Blender's top 100 Songs of 2006- Ccheck it out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LiQuiD
Hey guys... blender put up their top 100 songs of the year.. theres some great songs on there but also some awful ones in my opinion. Take a look:

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=2424&src=ad1

The Core
**** Blender, and **** lists like this. A bunch of songs college kids said were cool. 75% of the list is comprised of one hit wonders, 2 of which made the top 10. Arctic Monkeys? Big City Rock?

LethalFemme
That kinda is a pretty shitty list.laughing out loud

~Da Rev~
Tool wasn't mentioned. Unimportant to me.

el_barto
Prince is in there.... that's worth something.... kinda.

Oops, I'm sorry, "The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince"

Dusty
#3 on this list was "My Love", by Justin Timberlake.

Get this sheyit out mah fayce.

Alpha Centauri
That song genuinely pisses me off.

The thing that bothers me about Justin Timberlake and people like him is that they start off in boybands and then try to form a "legitimate" reputation by making "real" music, whilst slyly maintaining their previous fan base.

Justin Timberlake's newer music has garnered more worthwhile critique than his N-Sync stuff, so why not just make music that way in the first place? I hate it, but the praise he's getting is from more credible places than Smash Hits Magazine nowadays.

-AC

Slay
''Heartbeats'' is actually on place 98 as to where ''My Love'', ''When You Were Young'' and ''Welcome To The Black Parade'' are 3rd, 5th and 8th....

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That song genuinely pisses me off.

The thing that bothers me about Justin Timberlake and people like him is that they start off in boybands and then try to form a "legitimate" reputation by making "real" music, whilst slyly maintaining their previous fan base.

Justin Timberlake's newer music has garnered more worthwhile critique than his N-Sync stuff, so why not just make music that way in the first place? I hate it, but the praise he's getting is from more credible places than Smash Hits Magazine nowadays.

-AC

I never cared for Nsync really I was more of a backstreet boy fan.ninja

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I never cared for Nsync really I was more of a backstreet boy fan.ninja

I never liked dog shit, I was more of a cat shit fan.

-AC

dirkdirden
yeah yeah yeah's and the strokes were the only two bands I liked out of the list.

Me and the folks and blinder don't have the same taste in music at all.

Bardock42
I like Morrissey, Sufjan Stevens, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Strokes (though I haven't heard their new stuff).

Oh, Weird Al is funny.

Funkadelic
I only like Prince & Gnarls Barkley from that list.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Funkadelic
I only like Prince & Gnarls Barkley from that list.

Check out the ones I like...they are good.

tabby999

-AC

bat guano is the better of the 3 i believe.

LethalFemme

-AC

I didn't care about the music one or two of them were cute.

Bardock42
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I didn't care about the music one or two of them were cute.

No, bad musicians can't be attractive.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, bad musicians can't be attractive.

You'd be surprised.

Funkadelic
Originally posted by el_barto
Prince is in there.... that's worth something.... kinda.

Oops, I'm sorry, "The artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as prince"

Man, that joke would MAYBE have been funny in 1999.

Solo
Originally posted by Dusty
#3 on this list was "My Love", by Justin Timberlake.

Get this sheyit out mah fayce.
No kidding, "Sexyback" should replace it. stick out tongue

Lyna303
what the...Gnarls Barkley first? C'mon...

Solo
Originally posted by Lyna303
what the...Gnarls Barkley first? C'mon...
That's because it is the best song of the year.

MildPossession

exanda kane
Originally posted by MildPossession
Arctic Monkeys may be one hit wonders in America, but over here they are far from it unfortunately.

Too true. In the UK, you might hate 'em or love 'em, but you can't deny the hype that follows them.

Captain Maynard
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Tool wasn't mentioned. Unimportant to me.

§P0oONY
Urgh... Most of that list was dreadful.... With shit like The Killers and Arctic Monkeys. I agree with #1 though. Crazy is a very good song.

EPIIIBITES
Crazy is an instant classic...but Blender is a joke of a music magazine...it's like "Stuff", but for music

Pezmerga
I like THe Raconteurs....and some of Prince's work, but the rest of the list is shit. Which is what I expected from Blender. Of course it is gonna be "product" songs. It's not real music, it is "product". Packaged in a pretty little package, ready to sell to the ignorant masses that gobble it up like mindless little sheep.

2D_MASTER
The top 10 of that list made me want to vomit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.