Ghost Rider: Vicious Cycle (Possible Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
This is a possible spoiler, so if you plan on reading it don't read any further.

Ok well i picked up the Ghost Rider: Vicious Cycle paperback this weekend, and Jesus he is a badass.

First of all the story itself is awesome IMO. It spans Ghost Rider # 1-5, and begins with Blaze trapped in Hell trying to get free. However, it turns out Satan was using Ghost Rider to escape from hell himself, the only problem (which you learn later) is that Lucifer can't transer from the Immortal plane to the Mortal Plane in complete form. So when both come through Johnny comes through whole, but Lucifer decingrates into 666 pieces and takes over 666 people who were about to pass into the Immortal plane (Heaven/Hell).The next couple issues are about Johnny learning what Lucifer's plan is from Dr. Strange (who he fights) and some spirit (can't remember the name) who's friends with Strange.
After learning of Satan's plan Ghost Rider decides to kill all 666 bodies that Satan takes over. Only there is a catch. With every body he kills Lucifer grows stronger and stronger until only one remains with the full power of the Prince of Darkness. Ghost Rider then decides that he'll kill all of them then take the last one back to hell with him.

Has anyone else read the new Ghost Rider arc?

He seems to be more powerful than ever (he almost kills Strange), has he been upgraded?

Discuss your thoughts.

nimbus006
Looks like either no one has read the new series, or nobody on this forum likes Ghost Rider.

id369

Darth Vicious
Ive been reading it. Im wondering how everything is gonna play out as Lucifer is obviously more powerful than GR. Im also wondering what happened to Danny Ketch, Vengeance, Zarathos among others.

id369
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Ive been reading it. Im wondering how everything is gonna play out as Lucifer is obviously more powerful than GR. Im also wondering what happened to Danny Ketch, Vengeance, Zarathos among others.

Do you have those issues downloaded?
If so could you upload them, and send me a link via PM?

guy222
Originally posted by nimbus006
This is a possible spoiler, so if you plan on reading it don't read any further.

Ok well i picked up the Ghost Rider: Vicious Cycle paperback this weekend, and Jesus he is a badass.

First of all the story itself is awesome IMO. It spans Ghost Rider # 1-5, and begins with Blaze trapped in Hell trying to get free. However, it turns out Satan was using Ghost Rider to escape from hell himself, the only problem (which you learn later) is that Lucifer can't transer from the Immortal plane to the Mortal Plane in complete form. So when both come through Johnny comes through whole, but Lucifer decingrates into 666 pieces and takes over 666 people who were about to pass into the Immortal plane (Heaven/Hell).The next couple issues are about Johnny learning what Lucifer's plan is from Dr. Strange (who he fights) and some spirit (can't remember the name) who's friends with Strange.
After learning of Satan's plan Ghost Rider decides to kill all 666 bodies that Satan takes over. Only there is a catch. With every body he kills Lucifer grows stronger and stronger until only one remains with the full power of the Prince of Darkness. Ghost Rider then decides that he'll kill all of them then take the last one back to hell with him.

Has anyone else read the new Ghost Rider arc?

He seems to be more powerful than ever (he almost kills Strange), has he been upgraded?

Discuss your thoughts.

i have read gr for years

spirit of vengeance is a badass

he'll get lucifer

long pig
The Dr.Strange fight was ridiculous. Just....bad. Strange basically begs him not to make him fight, then he blasts him and k.o's him. Strange turns into a ***** and drops all his defenses and cries over the dead GR body. GR then pops back alive and attacks.

What the hell kind of crap is that?

Rewmac
GR kicks ass we all know. The movie is on it's way along with the game that also comes out for Ps2 huurraay..

nimbus006

nimbus006
Originally posted by long pig
The Dr.Strange fight was ridiculous. Just....bad. Strange basically begs him not to make him fight, then he blasts him and k.o's him. Strange turns into a ***** and drops all his defenses and cries over the dead GR body. GR then pops back alive and attacks.

What the hell kind of crap is that?

I thought it was alright. It showed both characters being extremely powerful. Yet, still showed Dr. Strange holdinbg back, and Ghost Rider going all out. I think its implied Strange could of taken him out any time he wanted to.

Beta Ray Howard
Meh. Dr. Strange got beat. It didn't really suprise me, mostly because Stephen let his guard down.

Anywho, it seems like Zarathos and Blaze have a considerably stronger bond than before. I'd honestly expect for Ketch to have stopped using his abilities. Then again, it didn't seem like he was the better of the two.

I think GR is probably going to become increasingly more powerful as the series goes on. I woudn't be suprised if he becomes a bigger power player in Marvel by the end of the Lucifer arc.

id369

Beta Ray Howard
The main difference is that Blaze was always a rebellious type, wheras Ketch seemed to just about roll over for anyone. I'm kinda glad they switched back to Blaze, because he's probably the tougher of the two.

Kazenji

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.