, Atlanta has too many Europeans, not enough leadership, and too young of a goalie.

My picks for top four are:
West - Anaheim vs. Vancouver
East - Buffalo vs. Ottawa

Finals:
Anaheim vs. Buffalo

Champs: Anaheim

big grin

Smasandian
Typical Canadian.

Saying a team wont win because it has Europeans on it, and not realizing that Vancouver (a Canadian team I might add) is filled with Europeans, especially considering thier captain is Swedish, thier top three scorers are swedish and thier main guy in the back is Chezch.

The only thing that they have thats Canadian is Luongo.

But also considering that the Canucks have always faltered in the playoffs, and that Luongo hasnt played in the playoffs, I wouldnt be soo sure...and that they have too many Europeans on it.

ragesRemorse
Penguins are too young (although they looked very impressive against Boston) and Fleury isn't as good as some of you seem to think, he's a super bright prospect and I love him, but not yet. Tampa Bay doesn't have the depth, Atlanta has too many Europeans, not enough leadership, and too young of a goalie.

big grin

Decent enough inference. I wont punch your balls for the blasphemy. Thing about Fluery is that he is a hot and cold goalie like Barrasso. He plays just like tommy borrasso. When he is hot HES a brick damn wall. When hes cold, he faulters. The most impressive thing overall when speaking about the Pens, is there inability to be pressured. The momentum shifhts NEVER seem to effect their game play. That is a big aspect of any hockey team.

you say they are to young. That is what makes a championship team. youth and talent. I am taking the liberty in saying the pens are as fast if not faster than buffalo considering on how much they score off of the rush. Even with their youth, they have a veterans to idolize on the team. REcchi is a major player on this team of champions. recchi is very underated. He is silent scorer. Gonchar is another important veteran. The youth is what will take them to the cup.

god dammit people, you are instore for magic on ice with this penguin team. you lucky bastards get to become penguin fans for the first time.

ragesRemorse
Penguins are too young (although they looked very impressive against Boston) and Fleury isn't as good as some of you seem to think, he's a super bright prospect and I love him, but not yet. Tampa Bay doesn't have the depth, Atlanta has too many Europeans, not enough leadership, and too young of a goalie.

big grin

Decent enough inference. I wont punch your balls for the blasphemy. Thing about Fluery is that he is a hot and cold goalie like Barrasso. He plays just like tommy borrasso. When he is hot HES a brick damn wall. When hes cold, he faulters. No Fluery is not overated. thre 35 shot games in a row with 32 saves in each, naw he's star. The most impressive thing overall when speaking about the Pens, is there inability to be pressured. The momentum shifhts NEVER seem to effect their game play. That is a big aspect of any hockey team. DOnt forget about thibault.

you say they are to young. That is what makes a championship team. youth and talent. I am taking the liberty in saying the pens are as fast if not faster than buffalo considering on how much they score off of the rush. Even with their youth, they have a veterans to idolize on the team. REcchi is a major player on this team of champions. recchi is very underated. He is silent scorer. Gonchar is another important veteran. The youth is what will take them to the cup.

god dammit people, you are instore for magic on ice with this penguin team. you lucky bastards get to become penguin fans for the first time.

Smasandian
I was an Penguins fan before Crosby.

I was a fan when Lumiuex played.

Nellinator
Typical Canadian.

Saying a team wont win because it has Europeans on it, and not realizing that Vancouver (a Canadian team I might add) is filled with Europeans, especially considering thier captain is Swedish, thier top three scorers are swedish and thier main guy in the back is Chezch.

The only thing that they have thats Canadian is Luongo.

But also considering that the Canucks have always faltered in the playoffs, and that Luongo hasnt played in the playoffs, I wouldnt be soo sure...and that they have too many Europeans on it.
Hehe, that's why I don't think the Canucks will go to the finals. A European captain has yet to win the cup.

And North American player percentages statistically increase in the playoffs towards the finals every year. The tough get going and the Kovalchuks of the NHL disappear. You need a tough team of role players to win the Cup and very few Europeans are tough role players. There are exceptions, but that's the general way of things.

Nellinator
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Decent enough inference. I wont punch your balls for the blasphemy. Thing about Fluery is that he is a hot and cold goalie like Barrasso. He plays just like tommy borrasso. When he is hot HES a brick damn wall. When hes cold, he faulters. No Fluery is not overated. thre 35 shot games in a row with 32 saves in each, naw he's star. The most impressive thing overall when speaking about the Pens, is there inability to be pressured. The momentum shifhts NEVER seem to effect their game play. That is a big aspect of any hockey team. DOnt forget about thibault.

god dammit people, you are instore for magic on ice with this penguin team. you lucky bastards get to become penguin fans for the first time. I've been saying Recchi is underrated for ten years now. He's one of my favourite small forwards. Youth is good for energy, but young teams rarely make it far due to lack of experience. Gonchar is crap in playoffs, he is too weak defensively for when the going gets tough. Two years and I see them being a perennial threat, not this year though.

Watch in the playoffs:
Armstrong (tough as nails)
Whitney (big all situation d-man)
Orpik (best hitter)
Staal (another one of my favourite prospects that will make them great in a few years with his great defense, penalty killing, and size... with scoring to boot).
Crosby (he's got to be great if they have a chance)
Recchi (the only real veteran with good playoff experience in winning 2 cups... 34 points in the 1991 playoffs when the Penguins won the cup=unreal and great again in last years playoffs)

These are going to be key to them. Fleury isn't quite there and if the World Juniors told me anything, it was that he's gonna need some experience before he settles into a good playoff goalie (although perhaps the WJs are all he needed). I see them getting past the first round, but depending on who they face, the second round is gonna be tough for them.

On another note, Laraque really impressed me in that Boston game. He offered to stay here in Edmonton for dirt cheap but they said no. I thought it was a huge mistake and it was. Laraque is underrated as a player and he is some much needed toughness for the playoffs. They will be wise to dress him come playoffs.
I was an Penguins fan before Crosby.

I was a fan when Lumiuex played. Lemieux is my favourite player of all-time.

Smasandian
Your forgot Malkin also.

Nellinator
I'm not convinced he's gonna be a major factor. I don't think he'll be invisbile though because he's big and strong enough to be effective, but I don't think he'll adjust well to the closer checking. I'm predicting he'll revert to his natural playmaking in playoffs instead of the uncharacteristic goal scoring he has done this year.

ragesRemorse
Your forgot Malkin also.

and thorburn
Malone
Ekman
ruutu
cairns
melicar
talbot
and scuderi

All of these players are silent factors in the pens chemistry.

thorburn- garbage man
Malone-maitenance
ekman-fast winger whom plays very well under pressure.
cairns-decent defender whom has been showing alot and i mean alot of potential
talbot-good center who can win his share of face offs while at times proving to be a great playmaker
scuderi-fast defensemen with experience
melichar-underraterd defensemen who also offers expereince, he sets up alot of the scoring rushes

It may be true that this current pens team is under experienced in the scheme of things. One thing that can be as strong as expereince is momentum and chemistry. This team has a rare chemistry that is usually the result of years of experience.

the team has also proven to be a threat after long game streaks. They can win even after playing a grueling schedul of back to back games while going into a third with one days rest. I think they have more than enough expereince on their team to guide the young prospects talent. I think the Pens are as much a candidate for the cup than any other. They can beat the best of the best while making it look easy. this is why they are making their way to the top of the points board

At any rate, i think it is to Early to accurately predict any teams cup chances. The first round usually always tells you everything you need to know for who can make the cup.Your all luck bastards anyway, to have the chance of being able to see this team in action come playoff time

ragesRemorse
pens 4, boston 2

HELL YEAH. EAT IT BOSTON FANS

Nellinator
To be fair, Boston has been absolutely horrendus lately, they aren't competing with anyone really.

Boston has two good players:
Savard even though he doesn't play defense he is one of the top five playmakers in the league and Bergeron who needs to get on a better team, he's got way to much on his plate for such a young guy. He's very promising.

Smasandian
I once worked with Savard's sister.

Nellinator
I play hockey with Steve Goertzen's (from Colombus Blue Jackets) brother big grin

I'm actually a big Savard fan. As much as I normally value defensive hockey, he is simply an outstanding passer. I've liked him since his Calgary days.

Smasandian
The sister's pretty hot too.

Nellinator
Speaking of hot woman and hockey players, how the heck does Mike Ricci have such a hot wife?!? He must be the ugliest man to ever live.

And for rageRemorse 5-4 Leafs over the Pens. Leafs are my second favourite team so woot!! They look like they could make the playoffs.

Smasandian
What about the romantic link between Sean Avery and Elisha Cuthbert.

Nellinator
I hadn't heard of it before, really funny though. Even Tie Domi has/had a hot wife (not to mention his daughter...).

ragesRemorse

And for rageRemorse 5-4 Leafs over the Pens. Leafs are my second favourite team so woot!! They look like they could make the playoffs.

to bad they couldnt hold a 4-1 lead late in the third period. The pens may have lost, but still kicked the Desperate leafs team in the balls by racking up a point. Leafs have always been a fun team to watch.

ragesRemorse
To be fair, Boston has been absolutely horrendus lately, they aren't competing with anyone really.

yeah, and getting owned by the Pens two games in a row makes them even worse.

Smasandian
TO sucks.

ragesRemorse
Well here we are once again everyone. the familiar territory that is PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VICTORY. Yes, of course the Penguins put down the senators in dramatic fashion none the less. With mere seconds remaining Talbot scores the game winner. I'm just surprised he waited so long to put one in, but i understand they have to give the fans suspense, because we all know that the Pens could have put it awat far earlier.

Well all you lucky bastards have one more chance to catch the penguins in regular season action, before they begin on the crusade of vanquishing your home teams in the playoffs. So it seems we as hockey fans all have one more week to be friends before the playoffs start. dont forget to to tune in on saturday at 7.30 to behold the prodigies that are the Pittsburgh Penguins. FRICK THE DEVILS

Admiral Akbar
Well here we are once again everyone. the familiar territory that is PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VICTORY. Yes, of course the Penguins put down the senators in dramatic fashion none the less. With mere seconds remaining Talbot scores the game winner. I'm just surprised he waited so long to put one in, but i understand they have to give the fans suspense, because we all know that the Pens could have put it awat far earlier.

Well all you lucky bastards have one more chance to catch the penguins in regular season action, before they begin on the crusade of vanquishing your home teams in the playoffs. So it seems we as hockey fans all have one more week to be friends before the playoffs start. dont forget to to tune in on saturday at 7.30 to behold the prodigies that are the Pittsburgh Penguins. FRICK THE DEVILS

....And they lose their first away game to the almighty Senators in the playoffs. Happy Dance

Nellinator
The Senators looked sharp. I actually thought that the Penguins had a shot in the playoffs, but then they drew Ottawa which is unfortunate for them.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
....And they lose their first away game to the almighty Senators in the playoffs. Happy Dance

Its only the first game. I'll be posting on here later tonight owning your ass after the Penguins own the Senators smokin'

your not in trouble in the playoffs until you lose on home ice.

Nellinator
So here are my predictions...

West:
Detroit (1) vs. Calgary (2) = Calgary
Anaheim (2) vs. Minnesota (7) = Anaheim
Vancouver (3) vs. Dallas (6) = Vancouver
Nashville (4) vs. San Jose (5) = San Jose

East:
Buffalo (1) vs. New York Islanders (8) = Buffalo
New Jersey (2) vs. Tampa Bay (7) = Tampa Bay
Atlanta (3) vs. New York Rangers (6) = New York Rangers
Ottawa (4) vs. Pittsburgh (5) = Ottawa

ragesRemorse

Ottawa (4) vs. Pittsburgh (5) = Ottawa

mad

Smasandian
I wouldnt call the Senators the all mighty senators because everybody knows that after they beat a team like Pittsburgh (just because of the experience), they'll have to play a team like Buffalo, or New Jersey who are going to beat them.

Senators will lose again. (or I hope so, because I live in Ottawa and definitly dont wanna to hear everybody talk about it)

Nellinator
mad It's a tough draw for Pittsburgh. Ottawa matches too well against them and they have the edge on defense. And it is defense and goaltending (which is even up in this series) that wins the Cup (usually).
I wouldnt call the Senators the all mighty senators because everybody knows that after they beat a team like Pittsburgh (just because of the experience), they'll have to play a team like Buffalo, or New Jersey who are going to beat them.

Senators will lose again. (or I hope so, because I live in Ottawa and definitly dont wanna to hear everybody talk about it) Ottawa is better for more reasons than just experience, with the same teams in two years, Pittsburgh will be better though. I think Ottawa can beat Buffalo or New Jersey, I think Tampa Bay is the team to watch in the East. I think the Rangers might surprise a few people too, but can't see them making the final four.

Nellinator
Well that game was good. Fleury won it for them with that last minute save on Fisher. I really like how Armstrong and Staal play, they are the type of guys that win those games for you.

Smasandian
It's a tough draw for Pittsburgh. Ottawa matches too well against them and they have the edge on defense. And it is defense and goaltending (which is even up in this series) that wins the Cup (usually).
Ottawa is better for more reasons than just experience, with the same teams in two years, Pittsburgh will be better though. I think Ottawa can beat Buffalo or New Jersey, I think Tampa Bay is the team to watch in the East. I think the Rangers might surprise a few people too, but can't see them making the final four.

Yeah, one question about your theory of Ottawa?

You say that Ottawa has the same team as last year, and wont beat Buffalo. Oh wait a minute, didnt Ottawa lose to Buffalo 4 straight? And didnt Ottawa have Chara?

Ottawa has never won it, and they're team is still the same guys for years. What will change?

ragesRemorse
It's a tough draw for Pittsburgh. Ottawa matches too well against them and they have the edge on defense. And it is defense and goaltending (which is even up in this series) that wins the Cup (usually).
Ottawa is better for more reasons than just experience, with the same teams in two years, Pittsburgh will be better though. I think Ottawa can beat Buffalo or New Jersey, I think Tampa Bay is the team to watch in the East. I think the Rangers might surprise a few people too, but can't see them making the final four.

I think your are right in saying that defense is usually the defining factor in cup champions. However, the Pens possesing so much youth and raw talent gives them adaptibility. The Players have not established themselves to a certain style and are still coming into their own. I think adaptibility and endurance are the aspects which can shatter the strongest defenses. Though, many of my rants are dropped out of my ass. I believe ottawa and detroit are the only two teams in the playoffs right now that pose a real threat to the penguins team. If the Pens can best the sens, i trully believe they would gain more momentum and confidence than any other team potentialy could in the playoffs. If the pens bust the sens, (all shit aside) as a life long hockey fan and not a pens fan. I would put the odds in their favour for making it to the cup.

And to all you cats who doubted fluery's skill...i so hope you caught the game today.

ragesRemorse

And the overhyped sens lost on home ice stick out tongue Winning statistically, they lost like real losers. Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin'

Nellinator
Yeah, one question about your theory of Ottawa?

You say that Ottawa has the same team as last year, and wont beat Buffalo. Oh wait a minute, didnt Ottawa lose to Buffalo 4 straight? And didnt Ottawa have Chara?

Ottawa has never won it, and they're team is still the same guys for years. What will change? Ottawa has a different team, they also have a healthy team this year. Chara is horribly overrated and sucked horribly in the playoffs (injured I know, but he is a classic choke artist). Also, Emery is playoff ready now as he has come into his own this year. Also, I know that you are simply being an Ottawa hater which I'm used to. Everyone in Edmonton hates Ottawa.

Smasandian
They're not that different dude.

They're main core of players are still there and wait a minute, who is the captain... is it an european?

Ottawa is a classic choke artist. They've always choked. Always...and badly too. Only once have they've gotten past the second round in 6 years.

Nellinator
I know, Alfredsson is a problem and one of the reasons I thinkthat they cannot go far. I just think they are a good match for the Penguins. Emery is much better this year and that will make a difference too. They are likely to face the Rangers in the second round if they win and I think the Rangers are a bit of a dark horse this year.

Now in my musings on this series and watching the last game I must say that my opinion of the series changed. I was originally feeling that Ottawa had an edge in role-playing with guys like Schaeffer, Fisher, and Volchenkov, but I'm realizing that the Pittsburgh role-players are deeper than I had originally thought. Laraque has been great for Pittsburgh, Roberts was an amazing pick-up, Armstrong is a great forechecker, and Staal is simply a great all around player with amazing potential. I'm now giving them next year to make a real run at the Cup instead of two years down the road.

Smasandian
Still, its Ottawa.

Until the get atleast to the championship round in thier own conference, then we can talk about them winning it.

Nellinator
All my picks are leading their series except Calgary big grin

And Calgary is far from out of it. The Tampa/New Jersey series gonna be tight too.

DarkC
Calgary fans are pretty damn dedicated.

When the fire alarm went off during game three, not a single butt so much as moved from their seats.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by DarkC
Calgary fans are pretty damn dedicated.

When the fire alarm went off during game three, not a single butt so much as moved from their seats.

playoff tickets are expensive man

Nellinator
Did you just try and go to a game or something?

ragesRemorse
Did you just try and go to a game or something?

no, but ticket prices are still doubled, and tripiled if your one of the unlucky bastards who have to bid for your tickets

Admiral Akbar
Yes, well now we are in the 2 round of the playoffs and here is who I think will advance.

2nd
Sens vs NJ- (Ottawa)
SanJose vs Detriot- (SanJose)
Ducks vs Canucks- (Ducks)
Sabres vs Rangers- (Sabres)

3rd
Sens vs Sabres- (Sabres)
Ducks vs Sharks- (Ducks)

Stanley Cup game- I have no idea.

FlappingMangera
Those were some pretty solid predictions. Shame my devils are done.

I saw this pretty cool site where you can vote for the best playoff hockey moments

http://tinyurl.com/2n4kde

I gave messier guarantee my vote

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Those were some pretty solid predictions. Shame my devils are done.

I saw this pretty cool site where you can vote for the best playoff hockey moments

http://tinyurl.com/2n4kde

I gave messier guarantee my vote
Heh, yeah, my predictions were pretty good. Too bad the Sharks don't look like they will advance. I really thought they stood a better chance.

Nellinator
Yes, well now we are in the 2 round of the playoffs and here is who I think will advance.

2nd
Sens vs NJ- (Ottawa)
SanJose vs Detriot- (SanJose)
Ducks vs Canucks- (Ducks)
Sabres vs Rangers- (Sabres)

3rd
Sens vs Sabres- (Sabres)
Ducks vs Sharks- (Ducks)

Stanley Cup game- I have no idea.
My predictions exactly at the start. Except that I'd venture to predict that the Ducks will win.

Sadly SJ lost out today...

Third Round Predictions:

Detriot (1) vs. Anaheim (2) = Anaheim
Buffalo (1) vs. Ottawa (4) = Buffalo

Admiral Akbar
My predictions exactly at the start. Except that I'd venture to predict that the Ducks will win.

Sadly SJ lost out today...

Third Round Predictions:

Detriot (1) vs. Anaheim (2) = Anaheim
Buffalo (1) vs. Ottawa (4) = Buffalo

I agree with the list. Except that I have a gut feeling the Sens might turn their bad history of getting eliminated into a victory over the Sabres. I predict the Sens might win the series 4-2, but that's my second prediction. I'm still strongly supporting the fact that Buffalo has a better shot at this.

Nellinator
I was far more impressed with the Senators in the second round than I was with Buffalo. I wouldn't be shocked if Ottawa won and I think it will be close, but I'm going with Buffalo for a safe bet. Throw in some favourable odds and I'd go Ottawa. Odds wouldn't change my Western conference pick though.

Admiral Akbar
I was far more impressed with the Senators in the second round than I was with Buffalo. I wouldn't be shocked if Ottawa won and I think it will be close, but I'm going with Buffalo for a safe bet. Throw in some favourable odds and I'd go Ottawa. Odds wouldn't change my Western conference pick though.

Yeah, I'm sticking with Anahiem for the West as well.

Sea Bass 30
I can't believe some of you guys think the NHL is dead? It's far from dead. Sure it might be down for a little while but give it some time and it'll be back. btw Detroit all the way. Also, wwe is NOT a sport.

Nellinator
The NHL has set record attendance in the last two years. It is far from dead. In fact, it is increasing in popularity and viewing sport. Sadly registration is down in Canada because it is getting very expensive to play because of retard parents in the associations trying to get their 4 year olds into the NHL... I hate minor hockey these days.

Smasandian
Yep, thats the main reason why parents dont take kids into hockey anymore.

Also, the fun factor is going away from hockey. It's not about the sport anymore, but competition.

If minor league hockey took away from massive amounts of competition then maybe, registration will go up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>