Evangel94's 2nd Slugfest Showdown FINALS: TYPHUS vs ROLDZ [Winner Faces Scoobless]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Evangel94
Competitors will submit their own write-ups. The winner of this match will face Scoobless in the final match of the tournament to decide who will be crowned 2nd Slugfest Showdown Undisputed Champion.


Typhus


VS

Roldz


Location: The fight will take place in the French Alps at dawn: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Alps
The battlefield size will be 30 x 30 square miles.
http://www.astrosurf.com/rondi/terragen/french_alps-gd.jpg

Soljer
That...

That is some heated debating there guys. Slow down, you have plenty of time.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
That...

That is some heated debating there guys. Slow down, you have plenty of time.

Well, personally, I'm leaning toward Roldz. He's been compelling thus far today.

Then again, Typhus IS counterring well with "..."

I'll have to think...

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, personally, I'm leaning toward Roldz. He's been compelling thus far today.

Then again, Typhus IS counterring well with "..."

I'll have to think...

If neither competitor posts, I'm gonna vote for Typhus.

Just cause Googlefight says so:
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Typhus&word2=Roldz

DigiMark007
Boba Fett is in this tourney? Woo!

Since SuperSonic's gone I think I'm obligated to root for him.

Loot

Soljer

Bentley
This thread still has better arguments than many Storm fights in here.

Soljer
Originally posted by Bentley
This thread still has better arguments than many Storm fights in here.

yes

Not to mention the likes of DevilGoblin and his cohorts.

King_Mungi
Scoobless better watch his back, these guys are on fire.

Bentley
Neither one of them wanted to reveal their strategies so they didnt show up. They are crafty you see?

Loot

hulk10
I've got to vote for Roldz.

DigiMark007
Seriously, have they been PMd? They know they're still around in the tourney, right?

Scoobless
blink



laughing out loud

Soljer
*laughs*

I say that if these guys don't show up, you give the second place guy in the wildcard tourny a shot at scoobless.

Or let Loot have another crack at him. stick out tongue.

Can't let the tourney end on a default.

Scoobless
De-Fault, De-Fault, De-Fault .....

De-fault ... the two sweetest words in the english language

stick out tongue

Evangel94
I sent them both Private Messages letting them know about their match before it started.

Looks like maybe Loot might get an unprecedented third shot at Scoobless...

But votes have already been cast in this match. I'll have to decide what to do about the situation.

Soljer
Originally posted by Evangel94
I sent them both Private Messages letting them know about their match before it started.

Looks like maybe Loot might get an unprecedented third shot at Scoobless...

But votes have already been cast in this match. I'll have to decide what to do about the situation.

The votes are a joke, most assuredly.

Better yet: The only two votes cast thus far are myself and hulk10.

Hulk10 doesn't have nearly enough posts to vote, and I can rescend my vote. Problem solved. smile.

Roldz
Sorry guys, got personal issues right now.. matter of the heart, you know how it is.. but ill see if i can come up w/ a write up tonight..lol

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soljer

Hulk10 doesn't have nearly enough posts to vote, and I can rescend my vote. Problem solved. smile.

As a former participant in this tournament, hulk10 is allowed to vote in all 2nd Slugfest Showdown matches.

Soljer
Originally posted by Evangel94
As a former participant in this tournament, hulk10 is allowed to vote in all 2nd Slugfest Showdown matches.

.....

Damn.

Well, regardless of the fact, the best thing to do would be just ignore the votes that have been cast.

Assuming that neither Typhus nor Roldz show up.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Roldz
Sorry guys, got personal issues right now.. matter of the heart, you know how it is.. but ill see if i can come up w/ a write up tonight..lol

Scoobless
Originally posted by Roldz
Sorry guys, got personal issues right now.. matter of the heart, you know how it is.. but ill see if i can come up w/ a write up tonight..lol

He's alive!!!!

stick out tongue

King Kandy
I lost to this guy?

leonidas
yes. badly . . .

Scoobless
Give these guys a few more days to make an appearance.... they may have technical problems or something.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Give these guys a few more days to make an appearance.... they may have technical problems or something. Their just scared of ya.



stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Go Loot.

no expression

Bentley
Nah, Scoobless is just scared of facing Loot for the third time only to lose in the finals. Thats just a bad scenario.

Loot
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Go Loot.

no expression

rock

DigiMark007
Hell, at this point just an initial writeup would win it....I don't see why neither has done anything.

King Kandy
How about you give the win to me?

Bentley
We should have like an emergency procedure, someone picks the teams, fight in their places and gets back into the tourney with them.

Evangel94
ANNOUNCEMENT

Typhus and Roldz both withdraw and forfeit this match.

I've been informed by both Typhus and Roldz that they cannot spare the time to compete in this match. Therefore, Typhus and Roldz have both withdrawn and there is no winner for this match.

Therefore, it will fall to the last person who has was defeated to fight Scoobless in the final match of this tournament: Loot
This is a rather unique one time event in that Loot will receive the unprecedented Third chance to face Scoobless. The winner will be crowned the "2nd Slugfest Showdown Undisputed Champion".

Little history lesson here: 2 years ago, Loot was known as "norrin radd" during the 1st Slugfest Showdown, which was I believe the first tournament of any kind on this forum, and he won. Loot was crowned "1st Slugfest Showdown Undisputed Champion". In a sense, Loot will be defending his title against Scoobless.

But with regards to this match:
This match has ended due to double forfeit and withdrawl, and is closed.

Soljer
Now, Loot learned from his mistakes against Scoobless the first time, and put up a MUCH, MUCH better fight the second time around.

How will his third chance go?

King Kandy
I even voted for Loot the second time, I think he'll kick butt this match!

"V"
Bleh, could of given it to Roldz just for turning up and giving an explanation. Either way 3rd time lucky.

SpunkySmurph
Wow. Good match, this was. You rarely see such quality. smile

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wow. Good match, this was. You rarely see such quality. smile

Indeed. If not for that technicality there, Scoobless would have been doomed.

Loot
man loosing 3 times to scoobs Will be quite embarrassing

Soljer
Originally posted by Loot
man loosing 3 times to scoobs Will be quite embarrassing

So don't let it happen.

Good luck. To you and Scoob.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Loot
man loosing 3 times to scoobs Will be quite embarrassing
So don't loose. Simple as that.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by King Kandy
So don't loose. Simple as that.

Wait...

Didn't you loose your own match in this tournament? confused

Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed. If not for that technicality there, Scoobless would have been doomed.

You mean the whole not-showing-up thing?

Pssh, that could have been overlooked. smile

Evangel94
ANNOUNCEMENT

Loot, has confirmed with me that he can and is fully willing to fight scoobless for the final match of the tournament.

Location Announcement for the "Loot vs Scoobless" Match

The battle will take place on earth. Both teams will start out in New York City around Time Square at exactly midnight.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Largeviewtimessquare.jpg

The battlefield size will be the entire planet. The upper height limit is the top of the Earth's atmosphere.

Reminder: Both teams will carry on all knowledge of all their previous matches in the tournament. They will remember how they won and how they lost, and will remember everyone they fought in this tournament.

Evangel94
The battle thread will be created on Jan. 21st Sunday, 9 PM US Central Time.

Bentley
Man, I hope this time around the match becomes even more complicated. Good luck guys.

Scoobless
Wow ... don't you just love the variety of matches you get in these tourneys

erm

Loot
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wow ... don't you just love the variety of matches you get in these tourneys

erm

after this fight you will never want to see my face again. We are going to be so tired of each other wink

Soljer
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wow ... don't you just love the variety of matches you get in these tourneys

erm

Kind of funny how everyone just....left this tournament.

I mean, first fight? You had twenty votes. Last fight? What? Two?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Soljer
Kind of funny how everyone just....left this tournament.

I mean, first fight? You had twenty votes. Last fight? What? Two?
Yeah, I thought that was strange too.

I like how the last battlefield is the grandest. Maybe next time it should be "Anywhere your character has the capability to go".

DigiMark007
A new thread should be made...hopefully you guys aren't planning to have the battle in this thread.

Soljer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
A new thread should be made...hopefully you guys aren't planning to have the battle in this thread.

Originally posted by Evangel94
The battle thread will be created on Jan. 21st Sunday, 9 PM US Central Time.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soljer
Kind of funny how everyone just....left this tournament.

I mean, first fight? You had twenty votes. Last fight? What? Two?

There were 18 votes in the very first match of the tournament.

There were seven votes in the last match of the tournament.

It's only natural as more contestants are knocked out of the tournament, less votes will come in.

Some participants will only vote and show up until they are knocked out. After that, they are never seen or heard from for a long while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.