Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
In this battle, Thor and Beta Ray Bill will not have their trusty hammers.

Can they take down the Hulk?

Soljer

Yes.

Symmetric Chaos
I'll assume Thor doesn't have the time limit.

I think Hulk would beat them.

Priest
Thor by himself can take Hulk on without the mljinor, team wins 10/10

Accel
Definitely not 10/10. Hulk can win some.

And Thor without Mjolnir gets owned by Hulk.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
Definitely not 10/10. Hulk can win some.

And Thor without Mjolnir gets owned by Hulk.

I don't know about owned. Thor still has a degree of super speed, and I believe he can still use some of his powers w/o Mjolnir as well...

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Priest
But Despero can't I guess.

BobbyD
Originally posted by masterbruce

This is almost similarly said 2 Hulks vs 1 Hulk. wink

guy222

hulk pummels bill, thor next

hulk takes 4/10

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
I don't know about owned. Thor still has a degree of super speed, and I believe he can still use some of his powers w/o Mjolnir as well... He one shotted Durok without his hammer. He called lightnign down and bam!
He has hard fights against him with his hammer.

Priest
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
good point, but i did say thor can take him not 10/10.. thor does have suprior h2h skills compared to hulk.

Accel
I don't know about owned. Thor still has a degree of super speed, and I believe he can still use some of his powers w/o Mjolnir as well...
I believe the whole point of this is a pure H2H fight. And I believe any speed advantage for Thor is minimal, if it even exists, considering he doesn't show it in any of their fights.

Accel
10/10 in a slugfest? Nah.

masterbruce
Thor often loses to Hulk WITH Mjolnir.

Evangel94
Thor always seems to always lose to Hulk even WITH Mjolnir.

To be honest, I haven't seen Thor ever take the Hulk down. And I can think of at least 5 seperate occasions where Hulk has put a hurtin' on Thor,

Take away the hammers and both Beta Ray Bill and Thor will have a VERY hard time putting the Hulk down.

I give the Hulk the majority of about 6.6/10

K3VIL
Durok, a being who koed Silver Surfer, was killed from a ground zero blast of magical lightning summoned by Thor, and among with him, hundreds of the members of Loki's army.
Thor without his hammer can kill Hulk.Hulk is just alive thank to the fanboys.

masterbruce
Originally posted by K3VIL
Durok, a being who koed Silver Surfer, was killed from a ground zero blast of magical lightning summoned by Thor, and among with him, hundreds of the members of Loki's army.
Thor without his hammer can kill Hulk.Hulk is just alive thank to the fanboys.

So all the times Hulk trashed Thor w/ Mjolnir in the comics is just because of fanboys???

Symmetric Chaos
how much magic does Thor have sans Mjolnir?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Much less...remember also that Hulk usually trashes Thor when he HAS Mjolnir

Evangel94

Regular Thor still has magic, but he rarely uses it without mjolnir there to channel and focus it.

Symmetric Chaos
Then I'd say Hulk has a really good shot

FearOfBlood
it depends how mad hulk is and which version you are referring to

1) Warhulk/Onslaught Hulk/would beat them any fight (10/10)

2) Byrne's Animal would beat them 8-9/10

3) Current Hulk would beat them 5-6/10

4) GreyHulk/Fixit would beat them 2-3/10

FearOfBlood
Much less...remember also that Hulk usually trashes Thor when he HAS Mjolnir

correct

FearOfBlood

i agree with you if you mean he fights Hulk when he's sleeping

masterbruce
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
it depends how mad hulk is and which version you are referring to

1) Warhulk/Onslaught Hulk/would beat them any fight (10/10)

2) Byrne's Animal would beat them 8-9/10

3) Current Hulk would beat them 5-6/10

4) GreyHulk/Fixit would beat them 2-3/10

Starts off as just an annoyed savage hulk. Of course, provided he doesn't get knocked out, he's gonna get more and more angry as the battle progresses, thereby getting stronger.

juggernaut66666
whistling
Warhulk is a weapon against Celestials.

FearOfBlood
.Hulk is just alive thank to the fanboys.

and Thor is dead thanks to his fanboys

FearOfBlood
whistling

Apocalypse said so and i trust him, why not ?

i really dont' care if you don't like the green king

juggernaut66666
GreyHulk/Fixit would beat them 2-3/10
Grey Hulk can't even beat Thing. no expression

bigbran
Grey Hulk can't even beat Thing. no expression Damn beat me to it!

Wow, that shows serious dumbassedness.

Anyway, about Thor vs Hulk. All of there fights usually go to h2h. Even then, Thor stills holds his own, for quite a while.
Thor is also played out to be a retard in Hulk comics.
If you want an actual Thor showing, check Thor comics, not Hulk ones.

Also, Thor also has powers, without it.

masterbruce
Originally posted by bigbran
Damn beat me to it!

Anyway, about Thor vs Hulk. All of there fights usually go to h2h. Even then, Thor stills holds his own, for quite a while.

Hulk beats Thor in Avengers comics as well.

xmeat
hulk nuff said.

tru-marvell
These 2 vs. Hulk...this is a verrry long battle and Hulk never tires, I'm not sure the same is true of Thor and BRB. So if they can't finish Hulk fast (within an 1/2 hour) I think the duo will loose

bigbran
Hulk beats Thor in Avengers comics as well. In the same comics where Thor and Iron Man had trouble holding back Cap?
The same where Thor is basically downgraded to match the rest of the team?
If Thor doesn't show powers, then it isn't really a safe comparison to his comics.

Soljer
Damn beat me to it!

Co-signed. Thor stalemates the Hulk hand to hand quite regularly.

Soujaboy
Thor's underrated.....

He's already killed a team with the Hulk before, and this was without powers.

The team 10/10

Evangel94
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Thor's underrated.....

He's already killed a team with the Hulk before, and this was without powers.

The team 10/10

That was KING THOR, who had his odin power restricted so that he couldn't use it externally and blast people with it. He still could amp his strength internally and had been doing so for quite some time even before they attacked him and had his power restricted.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Evangel94
That was KING THOR, who had his odin power restricted so that he couldn't use it externally and blast people with it. He still could amp his strength internally and had been doing so for quite some time even before they attacked him and had his power restricted.

There's no reason to speculate what the comic meant. The comic stated the Odin Power was blacked, never did it say that the Odin Power was blocked except for the part that allows Thor to amp his strength.

The comic also never stated that he had been amping his strength, he was ambushed and fought unwillingly. Meaning that Hulk was owned by Thor whom had no possession of Mjolnir or the Odin Force. Bested and killed in a pure physical battle by Thor.

The team 10/10

Evangel94
There's no reason to speculate what the comic meant. The comic stated the Odin Power was blacked, never did it say that the Odin Power was blocked except for the part that allows Thor to amp his strength.

The comic also never stated that he had been amping his strength, he was ambushed and fought unwillingly. Meaning that Hulk was owned by Thor whom had no possession of Mjolnir or the Odin Force. Bested and killed in a pure physical battle by Thor.

The team 10/10

King Thor had been amping up his strength with Odin Force for over 30 issues. Dr. Strange placed an amulet on King Thor that restricted King Thor's use of the Odin Force for that particular battle, but it didn't remove the strength he had already gained previously. It just removed the possibility of Thor gaining ANYMORE power from the Odin Force for that battle.

roughrider
yawn Yet another Thor/Hulk match where Thor must lose mjolnir. It makes me so tired, this grasping at straws by Hulk fans...think I'll go to sleep...

...Before I do: Hulk has never beaten Thor to the point where the Odinson can't get up and keep fighting; mjolnir or not. Plus, Thor can still call down the lighting and fry him without the hammer - check out Blood Oath and see what he does to Hercules in a close grapple.

Thor's lightning doesn't knock Hulk out? Oh yes it does.

roughrider
Then he gives him a ride home.
The team wins.

Soujaboy
King Thor had been amping up his strength with Odin Force for over 30 issues. Dr. Strange placed an amulet on King Thor that restricted King Thor's use of the Odin Force for that particular battle, but it didn't remove the strength he had already gained previously. It just removed the possibility of Thor gaining ANYMORE power from the Odin Force for that battle.

I would like to see were this was stated, because I own nearly every issue that deals with Thor and his reign over earth, and I never came across that.

If the Odin Power was restricted, this means that Thor's amping of his strength was also canceled.

That would be like Galactus taking back the power cosmic from Surfer, and Surfer still retaining all his power.

Anyways the team takes this battle 10/10

Accel
Just want to point something out, Hulk HAS taken Thor's lightning before and shrugged it off. Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.

Also, considering how Thor has failed to take Hulk down in H2H over and over again in the past, I don't see how any one wouldn't consider a one-armed Thor killing Hulk to be jobbing on Hulk's part. Goes against all of continuity really

Any way, I'll still stick with this going either way.

bigbran
Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.
Mostly due to the threadstarter being misinformed.

Well, he only said no hammers though... so...

One-shot Durok killer for the win (before anyone gets all fanboy on me, I never said it would kill Hulk, just put him down).

Soujaboy
Just want to point something out, Hulk HAS taken Thor's lightning before and shrugged it off. Not to mention I still believe the whole point of this is to just have them duke it out.

Also, considering how Thor has failed to take Hulk down in H2H over and over again in the past, I don't see how any one wouldn't consider a one-armed Thor killing Hulk to be jobbing on Hulk's part. Goes against all of continuity really

Any way, I'll still stick with this going either way.

Thats a nice feat for Hulk but as you may know, Thor has the ability to increase the effectiveness of his lightnings effectiveness by 10,000 fold as stated in his fight with Ego. I'm positive Hulk won't be shrugging off one of those bolts.

Couldn't it just be that Thor jobbed to Hulk, as do many other characters? We now Thor's track record and how he fares against top tier and above characters. Thor should have no problem dealing with a character who's mid tier at best.

However I wont. Two character with planetary lv strength, and advanced h2h skills should easily defeat the one dimensional Hulk.

the team 10/10

Accel
Thats a nice feat for Hulk but as you may know, Thor has the ability to increase the effectiveness of his lightnings effectiveness by 10,000 fold as stated in his fight with Ego. I'm positive Hulk won't be shrugging off one of those bolts.

Couldn't it just be that Thor jobbed to Hulk, as do many other characters? We now Thor's track record and how he fares against top tier and above characters. Thor should have no problem dealing with a character who's mid tier at best.

However I wont. Two character with planetary lv strength, and advanced h2h skills should easily defeat the one dimensional Hulk.

the team 10/10
Thor was already out for blood when he tried it on Hulk, even to the point where he was just reaching Warrior Madness mode. Pretty sure that his lightning attacks aren't being held back in that state.

No, as that logic doesn't make sense. These two have fought literally dozens of times, and it's been made clear that Thor couldn't take Hulk down in H2H, which is the point we're basically discussing here. Clearly, it doesn't make sense for regular Thor with one arm to all of a sudden kill Hulk when he couldn't put Hulk down with both arms several times in the past.

It's more than being one-dimensional. I know people are sick of the whole "Hulk can become stronger than his opponent's" argument, but it is within Hulk's abilities. And he already starts near their level to begin with. The fact, is the duo doesn't take him out before he becomes too much to handle, they're screwed. How many times they can do this is the question.

The team could take the majority, but definitely not 10/10.

Soujaboy
Thor was already out for blood when he tried it on Hulk, even to the point where he was just reaching Warrior Madness mode. Pretty sure that his lightning attacks aren't being held back in that state.

No, as that logic doesn't make sense. These two have fought literally dozens of times, and it's been made clear that Thor couldn't take Hulk down in H2H, which is the point we're basically discussing here. Clearly, it doesn't make sense for regular Thor with one arm to all of a sudden kill Hulk when he couldn't put Hulk down with both arms several times in the past.

It's more than being one-dimensional. I know people are sick of the whole "Hulk can become stronger than his opponent's" argument, but it is within Hulk's abilities. And he already starts near their level to begin with. The fact, is the duo doesn't take him out before he becomes too much to handle, they're screwed. How many times they can do this is the question.

The team could take the majority, but definitely not 10/10.

They wont be held back in this match either. What I mean by this is that he'll be doing his more powerful attacks at the beginning of this match up, and not waiting till he's dead. Fortunately for my sake, Thor isn't as stupid on these boards as he is in comics.

It doesn't make since?

Here I'll break it down.

Thor battles top tiers and heralds lv's, and he mops them up with his more powerful exotic powers. Thor then fights Hulk and throws his hammer, and never uses his warrior skill. Yes Thor fights stupid and either loses or stalemates Hulk.

Now realistically when you look at it, Thor should mop Hulk up easily. reason being is because his vastly superior skill, and his major strength advantage at the beginning of the battle. Thor also retains his god blast when fighting something he always forgets he has.

Maybe Thor killed Hulk at this moment because he was out for blood. In there earlier battles Thor's intentions were only to stop or ko Thor. However in this instance his family was endangered changing his intentions from stopping to killing.

Luckily for Thor these forum battles are blood lusted battles.

Hulk's no where near BRB's and Thor's strength lv at the beginning of this fight. While they have planet crushing strength, he's somewhere in the 100 ton range.

Even if Hulk does get too enraged their battle skills should easily cope with Hulks strength.

The duo 10/10

Accel

Soujaboy

Accel

K3VIL
Enough to put Hulk down.
He can call upon magical lightning and normal weapon and still blast his enemies with enough power to stop them, see Durok.He can still command weather elements to do whatever he wants.And he also is faster than Hulk, and more, more skilled.
A skyfather doesn't spend his time amping his strength, when it's required, they tap into their personal power source, see Odin Force or Olympian Might, and use it for any purpose.The Thor that was ambushed fought Hulk and Thing with one hand, and killed them.The magic in amulet came from ALL, read with accuracy, ALL of Earth's skyfather, bot be sure that he could not access to the powers of the Odin Force.
And Thor and BRB tiring out?Godlike stamina anyone?

masterbruce
Enough to put Hulk down.
He can call upon magical lightning and normal weapon and still blast his enemies with enough power to stop them, see Durok.He can still command weather elements to do whatever he wants.And he also is faster than Hulk, and more, more skilled.

Thor has often been trashed by Hulk even when he is using Mjolnir.

K3VIL
Thor has often been trashed by Hulk even when he is using Mjolnir.
Thor in most of his battles with Hulk is jobbering like Darkseid VS Superman or Gladiator VS Anyone.
Thor can take Hulk down, and doesn't even need to go all out.

Soljer
Thor in most of his battles with Hulk is jobbering like Darkseid VS Superman or Gladiator VS Anyone.

Pretty much. erm.

Symmetric Chaos

I think you're underestimating Hulk a bit

roughrider
It's the vicious circle of jobbing down which Marvel likes to do, just for popularity - Thor jobs down to Hulk to make the battles more even (how often is Thor distracted to protect civilians, a concern Hulk virtually never has?), then Hulk has to job down to Wolverine, just because of Logan's rampant popularity.

Maestro
Why are lightning attacks being included?, I thought this match was solely to see who was stronger at H2H, no range attacks included.

Mindship
Seems to me that over the last several years, Hulk has been used as a benchmark by Marvel to show how tough everyone else is by beating Hulk. IMO, this is bogus.

No hammers? A nonjobbing Hulk wins 2/3.

roughrider
Originally posted by Maestro
Why are lightning attacks being included?, I thought this match was solely to see who was stronger at H2H, no range attacks included.

All that was said, was Thor and BRB can't use their hammers.
Thor can still call down the lightning without it, among other things. smart

Evangel94
Originally posted by roughrider

Beta Ray Bill and Thor are weaponless. That would include using the elements as a weapon. This match is pure h2h.

masterbruce

Hulk has treated Thor like a barbie doll on more than one occasion. And that was Thor with Mjolnir and going all out...ie no civilians to worry about.

Evangel94
Beta Ray Bill and Thor are weaponless. That would include using the elements, such as lightning, as a weapon. This match is pure hand to hand combat.

Beta Ray Howard
In a hand to hand fight, there's no feasible way for Bill and Thor to win this one.

roughrider
Hulk has treated Thor like a barbie doll on more than one occasion. And that was Thor with Mjolnir and going all out...ie no civilians to worry about.

And Thor has killed the Hulk on at least four occasions - a What If? (snapped his neck), Hero Last Standing (godblast), Marvel Mangaverse (crushed his skull in with mjolnir) and as King Thor during the Reigning storyline (impales him) - when he killed the Thing at the same time with no mjolnir or Odinforce!
bangin

Beta Ray Howard
And Thor has killed the Hulk on at least four occasions - a What If? (snapped his neck), Hero Last Standing (godblast), Marvel Mangaverse (crushed his skull in with mjolnir) and as King Thor during the Reigning storyline (impales him) - when he killed the Thing at the same time with no mjolnir or Odinforce!
bangin

During Reigning he had also inherited the strength of his father. It didn't suprise me that he killed Hulk.

Also, he's got no access to any of that in this fight.

Now, I'm a big Thor fan. He's an awesome character. The only honest way I can see Thor ever getting a clear victory over Hulk is if he fights the way Bill does. Stop talking, bring the pain.

Now, though the two of them have excellent teamwork, they'd probably need Hercules' help to bring Hulk down with just their hands.

masterbruce
bangin

those are all noncannon, and therefore worthless. 616 Hulk usually beats the living daylights outta Thor. Accept it.

Beta Ray Howard
those are all noncannon, and therefore worthless. 616 Hulk usually beats the living daylights outta Thor. Accept it.

Reigning is canonical.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Reigning is canonical.

that wasn't regular Thor though

Evangel94
Reigning is canonical.

The reigning took place in the distant future. Since Thor went back in time and changed that future, it's more like an alternate timeline than anything else.

MykeKitty

Soujaboy
The reigning took place in the distant future. Since Thor went back in time and changed that future, it's more like an alternate timeline than anything else.

It's cannon none the less, seeing as how Thor's mentions it in the Ragnarok arc. wink

D-Block

Co-signed

Soujaboy
During Reigning he had also inherited the strength of his father. It didn't suprise me that he killed Hulk.

Also, he's got no access to any of that in this fight.

Now, I'm a big Thor fan. He's an awesome character. The only honest way I can see Thor ever getting a clear victory over Hulk is if he fights the way Bill does. Stop talking, bring the pain.

Now, though the two of them have excellent teamwork, they'd probably need Hercules' help to bring Hulk down with just their hands.

Had had no power when he killed the Hulk, Thing, Dr. Strange, Captain America, etc. he had his fist and his rage, and in the end he came out on top.

Which is how we tend to have them fight on the forums. I get sick of Thor talking all the time to, thats why it's good that each character is bloodlusted in these battles.

They can do it, most likely within 5 minutes of the bell.

Evangel94
It's cannon none the less, seeing as how Thor's mentions it in the Ragnarok arc. wink

Thor is the only person would who would have memories of the alternate future. After all, to go back in time and change history by himself.

Rewmac
The reigning took place in the distant future. Since Thor went back in time and changed that future, it's more like an alternate timeline than anything else. Still canon. Because he only goes back around the end of the series. It happened actually to the 616 Marvel Universe he just went back and changed it.

Soujaboy

Soujaboy
Thor is the only person would who would have memories of the alternate future. After all, to go back in time and change history by himself.

Ok, but it's still cannon.

Evangel94
Ok, but it's still cannon.

Canon in what sense? That future doesn't exist anymore.

Soujaboy
Canon in what sense? That future doesn't exist anymore.

Thor #80 - Ragnarok Part 1

"The Land if the Dwarves...Gone. I could not save them...

Amora, Sif, Balder. All dead...Have I wiped out my future only to return to this?"

referenced to in cannon comic = cannon.

It wasn't a alternate future, it was the future.

Evangel94

That was Thor talking, and of course he's the only one with memories of that alternate future because he changed it when he went back in time. Can you name anyone else besides Thor who can actually reference "The Reigning"? You can't because Thor went back in time and prevented the events from ever taking place and retconning the entire incident.

If it was the future there would be no Civil War going on between heroes right now, Hulk would be dead and not on Planet Hulk right now, and there would be no Extremis Iron Man.

DevilGoblin

Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against Warrior Madness Thor just as he wouldn't stand a chance against this duo.

The Merged Hulk (joung Maestro) b-e-a-t Thor in full Warrior Madness, ask Peter David please

Soujaboy
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
The Merged Hulk (joung Maestro) b-e-a-t Thor in full Warrior Madness, ask Peter David please

Thor wasn't even in full warrior madness, and it was a stalemate.

roughrider

The last one is canon, it happened - just because Thor would go back in time to change things doesn't change that. The others are clear examples of Marvel editors letting their fights go as they should when it's outside normal continuity ie. protecting Hulk's popularity.

And maybe you should accept that Hulk cannot beat Thor unless he's without mjolnir, can't use any other power, and apparently has to have one arm behind his back.

masterbruce

And maybe you should accept that Hulk cannot beat Thor unless he's without mjolnir, can't use any other power, and apparently has to have one arm behind his back.

No, I don't have to accept that because Hulk has regularly treated Thor like a punching dummy.

Soujaboy
That was Thor talking, and of course he's the only one with memories of that alternate future because he changed it when he went back in time. Can you name anyone else besides Thor who can actually reference "The Reigning"? You can't because Thor went back in time and prevented the events from ever taking place and retconning the entire incident.

If it was the future there would be no Civil War going on between heroes right now, Hulk would be dead and not on Planet Hulk right now, and there would be no Extremis Iron Man.

What does that have to do with it being cannon no expression

Evangel94
What does that have to do with it being cannon no expression

It was canon at the time it was written and published, but after Thor changed the timeline at the end of the reigning, it's now considered an alternate future/alternate timeline.

Soujaboy
It was canon at the time it was written and published, but after Thor changed the timeline at the end of the reigning, it's now considered an alternate future/alternate timeline.

Ok you go ahead believing it's not cannon. smile

Evangel94
Ok you go ahead believing it's not cannon. smile

I will. smile

And BTW, it's spelled "canon", not "cannon" as in 'cannonball'. We're not talking about cannonballs being fired from a pirate ship.

Accel

Soujaboy
I will. smile

And BTW, it's spelled "canon", not "cannon" as in 'cannonball'. We're not talking about cannonballs being fired from a pirate ship.

Thanks for the heads up thumb up

It's just nice to know that things stated in canon comics aren't considered canon. smile

Accel
The last one is canon, it happened - just because Thor would go back in time to change things doesn't change that. The others are clear examples of Marvel editors letting their fights go as they should when it's outside normal continuity ie. protecting Hulk's popularity.

Why use three noncanonical sources to try to prove your point? What kind of logic is that?

It's like using What Ifs to prove Wolverine can stab the Silver Surfer and kill every body on the planet, seeing as how he's done that in those storylines before. Would you say that was the editors taking liberties to show what they think could actually happen in a story without popularity?

masterbruce

It's just nice to know that things stated in canon comics aren't considered canon. smile

now you know thumb up

Soujaboy

Soujaboy
now you know thumb up

laughing

Mindship
Here's what I don't get:

Someone once said that if Superman was going to be faster than Flash, then what's the point of a Flash?

Similarly, if you're gonna have Thor, BRB or whoever stronger than Hulk, then what's the point of a Hulk?

Thor with his hammer (or BRB with Stormbreaker) is clearly more powerful than the Hulk. But if we're just gonna go toe-to-toe, than Hulk should be the superior force. Otherwise, he should just be removed as a character from the face of the superhero universe.

Accel

batdude123
I believe the whole point of this is a pure H2H fight. And I believe any speed advantage for Thor is minimal, if it even exists, considering he doesn't show it in any of their fights.

It's funny, because some of the goofball supporters of Thor believe he's capable of keeping up with Superman in combat speed. laughing laughing out loud

LORDSIDIOUS01
I love Bill and Thor but come on folks, HULK SMASH HULK SMASH

Accel
It's funny, because some of the goofball supporters of Thor believe he's capable of keeping up with Superman in combat speed. laughing laughing out loud
srug

batdude123
srug

Srug indeed..... srug indeed.

Hulk rules all
Both Thor and Beta Ray Bill are powerful, especially when they are wielding the greatest plot device ever, their plastic hammers. You take away their walking plot devices and both Asgardians are going to be like mongrels without their teeth. Both are arrogant so they are going to think that they can dogpile the Hulk. They'll work as a team, one attacking and the other to hit Hulk when he is distracted. Well, they both can hit Hulk all day and the Hulk will stand there taking everything, enjoying the pummeling he is getting like a good massage. Once the Hulk gets bored getting his peerless muscles getting massaged, he is going to KO the glass jawed Asgardians with a left cross to destroy Thor and a right cross to atomize Beta Ray Bill. Hulk rules all. Case closed. The same cannot be said about the Asgardians. Pity.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk rules all

most obvious sock ever

roughrider
No, I don't have to accept that because Hulk has regularly treated Thor like a punching dummy.

Hulk fans should be more concerned about why he can't put down a runt like Wolverine. wink

Even if I agree that Thor loses to Hulk h2h - no mjolnir, no other powers - there's TWO of him here, with BRB. Both of them together win.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
Both Thor and Beta Ray Bill are powerful, especially when they are wielding the greatest plot device ever, their plastic hammers. You take away their walking plot devices and both Asgardians are going to be like mongrels without their teeth. Both are arrogant so they are going to think that they can dogpile the Hulk. They'll work as a team, one attacking and the other to hit Hulk when he is distracted. Well, they both can hit Hulk all day and the Hulk will stand there taking everything, enjoying the pummeling he is getting like a good massage. Once the Hulk gets bored getting his peerless muscles getting massaged, he is going to KO the glass jawed Asgardians with a left cross to destroy Thor and a right cross to atomize Beta Ray Bill. Hulk rules all. Case closed.

Hulk rules all? laughing

Against two class 100 bricks with skills, Hulk will get mudstomped. Go and read Bill's first appearance when he stalemated Thor with Mjlornir. He didn't have Stormbreaker yet but still managed to knock Thor about. And if anyone's arrogant, it's the Hulk or Thor, not BRB.

And the title mongrel fits with Hulk.

BRB isn't Asgardian, he's a Korbinite. Team 7-8/10.

K3VIL
Beta Ray Bill and Thor are weaponless. That would include using the elements as a weapon. This match is pure h2h.
BRB and Thor, both top rank Class 100, hella durable, superhuman speed, reflexes and agility, masters in hand to hand combat, Thor has countless battle experience, and hth skills, same for Bill.
Thor without the hammer, OWNED Loki and Fenris and both were enhanced by Mjolnir replicas.
Loki was also getting more powerful during the Ragnarok cause with the Asgardian's being depowered he became MORE POWERFUL.
So, Loki and Fenris with hammers>>>>Savage Hulk and his brute strength.
Thor and Bill wins.They cut loose and pumme Hulk to death.

Accel
BRB and Thor, both top rank Class 100, hella durable, superhuman speed, reflexes and agility, masters in hand to hand combat, Thor has countless battle experience, and hth skills, same for Bill.
Thor without the hammer, OWNED Loki and Fenris and both were enhanced by Mjolnir replicas.
Loki was also getting more powerful during the Ragnarok cause with the Asgardian's being depowered he became MORE POWERFUL.
So, Loki and Fenris with hammers>>>>Savage Hulk and his brute strength.
Thor and Bill wins.They cut loose and pumme Hulk to death.
Hulk's also top Cl 100 (even stonger than either of these two), hella durable (with the capability to become even stronger and mroe durable as the fight goes on), and about as fast as they are (they really aren't that fast at all). The only advantages they have are numbers and fighting skill, both of which I've already covered.

And comparing who has beaten who with just fisticuffs doesn't really get us any where, especially sicne I can bring up Hulk has beaten Mephisto around and Mephisto >>> Loki.

Accel
Hulk fans should be more concerned about why he can't put down a runt like Wolverine. wink
Suppose we could also wonder why Thor can't even put down Daredevil.

bigbran

Accel

bigbran

roughrider
Thor toppling Arishem is worthy of a Holy Sh*t! Moment. thumb up

Accel

roughrider
You may think Hulk was jobbing when Thor stalemated his strength for an hour, but it just shows that he can't surpass them quickly like you said.
Hulk may be savage, but Bill became the champion of his people for a reason - by being the most vicious and mighty bad-ass of an entire race, going through trials Hulk has never seen. Him alone against Hulk would be a good match. But, it keeps coming back to the fact it's him AND Thor against Hulk. That's why they win for sure. You say it doesn't matter - so, we just are chasing around a circle here.

bigbran

Redatom65
going with hulk here

Accel

D-Block
I guess Hulk could beat Supes and Glads without them flying or Captain Marvel and Black Adam without them flying.

Thor and BRB wins everytime it's two on one and Hulk doesn't job to Thor when they are matching each others strength for an hour Thor is like Supes he tends to hold back.

Accel
Thor clearly wasn't holding back when stalemating Hulk. However, if Hulk's strength just suddenly stops increasing when he's still angry, he's jobbing.

guy222
No, just no.
Destroyer was supposed to take down Celestials, and look how he did. Did this device also take attacks from Celestials?
When did he beat up Mephisto?

Also, breaking Exitar's head open with a hammer attack>>>>>>>>>breaking a device that can "supposedly" take attacks from Celestials, until I see proof otherwise.

Recently you say?
You mean, after Galactus gave him a power up? Hmmm...

Also, it never said how much of Thanos's power, just that his power. Thanos can also amp his power up to.

So... it that why Thor absorbed some of the sun's power to hit Atum with?
No, it was the sun alright.

Also, Thor has taken direct attacks from Celestials, and was the first one to ever topple Arishem.
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5795/thor30030le2.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3603/thor30031pw4.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6697/thor30032sw7.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7114/thor30033nn7.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3142/thor30034lv6.th.jpg

Thor and his rarely flaunted fighting ability.
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6660/page014od9.th.jpg

And the clincher. Also, note, that even Thor knows he has leaned on his hammer too much.
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/8348/page021zq1.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7870/page022hc5.th.jpg
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/9286/page023mr0.th.jpg

Thor and Beta for the win.

thor #300 is a classic

roughrider
Thor clearly wasn't holding back when stalemating Hulk. However, if Hulk's strength just suddenly stops increasing when he's still angry, he's jobbing.

I think it stops because he gets confused about why Thor keeps getting up and attacking, rather than staying down like others would. Clearly shown during the fight in Thor #385, when Hulk forced Thor into throwing his hammer away for a while, by threatening a female bystander.

beta ray bob
i say that beta and thor win cause of their raw strength and the fact that thor is a god! and bill is more or less a god!

and u r racist to norse culture if u disagree

long pig
For every second the fight goes on, Hulk's chances of winning triples.

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
For every second the fight goes on, Hulk's chances of winning triples.

One in fourteen gogoolduoplexplex doesn't triple very quickly....

stick out tongue.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by beta ray bob
i say that beta and thor win cause of their raw strength and the fact that thor is a god! and bill is more or less a god!

and u r racist to norse culture if u disagree

Balder's a god...but i dont see him winning against the Hulk...

K3VIL
What people don't seem to understand, is that the sphere in the sun wasn't less hot than the sun itself.It's just a place created from Atum.Why a being who is isolating himself should need to make his own "home" accessable to other beings?
Thor can survive in the sun.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by Hulk rules all
Both Thor and Beta Ray Bill are powerful, especially when they are wielding the greatest plot device ever, their plastic hammers. You take away their walking plot devices and both Asgardians are going to be like mongrels without their teeth. Both are arrogant so they are going to think that they can dogpile the Hulk. They'll work as a team, one attacking and the other to hit Hulk when he is distracted. Well, they both can hit Hulk all day and the Hulk will stand there taking everything, enjoying the pummeling he is getting like a good massage. Once the Hulk gets bored getting his peerless muscles getting massaged, he is going to KO the glass jawed Asgardians with a left cross to destroy Thor and a right cross to atomize Beta Ray Bill. Hulk rules all. Case closed. The same cannot be said about the Asgardians. Pity.

co-signed

Happy Dance

band

DevilGoblin

Even if I agree that Thor loses to Hulk h2h - no mjolnir, no other powers - there's TWO of him here, with BRB. Both of them together win.

what idiocy Hulk killed Wolverine tons of times.

qqqqqqq
hulk is just too overrated, i mean how angry can hulk get?? if someone rapes betty a million times, does it mean that hulk will possess strength enough to overpower the power gem?

masterbruce
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
hulk is just too overrated, i mean how angry can hulk get?? if someone rapes betty a million times, does it mean that hulk will possess strength enough to overpower the power gem?

How angry can Hulk get? We don't know, there hasn't been shown a limit.

He singehandedly defeated Onslaught's physical form when the combined might of ALL other heroes could not even draw a scratch.

juggernaut66666

He singehandedly defeated Onslaught's physical form when the combined might of ALL other heroes could not even draw a scratch.
Wrong!Magneto and Cyclops cracked the armor before.

DevilGoblin

hulk detractors hate this truth laughing

qqqqqqq
hulk detractors hate this truth laughing and hulk fanboys love to fantasize

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
and hulk fanboys love to fantasize

i quoted what 99% of comic readers saw in that issue/fight, exaclty what Master Bruce said

qqqqqqq
i quoted what 99% of comic readers saw in that issue/fight, exaclty what Master Bruce said and i suppose the 1% u left out were people who didn't read hulk comics?

roughrider
hulk detractors hate this truth laughing

At last DevilGoblin shows up!
MasterBruce can seem almost reasonable in this debate. Now the real nonsense will start to flow on these pages!clapping

...Watch out for socks appearing at random shifty ...

Soljer
Wrong!Magneto and Cyclops cracked the armor before.

As did Thor.

juggernaut66666
Yup.

FearOfBlood
Yup.

Beta Ray Bill and Thor won't beat The Savage Hulk HTH combat

deal with it

beta ray bob
it's two feckin' gods! GODS! they win for the single reason that they are gods immortal

roughrider
Beta Ray Bill and Thor won't beat The Savage Hulk HTH combat

deal with it

Pure h2h, Thor has managed to stalemate Hulk in the past. What do you think TWO just like him will be able to do?

Deal with it.

FearOfBlood
Pure h2h, Thor has managed to stalemate Hulk in the past. What do you think TWO just like him will be able to do?

Deal with it.

if you knew the character you would know he does better if he faces team

Namor gave troubles to the Hulk in the past.

Two avengers team could not stop him. Thanks Banner if they are still alive.

Think about that, dude stick out tongue

Thor + Beta Ray Bill are not > two avengers teams.

roughrider
You bringing up the other Bannerless Hulk time, when they were seperated and Hulk fought all Avengers ( except Thor was not there - how interesting)at the same time? How much sense did that make - Iron Man and Namor have been able to stop a Savage Hulk in the past, but when they are fighting alongside several others they can't?

I know my Hulk history, junior. I was watching the Hulk TV show on friday nights as a kid, so my knowledge goes back.

Evangel94
Originally posted by beta ray bob
it's two feckin' gods! GODS! they win for the single reason that they are gods immortal

Unlike the Oylmpian gods, Asgardian gods are not immortal. If they sustain enough bodily harm, they can die.

MykeKitty
Some of you make it seem like Hulk attains Kurse-level strength/durability within 10 seconds.

Namor/Doc Samson/Abomination have all INDIVIDUALLY KO'd Savage Hulk physically, generating sufficient force to overcome his increasing strength and durability threshold. There's no way of measuring what these thresholds are as they vary with Hulk's anger level.

To say that Thor/BRB can't KO Hulk H2H is to say that Thor/BRB can't deliver equal or greater concussive force than the attack/attacks that Namor/Doc/Abomination used to dispatch Hulk.

To say that Thor couldn't KO in the encounters they've had is only to say that either Thor wasn't using enough force to KO Hulk, or that Hulk had reached a durability level where he was incapable of being incapacitated by the force of Thor's assault.

BRB is much more aggressive than Thor. Hulk is KO'd.

Accel

Deal with it.
Stalemate him some more?

Accel
You bringing up the other Bannerless Hulk time, when they were seperated and Hulk fought all Avengers ( except Thor was not there - how interesting)at the same time? How much sense did that make - Iron Man and Namor have been able to stop a Savage Hulk in the past, but when they are fighting alongside several others they can't?

I know my Hulk history, junior. I was watching the Hulk TV show on friday nights as a kid, so my knowledge goes back.
Yes, it made sense.

Namor stopped him underwater and Iron Man only managed to so with a cheap shot. Other than that, neither one has managed to KO Hulk on land.

Galan007
thor & betaraybill

7-8/10

Accel
Originally posted by MykeKitty
Some of you make it seem like Hulk attains Kurse-level strength/durability within 10 seconds.

Namor/Doc Samson/Abomination have all INDIVIDUALLY KO'd Savage Hulk physically, generating sufficient force to overcome his increasing strength and durability threshold. There's no way of measuring what these thresholds are as they vary with Hulk's anger level.

To say that Thor/BRB can't KO Hulk H2H is to say that Thor/BRB can't deliver equal or greater concussive force than the attack/attacks that Namor/Doc/Abomination used to dispatch Hulk.

To say that Thor couldn't KO in the encounters they've had is only to say that either Thor wasn't using enough force to KO Hulk, or that Hulk had reached a durability level where he was incapable of being incapacitated by the force of Thor's assault.

BRB is much more aggressive than Thor. Hulk is KO'd.
Doc Samson only knocked Hulk out when Hulk thought he was an illusion and didn't even want to fight him. He was as calm as possible. Namor has only managed to knock Hulk out underwater. Much more recently, after Hulk adapted underwater, Namor couldn't repeat the same feat. And Abomination hasn't had a victory since his first fight with Hulk. Hulk's practically beaten the guy to death on more than occasion.

If BRB acts more aggressive to Hulk in this fight, Hulk will just respond by getting angrier, stronger, blah, blah, blah.

roughrider
Angry Hulk can't be knocked out?

roughrider
Hmmm....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>