Dr. Strange vs. Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
confused Warlock with gem.

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
confused Warlock with gem.

only soul gem

grey fox
Warlock 8/10

Priest
warlock

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
only soul gem

warlock w/ig mage dies

jasofisc
strange i'm sure he has some kind of spell that will prevent warlock from sucking out his soul. without that advantage he has nothing on strange.

Ouallada
Without prep I give it to Warlock 8.5/10. Strange's power does fluctuate and a lot of his feats are based on prep. With prep, I say Warlock takes a slight majority, if only because he is every bit as good with prep as anyone can be. Prepping ability can only take you so far, though. Strange gets one or two more wins due to the fact that he can call on benefactors powerful enough to eat Warlock and spit him out.

TricksterPriest
No way dude. Strange takes this easily. Strange is not only the king of prep, he's also vastly more powerful than Warlock. I don't know if Strange can stop the Soul gem, but I'm gonna assume he can. I just don't see Warlock beating Strange without serious prep.

batdude123
Strange ftw.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No way dude. Strange takes this easily. Strange is not only the king of prep, he's also vastly more powerful than Warlock. I don't know if Strange can stop the Soul gem, but I'm gonna assume he can. I just don't see Warlock beating Strange without serious prep.

strange w/silly tricks ain't beating adam w/ig smile

Symmetric Chaos
Even with soul gem Warlock can't beat Strange (he took on most of the infinity gems individually when warlock had the IG)

LORDSIDIOUS01
only soul gem Hands down Warlock w/soul gem. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Soljer
Doc Strange.

tru-marvell
Strange, Strange, and Strange again. I'm sure being a mystic one of the first things you learn to prep against is someone fvking w/ur soul.

Adam had better crawl back into his cocoon and try again

Madvillain
Strange takes this easily. He's stood up to the gems before anyway.

draxx_tOfU
**bangs everyone in the head with an aluminum tray**

Was it really a bloodlusted Adam w/ the IG out to kill Dr. Strange when they had their confrontation?

Was it the same Adam who "killed" the abstracts ie. Eternity whom Dr. Strange confronted?

Was it the same Adam who was ready to challenge the LT for supremacy whom Dr. Strange confronted?

Puhrleeeze....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Although i give the slight majority to Dr. Strange in this match, i would hardly say that Strange stalemated the IG...

for example, if I had the IG and confronted the Hulk, and lets say i used an energy blast that the Hulk just shrugged off, and then proceeded to k.o. me, does that mean the Hulk > IG...

the question that would first come to mind was, why didnt he just stop the Hulk's heartbeat with a mere thought if he had the friggin' IG? Or why didnt he just turned him into an onion...those kind of things...

if Strange = IG, why the f*ck would he still call help from the friggin' Vishanti?? Why the hell would he still be needing silly trinkets like the eye of Agamotto or the wand of Watoomb??

I love Strange, i just hate it when good characters get way overrated...

Its not just reading gertrude, comprehension should also follow...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

if Strange = IG, why the f*ck would he still call help from the friggin' Vishanti?? Why the hell would he still be needing silly trinkets like the eye of Agamotto or the wand of Watoomb??

The claim was that he resisted the gems individually not that he could take on the IG full force

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The claim was that he resisted the gems individually not that he could take on the IG full force

my post wasn't directed to you... confused

its to people who say,"strange can pwn his ass seeing as he stalemated the IG"...

Symmetric Chaos
my post wasn't directed to you... confused

its to people who say,"strange can pwn his ass seeing as he stalemated the IG"...

so far people have stated he stood up to "the gems" not the gauntlet on this thread

I agree that people overrate strange but the analysis here has been pretty even handed

draxx_tOfU
so far people have stated he stood up to "the gems" not the gauntlet on this thread

I agree that people overrate strange but the analysis here has been pretty even handed

have...you...even...read...what...they...say...in...OTHER...threads...

good day sir... smile

Symmetric Chaos
have...you...even...read...what...they...say...in...OTHER...threads...

good day sir... smile

yes . . . I . . . have . . . but . . . that . . . is . . . not . . . relevant . . . to . . . this . . . thread

don't quote willy wonka smile

draxx_tOfU
yes . . . I . . . have . . . but . . . that . . . is . . . not . . . relevant . . . to . . . this . . . thread

don't quote willy wonka smile

then you wouldve understood that what i said wasnt limited to this thread...kind of, because it concerns dr. strange...

and since you said yes then i fail to register the purpose of your rebuttal... confused

**swoosh**

long pig
Well, let's see:

Strange's soul is protected by Eternity, so no soul stealing. Strange can counter the soul gem with his own artifact.

With that out of the way, I don't recall Adam being immune to time manipulation. A click of his fingers and Adam is stuck in a time freeze.

bigbran
Originally posted by long pig
Well, let's see:

Strange's soul is protected by Eternity, so no soul stealing. Strange can counter the soul gem with his own artifact.

With that out of the way, I don't recall Adam being immune to time manipulation. A click of his fingers and Adam is stuck in a time freeze. Wait, Eternity is like Warlock's best friend.
Would he protect Strange's soul from Warlock?

Also, Warlock is outside the loop of destiny. Would time really work on him?

Plus, why doesn't Strange just do that to everyone in comics then?

Soujaboy
Strange 6/10

long pig
Originally posted by bigbran
Wait, Eternity is like Warlock's best friend.

Best friend? How about worst enemy. Eternity wants him dead because he killed his son.

He's out of the loop of destiny, I don't think he's out of the loop of time itself.

Are you seriously asking me why Strange doesn't beat nearly every enemy by using time attacks? You realize his comic wouldn't be but two pages if he fought bloodlusted. Can't sell a two page comic.

Soujaboy
Wait, Eternity is like Warlock's best friend.

Eternity hates Warlock.

No

Some of Strange's opponents may be beyond time. wink

bigbran
Best friend? How about worst enemy. Eternity wants him dead because he killed his son.

He's out of the loop of destiny, I don't think he's out of the loop of time itself.

Are you seriously asking me why Strange doesn't beat nearly every enemy by using time attacks? You realize his comic wouldn't be but two pages if he fought bloodlusted. Can't sell a two page comic. Still... when was this?

He was in a blank space, where there was no Eternity, or Infinity...

You could very well sell one, but not a series.
Also, he is more than likely not going to use a time attack in this battle.

long pig
Still... when was this?

He was in a blank space, where there was no Eternity, or Infinity...

You could very well sell one, but not a series.
Also, he is more than likely not going to use a time attack in this battle.

A while back in Warlock's comic.

Sure, he probably can go into a place outside of reality, it doesn't mean he lives there. Strange can go outside reality as well.

Not in the comic, no. Here? Yes.

bigbran
A while back in Warlock's comic.

Sure, he probably can go into a place outside of reality, it doesn't mean he lives there. Strange can go outside reality as well.

Not in the comic, no. Here? Yes. OK.

Isn't Strange also not vunerable to time attacks? So, how do you work this in as stopping time as a way for him to win?
No one has claimed that Warlock was going to stop time.

Here? No. Compare the times that Strange has stopped time in a fight, to the time he has just blasted, and used spells.
Here, the guys are in character.
He might use it.

Also, that is if they work on him.

Faceman
Dude's i am seriously going crazy trying to upload my new sig...

Ouallada
I agree with Strange being able to do more with prep than Warlock, but that is if and only if his benefactors lend their support. Their soul-meld arguably allowed Warlock access to Strange's knowledge and thus he should be prepared for Strange's more exotic magical applications. True, the soul-meld may have been a two-way process, but Warlock is to souls what Strange is to magic. There is little to point to the fact that Strange could read Warlock like the latter could do to Strange.

As for Eternity hating Warlock, what would that have to do with this battle? If Strange could call on eternity in his battles then there would be no need for Strange threads at all. Additionally, Warlock is the cosmic go-to guy for Marvel, and like it or not, I think Eternity would have to settle for Warlock being a necessary evil to him.

As stated, time may not work on Warlock due to the special circumstances that surround him. On the other hand, a soul rip is much more likely to affect Strange, without Eternity protecting his soul, and with none of his artifacts being able to fully counteract the soul gem.

All factors aside, Strange is still a human, and in a battle without prep, I just do not see his auto-shields saving him from the get-go for a majority. I can understand him taking a split or even a nice majority with prep, but not without.

Wally West
Rune used the time gem to stop time and freeze the Infinity Watch. It worked on everyone except Warlock.

guy222
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Eternity hates Warlock.

No

Some of Strange's opponents may be beyond time. wink

eternity and hawk god don't see eye to eye smile

bigbran
Originally posted by Wally West
Rune used the time gem to stop time and freeze the Infinity Watch. It worked on everyone except Warlock. Well there you go.Originally posted by Ouallada
I agree with Strange being able to do more with prep than Warlock, but that is if and only if his benefactors lend their support. Their soul-meld arguably allowed Warlock access to Strange's knowledge and thus he should be prepared for Strange's more exotic magical applications. True, the soul-meld may have been a two-way process, but Warlock is to souls what Strange is to magic. There is little to point to the fact that Strange could read Warlock like the latter could do to Strange.

As for Eternity hating Warlock, what would that have to do with this battle? If Strange could call on eternity in his battles then there would be no need for Strange threads at all. Additionally, Warlock is the cosmic go-to guy for Marvel, and like it or not, I think Eternity would have to settle for Warlock being a necessary evil to him.

As stated, time may not work on Warlock due to the special circumstances that surround him. On the other hand, a soul rip is much more likely to affect Strange, without Eternity protecting his soul, and with none of his artifacts being able to fully counteract the soul gem.

All factors aside, Strange is still a human, and in a battle without prep, I just do not see his auto-shields saving him from the get-go for a majority. I can understand him taking a split or even a nice majority with prep, but not without. I agree.
Although I can see Strange taking this, more often than not.

Mr Master
Warlock seems to be outside the influence of ANY Concept, according to Eternity.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1280/wdm0.th.jpg

According to Master Order and Lord Chaos:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1434/wkk2.th.jpg

According to the Living Tribunal himself ALL Six Infinity Watch members are beyond Eternity's influence:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1266/w2is7.th.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3091/w3sa8.th.jpg

And evidently Warlock is beyond Eternity's (Time) influence, but also beyond the Infinity's Gem's (Time Gem) greater control over Time as well:

RUNE acquires the Time Gem first from Maxim, and from there it's easy pickings as he stops Time, and everything freezes:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4303/3ro3.th.jpg

He gets the rest of the Gems with little effort, except when he bumps into Warlock who resisted the "Time Freeze" effect of the Gem.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1590/4fk8.th.jpg

Warlock manages to send himself and Rune into Soul World

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/8905/5bp2.th.jpg

No one is Time Freezing Warlock.

Better find another tactic.

long pig
OK.

Isn't Strange also not vunerable to time attacks? So, how do you work this in as stopping time as a way for him to win?
No one has claimed that Warlock was going to stop time.

Here? No. Compare the times that Strange has stopped time in a fight, to the time he has just blasted, and used spells.
Here, the guys are in character.
He might use it.

Also, that is if they work on him.
Strange could be vulnerable to other's time attacks, but not his own.

Originally posted by Mr Master
Warlock seems to be outside the influence of ANY Concept, according to Eternity.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1280/wdm0.th.jpg

According to Master Order and Lord Chaos:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1434/wkk2.th.jpg

According to the Living Tribunal himself ALL Six Infinity Watch members are beyond Eternity's influence:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1266/w2is7.th.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3091/w3sa8.th.jpg

And evidently Warlock is beyond Eternity's (Time) influence, but also beyond the Infinity's Gem's (Time Gem) greater control over Time as well:

RUNE acquires the Time Gem first from Maxim, and from there it's easy pickings as he stops Time, and everything freezes:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4303/3ro3.th.jpg

He gets the rest of the Gems with little effort, except when he bumps into Warlock who resisted the "Time Freeze" effect of the Gem.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1590/4fk8.th.jpg

Warlock manages to send himself and Rune into Soul World

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/8905/5bp2.th.jpg

No one is Time Freezing Warlock.

Better find another tactic.
I don't think people are thinking of Warlock w/ complete set of infinity gem residue when they think of Warlock. Most people think of Warlock with his actual powerset along with the soul gem instead of "Warlock being amped because he's now the keeper of the gems".

I could be wrong.

Other than that, yeah...I'm out of ideas.

Ethereal
Btw, Mr Master, aren't those last three or so scans of Rune/Warlock non canon? I guess it doesn't matter.

This is turning out to be a good match.

How would you think Adam would fare against strange in the realm of the Vishanti?

TricksterPriest
Dude, that's ownage for Strange. He's badass enough in other realms and even in hostile realms like Shuma's. But give him familiar territory and Adam has no chance. Then again, Adam didn't have a chance to begin with.

Mider999
umm yeah right, his artifact cant counter the gem forever can it, so what basically with prep he can defeat anyone, ok thats lame someone said he defeated HOM wanda, whatever i dont see how since she still was able to deplete the mutant population by so so very much.

Then someone said he stalemated the IG supposidly only cause warlock wasnt going all out, if he can do that i guess the whole thanos thing was pointless, he should have just gone alone instead of letting his fellow heros get slaughtered.

reason strange can do so much is cause he got like 3 super entities backing him up, the vishanti, but i dont believe there invincible nor is he, if adam warlock gets time to learn how to use the gem properly then strange will eventually be overcome and lose.

TricksterPriest
You just don't get it, do you. Strange really shouldn't lose to anyone under Thanos-level, he's that damn powerful. Strange is perhaps the most powerful human in Marvel.

guy222
You just don't get it, do you. Strange really shouldn't lose to anyone under Thanos-level, he's that damn powerful. Strange is perhaps the most powerful human in Marvel.

over charles xavier or reed

Soljer
over charles xavier or reed

Easily.

However, current Strange is QUITE depowered from the strange we used to know and love.

erm.

Cosmic Flame

Soljer

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by Soljer
Physically? Physically, Strange is an accomplished Martial Artist who has amped himself with mystical energies to be quite strong and quite fast. He could physically take out many top tiers if he so desired.

Strange has also shown great resistance to the soul gem in the past his creation not showing the same resistance offers little support for your case.

You're right though, this does depend on which Adam Warlock we're talking about. He has gone through many incarnations.

Though, the only one that would beat Strange is the Warlock with the infinity gauntlet. wink.
This is exactly my point. Physically Strange is still human. All the power that is at Strange's disposal comes from somewhere else. None of it is his. Warlock's an accomplished martial artist as well, and can also increase his strength with cosmic energy. He's gone hth with Thor and a Thor clone. Strange would never attempt that.

When has Warlock ever attempted to use the gem on Strange in a malicious way that Strange could say he's shown great resistance? I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Warlock using the gem directly on Strange.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
This is exactly my point. Physically Strange is still human. All the power that is at Strange's disposal comes from somewhere else. None of it is his. Warlock's an accomplished martial artist as well, and can also increase his strength with cosmic energy. He's gone hth with Thor and a Thor clone. Strange would never attempt that.

When has Warlock ever attempted to use the gem on Strange in a malicious way that Strange could say he's shown great resistance? I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Warlock using the gem directly on Strange.

warlock has gone toe to toe with a WM thor... wink

strange has nothing on warlock physically, in strength and in durability, as warlock has also flown through a black hole unharmed... wink

although i give the edge to strange, i do believe that warlock can win some... smile

Mider999
umm so i guess shuma gorath is thanos level wow trickster priest your knowledge of comic books is beyond me, oh and it depends on how good the user of the gem is, it dont matter if you just have the gem, if you dont know what your doing with it it wont mean nothing almost against really good fighters, look at thanos vs champion, or thanos vs insane thor, now if your like thanos and have only one gem, youd train yourself to use it properly and unlock its secrets, cause they are not automatically unlocked less there all together.

Soljer
warlock has gone toe to toe with a WM thor... wink

strange has nothing on warlock physically, in strength and in durability, as warlock has also flown through a black hole unharmed... wink

although i give the edge to strange, i do believe that warlock can win some... smile

Strange has also survived a black hole with narry a scratch....So much for that angle, hm?

Mr Master
I don't think people are thinking of Warlock w/ complete set of infinity gem residue when they think of Warlock. Most people think of Warlock with his actual powerset along with the soul gem instead of "Warlock being amped because he's now the keeper of the gems".

I could be wrong.

None of those scans are of Warlock with the 6 Gems.

I only posted canon scans of Warlock with the Soul Gem.

What does this mean?

"infinity gem residue"

Other than that, yeah...I'm out of ideas.

It's a good fight.

LORDSIDIOUS01
K Even still a wash.

boriquaking55
I hate Adam Warlock - he relies too much on that plot device soul gem to be taken seriously.

Strange would get easy majority on him, as would Thanos (yea Im sure the warlock fanboys will disagree with that). He'd go mad trying to steal their souls with the gem anyways.

Mr Master
Warlock traveling through an Un-Reality RIFT:

This isn't a black hole, this the Reality Gem ripping Reality itself apart, left unchecked the entire Universe would have been warped into madness.

Even THANOS was UNABLE to resist this RIFT, but Warlock went right into it and recovered the Reality Gem from the center of the RIFT.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7577/d1xh2.th.jpg

This is an amazing feat,

enjoy!

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3304/d2pr5.th.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4314/d3li7.th.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7940/d4df1.th.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5827/d5zz3.th.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8420/d6xa1.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4583/d7jx0.th.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6017/d8tu5.th.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3538/d9rs7.th.jpg

Like I said, even Thanos wasn't able to resist this RIFT:
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4903/d10km0.th.jpg

Warlock's durability is no joke.

boriquaking55
All good and well. What proof do we have that that feat was Warlock's, and not the Soul gems?

just a thought...

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange has also survived a black hole with narry a scratch....So much for that angle, hm?

with his "human" durability?

either way, adam edges stephen in every physical category, and the answer is quite simple...

adam was created to become the perfect human...

perfect human > human (physically speaking)

hypothetically, let Thanos blast both of them, both without shields, you dont need to guess who would survive...hm?

Galan007
Originally posted by Faceman
confused Warlock with gem. Warlock.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mider999
umm so i guess shuma gorath is thanos level wow trickster priest your knowledge of comic books is beyond me, oh and it depends on how good the user of the gem is, it dont matter if you just have the gem, if you dont know what your doing with it it wont mean nothing almost against really good fighters, look at thanos vs champion, or thanos vs insane thor, now if your like thanos and have only one gem, youd train yourself to use it properly and unlock its secrets, cause they are not automatically unlocked less there all together.

Shuma-Gorath>>Galactus, when in his own dimension. You must be joking if you're saying Strange doesn't know how to fight. He's beaten a mind controlled Wolverine, he spars with a guy who' supposed to be Shang Chi level. 2nd, Thanos is a genius, probably the smartest character in Marvel. So anything he does may not be possible for even a character of equal power. You have some gall claiming that Shuma is Thanos level and trying to belittle that feat. It was one of Strange's best feats, and you think Adam Warlock would do that? No, even with half the gems, he'd still lose. Shuma-Gorath destroys dimensions and galaxies. Strange beat Shuma, do the math.

boriquaking55
Shuma-Gorath>>Galactus, when in his own dimension. You must be joking if you're saying Strange doesn't know how to fight. He's beaten a mind controlled Wolverine, he spars with a guy who' supposed to be Shang Chi level. 2nd, Thanos is a genius, probably the smartest character in Marvel. So anything he does may not be possible for even a character of equal power. You have some gall claiming that Shuma is Thanos level and trying to belittle that feat. It was one of Strange's best feats, and you think Adam Warlock would do that? No, even with half the gems, he'd still lose. Shuma-Gorath destroys dimensions and galaxies. Strange beat Shuma, do the math.

Shuma is well above Thanos in power. However, I do not agree with Shuma being significantly stronger than Galactus. That's just not true, unless Galactus happens to be really hungry at the time.

Shuma is powerful, but he would lose to someone wielding 3 of the infinity gems - let's say power, reality, & mind - to their full potential. IMO - there's no way to prove that though.

3 gems >>>>any Elder god/Old One

TricksterPriest
Ahem, Shuma is perhaps the strongest of the Elder Gods, not counting Atum. And i said in his own dimension, outside the two are pretty comparable. And I meant any 3 gems, there's no just no way to beat Shuma in his own dimension without some god-like power. Even Strange wasn't able to completely destroy Shuma-Gorath. There's a caveat in there, if you gain the power to destroy Shuma-Gorath, you become Shuma-Gorath. Strange is the only person to ever get around that.

boriquaking55
Ahem, Shuma is perhaps the strongest of the Elder Gods, not counting Atum. And i said in his own dimension, outside the two are pretty comparable. And I meant any 3 gems, there's no just no way to beat Shuma in his own dimension without some god-like power. Even Strange wasn't able to completely destroy Shuma-Gorath. There's a caveat in there, if you gain the power to destroy Shuma-Gorath, you become Shuma-Gorath. Strange is the only person to ever get around that.

Heck - now that I think about it, Shuma is techinically a Demon/Old One, not an Elder God. I'm not sure Demigorge/Atum could take him in that case, since he eats gods, it says nothing of Old Ones in his powerset. Set & Chthon fear Atum, but no mention of Shuma

Shuma could take 3 gems in his own realm, I'll give him that since he is master of all reality in that realm.

On a neutral plane, however, Shuma should never match 3 gems in power.

draxx_tOfU

alot of beings are omnipotent/uber powerful in their own realms...

adam defeated mephisto in his own realm also...

in this overall match between adam and stephen, i give the edge to stephen...

but hand to hand, base levels in strength, durability, stamina, no shields, no powers, just base levels in everything, adam crushes stephen, even if strange spars with shang chi himself, adam simply crushes him...

Faceman
Bump

HigH ScholaR
Even with soul gem Warlock can't beat Strange (he took on most of the infinity gems individually when warlock had the IG)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.