John Jameson does NOT bring the symbiote back from outer space!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
Empire has no reason to believe Jameson brings back the symbiote. They were taking that from Spider-Man lore in general. If you read Wizard, they have a page actually discussing the origin of the symbiote, saying it could be bought back from the moon or a lab creation. Empire is cheap and unreliable, the question was never asked in an interview and they have no proof.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by BlackC@
Empire has no reason to believe Jameson brings back the symbiote. They were taking that from Spider-Man lore in general. If you read Wizard, they have a page actually discussing the origin of the symbiote, saying it could be bought back from the moon or a lab creation. Empire is cheap and unreliable, the question was never asked in an interview and they have no proof.

How do you think they will explain it?

LORDSIDIOUS01
I have inside proof as to how the black alien symbiote is in the film.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
I have inside proof as to how the black alien symbiote is in the film.

Do you have a link? Why don't you share your info?

BlackC@
A Q and A session from ages ago even before the first teaser poster with Spidey in the black suit was released gave away spoilers, about the villains and Harry's look and that Spidey does get a black suit. These were all confirmed by the arrival of the teaser poster and movie trailers. The guy said the symbiote comes to Earth on an asteriod (presumabley crashes in Central Park and attaches to Peter un-be-known to him while he and MJ are there on their date).

steverules
it doesn;'t happen on their date it hapens when they are asleep...actually I just thought wouldn't spider-mans spider sence go off when the symbiote tries to attach to him???

Doc Ock
It comes on a meteorite.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by steverules
it doesn;'t happen on their date it hapens when they are asleep...actually I just thought wouldn't spider-mans spider sence go off when the symbiote tries to attach to him???

They make his spider sense very shaky in the movies. It works great and then its not even there.

Doc Ock

In the comics, the symbiote doesn't trigger Peter's spider sense. It's immune to it.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Doc Ock
In the comics, the symbiote doesn't trigger Peter's spider sense. It's immune to it.

Only after it was on him, though. Since Peter was its host, it was able to build a sort of defense against the Sense once he abandoned it.

So what Steve is saying should actually be true, but who knows with the movies.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Do you have a link? Why don't you share your info? Why should I. Its fun looking at all these responses. When the time is right, I will spill.

Dan-El
He doesn't have inside info. We know the symbiote is there, we saw it in the trailer. Plus John Jameson is slated to return, so they'll probably be using the origin from the cartoon.

I say they make a Secret Wars movie!!! lol

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Dan-El
He doesn't have inside info. We know the symbiote is there, we saw it in the trailer. Plus John Jameson is slated to return, so they'll probably be using the origin from the cartoon.

Now that would be awesome. The x-men cast, Spider-man, FF, and throw in some avengers. I bet that movie could sink the evil ship "Titantic" lol

miroku
it's true JJ don't bring back the symbiote from space
like in the comic

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by miroku
it's true JJ don't bring back the symbiote from space
like in the comic

Can we get a link to confirm?

Dan-El
Yes, please.

doctorstrongbad
Don't keep us in suspence. In the future, you should always back up your info with a link. wink

BlackC@

Gillies is NOT returning!

That is bullshit. It's not anywhere in any interviews or anything citable source confirming that.

Peter is unconsious when the symbiote attaches to him, maybe his spider sense doesn't work if he's out cold.

doctorstrongbad
I'm looking forward to the nightmare scene, where the suit chases him and then swallows him. Just like in the cartoon. Then he wakes up hanging upside down all like... where am I? How did I get here?

Sailor Chaos
Originally posted by Doc Ock
It comes on a meteorite.
Meh. The explaination in the animated series is better...but I can live with that.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Sailor Chaos
Meh. The explaination in the animated series is better...but I can live with that.

They have creative license, so they can make up anything they want.

Dan-El
Gillies is NOT returning!

That is bullshit. It's not anywhere in any interviews or anything citable source confirming that.

Peter is unconsious when the symbiote attaches to him, maybe his spider sense doesn't work if he's out cold.

Well, I guess if it isn't there, it ain't in the movie. Does that mean since J.K. Simmons isn't listed on SHH, then he isn't going to return? lol

Oh, and here:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/86/13686.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Gillies
http://www.killermovies.com/s/spiderman3/

He's coming back.

BlackC@
NO HE'S NOT!!!

Wiki has been wrong many times before!

Wiki got their info from an Empire magazine that was just mentioning Spider-Man lore in general.

And NO! The animated series is not the better explanation. It's a piece of shit!

BlackC@
I'm looking forward to the nightmare scene, where the suit chases him and then swallows him. Just like in the cartoon. Then he wakes up hanging upside down all like... where am I? How did I get here?

THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

A.) This is NOT the animated series! Why would they steal all their ideas from their?

B.) We see the symbiote covering Peter's face which causes him to wake up. So NO. He DOESN'T have a dream.

It covers him, he wakes up, he's hanging upside down.

Jesus H. Christ, some of these assumptions are terrible!

Dan-El
Wow, someone needs to curb the anger a bit.

And what about MovieWeb listing him? Oh, and Killermovies itself?

BlackC@
They get their 'info' from other sites. Notice how there has been no news on a website saying "Daniel Gillies has signed on for Spider-Man 3!!!!"

How come we've heard NOTHING about this character in this film, and NO mention of John in any interview with any other cast mates or anything?

doctorstrongbad
Wow, someone needs to curb the anger a bit.

And what about MovieWeb listing him? Oh, and Killermovies itself?

Maybe Anger Managment would help? lol

Dan-El
Maybe Anger Managment would help? lol

Seriously!

Anyway, I haven't seen any big news regarding Daniel Gillies either, but let's face it: he isn't THAT big of a star. I mean, he was on Cleopatra 2525 for crying out loud!

Sparkz

It did in the comics when Peter first found it so maybe...

BlackC@
Seriously!

Anyway, I haven't seen any big news regarding Daniel Gillies either, but let's face it: he isn't THAT big of a star. I mean, he was on Cleopatra 2525 for crying out loud!

But he's in a HUGE movie! Elizabeth Banks isn't a big star but we've heard a few things about her in Spider-Man 3.

Dan-El
Actually, Elizabeth Banks got a bit famous after her role in the 40 Year Old Virgin

doctorstrongbad
Actually, Elizabeth Banks got a bit famous after her role in the 40 Year Old Virgin

That was an awesome movie and she did a good job.

BlackC@

Sorry but your point holds no water.

Spider-Man was a lot more successful than The 40 Year-Old Virgin, so it would've been that role that she was noticed in. Lets not forget, Daniel Gillies was in Spider-Man 2!!!!

Dan-El
Sorry but your point holds no water.

Spider-Man was a lot more successful than The 40 Year-Old Virgin, so it would've been that role that she was noticed in. Lets not forget, Daniel Gillies was in Spider-Man 2!!!!

*claps* Good job! He was! And he'll be in 3! Get over it.

BlackC@
No he wont!!!!

You have NO citable source what so ever. No, a website wont cut it, that ASSUME he will be. Just as you are.

Dan-El
And YOU have no certifiable proof that he WON'T be in it.

BlackC@
Let's see, the fact that there was a interview with him in the Herald (a New Zealand newspaper) asking what he had been up to this year, to which he replied spending time with his wife in LA and he mentioned his projects and NOTHING about Spider-Man 3.
The fact that there's been NO mention of him returning. No interview or anything! We've even had interviews with people that are playing only scientists and Elizabeth Banks and Curt Conners!

There you go. My argument holds a Hell of a lot more water than yours does.

Boys really know nothing...

spencerspider
john might be in i dont know, i think eddie will kinda take more time and knock away other side stories..other than sandman and little girl

Dan-El
Meh, we'll see. I really don't care either way. Black C@ and I really don't have anything better to do than argue our points. I just want to enjoy the movie.

spideyinaction
jameson is returning, and he will bring the symbiote back on the shuttle. sticking to the comics would mean getting involved with the whole secret war story, and a meteor crashing would be too farfetched (even though this is a superhero movie). spidey will most likely have the dream sequence, as he is waking up from his sleep and the symbiote crawls on him, he will probably find himself waking up into a dream, thinking it is real, and cue to reality be hanging upside down from the building

doctorstrongbad
Meh, we'll see. I really don't care either way. Black C@ and I really don't have anything better to do than argue our points. I just want to enjoy the movie.

Man, I learned a long time ago you can never win when you argue with a girl. hehe

Dan-El
Is C@ a girl? I never saw a chick get so angry about...

Scratch that. In my experience, women are always angry.

doctorstrongbad
Is C@ a girl? I never saw a chick get so angry about...

Scratch that. In my experience, women are always angry.

Have you read her comments? "boys are so dumb.... boys .. blah"

I would like to see a pic before I make anymore comments. If she is hott, then I would have to agree with her more often. lol wink

Dan-El
Have you read her comments? "boys are so dumb.... boys .. blah"

I would like to see a pic before I make anymore comments. If she is hott, then I would have to agree with her more often. lol wink

Wow, that's the umpteenth level of sad!

But funny, lol! laughing

BlackC@
There's a new thing called Woman's Lib, it means woman get everything they want chica

Anyways, to the post on the last page, an asteriod is not far-fetched!!!
The shuttled in a THOUSAND times more far-fetched and unplausible! Jesus, you have a SERIOUS lack of judgement.
Shuttle wont happen.

Yeah, an astronaut travelling to the moon, finding a black substance, bringing it back and crashing on the bridge is a LOT more believable than an asteriod crashing into Central Park roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'm also sure they have the time and the money to film a sequence like that. Nice one, Braniac.

To put my post more simply, you're an idiot.

BlackC@
Also, he doesn't have the dream.

I can prove this. The symbiote starts covering his costume, we see ALL of this, it then starts oozing up his face, he wakes up. If you're awake, you can't be dreaming. When he wakes up, he's hanging upside down from the building. There's no time to have the dream.

I've shot down your theory. He couldn't have the dream.

Would you people stop falling back on the animated series for plot details!!!
They're trying to make their own version of Spider-Man!

doctorstrongbad
Wow, that's the umpteenth level of sad!

But funny, lol! laughing

Hey I'm just getting ready for Valentine's day. hehe

Dan-El
Also, he doesn't have the dream.

I can prove this. The symbiote starts covering his costume, we see ALL of this, it then starts oozing up his face, he wakes up. If you're awake, you can't be dreaming. When he wakes up, he's hanging upside down from the building. There's no time to have the dream.

I've shot down your theory. He couldn't have the dream.

Would you people stop falling back on the animated series for plot details!!!
They're trying to make their own version of Spider-Man!

Just because we see the symbiote cover Pete's face and he wakes up doesn't mean he doesn't have a dream sequence. The shots used in trailers and teasers are usually not the final cut. What they could do is have it flash back and forth between the dream and what's going on with the symbiote.

And I have to agree that a meteor isn't that far-fetched.

doctorstrongbad
There's a new thing called Woman's Lib, it means woman get everything they want chica

Thats not what Women's lib means. lol Nice try by the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.